TARRRPG Chapter 11: Hong Kong Blues (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis watched as Zaine returned the puppy to it's owner and when he returned she spoke up

"You're such a nice person Zaine. Hey! how bout we get some lunch?"

She indicated a small cafe a block over that had a good view of the harbor.

"My treat"

Alex Bloke

Kylern had found him easily enough as he stored his own weapon and began the return trip to Bian's office; something was off about the pilot; his eyes were different.

"Correct His speed matched my own as did most of his physical abilities. Thank you for sending me the data. Have you been injured? your eyes seem odd."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

"All right..." Zaine said before following Tallis into the cafe. he noticed the good view and took it in before turning back to Tallis. Deciding on a conversation topic, Zaine asked her something. "What do you do in your spare time?"
Last edited by Omega on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

"Nothing is wrong with me." Kylern closed his eyes and exhaled just to open them normal again. His mobile terminal was reading a drop in brain wave activity and adrenaline showing that he was back to normal. "I was just in the zone for awhile." He started to laugh confusing Natalia once again.

She just stared at him trying to figure out why the air seemed to change almost instantly. It was like she had just dealt with two different people and the demon eyed one she was confident had been the one that had defeated her. This guy right now wouldn't had been very much of a challenge but why was that?

"So how many have died and is the boss alright?" Kylern had to ask since that was the main concern at the moment. Wraith? Kylern was already getting fuzzy on the guys name as the effects seemed to be wearing off leaving this slightly blank time space. He knew what had happened but details weren't clear.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"well since... recently... I've been practicing in the simulators during most of my spare time."

the hesitance around the word 'recently' told that she still hadn't gotten over Gai.

"before that I would usually just work on mechs. Before the war I could only dream of Mechs like we have today. Before then I lived with my parents in Pennsylvania."

As their drinks arrived Tallis decided to ask her own question.

"so Zaine where did you come from and why was someone like you with the Fandom?"

Alex Bloke

"Bian is, as far as I am aware, fine as the intruder never reached him. I cannot be sure but I believe we've lost around 15 men."

Alex was continuing the slow trip to Bian's office. Groups were staring to clean up the bodies left in Wraith's wake.

"You seemed to know that Intruder, did you?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

"...My reasons for being in the Fandom... My dad had a very bad habit of bossing me around, and it got worse after mother died. So one of my reasons for joining the Fandom was to get away from him. The other... Please don't laugh at this... Was simply because I wanted to see what all Earth had to offer." Zaine said. "... Gai's death is still bugging you isn't it?"
Kylern

"Well thats difficult to say." Even now details were sort of out of reach. He did know that the guy was dangerous and a Dark Star Knight but at this moment he couldn't tell much else. Moments ago he would have told you all of the tricks the guy used in the Lunar Corp duel but right now that was beyond him.

"I know he is a Dark Star Knight and the Fandom leader's personal assassin. I think he pilots a Mirage Colloid use Huckebin..." Kylern was scratching his head trying to think his way through things. Those previous memories were not his own but Kyle's so he was having a hard time remembering everything since it was just flashes during those moments.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex had only recently learned of Mirage Colloid but the data he had did explain how an enemy had gotten so close to the base unseen. Dark Star Knights data was also there though a lot of it was out of date and neither Raven nor Wraith was listed.

"thank you Kylern your Information should prove helpful."

It was getting later and they neared the place where, earlier, Wraith's smoke blocked the path. Thanks to ventilation systems the area was now clear.

Tallis Stenner

As Zaine mentioned Gai Tallis lowered her glass to the table and looking somewhat serious said

"I'd rather we not talk about it; I'd hate to ruin a wonderful day dwelling on it."

She smiled again, slightly forced but still a good-natured one. Tallis decided to steer the conversion back to the previous topic.

"I know what you mean bout an overbearing father. My dad wasn't too happy when I told him I wanted to join the military for the mechs. There's also nothing wrong with wanting to see the world I have to say we've done a fair bit of that since I joined the gundam team."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Omega

-Zaine-

"My apologies..." Quickly regretting the question, Zaine was grateful for the return to their previous topic. "Well, Truth be told, I've only been on Earth since I dropped in on a storm." Zaine said, a little embarrased.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Oh yes I heard about that. you were so confused you attacked your own side."

Tallis couldn't help but giggle at that

"So where did you live before the war? I think I already told you that I lived on my parents' estate."

Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine's thoughts returned to the Z'Gok he shot down, and Tallis giggling only made him feel worse. He quickly recovered and answered her question. "Well, In a sense, I was like you. but the difference was that I was in a Lunar City that belonged to the Fandom." Zaine said then added,"Well, before that I don't really remember much aside from the fact that I was in a Colony."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"You're lucky, I've never been into space and to be honest I have wanted to go for a long time."

Their entries arrived and both of them dug in enjoying the local food. When their plates were empty and the bill had been paid, The two pre pared to leave.

"So where to next?"

???

now that the danger seemed to have passed the man in Black and gold Armor hoped to speak with Dr. Zoldark. He waited hopefully out side the office door.

Kylern

-Pacific Ocean-

Laughter filled the cockpit of the newly knighted Dark Star who called himself the Steel Dragon. This laughter was over a Fandom conversation channel and it sounded like a young man.

"So this is the power of Raven's newest lackey!" The voice crackled as the word -LOSER- scrolled along the written message part of the communication's system in Bakayua's cockpit. "You don't deserve the title Dark Star Knight after such a pathetic performance of skill and intelligence. Only an idiot charges such a large Federation force on their own."

The voice continued as the mobile suit it was coming from sat above and behind the other Advance GN-X. This other model was a darker blue with a black scar going down the face. It was wielding not the GN Lance, because it was sitting on a rear waist latch but the beam rifle part of the Proto-lance and the standard advance beam rifle in the other hand. Both rifles were aimed down at the other unit since this fellow hadn't figured out who or what was targeting him except that it was an obnoxious Fandom unit.

Nowe had finally decided to show his face and to start his rein of terror he decided to play with the new elite pilot of Fandom. Too bad for the Steel Dragon that the damaged Advance wasn't escaping until the sadistic young pilot had its fun.

-Kylern-

"No problem Alex. Just glad Bian is safe though I would feel better if that guy had been captured." Kylern replied as they were about to get close to the office of Bian.

Natalia remained silent still trying to make out everything that had happened. Maybe she had imagined all of that after a few too many drinks... wait she never got a buzz just from two beers.
Sume Gai

???

The man in Blaclk and Gold entered Bian's office. Bian was apparently unphased by the recent attempt on his life.

"Hello Dr. Zoldark; I've been hoping to meet with you."

The man behind the desk had a regal air and certainly a great deal of charisma.

"First can you tell me about the Ceres? How has it fared?"

Wingnut

- Bian Zoldark -

"Indeed?" Bian stood as he stood looked over the man in the black armor before him.
"I would like to know who I am speaking to before I give out information on that ship first however."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

???

"and here I thought you were the kind of man who knew about everything that went on under you?"

The man in Black and Gold sighed.

"I'm afraid I'm not sure of the whole story myself. One moment I rememer a lot of water and a green flash. The next I'm here with several scientists swarming over me. One of them had enough time to tell me the gist of what had been done to save me. Then the alarm went off and I came here to find Alex fighting some man in armor."

the Man in Black and Gold armor

"as for my name; I am Gai, Sume Gai but I prefer NightChaser."

Kylern

-Kylern-

"So they revived you in that get up?" Kylern walked in with his hands in his pockets and a grin on his face. This betrayed the fact he wasn't happy Wraith got away again but over all he was still in a pretty good mood. "I think the scientists here are slowly losing their minds if you ask me." It was a smart ass comment but he couldn't help it.

Instead he decided to give his own report before Alex could. "The enemy has escaped in a Mirage Colloid use Huckebien Sir. I suggest we put up a defense grid for detecting those things cause too many people are sneaking in using them." He offered his own advice thinking of Gundam SEED Destiny now. They had tracked the Girty Lu if he wasn't mistaken so why couldn't someone track things in this universe?"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Turning to look at Kyle and Alex, Gai smiled and raised the G-Stone on his left arm.

"Sanity is rather rare among geniuses. So tell me Kylern do you know what's happening with the Ceres?"

Kylern

"Why would I know? I've been here the whole time." He shrugged his shoulders honestly not caring what happened to them. They didn't need his help or even cared for it so let them do what they wanted.

"Last time I heard they headed for China. Maybe if you headed for Hong Kong or something you'll meet them. Then if its anything like Gundam Zeta they'll be attacked by a massive mobile weapon piloted by a crazed artificial newtype or something." Once again he was attempting to comically prophesis what might happen in this universe's bizarre plot line. But then again it wouldn't phase him to hear that this very thing happened either.

In the background Natalia continued to watch and taking note of Kylern's seemingly disinterest in this Gai fellow. It was almost a sense of dislike but it was different. Maybe Kylern's attitude towards Gai was affected not by his own feelings but something similar to that strange demon eyed mode. This all confused her so that meant staying out and just watching.
Wingnut

- Bian -

"I wanted to make sure that you knew who you were, Gai. I've seen people go through similar near death experiences and come through it a almost totally different person." Bian said with a small smile.

"Thank you for the report, Kylern. We will indeed have to devise a method of detecting a suit using that system. And the Ceres is indeed in Hong Kong by now, and they already were attacked by a massive mobile weapon that likely was piloted by a newtype not long ago."
Bian picked up a file off his desk and handed it to Kylern. "This just came in from Commander Ryker and concerns the outcome of their latest mission, which I'm sorry to say was a failure."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kylern-

His eye brow cocked as he heard Bian speak and tell them something did indeed did happen and the Cere was in Hong Kong as he had guessed. "Score one for my talent at Divination." An ill attempt at a joke which he wasn't exactly happy to make.

-Natalia-

"How does he keep guessing these things?" First he tells me someone is out to get Bian as a joke and it happens and then he guesses the Gundam team was in Hong Kong and something about a massive mobile weapon. She sigh angrily at the lack of importance in this group.

-Kylern-

He had taken the report and started to look it over. It was indeed a failure and a lot of people died in the process. He handed the report to Gai since these were his guys. "So anything you need from us before we return to training?" He asked after handing off the report and placing his hands back in his pockets.