Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Nero

-Zero-

"..." Bian cut the line; now Zero wasn't sure what to think of the DC leader. "What kind of a man are you, Bian..." About a few moments later, Snow came to his office.

"Martin Snow; reporting as requested."

"Ah, Glad you could make it. I was rather impressed with your piloting ability... But a compliment wasn't the reason I called you here. You see; I now have a taskforce to lead... but I also want officers I can trust serving alongside me... And your ability has prompted me to make this offer; Would you by chance be interested in becoming a Black Knight?"
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Goldsburg-

He watched as she got her stuff and headed out without much more than a few words and an overly dirty look. He still didn't understand the agression towards him but that wasn't the point. Instead he just sort of relooked over his new info Kit had given him including the data from that Haro unit.

"Interesting... They call themselves Innovators and that new ship of theirs is nice. I think my little Ghost needs a new tactic if he is to deal with these monsters." He placed his fingers together evil like and prepared for a combat program based off data extracted from the Wake battle. Goldsburg wanted one of those new individuals for himself and he planned to use the still underfunctioning but still valuable TEMJIN pilot.

As everyone slept he went to work preparing for the next big conflict in which their participation might make a difference.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine-

He decided to leave the bridge and make his way to the hangar remembering that he still needed to gain a better understanding of the T-link System. He arrived a little while later and made his way to the Mk. II.

"Hmm... Maybe I should ask a mechanic's opinion of the system." He poked his head out of the Mk. II and looked around for someone who could be able to help. Zaine soon caught sight of Tallis and called out for her. "Hey Tallis, could you come here for a minute?" He was hoping she'd be able to help.
Sume Gai

Snow

While the offer excited the young pilot he already knew the answer.

"I'm grateful for the offer Sir but for now as long as there is an Icer squad I would like to remain with him."

Icer/Wraith

as Icer lowered the wooden blade the atmosphere in the empty
dojo changed; suddenly it was not so empty. Almost as though resolving itself from the shadows Wraith in his ebony armor appeared before the captain. With no words, nor noise of any kind, Wraith placed himself in front of Icer and raised a wooden blade in challenge.

Tallis Stenner

The ex-mechanic had taken up applying the multiple layers of AB coating to the Alt having just finshedher first when Zaine called her. She placed the Sprayer head on the ground and took off the respirator mask. before heading over.

"yes Zaine? you need something?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nero

-Zero-

"All right, but keep my offer in mind. I'd enjoy fighting alongside you."
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Omega

-Zaine-

"How much do you know about this?" He brought up a status display of The T-Link System; which was still down.

"The T-Link System... Something about it's been bugging me ever since I somehow activated it back at Wake Island."

"Also... what did you think of your first battle?"
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis Began looking at the readout of the T-Link system as she answered Zaine's second question.

"To be honest I was scared but t the same time it was also exciting; I don't think I can put words to it any other way.."

What Zaine showed Tallis was interesting. Newtype tech was something she only had passing knowledge on so she couldn't fully understand the system but she could understand the concept.

"It looks like... some kind of bio-sensor or something similar. My best guess is it amplifies psychic energy and turns it into an offensive force... but if you used it... does that mean you are a newtype?"

Snow

"Thank you sir I will."

with those words Snow dissmissed himself from the meeting and left the ship.

Icer/Wraith

Icer was unsure about the man and the way even the air seemed to freeze around him but that would not let him retreat from a direct challenge. The two faced each other swords at the ready; almost as if an invisible gong had been struck they began.

Icer charged unleashing a quick over-head slash; Wraith parried and took to the defensive letting Icer begin an onslaught of fast precise blows. Icer seemed to have the advantage as his blows came left right and center one after another but skilled eyes would see how precisely and effortlessly Wraith was blocking each strike even as he stepped back to the invisible 'edge' of the 'ring'.

Icer seeing his opponent was only a step away from the 'edge' unleashed a more powerful blow than any before intending to force his opponent out but that was far from what happened.Wraith dodged rather than parrying stepping aside with intent he let Icer create an opening by over-extending himself on the the missed swing and struck quickly; a powerful blow to the back ending the first match with Wraith the clear victor.

Icer took this loss without complaint it had been an underestimation on his part that caused it. he stood and addressed the silent man

"I apologize but I seem to have mistaken your skill level, Would you care to go two out of three?"

In response the man raised the wooden blade again; Clearly he accepted the offer.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-Kylern-

After what seemed like hours the otherworlder started to stir from his sleep on the chair. His body still felt weak and his mind was foggy. Actually over all he felt sick to his stomach and almost collapsed as he tried to get up. But he had to force himself up either way because he needed a shower. Of all things to worry about, it was his appearance right now that bothered him, especially with Rena still sleeping in the next bed over.

So using the wall to hold himself up while he walked towards the wash area for those in the infirmary. And to his benefit there were places to grab and hold himself up while he cleaned.

It took a bit longer than he had planned but the hot water not only woke him up but made him feel more awake. Plus the head pain had melted away leaving him more clear headed to think. But for the life of him he couldn't remember what had happened the last few days... A track of his existance had disappeared from his mind and it was disheartening to know that.

"Just relax and carry on. There are more important things to dwell on." Talking to himself made him feel more secure as he dressed, not into his uniform but jeans, teeshirt, and his jacket with the American flag and eagle on the back. It was something else that had come through with him and it was a treasured item. But as he held it the fog drifted back over his mind as he couldn't recollect where he had gotten it.

"Why is this happening to me?" He asked himself silently as he held the leather jacket in his hands and traced his fingers over the image on the back. It felt like a military patch but he didn't remember being in the military back home... Actually he couldn't seem to think what he had been doing before coming here? His fingers touched his temples feeling no pain just fogginess and blankness.
Nero

-Zero-

"Safeguard our other hacked frequency; I need a way to keep in touch with our inside source." Zero spoke over the com-line to the bridge.

If I lose touch with her... then I won't be able to learn about the Gundam Team...

"Com Frequency secured; sir."

Zero then prepared a written message for his spy to be sent before the DC discovered the other frequency...
Use that on Lune Zoldark... but a mild dose... no need to kill her... Just prove a point.
The message would soon reach his spy on Aidoneus; hopefully undetected.

-Rena-

She woke up just as Kylern was dressing and made her way to the shower in the infirmary, undressing right in plain sight no less... Of course until she realized he was still there. "...?!" *gasp* He had one chance to stop her from screaming.

-???-

Zero's spy soon recieved the message and prepared a drink with a mild dose of a drug that she would offer Lune later.
Omega

-Zaine-

"?!" Tallis' description of the T-Link System followed by her question left a look of surprise on his face.

Me... a Newtype?

He then asked a likely unexpected question. "...Can you help me get it working again? There's one way to find out if I am..." Zaine aimed to see if he couldn't use the T-Link System again.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He was about to place the jacket around him when he was suddenly aware of a second person nearby. Surprised he quickly pivoted to see who it was and noticed a half-naked Rena standing there with all the tale tell signs of screaming coming up.

"Frack..." His hands went up with one trying to cover her mouth and the other to wrap the jacket around her to shield her from his eyes. Not that he had never seen a woman before but this was an inappropriate moment and he felt as if he should protect her dignaty. He was a guy and he knew what went through a guy's head.

"No need to make a ruckus. It would look bad on both of us if someone came barging in here to see what the screaming was about." Kylern had no need for one of those perverted anime moments where he would end up slapped. So he took steps to prevent it from happening.

-Nowe-

He chatted with a nearby GN-XIII as they started to be loaded up onto the transports for heading back to space. The rather odd Nowe just contined to play along with being a member of this group knowing that they would be telling someone high up about those new guys. Nowe wanted to be there and reap the rewards of their sacrifice so he could go back after them.

(He's ready for space and maybe briefing Raven about the Innovators.)
Nero

-Rena-

She nodded to show she understood what he was saying.

Right... we don't need that...

She quietly and quickly gathered up her clothes and made a dash for the shower to quickly get out of sight and redress.

"Um... Kylern? I came across something unexpected when I went to that part of the base you showed me..."
SNT1

8 hours later...

--Slug--

"Ex-S Gundam, you are cleared for landing."

It was a rather comfortable cruise for Slug in the Ex-S, with him finding time to take a nap in that 8-hour long trek, and time to snack, to boot. But he has now arrived in the mountainous Andorra, and he can already see the hangar, the experimental units, the Humming bird with... battle damage?

"What the..." Slug says as he checks it out while he was still in his unit, and then a man suddenly appears from below, waving both of his hands.

"Awright!" Slug knew this guy for a couple of years. Slug then hurries to get the belts and safety harnesses off to meet Johann Nueve.

--Slug and Johann and Antonio--

"What's uuup duuude!" Johann shouts out aloud. This attitude is a bit different when he came to this world a couple of years ago, but since then he's blended with the chill ways of the Sidewinder company's atmosphere.

"Nuthin much, jus' killin' some Fandom and DC guys!" replies Slug.

"Yeah, about that, what the hell got you fighting with the DC?"

"Something about the Gundam Team, and umm, aww hell I don't care, haha..."

"Heh, nice. Looks like you're holding up pretty well with your new Gundam? Antonio told me all about it."

"Yeah... it's nice... speaking of which, why the hell is the Hummingbird damaged?" Slug inquires, seeing the wings damaged and part of that one booster.

"Yeah, ran into a few Fandom units." Antonio pops out, greeting Slug as well. "Hehehe I see you had less trouble on your part," he continues as he eyes the Ex-S nearly scratchless.

"Well, ya' know me," Slug says, and asks, "Fandom units, huh? I bet you ran directly above the Fandom-heavy areas in the Middle East eh?"

"Yup! Quicker that way. Besides, I just outran the ****ers. hahaha"

"I did the EXACT same thing man, except I didn't get hit."

"Blah, whatever," Antonio gives up as Johann laughs it up. "You suck dude, stick to mechanics," Johann says.

"Alright, stop beating me up!" Antonio says. "How about you show Slug the hotel?"

"Hotel huh, I guess no crappy military quarters this time eh?" Slug says. This could be a great change of pace. He'd sleep in a vacation-spot hotel, full amenities, show up for work for about 8 hours maximum, Slug would be livin' large here. Except, that eventually, his contract would require him to contribute to the front lines...

"Alright, hop in my car," Johann says, "the ground crew will take care of your Gundam... we also need to work on it, or so I heard. It's like 8:00 already, so we might as well relax for tomorrow."

"Nice," was all Slug could say.

Johann would then take both Slug and Antonio to the nearby hotel (the same hotel Johann stayed in with his missions as a preventer, except in a different universe. Funny how that works.), while Johann himself would retreat to his flat.
Last edited by SNT1 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

Zangetsu bowed his head in shame. "Yes Bian Zaraki, got out of control. I lost control of my anger against Xiu and he took control. I aoplogize for his actions and for my inability to control him."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"I can try but you might be better asking someone with experience in this kinda tech. For now though they asked me to put more AB coating on the Alt."

Kylern

-Kylern-

"And what might that be?" He asked with his back to the wall which she was behind. He was waiting for her to get dressed so he could quit feeling awkard. Wait why was he feeling awkard? It wasn't like he hadn't accidently caught sight of a girl... wait didn't he just have the conversation with himself? His mind continued feeling fuzzy playing tricks with both his long term and short term memory.

Once again Kylern rubbed his temples, but not from pain but from sheer confusion. Was he losing his mind or had the cerberal damage been to great this time? This must be what old folks feel like when their mind started to deteriote.
Nero

-Rena-

"I think I found a Hot spring..." She had finished dressing so she came around the corner, slightly embarrassed.
Wingnut

- Bian -

"Just two questions, Mr. Lowind. One, are there any more from your dimension in the Fandom that you know of, and two, why did you decide to change sides?"

Bian then looked at Zangetsu.
"And as for you Mr. Zangetsu, you should see one of the doctors here about finding some kind of permanent way of controlling him. The team is going to be here for a while so you'll have plenty of time to come up with something."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"You think?" He asked as she came around the corner. His arms were folded and his eyes closed as he tried to recollect himself.

"I might be something like a deadly sulfur pool? I don't since I'm not a native of this area." He grabbed his jacket and pulled it around him feeling comfortable again. He needed to get out of this funk before he started to lose who he was. Maybe his previous attempts to separate himself from this world were catching up with him? Who knew...

"So I'm guessing you wanna show me right? Mind you I've never seen a hot spring in my life." Which was true. There were no hotsprings where he had lived, which was? The southeast of North America right?
Omega

-Zaine-

"Right, thanks." He smiled as he said that...

Should I.... no... His face turned a bright shade of red as he quietly brought the Mk. II's hand up for Tallis to climb on.

"I'll go see if I can find anyone who knows how to fix it. But when it's ready... would you be interested in watching when it's repaired?" He politely offered.