Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Zaine-

Before heading back, he opened and climbed out of the cockpit, wanting to see if the Lion he used to test the T-Link System was still there.

Much to his surprise; There was a crater where the Lion used to be with the smoldering remains of it's legs still in the crater. "Wow..." He was clearly surprised for a moment before remembering his passenger.

"Damn it..." He muttered before turning around to face her and offered a hand to her to help get out of the machine. "Sorry about making you get in that uncomfortable space... But I really will make it up to you, Tallis."
SNT1

--Rachel and Taylor--

"Tokyo... International... Eh, what's the worst that could happen?" Taylor notes to herself as she grabs her jacket, made a last few clicks on her computer, and got up to leave a bit after Enlight left.

Not that she wanted a GN drive for herself---mind you, she thinks they still don't have a way to hit her Akatsuki at range, but the thought of having GN units on her side seems like an attractive, effective psychological weapon itself. Just how the DC insults the Federation by constantly aquiring Federation tech, it would have the same effect on Fandom... or so she hopes.

Her first stop was the bar. She's going to pickup Rachel. She walks quickly straight in after getting off her jeep, and spots her fellow major. "Rachel, come with me, serious stuff. Something about Fandom tech."

"Oh?" Rachel reacts, and on instinct looks at the Innovators beside her. Still, she gets up to leave after putting down a random amount of yen in the counter.

As the two readied to head to the airport, Taylor told everything about what Enlight said, and Rachel likewise told her about her recent conversation.

"So, you're trying to get your hand on those for yourself?"

"Well, not for myself. I doubt my performance would improve much. I'm thinking of GN units on limited MP units."

"I very much doubt that, but I see where you're going with this..."

"Now... to see if this is worth the trouble..." with that Taylor enters the airport. "Well silly me, Tokyo Airport is only one of the biggest airports in the world! They didn't specify where..."

"You're kidding me, right..." Rachel sighs, as the two now begin the process of driving around looking for skittleheads.

---

They finally find Enlight waiting for them, to which Taylor cut the BS and goes straight to the point. "About this meeting. If you're trying to help us, what's in it for you?"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

Seeing that it was a ranking officer who was asking for custody of her, the MPs complied and released June to Morpheus as he requested after disarming her first.

"Be careful sir, she may try something again."

Across the hanger Lune looked on at the scene with interest. Although what Morpheus was doing didn't surprise her, the fact that a spy had gotten so deep, and so close to her in particular was disturbing. Glancing over toward the Valhalla at that moment, she saw her father exit the ship and walked quickly over to him and began explaining what had just happened before he came out.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

"No doubt."

With that, Morpheus put his hands behind his back again, took a step back, and nodded to June as Morpheus raised his hand and beckoned for June to walk forward.

"This way, please."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
The Big Zabowski

-Enlight-

"For me? Well, lets say that running never was the best decision. Unlike what some of your bar-mates believe, Major..

Why let something so..tantalizing slip from your grasp? Why not take the initiative? After all, the Federation is saving the world rather than letting it fall into the hands of some filthy off-worlders, correct?"

Enlight took a sip of her latte, seated in the atrium of the airport near a small coffee shop. If they'd paid any more close attention to the direction this conversation was going, it would seem as if some of the innovators..were starting another coup.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
SNT1

--Rachel and Taylor--

"I suppose that's one way of putting it," Taylor says as she raises an eyebrow. Though she likes the 'saving the world' part, she can't help but feet a bit miffed at the MS commander's rather cryptic choice of wording.

"But, yes, a GN drive on Federation hands would surely be beneficial in our future endeavors."

Rachel wasn't even looking, although she was listening in. The few bits of Enlight's message made her look up and gave her a quizzical look on her face. Taylor would notice this...

All right, what's going on here... Rachel thinks, although she's confused as to whether there's something fishy going on, or it's the alcohol (still in her system) playing her.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Nero

-June-

This time, she had no choice but to follow Morpheus. "Where are we going?" She was hoping they weren't going back to the Ceres for various reasons.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Wingnut

- Chris Talon -

Wandering into the next hanger now that his Huckebein was repaired, he saw the tail end of the incident with June and spotted Natala nearby watching the scene herself.

"Hey, did something happen here that I missed?"

- Bian and Lune -

Bian was less than pleased by the knowledge of the spy, but wasn't entirely surprised by it either. "I suspected that there was at least one Fandom spy in the organization, but I had hoped that they wouldn't be so close to the Gundam Team or you. But as you say, Morpheus seems to have the situation under control." he said as the two walked out of the hanger and back in the general direction of his main office.

"Yeah, I guess so." Lune said somewhat less than convinced as it was always hard to tell what the man had planned until he wanted you to know.

- Red Eagle, Hawaii base -

Charles closed the terminal on his desk after reading the latest orders that had come down from Raven Sterling herself.
The Anti-Gundam Team was changing its target for the time being. Although they could attack the DC Gundam team if the opportunity presented itself, their main target was now the GN drive equipped Federation warship that had bested Charles's own team at Wake Island, and was instrumental in saving the Taipei base from annihilation as well.

Going up against such an opponent, there would be no room for holding back as they were a very formidable foe. Although he had lost the black Gundam piloted by Lowind in the Wake battle, the addition of the Cattalia mobile armor would fill that spot nicely, and could prove key in attaining victory over their enemies.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.