Chapter 13: Rude Awakening (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

The two attacks meeting were an impressive sight as was the resolution. The fight was clearly over; the Island mostly wasted and the Fandom either disabled or retreating.

"I have to hand it too him Masaki has the worst sense of direction but the best sense of timing."

Gai looked over to see Jacob and Sara returning to the Valhalla and then to Tallis and Zaine; the latter having finally helped the former to recover. Even though the Group had managed to succeed in breaking the Wake Island Garrison; the loss of Mike left a sour taste in Gai's mouth. None the Less Gai broadcast on the public DC frequency, which he hoped Masaki would be listening to.

"Hello Masaki; Thanks for the assistance back there. Would you like to join us on the Valhalla?"

Wan Fey Lo/Icer

Icer had accepted the Offer to land on the submarine and lowered his machine and the Guren's cockpit block into the hanger. Wan as it turned out had been injured and knocked out when his cockpit was damaged. The injury was minor and Wan was awake again with the hour. Sitting in the bed a sling on his left arm he listened a clear irritation on his face as Icer recounted the events leading up to and following Wan's incapacitation.

"... We just received word that the Battle is over; it looks like the Gundam Team escaped but I'm afraid we don't have many details"

"That's more than enough; I'll read the full report later. Leave me."

"yes sir."

There was a stiff bitterness in the exchange Wan angry that Gai was still alive and Icer regretful over the loss of two of his team. Icer left leaving the Infirmary empty save Wan himself. Wan struck the wall behind him with his good fist.

"You come back from the dead just to get in my way; I won't be caught unprepared next time."

Snow

the other surviving Pilot from the Icer team, the youngest, had landed on one of Juuso's vessels in an empty spot that one of the destroyed Metal armors had been. It was to his horror that he learned the damaged Shen-hu he had brought with him didn't contain his superior as he had thought. He had made a mistake and at this point there was no way to correct it. He didn't bother to emerge from the Akatsuki as the gravity of his error 'crushed' him.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

(If there's a problem Gai, please PM me)
-Zaine-

He had already started on his way to the Valhalla carrying the battered Weissritter. Once he landed in the hangar, He placed the Weiss near it's berth before parking his Huckbein and climbing out. Once free of his mech, he hurried over to the black and silver unit to help it's pilot by opening the cockpit for her and offering a hand.
Nero

-Zero-

"All right, get us out of here and back to Hawaii, I have something to discuss with our guest." Zero commanded and the bridge crew began preparations for the return trip. The masked man soon entered the infirmary where Wan Fey Lo of the Anti Gundam Team was recuperating from his injury.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Wan, I've heard great things about you." Zero decided to try flattery to gain the attention of the AGT's knightmare ace whose name he learned through the rumors going around and official reports.

-Rena-

Rena slowly slipped back into unconsciousness, this time, she won't wake up for a few hours at best.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan's Irritated look turned to bemusement as a masked man entered. this one was rather more flamboyantly disguised than the Red Eagle.

"well then so we have another mystery man. So so do you have a name to go by?"

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had been through quite a lot in her first battle and utterly exhausted had fallen asleep upon landing. Zaine would find her in the cockpit looking rather peacefull.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Nero

-Zero-

"You can call me Zero." Was his reply. "I assume you had a run-in with a ghost, so to speak?" He was suspicious of the Black and Gold unit that appeared in the battle and decided to inquire about it.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"that is a good way to put it... A ghost that proved too solid for my own good"

Wan indicated his arm as he spoke.

"So would I be wrong in guessing that you haven't visited me here just as an act of kindness."

Nero

-Zero-

"Indeed, I have a ghost problem of my own that needs to be taken care of... And i'd like your help to ensure that it's a success... And maybe you can rid yourself of your ghost as well." He showed a report of his 'ghost', Zaine Kamiya...

"According to this report, Zaine Kamiya died in battle. Through channels I won't mention, I learned that this ghost is still among us and that he defected to the DC. Maybe we can work together and kill two birds with one stone." Under the mask, Zero was grinning.
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

Kayla couldn't believe her eyes as the Cybaster somehow managed to force its way through the Breaker Field. It then proceeded to sheer its way across the underside of the Cattleya, taking a good chunk of the mobile armor's body with it.

"B-Bakana...!"

There was a small explosion from the rear of the Cattleya as several of its rocket thrusters were blown to pieces. The mobile armor proceeded to nosedive deep into the water.

:: WARNING. Armor integrity reduced to 62%. Turret 4, offline. Engine out put at 75% and dropping. Total output has been reduced to 57% normal capacity--

Kayla let out a scream of anger and slammed her fist down onto the cockpit floor.

"How dare that bastard do this to my Cattleya...!" She seethed.

Her anger didn't seem to ebb at all as the mobile armor disappeared into the darkness of the ocean.

- Strike -

"That was intense..." Strike said, recalling the just-witnessed clash between the orange mobile armor and the Cybuster as touched back down onto the Valhalla.

"It was also close... far too close for my liking..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

Now it was Tallis' turn to make Zaine blush. Oh man... Against his better judgement, he climbed into the cockpit and got her out, figuring a bed would be a better place to sleep than the cockpit of a mech. Carrying her to the barracks, he found a bed and placed her in it, and quietly tucked her in before whispering words that would put a smile on her face if she were awake.

"You were wonderful, Tallis."

He then made a mental decision that surprised himself. If the captain will allow it, i'll stay aboard. I hope Commander Ryker won't hold it against me though... He left quietly to avoid disturbing Tallis and made his way to the bridge to discuss a matter with Captain Altair.

"Captain... Can we talk about something in private?" He didn't want what he was going to talk about to become known to anyone.

-Excalibur-

The fight being over, The ship soon departed for Taipei without incident.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan took the report with his good hand and skimmed quickly through it. It contained information up to and including that messy attack on Aidoneus when the pilot was reported KIA while fighting on the wrong side. Zero however had made personal addendums to the report listing Zaine as the Pilot of the Blue machine Wan had seen charging him after the other two.

"well, well it seems the Gundam team likes digging recruits out of the grave. I'll help you then; Did you have anything specific in mind?"

Nero

-Zero-

"Yes, I do. What would you say to a baited trap to lure both of them back to their graves?" Zero asked with an unusually evil tone in his voice. He did have a report on the bait too if need be.
Zangetsu

After excorting Lowind to the bridge and puting his two cents in Zangetsu had been hard at work in the Sonicscream's cockpit simulator training with the gunbarrels. No matter how hard he pushed himself he never seamed to make any progress with them.

"BLAST!" he yelled as he slamed his hand into the Sonicscream's chest as he exited the cocpit. "Why can't I get any better? WHY?!" his anger burning ficerly and unchecked.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

"That's what I thought."

Morpheus smiled faintly to himself at the sight of Rena going unconscious with an impeccable sense of timing as the Strike Noir and Unicorn Gundam kept moving with the Wing Gundam in tow, and soon the three Mobile Suits were out of sight and within Aidoneus proper.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

--Team Federation ver. Awesome--

"With all due respect, We'd like to tag along with you. I'd also like to formally introduce myself and my crew to your superiors once we get to Taipei as well."

"Very well," Taylor responds to the ship.

As the two others followed the Akatsuki, Taylor talks again on the radio to Ptolemy. "Answer me this. You're not from the Federation, are you?"

Of course, they also see the Excalibur on their sensors, an obvious Federation ship, heading for Taipei as well.

"We might as well call ourselves the Gundam Team," Slug says nonchalantly.

"Hah," echoes Rachel.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Lyon-

She decided to head to the Hangar to meet some of the pilots she'd be working with, and it seemed more crowded than usual because of a red gundam on board.

She strutted over to it to meet the pilot of this Cockroach-looking MS.

"Wow, I didn't think there were any other Gundams aboard aside from my own. I'm Lyon, and you are?" She asked the young man by said unit.
The Big Zabowski

-Ptolemy-

"Well, yes and no. You can run our ship through the databases on Taipei; but I will tell you now that you may be in for a surprise. Our registry: CBV-89 Ptolemaios XIII."

If Reese had been with the Federation during the Portal Incident, the name would immediately stand out to her, and draw great suspicion. After all, this WAS an Innovator ship, and if memory served her..was the single ship that was still unaccounted for from that mystery fleet.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"Hmm... bait eh? That pilot that charged me would be an ideal bait."

Wan had gotten a glimpse into Tallis' mind when she had attacked it was enough to know she had a strong connection to Gai and Zaine; their targets.

"It will require some time for preparations since my machine was destroyed but yes this could be done."

Altair

"I'm sorry Zaine I will be unable to leave the bridge for a while."

in the Bridge still stood Lowind, whom two guards had been called to watch, and Kitty, who still seemed rather upset about the day's events.

Silver Knights
-Avalon-
-Bridge-

Claus stood beside the captains chair as the Taipei base set below the hovering ship. they had received word that the rest of the task force had left to engage the Gundam Team.

"Looks like our new teammates aren't here to greet us. We've been tood up."

The ship began to lower to the designated landing spot a the Captain responded.

"They are on their way along with the Excalibur. I'm sure we'll meet them soon enough."

-Jennefer's quarters-

The two female pilots were embroiled in another Study Session of the Gundam Team data. the fourth of the trip. Even studious Clare seemed unusually dedicated to learning about the group.

"Clare what the deal? I know you want to win but this is the Eighth time we've gone over this?"

"these pilots are the most dangerous group we've ever faced we need to be extra careful about them."

She was hiding something; maybe Claus knew what this was all about. Jennefer made a note to ask him when she got a chance.

Omega

-Zaine-

"Oh... well thanks anyway..." He decided to leave the bridge with only a glance at Lowind and the two guards watching him. Feeling rather tired, he went back to the barracks and laid down in the bed across from Tallis and went to sleep himself, feeling a bit different than when he left to take part in the battle.

Maybe I'll figure out what that green energy was later...
Kylern

-Cassan-

The pilot of the Testament was about to head out when someone approached him from behind. He turned around to find a girl looking at his Gundam and asking him what his name was.

"I'm ensign Cassan Heron of the Divine Testament. I'm here on request of my higher ups to help with the crushing of enemy forces in the Pacific." He introduced himself and then looked up at the Divine Testament. "It is a rather bizzare looking gundam huh? I've been told it looks like a cockroach... which with the head gear and the pinchers I could see it. But I promise it will do the job and deal with the enemy nicely." He was proud of his unit and its many abilities to ruin an enemy pilots life. His favorite was grabbing the enemy and impaling it from behind with the hidden blade. Or making the unit initiating its own self-destruct sequence... but that was a bit more difficult since it tended to take to long.

-Kylern-

His body was lifted up on a stretcher and taken to somewhere they could do more work at. Time was limited and if they wanted to salvage the pilot then they had to get to work. There were machines, testing, and other things to get done.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Zero-

"Very well." Looks like he didn't need to show that other report after all.

"I'll leave you to rest then." He soon departed for the bridge and arrived when preparations were complete for the return trip. "It's time to head back..." Soon the ship made it's return trip to Hawaii.