Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Zangetsu

-Valhalla Bridge-

"Come on Captain, I have severly limited my abilty to do any harm. I've placed electromagnetic cuff on myself that'll only release when Kayvan give the okay. He'll only do that on three conditions. If I or any of my comrades are in danger, if a battle is going on, or if commanded by a supriour officer such as yourself." Explained Zangetsu. "Also sir I feel that I personaly need to apologise to a few of people, like Kitty and Xiu who I or rather He attacked."
Kylern

-Cassan-

"Still think he's suffering from a inferiority complex. No other reason he jumps at shadows." Cassan mentally grinned at that thought keeping it to himself. He would leave the conversation at that because odds were theses guys would take things personally and fight about it. There was no need to start trouble with the midget squad anyways. He was here for a specific purpose and he would complete that and return to his previous job of dealing with rouge groups causing trouble on the Moon. The Federation had stirred up a hornets nest with that Lunar Corp incident and more than a few people got ahold of toys they didn't need. (Might create a small Lunar Insurgent group later using stolen LC mechs)

"Hopefully our target doesn't prey upon their greenness. This ship would make a pretty valuable target for any Fandom force looking for an easy meal." He wasn't talking about the mechs but the ship itself. This vessel wasn't exactly the pride of the Federation fleet... That ship was stolen by the Gundam team. And honestly Cassan didn't care enough about this group to risk his Testament in defending it should the worst come.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Ryker -

He did indeed pick up on the emphasis of the word 'loss' when she spoke, but interpreted it differently than she intended it to be.

"Yes, her skills will be missed on board, that's for sure." Ryker replied looking over the transfer orders. "Well, everything seems to be in order here." he said as he stood up and extended his hand to June.
"Welcome aboard the Ceres, Chief Uzuki."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Hal/Jason

The Pilot seemed to want to change the subject; fine with him.

"That's where people like you and I come in this green ship may look like a tasty worm but we have a sharp hook."

Perhaps the fishing metaphor wasn't completely appropriate but Hal was certain it'd get the job done.

Altair

"I'm afraid I'm not capable of making such a call; these arrangements will only be until we can return to Aidoneus where Dr. Bian and Ryker can review your case. If you really think you need to speak with someone I can request they visit you in the Brig."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

-Valhalla Bridge-
"Very well. I would like for you to ask Xiu and Kitty if they have a moment to vist me in the brig." Zangetsu said as he walked back to the brig and sat in the cornor.
Omega

-Zaine-

He almost jumped when Tallis woke up, his face reddening a good deal more thinking she heard what he said a moment ago.

"Um... Uh... We're in the barracks... and you didn't hear what I said, did you?"

-Luna & Lyon-

The women nodded and Lyon blushed since she'd never been called 'lovely' before.
Sume Gai

Altair

"Right Miss Ral please have some MPs relay the request."

With that two MPs were dispatched to deliver the Messages they would find the girls eventually.

Tallis Stenner

Tallis Looked around at Zaine's words then in a moment of realization her hand came to cover her open mouth as she looked down; embarrassed by her mistake and outburst.

"You're right, this isn't my room; this isn't even the Ceres what are we doing here?"

then She realized that the 'Dream' hadn't been a dream; but that meant...

"Zaine tell me where's the Pilot of that big Black and Gold mech?"
Last edited by Sume Gai on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

SNT1

--Rachel and Taylor--

Just after Rachel had finished her report, the room is now suddenly filled with Federation officers. Yes, higher-ranking officers for some. The two chicks get up to meet the soldiers. "Ah, Commander Ramius," Taylor notes, "This is Major Rachel Anne, squad leader of the Duskraiders. She's been holding back the Fandom forces on this side of the globe."

Rachel blushes at Taylor's... 'decoration' comments, but still manages to salute superior officers.

"Also, the volunteer," Taylor looks around; seems like the Ex-S pilot should be here...

"Ahem," Rachel interrupts, covering for Slug, "He has evaluation duties at the end of every mission. He's not like us."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Zaine-

He calms down a bit seeing that she realized where they were. Then she asks about Mr. Black and Gold.

"Probably in the hangar... I've got some questions for him myself, so would it bug you if I tagged along? or do you want to see him alone?"
Sume Gai

Claus Rissur

Claus' eyes scan Rachel upon hearing who she was he stood to introduce himself.

"Ah Ms. Anne; You certainly haven't gone unmentioned even in Gibraltar; I am pleased to make your acquaintance as well. I am Commander Claus Rissur of the First Tactical Knightmare Wing; the Silver Knights."

He then turned to the serious-faced Major and offered the same courtesy.

"and Major Reese, I believe, It is very good to meet you as well."

Tallis Stenner

"Right..."

Tallis was up and moving in a second; she had to know. 'could it be? Could he really be alive?' She was still unsure if that part had been a dream, a fevered fantasy, or real. She dashed out of the room, and towards the hanger.

Nero

-June-

She accepted his handshake offer.

"Thank you sir, I promise i'll do my best."

She then gave a salute before heading to the hangar to assume her post.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Cassan-

The man with an arab looking decent just looked at the pilot with a not so impressed look on his face. "I'm not all convinced myself. This ship screams attack me and the Fandom has been getting desperate lately. They say a cornered and injured animal tends to be the most dangerous and I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. I've heard reports of monsterous machines in this part of the world and if we come across them then this entire crew could be in more than just danger."

This meant he was doubting his own ability to defeat the enemy because he was a pragmatist. He wasn't a newtype or some hotshot pilot like those fools in the special divisions. He was a soldier given the task to eliminate the enemy, but the fact the enemy was a hidden mass with unknown power made this difficult. Especially for a newbie ship and its green crew, who have probably never even seen true combat. It was irritating to say the least...

-Kylern-

(I'm enjoying these surreal posts)

He stood there as the TEMJIN reached out to him but fell short. Even as he tried to reach out himself the distance seemed to get farther and farther until he was once again alone in a black star lite space. Kylern stomped his foot in anger giving a 360 turn around once to see that he was alone with nowhere to go.

"I'm convinced... I'm dead and this is some strange hell. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be reincarnated in a world better than the last two I was in." He sat down not feeling an actual ground unless he willed it. An invisible floor that he created to feel more secure. He wasn't a spacenoid so 360 dimensional space was unnerving to him. Despite the fact he had dreamed of being a fighter pilot growing up, he had grown to appreciate the safety of a limited space. This was a strange conversation as well...

"Gah I'm going fracking crazy. Why can't the end just come and take me out of this miserable place? SOMETHING HAPPEN! I wanna go home." He was starting to lose his mind as he remained in this blackness. Eternity like this was unbearable... What if he was stuck here forever? This had to be hell...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine-

He realized Tallis was already out of the room. "What the..." He soon left the barracks to try and catch up.

Damn it, who is that guy?
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

Gai was staring down Lowind, he wasn't satisfied that this wasn't going to be another incident like Kayla. However that is when Gai heard the pounding of feet rushing towards the group. He turned.

Tallis had no problem picking the man out of the group even with out the V-fin like headpiece. He turned as she approached, now there was no mistaking it so much was different about the man but the face and it's expression remained the same.

"GAI!!!"

Gai was quite surprised when Tallis rushed straight towards him moving even faster than before and, tears of joy filling her from her eyes, thew her arms around him. Gai was naturally confused about this.

"Tallis What-"

"I thought... I thought you were dead. but you're not you-"

"yep it's me in the flesh.. more or less"

Gai stepped back as her embrace loosened A smile again forming on his face.

"What happened to you? How'd you survive?"

"It's a long story."

Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine arrived at the hangar just as Tallis put her arms around Gai. Somehow, Zaine could tell that it was Gai by Tallis' Reaction and the fact that he responded to the name.

"Wha..." A look of pure shock was on his face at the scene and he ended up coming to a conclusion. "Gai must be her first love..." His head fell, his eyes pretty much invisible. "...Damn it!" The young pilot banged his fist on the wall behind him.
Nero

-June-

She soon arrived at the hangar and much to her surprise, saw a red-haired robot with a young blonde woman near it. As she started toward it, she turned her attention to it's pilot. "Um... that isn't a super-robot, is it?"

Part of her was hoping not...
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Omega

-Zaine-

The young pilot fell to his knees, clearly shaken by what he saw. As such he just sat there, silently cursing himself for not seeing it sooner, a mixture of sadness and anger filling him.

-Luna & Lyon-

"Well, I wonder what trouble is here..." Lyon said out loud, while Luna just sat there before speaking up. "There must be some trouble in the area... I have heard that a Fandom group has been razing Federal areas, though I don't know much beyond that..." That really was all she knew at the moment, hopefully she'd learn more here.
The Big Zabowski

-Kit-

Kitty was standing around Xiu when she was intercepted by Gai and a talking down was done about her 'drink offer.' Needless to say, as Xiu and Stellar were enamored by Gai's appearance, Kitty just waved a hand and shook her head, walking off toward the mess.

"If you all want something, I'll be in the-"

"GAI!!"

It was then, just at the entrance to the hangar that she saw Tallis burst through the doorway being tailed slowly by Zaine. The young mechanic turned pilot quite literally 'glomped' the older pilot and seemingly swooned over him and his 'sudden' return. With one good eye, she simply rolled 'it' and was about to make her way out the door when she heard the thud of Zaine's fist as it contacted the steel bulkhead. With a sigh she walked over to the sulking young pilot and pushed him back through the door.

She could tell what this was about.. Not hard to have seen it coming a mile away. With one hand on his shoulder, she had him pinned in order to get one point across to the whiny pilot.

"If you want her love so bad, you gotta make it yours. Show her ya love her. Some girls are blind like that..or so said a friend of mine."

She then smirked slightly and let go of the pilot, walking through the halls toward the mess.
Last edited by The Big Zabowski on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

Tallis couldn't help but smile, she realized full well how much she had missed Gai and couldn't put her happiness at his return into words.

"I'm just so glad you're alive"

Tallis moved forward to embrace him again; she was surprised when Gai stopped her with a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm glad to see you again too but... I'd hate to have bad rumors about us floating around."

one could almost see the "!" mark over Tallis' head as she realized what she had just done she looked down her cheeks a cherry red; to her surprise Gai laughed at this.

"Wha- WHAT'S SO FUNNY?"

her embarrassment shifted to something like anger though not as strong. Gai stopped laughing and looked at her a smile on his face.

"no no it's not that, it's just like you; so what did you think of you're first battle?"

-MP 1-

the first of the two MP carrying Zangetsu's messages had chosen to search the fore of the ship. He had chosen correctly as he ran into Kitty just outside the hanger.

"Excuse me Lieutenant Kitty? I've been asked to relay a request from Zangetsu; He'd like you to visit him if you can. He's in detention cell 3."

Once he was sure his message had been delivered the MP proceeded into the hanger where the other receiver currently was.

-MP 2-

while the other MP would have no luck in delivering his message he had another kind of luck. In the engine room he found something he had not expected, A boy followed by two cats. 'what the heck?'

Omega

-Zaine-

He pretty much didn't notice Kitty pull him into the hall, But snapped out of it at Kitty's advice. "If you want her love so bad; you gotta make it yours. Show her ya love her. Some girls are blind like that... or so said a friend of mine." After saying what she wanted to say, she walked off.

How though...

He at least decided to thank Kitty for what she did. "Hey, Kitty... Thanks... who knows what would've happened if you hadn't pulled me out of the hangar..." He decided to stay outside the hangar for a bit to calm down.