Chapter 12: Repair and Recovery (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Zaine-

He smiled at Tallis for choosing to become a pilot. "Glad to hear it, Tallis." Then, much as Zaine didn't expect it, he felt a mixture of happiness and sadness at Tallis' desicion. "...Whatever this next assignment is, I hope it's worthwhile..." He ignored the masked man as said individual quietly looked him over.
The Big Zabowski

-Michael-

"Thank you, Captain. I shall take you up on your offer for the majority of this voyage as it seems I will be without a mecha for the time being."

He looked about the bridge absently and if he could frown..he would have.

"It seems that the DC has begun to feel the pains of war in the worst form. I just hope that the men and women I can provide our cause will prove to be more than enough to begin writing a final chapter to this godforsaken war.

I know several of my people would agree."

When he said people, it was said not like a person referring to those under him, but rather a man talking about his family and countrymen. Indeed Michael felt that those in the Gundam team were the closest thing to family that he had..

KITAI then waltzed onto the bridge, decked out in a new fitted Divine Crusaders' officer's tunic and skirt. Much to Michael's shock, she had also decided to don a cadet's cap, even though she really held no rank as a default DC member..so to speak.

"Kitty..uh.. Reporting for duty, Captain!"

Michael turned and sulked his head with a slow shake of the head before looking up at Kitty, his face still shrouded.

"Well..what spurred on this change?"

"Those looks you were talking about.. Don't ask Ryker about it when we get back...please?"

Michael rested his head on an extended fist while his elbow rested on a small side-table that jutted from the console he had taken a seat nearby.

"Alright. Just be happy the good Doc didn't make you completely whole or we'd have a big mess on our hands."

"-_- Tell me about it.."

"I'll take your word on it, Kitty. So, ya know..since you're a full member of the DC, I think you should at least have a rank to follow that status; wouldn't you agree, sir?"

He looked over to the Captain, his single yellow eye glowing slightly from behind his hood. It showed no emotion or any form of reaction to his words or the Captain's reaction as he would respond.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Altair

"I wouldn't worry about the lack of crew here, Captain Radachi, the three of use can control the Ship's functions without much trouble."

the imposing man nodded at both Sylvia and the Console in with the Combat AI rested. Just then Kitty entered. the Doctor's work was quite realistic but it didn't phase Altair. In fact his lack of visible reaction cause the com officer to giggle to herself.

"yes I suppose so what about we give her the rank of..."

Altair pointed dramatically at the Spot where a rank badge would go.

"LIEUTENANT J.G.!"

Tallis Stenner

Tallis Entered the Cockpit to find everything one would expect including the operations manual. She sat in the Seat something about the machine felt right and comfortable. Then something Struck her the masked man she hadn't even asked his name; not that she, having seen enough Super robot anime, would expect a straight answer but something about the man had seemed familiar. She stood up and peered out the hatch to find the Masked man had vanished.

"who was he?"

Sume Gai

As Tallis made her way to the cockpit Gai turned and left seemingly unnoticed. He made his way to the bridge and upon entering found the Captain pointing at a woman he did recognize and a mechanical body that could only be Michael both of the visitors in the middle of reacting to Altair's declaration.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

-Michael and KITAI-

*Simultaneously* "wat." ._.?

Michael just facepalmed with a metallic clank, shaking his head. KITAI just did a facevault and ended up with her legs just sticking straight in the air. Both soon regained their composure and looked at each other for a long moment..before laughing nervously and widening their eyes as they rolled them and looked away as if saying nonverbally..

We're stuck with THIS guy?

Michael then dropped his arm from his chin, the sleeve of his cloak droping slightly to show the somewhat thin, skeletal structure of his arm. Realizing this, he quickly pulled it up before resting his arm on the console. KITAI, then walked over to her direct superior and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Might as well throw on your own uniform, too..sir."

Michael looked up, his eye glowing slightly from behind the shadowed visage behind his hood.

"If I'm going to continue serving under the DC flag..might as well look the part, Lieutenant."

He then turned to Cpt. Altair.

"Sir, permission to 'raid' the bursars office for a new uniform?"

He stood and tugged his hood off of his head, the shroud bunching at his shoulders and neck, creating a sort of collar around his head and covering the jawline of his head.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Altair/Sume Gai

Gai sighed upon realizing what had just happen though the only visual cue was the masked man looking down. Altair was completely unphased by the two's reaction.

"Certainly We should have something in your size."

realizing that he would be in the way Gai stepped silently aside.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

hellbore

-Valhalla hanger-
(OOC: Ugh, heart-attack levels of sweetness warning)
Standing off to the side watching the goings on between the other pilots about the black machines, Jacob and Sara stared rather impassively, but were rather shocked when Zaine actually hugged Tallis. Exchanging glances and rueful smiles. It was good to see that war couldn't extinguish scenes such as this.

-Sara-

Seeing Tallis climb into the sniper PT was another shock. The mechanic turned pilot, while not an unheard occurrence, was certainly rare enough. Knowing Tallis might need some support and seeing that her Personal Trooper was of similar design to hers, Sara climbed up the service gantry and looked in the cockpit.

"Uhh, Tallis was it, I don;t think we've been intoduced. My name is Sara Klein, I'm the pilot of the Wildfalken. I noticed that this PT was of a similar type, and I was wondering if you'd like any... ah, "she hestated for a moment, searching for the right words, "Help," she finished lamely.

((OOC: NB; Sara is still wearing the DFC suit))

-Jacob-

After seeing Sara up the gantry around the Weissritter, Jacob made his way to the bridge. Opening the door to the bridge, he was confornted with the terrifying visage of the android Radachi.

Letting out a "GAAHHH!" of surprise and recoiling in shock, Jacob fell against the wall of the corridor. Recovering and stepping around the robot and into the bridge, taking a breath to compose himself, he saluted and said,

"Captain Jacob Fakin, Divine Crusaders Reseach Division, reporting."

He surreptitiously glanced over his shoulder, to see if the creepy android was still there, and catching a glimpse of a masked man in black standing just to his right.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had certainly seen Sara around; someone in that get up was hard to miss. She returned the friendly greeting without hesitation.

"Oh Hi; nice to meet you Sara. I remember you; your mech is very similar to this one isn't it? Yes, if it wouldn't be much trouble, could you explain the flight system, it's not like the Flag?"

Altair

Captain Altair greeted the pilot with the same enthusiasm as he had greeted Micheal and the other pilots.

"Welcome Aboard the Valhalla Mr. Fakin."

The Big Zabowski

-Michael-

Again, not having a face was to Michael's detriment, as his expression would have been priceless at Jake's reaction to..well, him.

"x_.?"

"Nice to meet you too, I guess.."

He then looked over to Kitty who had taken a seat across the bridge and loosened her collar a bit, blaming it on "CPU overheat".. Yeah, sure.. Either way, the pair looked at each other before Michael 'rolled his eyes' and made a muttering comment as he approached the bridge hatch.

"Ya think there'd be enough captain's on this damned ship. Maybe I should apply for Rear Admiral Lower Half?"

KITAI was quick on the draw as usual..

"I doubt they'd give it to you seeing as you don't have a 'rear' and 'lower half' to speak of."

You could just hear the sizzle of the burn in the air. His one eye was glinting yellow as he stared KITAI down..'amine sparks' jutting from both their foreheads as he went at it - again.

"Ya know Kitty ... Joo zeem to havt zom undahlyink zexzual fuzthration, ja? Zomezing abut jur fazcination vit your faja's-"

"With that comment I'd say the same about you.."

.. Michael simply responded as he transformed his voice to that of Eric Cartman.

"Lame.."

He then nodded to the bridge..crew and Altair before departing the bridge to get his uniform and recharge his verbal sparring cannon for another round with Kitty later on.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

Zangetsu sat in the Sonicscream's cockpit with the hatch opened. Ever since they had put it on the Valhalla he had been inside training his newtype powers, trying to reach a new level. So far he didn't have much to show for it, he could feel almost every precence on the ship but, with no cl;arity as to who they were. When he tried to activate a third gunbarrel in the sims he couldn't control them very well. "Ohh, what am I to do with this thing." he said as he exiuted the cockpit and used the elivator to reach the floor of the hangar.
Omega

-Zaine-

He noticed a woman in a rather... unique outfit go and offer some help to Tallis as she adjusted to the Weissritter. Zaine figured he'd offer a hand as well, as he would feel rather sour if anything happened to her. "Hey Tallis, If you wanna get used to it, i'd be happy to be a moving target in a sim battle." He offered. honestly, he didn't really intend on fighting back, just to dodge and help her adapt to her new machine.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu walked over to where Zaine, Tallis, and some other woman were. "I wouldn't mind training against something other than Ais if you don't mind my joining in." He looked over the Weissritter. "This is a good mech Tallis it should serve you well in the battles to come. It also seams it partner unit the Alt Eisen is here as well, tch. This is an amazing coincidence that we should get both of these powerful units." Then he looked over to the woman. "Hello miss my name is Zangetsu."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"I don't even know if they have simulators on this ship and besides other than the flight system this thing is a lot like the Huckebein."

If she had stopped to think about it Tallis might have wondered why that was. Than Zangetsu approached. His revelation about the relation of the two units drew Tallis Attention to the large mech beside hers.

"Why is that one painted in..."

she had almost forgotten about offer of a practice partner. as Questions about all this suddenly filled her head.

"Who was he?"

Omega

-Zaine-

Zangetsu's remark drew Zaine's attention to the black and gold machine also. The pilot wears a mask... but why? what reason would he have for doing that? he doesn't have anything to hide, unless he's just covering a bad injury to his face. Zaine then pushed the idea out of his mind before turning to Tallis. "Well, I still want to help you adapt to it." If Zangetsu was getting involved, Zaine would have to fight them both.
Zangetsu

"Nice a three way battle that would be fun." Zangetsu said bringing a grin to his face.
"Who was he?"
"I don't know Tallis but, I can't really feel is mind. I know he has one but, he is blocking me somehow."
Sume Gai

(OOC: while a three way fight could be interesting... I think we've kept the Fandom waiting long enough; maybe later?)
Sume Gai

Indeed Zangetsu could detect Gai's presence, could tell that there was a mind there, however he found below the surface emotions a barrier that prevented him from reading anything deeper. Zangetsu however could tell that whoever he was was glad and at ease.

Tallis Stenner

"hmmm..."

Tallis was very uncertain about a three way fight. it could certainly test her but... could she Handle it?

"I don't know if they have Simulators on board why don't one of you go ask?"

Tallis intended to continue familiarizing herself with the Weiss' controls as long as she could whether or not they could have a such a fight.

Omega

-Zaine-

"I'll be back in a little bit, then." He left for the bridge to do just what Tallis had suggested. It didn't take as long, but something about the masked man bothered him. Once he arrived at the bridge, he asked the captain his question. "Excuse me, but are there simulators on board?"
Last edited by Omega on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

- Chris Talon -

Chris got a chuckle out of Jacob's reaction to Michael, even though his own first reaction was similar, but kept under control.

It was then that he noticed, and heard, what Michael and KITAI were saying to each other, and the tone in which they said it.

"Talk about your UST." God only knows what they'd be like if they were human.

- Wingnut -

It was a few hours later from when the pair had departed the Ceres and had now arrived at Aidoneus Island well ahead of the ship.
Wingnut transformed to MS mode and came in to land at one of the hangers where he parked the Wing Zero and began heading for Bian's office knowing that Hellbore was close enough behind that he would follow him up to meet the DC commander.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nero

-Rena-

"Dr. Bian... Is there something wrong?" She had all but forgotten Kylern's presence in the room. "I want to help end this war, so please allow me to fight under your flag..." She was being quite honest about it.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Altair

the Bridge was quite lively as Zaine entered adding himself to the mix. Altair turned and addressed the question.

"I'm afraid that even though we do have them they weren't ready when we had to launch it will be another day or two before they can be used."

Omega

-Zaine-

"I see... thank you." He politely bowed and turned to leave. After leaving the bridge, he chose to run the way back. He made it with little trouble (Though he had to dodge crew members here and there.) and came to a halt in front of the Weissritter before saying, "Sorry guys, The ship has simulators, they just aren't ready... It'll be a day or two."