TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Gold Monster (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex's return was of little fanfare. only Doctor Bian and those who had gone on the mission knew the details of what they had just done. Alex had one thing left to do, report the results to Doctor Bian.

Alex left the Sub and made his way to the doctor's office.

Marcus Rosewater

The battle was beginning to subside yet Marcus' hunger for battle had gone unsatisfied.

"Come at me you Gundam Cowards."

-Vincents-

by this point the Fandom had finally been cued to the Vincents but the agile machines had still managed to get several more kills. Yet two of their number had fallen.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Julian-

"Hey!"

The Xabungle, meanwhile, was running around the battlefield, taking swiping shots at various Fandom mecha. Just after firing two shells at the Gold Machine and leaping back into the air, the Xabungle pointed at Marcus' Gundam Alex --- as did Julian. "Quit it, okay? They're supposed to be helping us here, and I'm starting to get fed up with you! Don't think for a moment that I didn't see what you were up to attacking those Gundams! Do you mind doing what the rest of your friends are supposed to be doing here and help us out for once!?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

"Sounds like you missed the memo. In case the news hasn't reached this backwards scum hole; the Gundam Team are traitors and, as I've seen, cowards."

Alex pointed back an unlit Saber in the left hand.

"And you only continue to exist because the federation has had bigger fish to fry"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

After checking the injury to find out it had healed enough to where he didn't need the bandages, He helped remove them and the doctor gave the ok for the bandages to stay off. Zaine put his shirt back on and went to the hangar.

As he entered, he looked in the direction of his Huckbein, and saw Tallis near it. Zaine asked her a question when he got close enough. "Tallis... could you close your eyes and hold out one hand for a moment? I want to give you something..."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Ur...sure; what is it?"

Tallis was a bit surprised by Zaine's request but she did as she was asked. A combination of nervousness and curiosity dominating her

Omega

-Zaine-

He moved forward a bit and placed a pendant in her hand with one hand, he gently closed hers around it with the other. Backing away, He said, "You can open your eyes now."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis Opened her eyes then looked down at her hand. In it she found the pendant she had noticed Zaine always had.

"Why are you... giving this to me?"

Cybaster

-Julian-

The Xabungle landed with heavy steps, stomping the ground beneath it.

"Traitors? Who's the bigger coward, then --- them, or someone who would leave civilians at the Fandom's mercy just to hunt some traitors?" Julian retorted, the Xabungle's rifle pointed at Marcus now. "If you think that's going to scare me, you're sorely mistaken, dipstick. You'll get yours, but right now I've more important things to do. Which you can't seem to hammer into your head."

That said, the Xabungle turned left, fired two more shots at a BuCUE that was starting to get too close and hamstringing it, causing it to slam into the ground, and then ran back towards the rebel formation with swinging arms and a comical pose to help fend off the Fandom units there.
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine simply smiled before answering, "You're unique... in a good way... it was intended to be a gift for someone... special." He blushed slightly before adding. " ...over the past few days, I couldn't help but admire your determination to become a pilot..."
Kylern

-Simulator Room-

"Excellent Reflexes have jumped to 50% with adrenaline staying the same. Brainwaves have reached normal artificial newtype levels. I think we have hit a decent level to master." Goldsburg figured this was an excellent place to halt Kylern's power advancement and after pressing a few buttons he reset the limiters to this level. He also set safety measures should the levels peak higher than this.

Kylern didn't seem to know what was going on and continued to fight the last two Slash ZAKUs. Both were blazing their beam gatling guns at him but the TEMJIN danced around the shots while using his break field to absorb any left over fire as he got closer. Finally after rushing a the first Slash he brought his blade down over it discharging the energy wave and disinegrating the ZAKU like it was nothing. And before the other could react the weapon went into Neutral Launcher mode and the power output was switched to rapid fire. Oddly the TRANCE allowed Kylern to access all his units features at an increased speed and the switch between weapons and firing modes was astonishing. Before the enemy ZAKU could retrain its large beam spitting weapon it was pumped full of the TEMJINs on rapid firing. The ZAKU was destroyed and the simulator shut down.

Kylern started to disconnect himself from the simulator and after the visor laser retracted from in front of his eyes you could see he had returned to normal. He stepped out to be greeted with Goldsburg excited voice.

"Congratulations. You have reached a pretty good marker point without furthering your brain decay." The fact that the man could say brain decay with a smile on is face creeped Kylern out. This guy was just a bit to happy and excited for torturing him... Speaking of torture...

"You dirty bastard! Your shocked me for fun in the beginning! I outta strap your in there and shock the hell out of you." Goldsburg just laughed as Kylern puffed up angrily.

"No pain no gain. Besides we are going to test you next to see what you learned." He gave a snap as someone started to enter. "I want you to meet Natalia Lyon."

-Natalia-

She started to walk into the room after passing by Chris without seeming to notice his existence. She was 21 years old with big green eyes, long blond hair, and several freckles dotting her cheeks and nose. She was in a DC uniform with the rank of Private 1st Class. Her insignias also showed she was a Lion pilot as well.

As she stepped into the room she noticed both the grinning Doctor as well as the man beside him looking at her with a confused expression on his face. Quickly she shook it off and announced her presence. "Private First Class Natalia Lyon at your service. I assume you must be my new partner Kylern?" She looked at Kylern who finally snapped to reality.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Marcus Rosewater

"Civilians? I see no one here cowering in the corner without a gun and even if I did those who stand on the field of battle can no longer claim to be civilians; Whether or not they do so by choice."

With the Xabungle's escape Marcus literately howled in anger. and then rammed into the side of a BaCUE with his armored shoulder flipping on it's side before lighting and stabbing it with a Saber

Tallis Stenner

Tallis looked with renewed respect at the pendent. She wasn't fully sure about how to respond. She had never really had anyone claim such affections for her and she her self didn't really understand such feelings. In the end she settled for clasping the pendent to her chest and saying

"Thank you"

Omega

-Zaine-

"Y-you're welcome." Zaine said. He wanted to ask Tallis something else, instead deciding to give the Huckbein Mk. II a quick look-over to check for damage, relieved to see minor dents. "Well... See you later Tallis." Zaine said before walking out of the hangar.
Strike Zero

- Elya -

Elya yelped out in surprise as the sudden flash of light blinded her and the Fairlion's sensors completely. Thanks to this, she didn't have nearly enough time to dodge out of the way of Black Mage's follow-up attack.

The Lancer jutted out of the blinding light, piereced the E-Field, and neatly sheared the Fairlion's head in half.

"KYAAAAAAAA~!" Elya screamed as the machine shuddered violently and all of her monitors went dead.

What just happened? Did I... lose?! That can't be! I never lose!

- Berith -

Berith parried Kirie's first slash aimed at his neck. He was just about to counter the second attack when Elya's scream came over the radio and managed to distract him for a split second. It nearly proved fatal--Berith managed to raise his sword to block the powerful downward slash, but wasn't able to perform it properly and only succeeded in slowing the velocity of the Gerbera Straight. As such, it pushed through and gouged out a section of the Gyan Kai's head. Static began to sputter across Berith's forward monitor and he cursed.

Knocking the Gerbera Straight away, he then did something he had not ever done during his entire career as a pilot--he fled from his opponent.

The battle was far from over, and wouldn't be over until one of them scored a decisive victory on the other--but at this moment, their order to destroy the Gundam Team in whole took priority. He could not allow himself nor his fellow knight to be shot down here.

Turning towards Elya's position, he drew from the full power of his GN Drive and rocketed towards Elya's position. Before Black Mage could hope to strike again, he swooped in, scooped up the damaged Fairlion, and headed off in the direction where most of the other Fandom forces were already beginning to retreat.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

The Fandom commander was in a state of disbelief. Even with the Gilgazamune and two Dark Star Knights, his forces were in retreat from the Federation and Gundam Team forces.
"Damn them, damn them all to hell!" he roared and went over to the console that he had put there in case of this somehow happening.

"You will not live to celebrate victory over us here today." he said with a laugh that got louder as it went on.
Bringing the panel to life he opened another two containers that contained 3 more of the Type SIM-96 MLC missile each.
The almost insane laughter continued as all 6 were fired off at the battlefield. 4 at the rebel forces which were still going at it with the last of the Fandom units, and one each at the Federation units and the Ceres.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore saw the missile launch from the Fandom and gritted his teeth. "Oh , no you don't." He quickly lifted the Freedom higher into the air, on the same level as the missiles. He flipped a switch and the front of his console popped up and began acquiring the missiles as targets. When all six where locked on to, Hellbore pulled the trigger and yelled out, "FULL BURST MODE!!!" All of his weapons, bar the Callidus, lanced out in a multi-coloured shower of beams.
iPearl

-Bi-

A good distance away...
Bi is reading through her Mission Log; Figuring out where her Mission Points are located at, that was given to her by the Engine Research Facility.

"Why don't these Engineers ever give me the exact locations,... they always hand out approximate Coordinates...And there is nothing here !!!"

Slightly agitated Bi double checks her coordinates.
Suddenly Her Internal AI Start poping up Data of various Energy Sources.

While keeping her mind on the data she spots an amazingly flashy rainbow play of lights in the far distance of the horizont.

AI: "Gundams Units detected, Mobile Suits Detected !!!"
Bi: "Oh Gehz, look at that ... I guess thats our observation location over there ,... Lets see whats going on. Stealthmode"

While GN-XXX Rasiel's research GN drive Spin Up, releasing Blue Particles.
Bi Pilots Towards the ColorFull Light fiasco ...
Hope Runs Deep ...
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--

"Huh. Just a few coordinated attacks and it runs back like a coward," Rachel says, genuinely confused.

Slug agrees, saying, "Yeah, it's like one of those easy bosses from a stereotypical Japanese RPG..."

"And I'm not so impressed by this so-called 'Gundam Team' either. Just a bunch of hacks that happened to be funded by a fat wallet."

"Haha, funny you say that," says Slug, "I hardly recognize any of the units they rolled out. And to think that one of them upgraded during my stay there, I think I can assume they upgrade to new units every time they sortie!"

"Hehehe"

"BEEEEEEEP!!!!!" The sensors alarmed each of the Federation forces of a missile heading into their airspace, ruining the quieted atmosphere of the almost-over battle. Like clockwork, Rachel immediately shouted, "Evade! Missile at five!" While the Federation grunt units were operating farther from the vicinity, cutting off the reinforcements before they get into the city, only Slug and Rachel was targeted. Thankfully they were alerted---Rachel's three bits open fires at the missile in the air while maintaining a safe distance.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

((Oh, but that was just his first time in combat dear Rachel. Next time it will not be so easy.))

Although between Helbore's beam spam and Rachel's bits they were able to take down 5 of the missiles, the 6th struck home in the middle of what was left of the rebel forces totally destroying or permanently disabling the remaining mobile suits.

- Ceres bridge -

The vision of the bridge was temporally blinded by the explosions of the warheads, but when they finally subsided the devastation they brought was clear. To starboard Ryker could easily see the remains of the rebel Tierens that were caught in the blast radius of the last missile. The force they were sent to protect now lay in ruin.

The Ceres and the Gundam Team had failed in their mission.

"Land the ship nearby and begin searching for survivors. Keep security high in case some unit out there decides to take a cheap shot at us." ordered Ryker.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Julian-

While Hellbore and Rachel were attacking four of the missiles, Julian cursed as the Fandom launched even more and, instinctively, had the Xabungle dash towards the fifth. Julian's eyes narrowed; The Xabungle's manueverability was its main trait, and before the fifth missile could explode, Julian's Xabungle had crouched, leapt --- its leg rockets blasting off to give it everything it got --- and swiped both its hands, catching the fifth missile with its hands. As Julian landed, he looked around for any place he could throw it, and his fists shook at the steering wheel as he realized time was running out; Hurriedly, Julian tossed it upwards at one of Rachel's bits, which promptly shot it and finished Julian's job for him.

But by the time Julian noticed the sixth missile, it was too late --- and the Xabungle did not have enough fuel to turn the tide. Julian Starstrider --- drifter, traveller, former Federation Academy dropout --- could only watch in horror as whatever was left of the militia were atomized by that last missile, right in front of him. He had failed utterly.

Julian shook his head. Above the Xabungle, additional units from the Ceres were beginning to launch --- scouring for survivors, no doubt. Pounding the seat rest once in anger, Julian used whatever was left of the Xabungle's fuel to rocket up, as high as he could, and towards the Ceres' flight deck.

-Kirie and Black Mage-

Kirie had no time to register his opponent's retreat before the devastation caught his attention...and when the extent of the destruction could be seen clearly, Kirie bit his lip in disdain, the Astray Red Frame likewise stunned and not bothering to even pick up Gerbera Straight. He had fought against Berith and apparently triumphed, proving the worth of the King of Hearts --- for now --- but did it mean anything anymore? For a moment, Kirie could not say anything, couldn't find anything to say.

That was when the Ashura Temple landed next to the Astray Red Frame. Black Mage whistled disapprovingly. "See? This was one of the reasons why I left the Fandom --- no finesse what~soever! Look at this mess! You'd think they went back to the medieval ages or something!"

"Black Mage?"

"What?"

Kirie's frown turned into a scowl. "Please shut up."

"Fine. Just spoil my own personal victory, why don't you? But I'm telling you, Fighter, this ain't the worst the Fandom can do...nor is it the last. And those two...right now? I'd say they're the bottom rung of the Dark Star Knights. They'll be back, and they'll be stronger."

I'm sure they will be, Kirie wistfully scratched his head, and pulled the Astray Red Frame back towards the Ceres. The Ashura Temple promptly followed suit.
The Big Zabowski

-Michael-

`
~Hissh~

Michael looked up into the direction of the source of that..feeling. He didn't know what it was, but it seemed familiar. Something in the depths of his logic patterns that now made up his "mind" tugged at the very inner strings of what he was..telling him that something was out there. He wasn't sure what it was, or whether or not it was a threat..but it was definately something to be concerned about.

Without a second thought, he wound up the GN Whysp drive, yellow particles billowing out into the hangar as the fully erect Bawoo K blared it's monoeye, Mike riding a lift line up to the cockpit. Kitty's avatar greeted him on the main sub screen, her expression showing a similar perturbed reaction as that of the Bawoo pilot.

"Michael, I think you sensed it too, didn't you."

"I don't know if you want to call it 'sensing' since you know that both of us can't really do that at all. I just know that I felt it as if I still had my organic body. Something tugged at my inner strings..pulling me toward whatever it was."

"Yes, for some reason I felt the same thing through the GN drive"

"Well, time to investigate, shall we?"

"I guess it's a good reason as any-"

"Settled. Bridge, this is Radachi, I'm going on a recon sortie. Keep watch on my transponder. Radachi out."

With that, the Bawoo trudged toward the catapult, and with a burst of GN particles launched toward the skies, transforming into MA mode and jetting off toward the 'feeling'.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)