TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Gold Monster (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Kirie's attack was not unforeseen as Kirie performed his first Strike Marcus moved right and tried to block with his shield which was promptly ruined by the Katana thankfully the angle meant the blade missed his arm by centimeters. Marcus was, with help from his Newtyoe intuition, able to boost over the second strike and them fire off another burst from his Beam rifle at the Red Frame's back.

"that's quite a nice sword you've got there. When I kill you I think I'll keep it"

Marcus followed his statement by drawing a Beam saber in the now free hand.

-Vincents-

The Vincents broke off their charge as the Bio rained down several shots from his beam weapons. But they weren't done yet. they fired off their grenade launchers once at the newcomer. Then returned to firing on the Zaku with their machinguns. All the while flitting to and fro on their Land spinners.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Ruka-

Ruka screamed before impulsively blocking the new machine's attack. She opened fire with her beam rifle after replacing the Beam Sword. "If this keeps up, I'll..."

-Zaine-

Zaine heard the scream and recognized it as Ruka's voice. "Ruka?" He immediately asked before turning to the Ceres "Commander, Launch the G-Impact Cannon. Something just gave me an excuse to test it out." Zaine said over the com.
Volnixshin

Bio tore open Ottos cockpit.
"Get in my hand!"
"WHAT?!"
"Just do it you idiot!"
Otto quickly jumped out of his seat and into Bio's opened hand. Bio flexed and his stomach opened to reveal he actually had a pilot seat, although there were no controls. Otto hopped in and Bio closed it up. Otto strapped in and prepared for a very bumpy ride.
Bio blocked the shots with the smasher sheild on his right arm, and shot full force at the Dagger L, running up at it, while grabbing his shield, and the heatsword fromthe Zaku's dead hand. Bio charged the Dagger L, coming with mere feet on the machine.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
SNT1

--Rachel--

The arrival of the new enemy mecha prompts Rachel to shift her focus.

"Evasive action, go! Leave the offense to me." Rachel tells Ruka in a commanding fashion. "Picking on rookies? How low," Rachel snidely comments as she focuses on the destruction of the newcomer, attempting to avoid any incoming fire on all her four Airmasters. With Ruka effectively playing the 'tank' in this little game, Rachel unloads all her offenses on the Bio Gundam, seeing that the Vincents had the Zaku covered. Again, eight rifle shots, from above, in different directions. From the top, the back, the right side, and the front.

--Slug--

He wasn't too surprised---but he saw a Federation engaged on a DC unit. "MEH," he sighs a bit too loud. A whole can o' worms here.
Last edited by SNT1 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

"U-understood Commander..." She raised her shield to block any oncoming attacks from the new machine. Please... someone help...
Volnixshin

Bio fired into the air, shots spreading out in front of him. He slid back and forth, things were still moving quite slowly so at this point bullets were really easy to dodge. He moved up and saw what was firing at him. Bio tore into the sky, he had to find an area he could keep Otto until Bio could finish this. He boosted out of the battlefield, throwing behind him six flash pumpkins and boosted away momentarily.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Omega

-Zaine-

"Scratch that, the excuse just left the battlefield." Zaine said. He returned to the usual defending against enemy attacks.

-Ruka-

She let out a sigh of relief as the machine left the battlefield. "Um... Commander? I think i'll need a place to land soon. My Dagger's almost out of power." She checked the gauge. "18% left, to be accurate." She said.
SNT1

--Rachel--

She didn't know what it was, so when the flash bombs drop she evaded her bits and her unit, although the momentary blindness had the Bio escaping. Minor victory, for now. Two of the bits were quick to stand by behind Ruka, with Rachel ready on the trigger to attack anyone who dared.

Upon hearing Ruka's problem, Rachel says, "then Land. So far we're clearing the Fandom right in the middle. Hopefully the rebels here can give you aid, but I wouldn't count on it." Stupid battery operated units.

--Slug--

On the other hand, Slug, along with the ZetaPlus A1's were having minimal trouble disposing of the BuCUEs from the ground. While their evasion is good, air superiority trumps it.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

Ruka did as told before noticing the ship I can recharge my battery there... I hope. She focused as much remaing power as possible into getting to the ship. Her Dagger almost made it, but the Battery gave out and she tumbled toward the ground. She couldn't do anything...

-Zaine-

Zaine noticed the Dagger head towards the ship then fall towards the ground. On an impulse, he shot towards it and caught it before it could hit the ground. "Are you all right?" Zaine asked, but didn't get a response. Um... Oh... He noticed the damaged leg. "Commander, What do i do with this Dagger?" Zaine asked.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

The Bio had made a critical error in returning to the air as it did not notice the Wing Zero was still around and as such it never saw the swing that cleaved the organic machine in two vertically killing it instantly and most likely Otto along with it.

- Ryker -

"Just leave it on the ground for now, Zaine. The Federation will take care of the pilot."

- Roberto -

The Fandom forces were being beaten back by the combined forces of the rebels, Federation, and DC. However they would soon face something that they could not prepare for.

A trailer not far from the battlefield opened and revealed a large gold colored metal armor. It rose up and stood erect, eyes flashing as it did so.

It's newtype pilot fully connected to the interface and sent the machine into the air toward the enemy forces with deadly intent.
Last edited by Wingnut on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Kirie-

"Dream on," Kirie grinned.

The smooth spin of the Astray Red Frame, hovering above the ground, caused it to smoothly turn around to face Marcus' unit quickly enough to catch the shot initially meant for the Astray Red Frame's back. Kirie brought the Gerbera Straight up defensively just in time, feeling the unit jar and slide backwards with the force of the blow. The Astray Red Frame burst forward again, though, sliding left and feinting back towards the right, spinning Gerbera Straight with smooth cuts at the enemy's weapons.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Omega

-Zaine-

"Understood." Zaine said as he gently landed and placed the Dagger on the ground near the Airmasters. He went back up towards the Ceres when long-range scanners revealed a machine coming online in an open trailer. "What the hell...?" Zaine asked.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu felt a new newtype on the battlefield and flew towards it. "So who are you he said as the Gundam Sonicscream floated above the large gold mech? What purpose have you been given? Ohh why even ask you'll be dead in a few minutes." he said as he opened fire with his Burst Railgun at the monster.
Kylern

-DC Research and Development-

The slightly mad doctor/scientist in charge of Kylern looked upon his test subject. Kylern had came here wanting help once again and the data from the previous battle were displayed on a screen. The doctor looked it over rather unimpressed.

"Your sadden me... We upgraded your unit and you still perform poorly. Actually it seems to me your getting progressively more incompetent..." This didn't help Kylern's already shot confidence and instead made him slip a bit down in further depression. "Your brain waves seem to get more erratic every time you enter this so called "Trance" mode. So I've come to the conclusion that if you continue using it, you'll eventually shatter your conscience and become a vegetable." That was speaking rather blunt wasn't it?

Kylern gave a sigh as the doctor started to mess with the keyboard on his computer terminal. "So whats next? I can't control it and it happens whenever I'm pressed by a odds I can't normally win against." That was code word for ever battle... He was probably the only pilot out there that had to rely on unnatural skills and buffs to even survive.

"Well I figured we could attempt to suppress your brain waves even more but that never seems to stop since you just unleash more energy with each Trance. I figure these limiters are the reason you try to use more and more energy per battle. And since your not adapting fast enough its killing you." Kylern had figured as much himself... but wasn't killing him a little much. Yeah he felt pretty sick after each time but it was getting easier and easier to snap back out. Wasn't that adaptation? The doctor brought up a series of brain scans on the computer screen. And the something seemed off with each progressive image...

"I'm impressed you've figured it out. This dark image that grows slightly each image is a region of brain space that is unresponsive. These psychic attacks are short circuiting your synapses a little at a time. Good for you this is the region of the brain thats unused as well as theorized controls Newtype abilities. But there is no telling whether the damage could spread to other areas." This all made Kylern's head ache... To think areas of his brain were dying off was disheartening to say the least. And why was this happening to him only? Was his entrance to this world that failed?

"So why is this only me that this is happening to?" He had to ask and the doctor just gave a sigh and switched screens.

"Maybe it is and maybe its not. But I think its mostly to do with the nature of your arrival and the fact your connected other beings here that already possess Newtype powers. Your probably forcibly using something your not compatible with. Sort of like forcing a lower energy use device into something that supplies to much power. Sooner or later the device will burn out." Kylern absorbed all this unable to come to a conclusion about what he needed to do next. Maybe he just needed to quit piloting the TEMJIN and go home before he did have to face the music.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike Zero

"Wow. They're really going at it aren't they?"

"Indeed. Our forces aren't going to last much longer at this rate. We'll engage the Gundams and push them back.

"Ooh! Ooh! I call dibs on Black Mage! I wanna give that traitor what's been coming to him!"

High above the clouds, a small, round drop pod burned a bright red as it descended through the atmosphere towards the battlefield. Once it had reached its optimal altitude, it split into multiple pieces, and the forms of the Fairlion and the Gyan Kai were revealed.

"Alright! Let's get it on!" Elya said with glee as her unit's Tesla drive revved to life. Her Fairlion darted away from the crumbled pod and made its way down to where the Gundams were fighting.

"Hmph. Impatient as always," Berith growled.

On the back of the armored mobile suit, golden-red particles of light began to stream out of a cone-shaped module on its back. Before they had dropped, Berith's mobile suit had been hastily outfitted with a GN Drive Tau to give it increased atmospheric-combat capabilities. It might prove to be just the edge he needed to turn the tide against whoever his opponent may be. The Gyan Kai roared after the Fairlion, leaving a stream of burning particles in its wake.

"Let's see... ah! There he is!" Elya cried as she finally spotted the Ashura Temple, the new unit Black Mage was reported to have been using. "I'll get him myself! Berith, you go find somebody else to kill."

Berith could have pointed out that it would be more effective for them to work as a team, but decided that it would be a fruitless waste of effort. Once Elya became fixated on a target, nothing was going to stop her from fighting it until she was satisfied.

He did, however, spot an opponent that piqued his interest.

There was a red Gundam wielding a large Japanese Katana for a weapon, and it was showing off an impressive display of swordsmanship. Such grace and precision...

"A worthy opponent indeed," Berith mused. He brought his weapon to bear and charged at the Gundam.

"Stay you're assault... you're opponent is now me!" Berith roard as he brought his his massive sword about in a sweeping slash, aiming to sever the Gundam Red Frame at the torso.

Elya, meanwhile, was descending from above and taking aim at the Ashura Temple. "Oh, Black Mage...look out behind you!" she cooed while opening fire with her rolling cannon.

- Strike -

"What... is that?"

Strike ran a quick scan as the Gilgazamune appeared in the distance. Was this the "Golden Monster" he had heard so much about?

For now, he'd keep his distance. Engaging it head on probably wasn't the best idea.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

Roberto gave no reply to Zangetsu as he easily dodged the shots fired at him.
The right arm of his machine raised up and from under the shield two dozen missiles were launched back at the Sonicscream.

- Wingnut -

Zangetsu wasn't the only one to respond to the threat either as Wingnut moved into position and fired off a blast from the TBR at the Gilgazamune, which missed entirely as the unit once again dodged.
I thought so. It's the same as the anime one. But does it have the same weakness?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Send the G-Impact Cannon. I'm gonna need some added firepower for the 'Gold Monster'." Zaine said after opening a com-line to the Ceres.

Soon, the cannon came out of the ship towards Zaine's location and he went to meet it. after collecting the cannon, he took aim at the golden machine. "Eat this! G-Impact Cannon, Fire!" he shouted as a blast of energy erupted from the barrel towards the gold monster.
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

Marcus moved backward as Kirie charged, as quickly as the magnetic coated joints would allow. Before he could counterattack the advancing Kirie, another unit came racing towards them.

"get back you Fandom bastard, I'll deal with you later."

He punctuated this message with a shot from his rifle. He then ignited his saber and brought it to block a blow from the katana. In a split second he raised his rifle and fired his last shot at the Red Frame's chest.

-Vincents-

after the Bio landed and the battered Zaku ceased movement the two who had been attack broke off and then targeted nearby Fandom units for their next victims. The pilots couldn't help but grin at the Bios' end.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

Zangetsu fired his beam machine guns taking out a dozen or so missiles and then activated his breaker field to get rid of the rest. He flew up higher and noticed Wingnut. "Hey you got any ideas on how to beat this thing?" he asked.
Strike Zero

Berith changed the direction of his slash mid-swing and deflected the beam rifle shot that was directed at him. He landed gracefully on the ground and turned to face the Gundam Alex.

"Unfortunately, you will not be "dealing" with me any time soon. Now... run along and find yourself another playmate."

The Gyan Kai then thrust its shield forward and opened fire with its needle missiles launchers, sending dozens of the deadly projectiles the Gundam Alex's way, hoping to chase him off.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.