Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

- Red Eagle -

"Hurry up and get that thing out of the water and at least inside the lagoon if there's no place on the ground for it." shouted the Red Eagle to what was left of the ground crews for the island.
A suitable transport craft for the orange mobile armor was still some distance away and the Red Eagle had orders to see to the safety of both pilot and craft until it arrived. Fortunately most of the Dragoon team had survived the last battle and were still around to provide security until help arrived.
Gorden had ordered the rest of the AGT to return to Hawaii at their own discretion as there wasn't anything for them to do right now that followed in the overall objective of the team.
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nero

-June-

She had started towards the Ceres after learning that she was being assigned as it's replacement mechanic for Ms. Tallis Stenner.

"Stupid idiot... mechanics live longer than pilots, what the hell was she thinking?"

She soon had the ship within sight and boarded. Guess i'll go present myself to the captain... She then made her way to the captain's quarters where Major Thomas Ryker would likely be waiting.

Once she found it, She knocked and asked, "Major Ryker, are you there?"
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Omega

-Luna-

Luna had proceeded to the Briefing Room to meet the other leaders. Once she arrived, she made herself comfortable as it looked like she was the only one there for now.

-Lyon-

Much to her dismay, Lyon had to cut her training short as she was ordered to go meet the other members of the groups alongside Commander Ramius. She arrived about half an hour later since she had to return her Gundam to the hangar, but once at the briefing room, she took a seat next to her commander.
Sume Gai

Claus Rissur

The Sliver Knight's Commander managed to get into the Debriefing as he had hoped the small room was a very standard affair a long table with chairs aligned on either side. with a place at the head for whoever was in charge.

He entered a little bit after the Excalibuur Captain and some time before the Lead pilot. he exuded an air of relaxation and calmness even as he quietly sat in a chair across from the two.

Hal/Jason

"Whew this one's so shiny Eh Jason? it's even shinier than that... what was it? ... Delta Gundam?"

The two would have had to be blind to miss the Golden Gundam. Hal didn't restrain himself from remarking at which Jason nodded Silently. Their next sight was the GP01

"This one seems fairly plain don't you thinK?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Cassan-

After inspecting his Testament the Ensign from the rather obscure tactics development division of the Federation mobile suit forces got the memo for a meeting. But he decided not to show up since he wasn't a ranking officer or that important to this situation. Instead he noticed a pair gawking over the Gundams in the hangar and creeped up on them to listen in. He guessed the Akatsuki was shiny looking to one of them and the GP01 was plain.

"So what makes you think a plain looking unit isn't impressive?" He asked with a rather unimpressed look on his face. He didn't care for those that judged back on looks... "Besides its meant to be a general purpose machine so of course its not going to have anything incredibly special about it besides performance." Yeap it wasn't his 'Cockroach' Gundam after all.

-DC Medical Wing-

Kylern laid there on the bed hooked up to life support as Goldsburg looked over him. Several machines were going behind him including the results of the MRI given just before Kylern had been brought here. Another machine was relaying data from the nodes attached to the pilots head and was reading electro-waves from the subjects brain.

"Well this sucks for you buddy..." No answer of course from Kylern who was in a coma right now. "You might as just well have stayed dead." Goldsburg stood over the bed and looked down at the young man who in his opinion didn't deserve this sort of fate. He turned to look at the computer screens and watched the progressive scans over the guys arrival and saw that things had not only gotten worse but deadly.

His cellphone then rang rather suddenly forcing Goldsburg to readjust his demeanor. "Sir we have something of interest. There is a strange energy reading from the TEMJIN and its systems have turned on. We are sending reading now." Goldsburg's phone then began to download the information wirelessly to the computer and his eyes widened. The wavelength looked so familiar that it was driving him crazy. Where had he seen this and why was the TEMJIN responding to something? Then it hit him as he turned to the comatose figure on the bed and he looked at the electro readings from the guys brain.

"The waves are the same..." He muttered hanging the phone up mid-conversation and staring at the figure. What the hell was going on with this guy? Was there some sort of connection between him and the machine that had been drug through the dimension gate with him?
Last edited by Kylern on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Hal/Jason

Hal turned to the person behind them clearly a pilot and greeted him with a smile and offered a hand shake.

"There's nothing wrong with being plain it's just more noticeable when you're sitting beside something like that." His free hand motioned to the Akatsuki "The Name's Hal Goodson and my vocally impaired buddy here is Jason Lancer." this time the free hand clapped the larger silent man on the back.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Oh, geez, where do I start...?" Strike moaned, combing his fingers through his messy hair. So many things had gone wrong during the operation, he didn't think he had enough fingers to count them all.

"Well, to start off... we lost contact with Mike once he'd gone down to meet the ship we were supposed to rendezvous with and... he never came back. Kitty was the only one we recovered afterward, and she only showed up minus her Lion, floating on top a Haro of all things.

Strike sighed again. "Everything pretty much went downhill from there.

"Once we got closer, our old friends the Anti-Gundam team were there to greet us at the door, and they certainly didn't help matters. After that, the Ptolemy appeared and started attacking just about everything in sight. They destroyed the Fandom base, but then they started attacking us. I honestly have no godly idea what that was all about, but if Kitty is to be believed... they killed Mike and tried to do the same to her before she escaped. They're not our allies at any rate, not by a long shot.

"But wait, it gets better. Wouldn't you know it, the Federation decided to stick their big noses into the fight and we ended up having to fight them off too. My Delta and Chris' Huckbein got trashed fighting this big fat-ass mobile suit--it looked like a Xeku that eats too many carbs--and most of the other machines aren't exactly in pristine condition anymore either.

"And then--you're not gonna believe this--you remember that Fandom officer, Kayla Ryder? The one whose supposed to be dead? She showed up too. Yeah, she's not dead anymore. To top it off, she's got herself this giant orange abomination of a mobile armor, complete with remote weapons and everything, and would have probably blasted us all to hell if Masaki and the Cybuster hadn't shown up to help us out.

Strike leaned back in the chair and started massaging his temples, the mere memory of it all being enough to give him a headache. "If TL;DR, that whole thing was way more trouble than it was worth. We lost a pilot, and made some new enemies too. A real crap-load of butt-hurt, and I'm just worn out because of it."

- Kayla -

Kayla sat in the dark for several minutes, absolutely silent. The alarms had since died down, but still she didn't move.

I can't believe it... even with this Cattleya and my new abilities I still wasn't able to beat them...

At long last, she stood and powered the systems again. The Cattleya could still move. The Gundams were gone and at the very least, she should get herself out of the water and land somewhere to repair.

The Tesla Drive revved once and the orange giant began its ascent. A minute had gone by before it finally broke the surface and rose up into the air.

Immediately, she detected the presence of Fandom forces still in the area, and her sensors identified several Dragoon units, as well as a Tallgeese emblazoned with a crimson paint scheme.

"Charles Gordon, the Red Eagle, I presume?" Kayla said, opening a COM channel to the unit. She was curious as to what they were still doing here with the base having been leveled to the ground.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Cassan-

He shook the man's hand and listened as this Hal figure introduced himself and his friend. Cassan eyed the bigger guy with suspicion and then decided to introduce himself after his hand was by his side again. "Ensign Cassan Heron of the Federation Special Tactics and Development Division and originally of the Counter-insurgency and Terrorism Division of the Lunar City Security Forces." He decided to give his entire line in order to stress his placement within Federation structure. He was a pretty diverse character with a background that might seem odd for this sort of placement.

"I'm the pilot of the RGX-00 Divine Testament and I will be assisting this battle group until otherwise noted." Yeap he was professional and a career officer. Nobody could say he didn't take his job seriously, maybe a little too seriously sometimes.
Sume Gai

Hal/Jason

"well, well aren't you formal than I guess I'd better amend my own introduction; Ensign Hal Goodson; 1st Tactical Knightmare Wing; Silver Knights and pilot of the Tristan." With this he gave Jason a nudge and likely to Cassan's surprise the larger man began to speak his gruff voice echoing slightly in the Hanger. "Ensign Jason Lancer; Same division; Pilot of the Mordred."

once that was over Hal focused his attention on the Gundam Cassan had indicated. "Not to be rude but I have to wonder where it got it's name; it doesn't seem to fit very well."

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao was happy with the fact he got some hits in the last battle and was feeling pretty awesome, Not any real signifigant hits orr any had been laid upon the Rouge so he was just sitting there.. With nothing to do. With such spare time he decided to think of what were some flaws in his team and his suit.

Hmm...maybe the Destiny silhouette is a bit too overwhelming for right now. Maybe it'd be best to stick to the Aile Pack and hone my skills with limited weaponry first...Yeah that'll work.. But for Tsuruya, Kyon, and Itsuki? the Falken hasn't seen any kills since we've been transferred from our asia base...but then maybe it's because of the enemies we're facing, not the machine we have now. So maybe, just maybe, I can see if I can pull some strings and request a new model for the Falken Brigade..

-A few minutes later-
"Alright, Thank you sir. They will be put to good use against the Gundam team." Mao gave a salute to the video phone in the wall and waited for the official to hang up.....
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Yes, come in."

- Wingnut -

It was almost a worst case scenario for what could have happened. Mike was killed, probably by the very people he was meeting with and they nearly got KITTAI as well. God only knew what they were planning to do with those GN drives now. It would be a disaster if they fell into the wrong hands.
The Fandom fielding a new unit wasn't too surprising as they considered taking out the Gundam Team a priority objective, but the real kicker was the news about Kayla Ryder.

Wingnut had been in the hanger of the Osprey both for when she was shot and killed by Sume Gai and when that unknown person made off with her body. If what Strike said was true, then a Fandom agent had taken her and somehow brought her back to life like some kind of mad science experiment.

Wingnut again sent thanks above for Masaki's intervention, but also knew that they could not afford to rely on that kind of luck all the time.

"I copy you, Strike. I'll see what I can do about getting back to help you guys out. Seeing as Hellbore came with me, I think they've got enough big sticks up here to take care of whatever they need to take care of.
I've just got to break this to Kyle first. I'll talk to you later." Wingnut finished as he hang up the channel and made his way to the bridge to inform Lt. Col. Lily about what he was going to do.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Cassan-

He shrugged his shoulders at the comment about the Gundam's name. "I didn't name him." Which basically said he didn't know. "But he does his job and delivers multiple ways to kill or disable the enemy without fuss." Wasn't that the truth... He could shut them down with a virus, crush them with the grappling claw, scewer them, blast them, or cut them in half. All of them did the job of destroying the foe.

"I hear you guys pilot Knightmare Frames... Aren't those typically Fandom units?" He already knew the answer and was rather ashamed that the Federation were using such pipsqueak units. It just seemed like a waste of resources and manpower...

-Kylern-

*Deep in Coma*

Waking up the world around him was blurry and dimly lit. He himself was floating there feeling disconnected. Where was he and why was everything so silent? Was he dead? He didn't think so unless this was Purgatory. Neah he was certain he was still alive and must be having a strange dream. So laying back in his own little dark world he tried to go back to sleep even as a strange pulsing wave rippled through the darkness. It was almost like a heart beating or water dripping... But it wasn't loud enough to reach him fully yet as he drifted back into the shadows of his mind.
Sume Gai

Hal/Jason

"To tell the truth KMFs were exclusively ours at one point but something happened and the Guren fell into enemy hands now it seems the Fandom has developed the technology from there. I wouldn't go knocking it till you try it these things are pretty nimble and pack a surprising punch. Heck I once saw the Boss slice a GN-X clean in two."

Lowind

-Lowind-

"I should say I decided to abandon the dark side of Fandom for the brilliant light and justice of DC, or more specifically, the Gundam Team, or whatever it is called now. But that would be pure hypocrisy, and so to sum it up I would say I decided that I am done with working for the Chew Toy faction. And so, here I am." Lowind said in his usual apathetic tone. "Judging by how you speak, I guess you overcome the die thing some time ago? Well the event is before I started getting... some background information (Hey, did he just make a wink at me?), so I guess I am a little behind the times."
Zangetsu

-Vallhala Brig-
Zangetsu awoke in a cold sweat on the floor. The thought of what Zaraki had done had plauged him during the night with nightmares. 'I have to do something about Zaraki, something that will work to quell his violent outburst against my friends.' He thought for a momment or two on how to solve this, when it hit him. "Excuse me gaurd?" he asked.

Then gaurd turned to the window in the cell door and looked in. "What do you want?"

"If I could request some parts be brought in to build a better pair of cuffs for me, hmm?" Zangetsu said.

"No way! You'll just build something to get yourself out of this cell." replied the Gaurd.

"No, I don't plan to do that at all. Instead I wish to keep a pair of cuffs on indefinitly but, in battle that could be a problem so I want to build a pair that can disengauge in combat upon activation from a remote source." explained Zangetsu.

"Ohh, well I don't suppose that would be too much a problem. I go fetch some parts for you to work with." the Guard said as he left.
Nero

-June-

"Yes, come in." Came from the other side of the door. June entered, her assignment papers ready.

"Hello, sir. I'm MCPO June Uzuki and i've been assigned here as a mechanic to make up for your 'loss' to the Valhalla." She then held out her papers indicating her post. If Ryker caught the way June said loss, it would indicate that she didn't expect Tallis to live very long.

-Rena-

She woke up in her dorm, her various injuries from Wing's cockpit blowing up in her face already patched up.

"Ow..." She rubbed her side slightly as she redressed and left to the abandoned part of the base Kylern had shown her, wanting to be alone.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Zangetsu

-Vallhala Brig-
The MP had taken no time in aquiring the parts needed. As soon as he had returned Zangetsu began construsting the cuffs.

-Ten minutes latter.-

"There....We.....Go." said Zangetsu has he clicked the cuffs into place. Okay now lets see if my new 'pet' is up yet." He then turned to what looked like birdy from gundam seed but, instead of yellow it had white and instead of green it had black. "So how are you today?"

"Fine....Fine" it replied.

"You need a name for yourself. How about the name Kayvan?" Zangetsu asked.

"Kayvan?......Kayvan?" it responded.

"Yes as your name. Does it suit you?" said Zangetsu.

"Sure thing......Sure Thing." Kayvan answered.

"Okay!" Zangetsu turned to the MP. "Hey could I go talk to the Captain about my stay here?"

"We'll can escort you to the Captain." he answered as he lead Zangetsu out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Vallhala Bridge-

The MP and Zangetsu entered with Kayvan perched on Zangetsu's shoulder.

"Captain what are we going to do with me?" Zangetsu asked.
Omega

-Luna & Lyon-

Lyon decided to introduce herself while waiting for some clue as to the assignment they were to be given. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. I'm Lyon, leader of the Excalibur Mobile Weapon team... And you are...?" Luna soon followed suit, "And I'm Luna Ramius, Commander of the Excalibur."

-Zaine-

he soon woke up, feeling kind of awkward since he didn't feel tired at all. Wow... Haven't slept that well in a while... His attention turned toward the bed Tallis slept in, and blushed at the comment that came out... "...All she needs are wings and a halo..."
Kylern

-Cassan-

He noticed the guy go defensive as if his honor had just been spit on. Cassan raised an eyebrow questionably. Were all the KMF boys this protective of their pipsqueak units? If so then it was rather embrassing especially when Cassan hadn't even said anything besides mentioning that they were mainstay in the Fandom military.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, nobodies critizising your units. I just said they were standard in the Fandom." These guys must have some inferiority complex or something... He didn't care what these things could do because in the end they were ants compared to his monster. His anti-armor claw was bigger than there units and if it could crush even Phase Shift armor then he was certain he could snap a GN-X or even this little things into dust.

"So anyone else notice the crew of this ship are green? I mean the head pilot and captain are younger than most of us." Not that green was a bad thing per say.

-Kylern-

After sleeping again his world lightened up slightly into what appeared to be a clear star dotted night. He shifted around in his floating space and after a yawn he realized he was still in the same place as before.

"What the hell? This is the strangest dream I've ever seen... At least have some scenery..." And almost at his words the world began to melt away into black as he seemed to be standing in a darkened hangar area. Before him stood a figure he had all but forgotten.

A pulse, or heartbeat, rippled out from the TEMJIN engulfing his position and radiating out. Kylern felt a warmth inside his body as a strange draw was coming from the machine. It had been the one calling him and he reached out to touch the metal in hopes that it was real and not just a dream.

-TEMJIN-

Subject found... Registering wavelength... M.S.B.S. activating...

Despite its still damaged body the TEMJIN activated as lights flashed on various parts of its armor. The V-Converter started to spin and the machine attempted to reach out to its biological counterpart but because of its damage the machine wasn't able to get up from its crouched position and instead toppled over onto its frontside.

Unable to establish connection... Shutting down... The systems powered down and the machine lay there unmoving again must to the shock of the crew working on it.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"Right and last time we let an enemy land on our ship... let's just say our Orange Zombie friend was the end result"

Claus Rissur

The two women across from him made their introductions to which Claus responded.

"And I'm Commander Claus Rissur Leader of the First tactical Knightmare Wing, Silver Knights, and Pilot of the Galahad. It's always nice to make the acquaintance of lovely women like yourselves."

Claus smiled a gentle and relaxed smile his head propped on his hands and his blue eyes hidden behind his eyelids. He seemed too relaxed to be an officer.

Altair

Altair was almost done with all the things this battle had brought up when another trouble entered the Bridge.

"ah.. Zangetsu, I think it would be best for all involved if you remain in the Brig. I doubt the Rest of the crew would feel comfortable with you running around"

Hal/Jason

"you didn't have to say anything your face said it all and you're wrong; The federation are the only ones who Mass Produced them."

it was easy to see the Pilot's typical pride in the guy, Pride in the Mech one pilots, nothing wrong there.

"Yeah I noticed but, hey, everyone's green a one point"

Tallis Stenner

Her eyes opened groggily, her memories were a bit muddled and she wan't sure where she was. 'was that whole thing a dream?' she at up and saw, to her surprise, Zaine staring at her.

"Wha... ZAINE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!!!!"