Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Nero

-Rena-

Kylern would soon find his hand in Rena's as she led him out of the Infirmary and to the MW Hangar then out to where she had found it.

They had to work their way through a passage, but soon found it.

"Well, here it is..." Three different springs were there; with various looks to them.

She blushed at her next statement. "We can share one; or we can use different ones... which do you want to do?"
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

He was surprised again as his thoughts were shattered by her grabbing his hand and dragging him away. Was she taking him to the hot spring she was talking about earlier? She had to be, why else would she be leading the way?

"You don't have to go so fast... I'm still not feeling well." Which was true as his stomach churned and his body felt weak.

Finally though they arrived just outside of the base proper and in a rather secluded spot. He looked around still cautious about what was probably going to happen next. What if this wasn't safe? He had no idea whether this could be or not because he had never seen one before.

"Ehhh..." He had no idea but wasn't as embrassed as she was. Actually he felt rather dense right now as to what was going on.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Rena-

"Go ahead and rest... I'll see if they're safe." Inwardly, she hoped for just one being like that... but she used her hand to check and soon found that all three were safe. "Damn it..."

-June-

She had found Lune after the mechanic took a shower and changed into a new suit of clothes, and had a pair of bottled drinks with her.

"Miss Lune, right? I was wondering... were you thirsty by chance?" As if in response to her own question, she held out the one in her right hand.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

He sat down near one of the smaller ones and started down into the bubbling water curiously. He wasn't really all that thrilled about playing the boiling lobster but this seemed to be a lot to Rena. So he decided to go along with it and make her happy.

"How about we use this one? That way we won't be too far away should something happen." He wasn't sure what would happen out here except that they could get in trouble. But he figured he had to desguise the fact that he didn't mind being in the same pool as her with something else.

He wanted to ask her if he had hurt her earlier... But he wasn't even sure himself what had happened meaning he didn't want to bring it all up again.
Nero

-Rena-

She looked in his direction and saw that he was already in one...

"...All r-right..." She hid behind a rock as she undressed before sheepishly heading towards and climbing into the spring he was in.

She would keep her distance as she felt they had the risk of getting in trouble if they were caught.
Kylern

-Kylern-

Well he hadn't gotten in yet... He was just sitting by it but as she slipped in he got down to just the briefs and got in too. Of course he had already taken a shower not even an hour earlier but this was for her sake. But as he got in he found it to be real freaking hot... He bit back the pain of the heat as he slipped into the water.

"This is so fu**ing hot. I think I'm starting to cook." Hopefully he cooked well and tasted good afterwords. Maybe some carrots and potatoes were needed like in a Loonie Toons cartoon. Maybe it was with that cross dressing bunny rabbit? Hell he didn't know and didn't care at this point.

"But then again, it does make the pain go away." Which was true as he felt like he was melting again out of his own body. And as he relaxed he felt calmer... He could almost think clearly again without the mental static.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Sure thing!"

She responded quickly before returning to her work

Icer/Wriath

the next match began in an instant but this time Wraith went on the offensive. His style was different than that which the sport generally employed. It was more power based of which the black knight seemed to have plenty to spare. Icer on the defensive was continually pushed back by the wide forceful blows. Icer continued to block though not nearly as effortlessly as Wraith had blocked his own blows.

It was almost a ring-out but then with a mighty blow and loud crack the wooden blades shattered to splinters. Icer knew that this was technically a tie but was also aware that he would have lost had the blades not broken.

"that counts as a tie and since we can't continue the game is yours"

At least that is what Icer had thought until he noticed the man proffering something; the golden hilt of a European long sword. was the man suggesting they continue with real blades? Icer was about to deny the last duel but something about the man in ebony seemed to want this very badly. Icer reached out and grasped the hilt of the sword it's weight far greater than any he had used before,
Nero

-Rena-

Which would find itself melting as she went over to where he was; completey oblivious to the fact there was nothing hiding her from him; save the water.

"Y-You're... okay, right?"
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Me ok?" He restated the question automatically processing it through his cross-wired brain.

"I guess I am. Just can't think very well." He offered this explaination over the one stating that he was in fact losing his mind. Well maybe metaphorically... not that he was sure that was the fact. Even his re-anlyazation of his thoughts felt confused and jumbled.

"Thanks for waking me up yesterday. I was scared that I would die lost." Very true...
Nero

-Rena-

She nodded in response to his answer and when he said 'thank you' she responded in a rather surprising way... she leaned against him, her nude body pressing against him. "You're welcome..."
Kylern

-Kylern-

He was so calmed by the heat that he just sat there almost asleep as she leaned against him. He just felt soothed and relaxed to the point of slumber. But he was still active even if slower as he placed his arm around her as they sat there soaking up super-heated water.

"So... Besides stupid things this place has been rather peaceful. I wonder how long either the Fandom or Federation will continue to let us rest here now that the Gundam team is here again?" He asked her in a slow drowzy voice.

-Natalia-

She was pissed of course but gradually learned to except the fact her GN Flag was gone. She had been offered one of the Guarlions to replace it which she had accepted. It beat piloting at freaking lion again... But then again it was still lacking compared to the GN units the enemy was fielding. She felt weak and naked in this new situation.
Lowind

"Well, I had the dubious honor of being the one to find and reattach the body parts of the other guy I am sure that came from the other side. I don't recall anyone else being brought in after the lack of success we showed, or at least not from the universe we are from."

"As for the reason for defection, I am tired of losing. Simple as that."
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Suddenly!

No, seriously. Suddenly, there was a presence staring at June from behind her --- and, standing in front of a set of crates, behind opaque sunglasses and with his hands behind his back, was Morpheus, wordlessly just staring at her. Those more attuned mentally, however, would feel a massive presence emanating from him, even though Morpheus was completely calm and collected.

Otherwise, that seemed to be all he was doing, though.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nero

-June-

June soon had the odd feeling someone was staring at her. So she whirled around to find a most peculiar looking man staring at her. "What? I'm just offering her a drink."

-Rena-

"I'm... not sure..."
Omega

-Zaine-

After Tallis went back to work on the Alteisen, Zaine departed the Valhalla in his Huckbein and soon took notice of a hangar where another Mk. II was being repaired...

He parked his nearby and entered to find mechanics buzzing about trying to fix the battered machine already in the hangar. "Um... could these guys be able to help?" He turned his attention to a young man sitting back and watching the mechanics and went over to him. "Hey... You know where I can find a mechanic that can fix the T-Link System in my machine?" He pointed outside the hangar to his Mk. II.

-Excalibur-

The Excalibur would remain in Taipei to assist the base in it's defense until it's repaired.
Wingnut

- Bian -

"I see. Very well. That was all I needed to know. You may go."

- Lune -

"Morpheus?" Lune said as she notices the man behind both her and June, ignoring June's offer of a drink for the moment. "Is something wrong?"

- Chris Talon -

"Oh, Zaine was it?" Chris asked trying to remember the other pilot's name.

"Well, these guys should be able to help out with that, or at least find you replacement parts if it's beyond repair."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

"All right, thanks." He said before pulling aside two technicians who weren't busy with the other Mk. II and explained that he needed to get the T-Link System fixed, to which they soon had him bring his Mk. II into the building and the technicians set to work on repairing the system after Zaine had gotten out of the cockpit.

He decided to go grab a can of soda from a nearby vending machine since he was thirsty and decided to go ahead and grab one for Chris, which he held out once he walked over to the pilot. "If you don't mind me asking, how'd you know my name? And what's yours anyway?"
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Well at least nobody can sneak in here with mobile suits. Bian made sure to set up safeguards against all forms of stealth. The Fandom won't be able to launch an attack on here without the entire DC defense force on their ass."

As he continued to relax he pulled the girl next to him closer so he could lean his head agains her's. "I Just want you to know that if I kick the can I've enjoyed my time with you around. It has given my existance here meaning but with things going the way they are I probably will never see home again." He was contemplating his own demiss at the hands of this universe. He was already losing bits of himself and would probably not even function back home. And even though he desperatly wanted to see his previous life there were good reasons to just finish up here. There were people to protect and battles to fight. And he felt like if his destiny was death then he would meet it face to face.
Nero

-Rena-

The elven girl was silent as Kylern spoke, only a silent tear came at the thought of losing him.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu sat outside and admired the sky. Kayvan flew around is lazy circles above him. "Hmmm, a way to get rid of him perminatly? What could it be?" he mumbled.