TARRRPG Chapter 11: Hong Kong Blues (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

The pup wanted a saber duel; something Marcus wouldn't deny him. he moved sideways to avoid the slice.

"Fine then, come"

Marcus saw a flat topped tanker nearby it would suit his purposes perfectly; He jumped from the sled and landed on the large vessel. He thew the Bazooka, now mostly empty, aside and returned the Rifle to it's place. before drawing a saber.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

Zaine

Marcus had evaded Zaine's slash before heading towards and landing on a flat-topped tanker.

"Fine then, come."

After Marcus tossed away his Bazooka and drew a saber, Zaine followed him to the Tanker. "All right." He then charged The Alex, at halfway made a jump to help close the gap, and once in reach, brought his sword down on the gundam in an overhead strike.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

The pup charged and jumped; his saber going for the head.

"going for the kill?"

Marcus raised his own blade and blocked; then punched at the Mk II's exposed chest with the free arm.

"you'll need to do better than that."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

Zaine

"Going for the kill?" The Alex parried the slash then lashed out at the Huckbein's torso with it's free hand.

The Alex's punch sent him sprawling backwards a bit, but Zaine quickly recovered and took a defensive stance. "That's not all I've got... now what can you do?" Was his reply.
Wingnut

((6 beam barrel cannons? I'm going to assume that refers to the total number of beam guns on the Airmaster Burst.))

- Wingnut -

Zero quickly picked up on the hostile "vibes" from Rachel as a threat to itself and alerted Wingnut. He responded by evading the initial volley and moved to face his opponent. One newtype, and two bit MS. Wingnut kept the distance between the two as he focused more on evading the shots while staying in a position to intercept another attack from the Daughseat IIIs if he had to.

"Quite a random shot, isn't she?"

"She's trying to stop us from preventing her wing mates from attacking the Ceres."

"Let's allow her to think she is succeeding in that for a while."

Wingnut fired off a few shots in burst mode at his new attackers to keep up somewhat of a pretense of fighting back, when in fact he was only toying with her and in fact keeping her occupied and away from her own attack force where her absence would be a significant loss to her teammates.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

"so you want to end this quickly..."

The Alex drew it's second saber with it's free hand.

"I don't mind after all there are plenty more of you to kill!"

the Alex charged the tanker rocking to and fro as it did and slashed horizontally with the left hand's blade.

-Vincent teams 2 & 3-

as the two PT's began a volloy of attacks the KMFs started to weave through them as best they could. 3 of them escaped with no more than scorch marks from the beam attacks that came too close but the last one the one who's leg the Zero had removed caught a bean Straight in the head and triggered the Eject which was promptly eaten alive by the bullets and beams.

the remaining three opened fire with their assault rifles.

-Gareth 2-

seeing what looked like a struggling Wing Zero the second Gareth took it's chance and opened fire on the monster from behind with it's Hadron Machine Guns.

Omega

Zaine

Zaine parried the attack and while the blades were still locked, made an attempt to counter by trying to force the left hand Beam Saber away from his opponent and into the ocean. "Not bad..." Zaine commented, Staying ready in case the saber in the right hand came at him.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Marcus Pulled the Left saber back in order to keep it in his hand rather than letting the enemy force it away and slashed upwards at the Mk II's shoulder joint with the blade in his right.

"I've just started pup!"

Omega

Zaine

He boosted backwards to evade the attack aimed at his shoulder and then charged in aiming for a strike at the Alex's own shoulder. "Bring it!"
Sume Gai

Marxus Rosewater

Marcus raised his left blade to block the slash aimed at his shoulder then stabbed with the right saber at the enemies upper chest. Below the two the Tanker was rocking dangerously and the Crew was abandoning it from fear.

"Come on, Pup, give me a challenge before I kill you."

Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"So you want to play too?"

Seeing Rachel coming right at him, he decided to let the Gareth do some of the work for him and boosted above the Hadron machine gun fire, which now was headed right for the Airmaster Burst Custom.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

Zaine

"Come on, Pup, give me a challenge before I kill you." Marcus' words clearly caused Zaine to lose his focus...

but only for a moment.

He snapped out of it as he realized there was a beam saber coming at him. He then forced his opponent's left saber away and knocked the saber in the right hand away. Once open, Zaine immediately charged in, hellbent on driving his beam sword into the Alex's cockpit.
Last edited by Omega on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--
--Duskraiders--

As the enemy unit evades her attacks, she would have to dodge a few shots as well as some friendly fire. No big deal. Then she senses it, and later Slug reaffirms it, as he calls out, "Rachel, seems like the other units are tightening up and protecting girl-robot." The four Duskraiders, GW Bit and Slug has 1/2/3 triangle formation as they circle the Ceres in a huge perimeter like a vulture hunting down its prey. And soon, they're back up again as the ugly D3 found her way back to the main squad.

"Hmm, worth noting," Rachel replies, thinking, Yep, she'll be gravy. One of these days.... Meanwhile, the gundam she engaged didn't seem to eager to fight back with some lame return fire. "Gareths, take care of this Gundam. Duskraiders, await my command! I have an experiment to conduct."

Reckless as always, she goes for the obvious path---what else, bombard the girl-robot! She does a 180 and head straight back, picking up dangerous speed as she spam-fired her barrel cannons right into the Valsione. Rachel had the Zero on lock, however, and she would move out whenever hat clunky gun decides to fire behind her. "Woo!!!"

"Uhm... suicide much?" Slug comments, readying to call the attack on the units surrounding the girl-robot, presumably to provide Rachel some cover when she goes gung-ho into the enemy's comfortable range.

Rachel's Newtype brainwaves as she intently focuses to see if this girl-robot is some top priority unit... and to plan her actual move, while she transforms into suit mode again and readies dual beam sabers, something she's never done before in real combat; she seems to be ready for another slice-fest... with the Valsione? With bodyguards surrounding it! Sure seems that way!

"All right... Duskraiders... move in girl-robot's spot, but no further action until I say so! Just dodge from their incoming attacks!" With that said, the Light Warriors would seem to get ambushed on both sides...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strike Zero

- Berith and Elya -

The barrage on the Ceres seemed to be going well—they even managed to shoot down one of the Gundams in the process, and the communication from a person bearing a voice that most certainly belonged to Black Mage made the sight of the Gundam Astray Blue Frame erupting into flames all the more satisfying. The man, lucky for him, would live to fight another day. For now, however, he was out of the fight.

It was at that moment while Berith was savoring the small victory that his targeting indicator indicated a threat from above. He looked up and managed to catch a glimpse of a flow of golden GN-Particles before they were subject to a hail of beam fire, with no time to dodge or evade.

"Defenses up!" Berith roared, raising his Gyan Kai's massive iron shield to defend. The surrounding GN-X IIs did likewise with their GN Defense rods. One wasn't quick enough, and a golden beam severed its left arm before the shield could be activated. The rest, however, blocked any of the remaining shots that were sent their way successfully. One beam glanced off Berith's shield, and the force of the impact was incredible, so much so that it actually managed to drive his mobile suit back several feet. Once the barrage had concluded, he lowered his shield once more and searched for the enemy mobile suit, but it had already gone.

Who could that have been I wonder…? He hadn't come from the Ceres, else they would have seen him coming. Perhaps it was a Federation unit?

Or… those golden particles… could it be…?

"Commander!" came a communication from one of the GN-X IIs. "I am detecting several mobile suits inbound from the opposite side of the harbor. They are most likely part of the local defense force."

"So, they've decided to respond, have they?" Berith murmured. His own sensors had now too picked up on the approach of the six units—Enact types if he wasn't mistaken. Though the aging mobile weapons would be easy pickings for the GN-X squadron, it would be unwise for them to disengage from the Ceres to take them on, lest they take too much time and allow the ship to get away. The Hong Kong defense force wasn't on their list of primary targets anyway.

He was also aware that the Ceres would be pulling out from port any minute now. Not only that, but the Federation forces had arrived on the scene and had managed to throw the Ceres' own squadrons into disarray. It was now be acceptable for them to move from this position and engage the enemy ship directly. With a sweep of the Gyan Kai's sword, Berith ordered the troops forward. "All units! Move to engage the Gundam Team's ship!"

"Alright!" Elya piped over the COM. "Let's DO this!".

The eleven-unit squadron moved forward and advanced upon the massive Minerva class, avoiding the oncoming Hong Kong Enact squadron entirely, leaving a flowing trail of crimson GN-Particles in their wake….only to be greeting by a spurt of beam fire from the direction of the Ceres. The mobile suits darted around the shots and Berith scanned to see who was firing upon them. What he found was a gold-plated fighter-type unit barreling at them at full speed from high in the air.

"You are not going anywhere!" came the voice of Strike Zero.

- Strike –

In hindsight, rushing at a formation of eleven units all by himself probably wasn't the best idea. But, he went ahead and did it anyway. He snap-rolled the Delta Gundam once and transformed into mobile suit mode, brandishing his beam rifle and sending several more shots at the GN-X IIs, as well as the Gyank Kai and Fairlion. They Fandom units, however, neatly avoided them.

"Unfortunatly," came Berith's staunch reply, "We do not have time to play with you at the moment." The Gyan kai waved its sword once and pointed it at the Delta Gundam. Subsequently, three GN-X IIs broke off from the formation and moved to engage the golden mobile suit.

"Hmph... I suppose that I'll just deal with these guys and then—HEY!"

As the trio of GN-X IIs rushed in, lances poised to impale the Delta Gundam, the remainder of the Fandom squadron rushed right under him, aiming to strike directly at the Ceres. Strike could do nothing to pursue, however, as he was forced to raise his shield to block against the lead GN-X II's lance. The tip of the weapon glanced off the shield to the left while Strike rolled right and fired his beam rifle. The shot was accurate this time—it pierced the GN-X II at the shoulder and relieved of its lance-arm. Its pilot was quick to react, however. It used its remaining arm to draw a beam saber and whirled the weapon at the Delta Gundam in a deadly arc. Strike flipped over the slash to avoid, but then found himself under fire from the other two GN-X units. They had positioned themselves above and were raining a heavy barrage of beam fire down upon him.

As he weaved around the beams and returned fire, he realized that he was going to be held up here for a while. He glanced back at the Ceres. I hope you guys can hold the rest of them….

- Berith and Elya –

"It is time. Begin formation alpha-two."

The Ceres was almost out to open water at this point, but its defense force was scattered, engaging various Federation units all across the harbor. There was nobody left to stop them as they made their rush on the ship's tail.

Conventional strategy would call for Berith and Elya moving in on their own while the GN-X IIs provided them with covering fire. Such a maneuver would be an adequate combination of close and long-range capabilities. However, the attack pattern that Berith had devised called for something radically different.

The GN-X IIs put out an extra burst of speed and moved ahead of the Gyan Kai and Fairlion. From there, they positioned themselves in such a formation that they formed what was essentially a large mobile suit phalanx. From this position, the GN-X formation itself would act as a shield for the Dark Star Knights as they made their run on the ship. Any AA fire would be intercepted before it could strike Berith or Elya, and any units that did move to thwart their attack would simply be cut down

While activating their GN Defense rods, all six of the GN-Xs opened fire with their GN Lances, concentrating their fire on the Minerva's engines. If the ship could be slowed down, it would make it that much easier for the squadron to do its job.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
The Big Zabowski

-Bawoo K-

Smoke continued to bellow out of the hangar bay as the ventilation systems did their job. The suit, it's armor warped, and shredded, lay sprawled out on the hangar floor. It's left arm was gone at the shoulder, as well as half of the chest. The head was gone, as were the left leg at the knee, and the right leg at the hip. The binders were a mess, the left binder almost totally blown away while the right binder was more or less bent into a pretzel. Luckily for everyone, none of the GN missiles had gone off due to their deactivated state. The two that were on the left binder lay scattered across the deck, as well as one from the right binder. The hangar was littered with other various pieces of the Bawoo as it laid on the launch deck, the last wisps of smoke dying away.

As the crews approached the suit, they'd be taken aback by the sudden flinching of the right hand, as the limb began to pull the suit further into the hangar and off of the landing deck. It would use the last of it's energy to finally pull it toward the first docking rack before the arm landed with a clattering thud on the hangar floor. The crews had no other choice but to now roll the suit over onto it's back, a weapons team already at work cleaning up the GN missiles and removing the last two still mounted on the right binder. An overhead lift ran lift lines down to the hangar floor, and with some quick acting, the crews began to lift the suit onto the docking rack.

But when they finally had it latched and locked, they'd find the cockpit door crushed. Thankfully the pod was still intact, so with a quick release command to override the main computer, they released the lower half of the suit from the upper half, and extracted the scarred, dented, and burnt cockpit pod from the suit. They then popped the hatch and began to extract the captain from his suit. They also removed the hard drive and CPU from the suit and rushed Michael to sickbay, the CPU/HD to Tallis' machine shop for data analysis and recovery..

What remained on the rack was a bisected, beaten, and broken shell of a mobile suit; looking almost crucified on that rack..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Marcus was impressed, this enemy had some nerve after all. Zaine would find his saber sticking through the gray plate which had previously been attached to the chest. Marcus had ejected the Full Armor parts to escape the thrust the remaining parts scattering across the deck crushing several slow sailors.

"well then lets end this boy"

Marcus Raised the left saber and charged a powerfull and quick thrust straight at the Mk II's reactor.

Omega

Zaine

"Very well." Zaine tossed the plate of armor aside before dodging the Beam Saber attack by Marcus and Swinging his sword in a downward slash, aiming to cut the unit in two.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Marcus didn't have enough time to fully evade the attack but he was able to move far enough right the Zaine's attack only managed to cut through his left arm. Marcus quickly followed this with a powerful horizontal slash with the right saber aimed straight at the Mk II's upper chest.

all this was happening in an instant; the world around the two moved at a crawl.

Omega

Zaine

Zaine blocked the slash and firing his boosters at max, he forced the right saber away and moved in for the kill.

"This ends NOW!" in one quick motion, He charged with his saber, intent on finishing this fight by piercing the reactor of the Alex.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Marcus Angry over his lost arm didn't think about dodging; he could only think about killing. He dashed at Zaine his saber held up to strike the reactor of the Mk II but Zaine's own blade deflected it towards the Mk II's head. Zaine's blade would destroy the Alex but he would lose his head as a price for the charge.