TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Bian only nodded as he handed over the sword for Kirie to take and to show Masamune that the path he was taking was not the correct one.

Over by the door Wingnut put away the pistol and replied to Emily. "Looks like we let him settle this one." And if he really is this world's King of Hearts, then he's got the best chance of anyone to stop Masamune anyway.
Wingnut however was still looking over Masamune for anything that looked like it might hold what was left of the Zero system as if it were already destroyed, then Masamune might have stood down by now. I'll have to move quickly to secure and destroy it as soon as he's defeated.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Masamune and Kirie-

Reverently Kirie took the sword from Bian and turned to the Daimyo of Aizu as he took the chance to recover his breath and his footing...and then Kirie, after swinging the sword a few times, threw it onto the ground where it stabbed onto the ground, upright. Masamune just stared at Kirie, confused by the gesture.

"It is your perception that Samurai live and die by their swords," Kirie simply said. "But swords by themselves are little more than lifeless hunks of metal, and without a wielder, it is powerless. That's why people should not live and die by the sword; They should let the sword die for them, let it go, Masamune. Samurai are not just warriors, although you being from a video game probably doesn't do much for understanding that...but they don't live honorably for death, but for life. That is what chivalry is about --- to live by the ideals that everyone finds fair."

"Don't be ridiculous, Kirie," Masamune spat indignantly. "You're not going to beat me without a weapon. Pick the sword back up."

"I don't need it to beat you, Masamune. Not anymore."

Masamune glanced around exasperatedly once and stomped his foot on the ground once. And then, he turned back to Kirie with disdain. "Fine. It's your funeral, Kirie." A half-second later, Masamune's saber swung, and stabbed downwards towards Kirie's head in a killing blow --- which Kirie did not dodge. He didn't even more or grimace.

When the Saber was a centimeter away from Kirie's head, his arms suddenly moved in a lightning fast blur and clasped both hands around the sides of the Saber blade in a Butterfly Catch. Masamune was only surprised for a second and tried to reel the blade back, but when he did, he found himself pulling at a brick wall; Try as he did, Kirie's grasp on the Saber remained unmoving.

The gesture was immediately familiar. "...Muto techniques...?"

That was all the pause Kirie allowed. With a single tug sideways, the Saber went flying from Masamune's hands and stabbed into the left wall, and Kirie stood there, waiting for Masamune to make the next move; A second's pause was all Masamune allowed himself to make, and in a swift motion, Masamune lunged forward and grabbed the sword that Kirie stabbed into the ground, swinging it upwards in a smooth motion. Kirie sidestepped the blade in a blur, reappearing to Masamune's left; Sneering, Masamune followed with a downward slash, then a series of horizontal slashes and, finally, a jab at Kirie's chest.

Kirie moved with speed that was lightning fast; Within the Mobile Suit the Musha Gundam's own normal combat limits severely hampered Kirie's full potential (and made him beatable by normal pilots), but here, no longer holding back, there were none to weigh him down. Kirie backstepped the first slash, then leapt back and left to avoid the next two --- and when the jab came, Kirie finally struck, lancing out with his right hand. Masamune was just about to connect when Kirie sidestepped in a blur and grabbed onto his sword arm.

Then Kirie twisted gently, and in pain --- even Kirie's gentle motions bore untold strength in this battle --- Masamune was forced to let go of Bian's sword as well. Before Masamune could recover, Kirie's left arm moved as the boy slid forward, elbowing the stunned Masamune in the stomach; At the same time, Kirie's left foot swept backwards and connected with Masamune's back heels, and the combined, fluid motions caused the Daimyo of Aizu to tumble backwards and sprawl onto the ground.

Before Masamune could get up, Kirie had knelt down beside Masamune and, very gently, hammered a fist onto Masamune's chest. Masamune realized at once, with finality, that Kirie had defeated him, and now Kirie was going to kill him --- as Masamune deserved. It was over.

Somehow, he didn't regret a thing.

And yet, despite Kirie's wistful look, he didn't strike the coup de grace. Masamune blinked angrily. "Don't taunt me any longer, imbecile," Masamune spat with all the bitterness he could muster. "What are you waiting for? Strike at me! Finish me off! You've won fair and square, haven't you?" Fair and square, Masamune paused awhile to note the irony of it. It really was just that, and even if it wasn't Bian who struck the final blow, his ideal opponent...

"Why would I want to do that, Masamune?" Kirie asked. "Why would I want to see you dead? What use does it serve?"

"...What?"

"Kirie...he wants to help you redeem your honor too, Masamune." Emily piped up, sulking. "He wants to see you be the noble Date Masamune he's known since the Japanese front. That's the person he respects. You don't need the Zero System to achieve that, you never did. Before the anti-Gundams, during those days, you were his perfect rival, one he looked up to as his opposite."

That gave Masamune pause, made him turn to Emily in confusion and then back at Kirie again. Why would Kirie...? "...Why do you care what happens to me?"

Kirie sighed. "Because being rivals doesn't necessarily mean being enemies, Masamune. And, well...if the war ended and everything, y'know...if you stayed behind and we both survived..." Kirie turned away and stood up, flustering in embarassment. At that moment, Kirie looked more like an innocent child than the King of Hearts. "...I always thought we could be friends. Sure, you might be arrogant, self-centered, generally an annoying brat---"

"Excuse me?" Masamune gawked at Kirie.

Kirie shrugged. "---But you're a skilled warrior and other than that there's really nothing wrong with you. You're a noble person within, and I kind of envy you sometimes, having actually lived in that period and in my favorite PS2 game..."

There was silence for awhile, Emily looking eagerly at Masamune, Kirie turning back to Masamune. Finally, Kirie held a hand out towards Masamune in a friendly gesture, to help him to his feet. Masamune did not reply at first, too stunned to react. ...Me...do you think I can still be noble? After all I've done? Death is the only thing left for me here---

"Now you know that's not true, Masamune." Kirie sighed. "Honor's also about a will to redemption. There'll be plenty of chances to regain what you lost if you have a will to live. Now come on, lying on the floor's kind of unbecoming of you, don't you think?"

After another moment, Masamune sighed. I'm going to regret this. I hope you're right, Kirie.

And then Masamune took Kirie's hand and stood up. Kirie and Emily smiled at him. "I don't think Mr. Zoldark's going to let you off completely for trying to kill him, but I'll do my best to vouch for you, Masamune. I want you to have a chance to regain your nobility and survive the war, too." Kirie nodded; Either way, Bian was probably going to at least lock Masamune in the brig until they could decide what to do with Masamune. "Mr. Zoldark? What would you want done here?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

With the need for it apparently gone Alex's blade retracted into his arm again, the hand snapping back into place after it. A few seconds later the 'skin' had repaired itself so that the deep 'cut' from the blade's exit point disappeared.

Alex now turned waiting for Bian's orders
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Bian -

"It would be a waste to lock him away for what he has done and let him rot in jail." said Bian as he walked back to what was left of his desk and input a couple of commands into the computer that would send summon signals to two certain individuals who were not present.

"Given the losses in the last battle I am unable to deploy forces to any given point on a moment's notice like I was able to at Point Alpha. I also believe that like at that battle, the Fandom and perhaps even the Federation might make another attempt at my daughter in order to strike an indirect blow at me. Thus as much as I know you'll protest Lune, I am assigning a small group of people to keep an eye on you and provide for your protection."

Lune stepped forward and opened her mouth to object, but the look in Bian's eyes told her that she wouldn't get anywhere with it and stopped before she started.

"Lune, along with them you would be free to act as you see fit to further the goal of stopping the Fandom and bringing peace to the world after this prolonged war."

The chime on the far door signaled that someone wished to enter. "Ah, that would be him now. Please come in."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Everyone-

The door opened, and behind it was virtually the last and first person Lune would want to see...had she known that he was the one who sent Masaki to find her in the first place. Emily shuddered, feeling a powerful --- yet here, pretty much harmless --- presence from the man, as did Kirie, and blinking at him the two promptly fell silent. Even Masamune could say nothing to bring things back to reality for a moment.

Walking into Bian's office, arms behind his back casually and wearing a pair of rimless sunglasses, was Morpheus. Back in his trademark dark green overcoat, this Morpheus looked impressive and sagely --- a far cry from the shadowy ninja who had snuck into the Alchemists' Academy at La Giers hours earlier. Morpheus did not waste any time, and gave Bian a prompt, professional salute. "Reporting back as ordered, sir. It's good to be back." Morpheus smiled, and gave Lune a bow out of courtesy. "Milady. As soon as he gets here, I can---ah, here he comes."

Following behind him, looking half-agitated, half-subdued, was Black Mage, who likewise saluted Bian but with far less discipline in his posture. "Commander Zoldark. With all due respect, this had better be good! I was just getting ready to drink myself silly in celebration of Pretty Boy's death, and there's gonna be h----hello there, my pretty!" Black Mage's dripping sarcasm melted instantly at the sight of Lune, of course. "How are you this fine afternoon?"

"Who is this imbecile?" Masamune piped up; Morpheus' passive stare at Masamune sent a jolt up his spine, shutting him up.

"Very well. If I may, Commander?" Morpheus asked, and when Bian nodded, he walked forward and turned, facing Emily and Kirie. "I am Morpheus, simply put; most of present company will recognize my voice as Dreamer. As the Commander had already told you, milady, we would like to put a small team together that have your protection as the main priority, since even with the Gundam Team...some of them have their own problems and they can't be everywhere at once in case something happened. And at least one Fandom officer has gotten the idea to use you to get to the Commander, milady. Masamune proved that."

Emily blinked.

Morpheus' smile widened and he glanced around. "Emily Stormgunner. Kirie Morgan. Masamune Date...and Black Mage, is it?" BM sweatdropped. "From this point on, you are Light Warriors. Lady Lune's protection will primarily be charged to the four of you."

All four reacted, and promptly.

"What!?" Black Mage gawked.

"Imbecile! Why am I working with---" Masamune growled.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, sir? I'll gladly do it, but surely..." Kirie trailed off.

"Awesome! Leave it to me, sir!" Emily grinned, which faded into a confused look as she rubbed her chin with her right hand. "...But why are we Light Warriors?"

"To answer your individual inquiries to this..." Morpheus began, his expression deathly collected despite the chaos. "Kirie, there probably are, but Emily's the most familiar with Lady Lune among the Gundam Team, and you're the King of Hearts. That's the best insurance Commander Zoldark can have after your performance against Masamune. Masamune, you are chosen because nobody else knows Ishikawa Shigetaka's tactics and state of mind better than you, and it's the best chance you have of getting your revenge. Black Mage, you will work with them. You're familiar with the Fandom pilots' strategies and these children will need a babysitter. And Emily, you are named Light Warriors because you need a party name so I don't have to address all four of you individually."

The latter two looked indignant and crossed their arms as Emily snickered to herself. Kirie just sweatdropped at the thought of BM babysitting him, but nodded.

"All four of you, and me, will answer to Lady Lune for the most part; Ensign Morgan, you're Squadron Leader in my absence. You and Miss Stormgunner together will have the authority to override any standing orders and have the Light Warriors act autonomously, even Lady Lune's commands, when her life and safety is being threatened. Now, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, Lady Lune; It means that Kirie cannot override you without Emily's consent or unless Emily is incapacitated, and vice versa.

"For now, you four will go with the Gundam Team; I have other matters to attend to elsewhere, and after they have been taken care of I will personally meet up with you to see how things are. Now, if there are no other questions?" The Light Warriors shook their heads. "I have something to discuss with your father in private, Lady Lune. Feel free to direct any questions you have to me later. If that is all, Light Warriors, you're dismissed for now; Masamune, you'll have a temporary machine assigned to you later."

The Light Warriors nodded. "And Emily, no Knife Eye Attacks while your party members are nearby."

Everyone turned to Emily, who blinked and ._.'d.

"Even if---"

"No, not even if it's just Black Mage, Emily."

Emily sulked at that.

"Awwwww."
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

So he's the one who gave us the tip about Point Alpha. A DC agent to be sure which explains a couple things, but I can't help but think that we've been played here somehow by thus guy.

Wingnut followed the rest of the newly formed Light Warriors out of the room as did everyone else there including a woman he had not seen before.
Lune's grumbling drew his attention away from her however.

"It's not fair. Why does he think I need a group of babysitters to watch my every move?"

"Because as Point Alpha showed, very nasty people are out there who want to do very nasty things to you to get at your father. Yes, you are capable of handling yourself in a fight, but they sent a small army after you last time, and frankly you would have been overwhelmed by that many enemies. Besides, it's either this or lock you in your room until the war's over and I doubt you'd enjoy that very much." Wingnut replied.

Lune again prepared to rant and yell at Wingnut, but was unable to find fault with his reasoning and let out the breath she had taken in a huff.
"I'm really starting to hate it when you're right."

Wingnut smiled back at her. "Glad to be of service, Miss Lune."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily giggled --- all in all, that didn't sound nearly as bad as Masamune and Black Mage's facial expressions made it out to be. "Don't worry, Miss Lune," Emily smiled reassuringly; Behind them, Kirie had led Masamune and BM away to get settled in. "That Morpheus guy told us to protect you, and that's exactly what we'll do...but I know you don't like being bossed around so I won't boss you around unless you're really in danger --- Kirie can't, either, unless I say it's okay and since I'll be nice to you he can't do a thing if you don't wanna! I promise!"

At that, Emily winked cutely at Lune, inwardly wondering where Masaki was and if he had found what he was looking for...yet.

-Morpheus-

Morpheus waited until everyone had left the room before shutting the door behind them; After awhile, and with everyone well enough away, Morpheus turned towards Bian and gave him an apologetic, polite bow, adjusting his sunglasses after standing up. "Before I give my report, sir...I feel I owe you an apology. It was a risky plan on my part and perhaps it put Lady Lune in more danger than she should be in. I had done my best to minimize the chances of Ishikawa's success and made as many contingencies as possible, but sometimes I understand it's all chance. I've seen it before, and I'm sorry, sir."

A pause.

"Before I proceed further and account for my actions...is this room secure, sir?" It was unspoken between the two men, but both Bian and Morpheus were certain who it was that, of all places in Aidoneus Island, that they must especially be wary about.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

With Bian safe Alex had no further business at the moment but he did wonder what his orders would be. He took his silent leave of the Light warriors.

Sume Gai

by the time Gai had an answer about the situation it was all over. he waited in the hanger and as the group returned

"So what exactly happened? and who are the New Guys?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

Bian walked to the back wall and opened a hidden panel to which he pressed his hand to that after identifying him as him, opened a door to a secret room that only Bian and the people who built the building knew about.
"This way. And as for an apology, your intentions were well rooted and you did take steps to make sure that she was protected as best as possible. Sometimes we have to leave the outcome to chance and hope that fate does not have it in for us on that particular day."

The door closed behind the pair as they were now in a totally secure room where no one could know what happened within. It was far smaller than the main office, but suited well enough for Bian to discuss private matters with a few people if need be as was the case now.

"So, how did your trip to the other side go?"

- Wingnut -

Looks like they'll get along well enough. thought Wingnut, but his thoughts turned more serious as he had a rather pressing question to ask Masamune.
"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but wonder about something. Is Zero still intact and by any chance do you have it with you?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Kirie, Black Mage and Masamune-

Masamune quirked an eyebrow at Wingnut in suspicion; If he was asking about the Zero System, chances were that this was the person who shot him down --- the other pilot with the Zero System. There was no telling what might happen if he had both Zero Systems. "I hid it elsewhere on the island, imbecile. It's not like I can take it with me to my death with no Mobile Suit."

"Don't mind him, Wingnut." Kirie waved Masamune off. "He likes saying that word. It's built into his programm---I mean genetics."

-Morpheus-

With an impressed smile, Morpheus followed Bian into the secret room with his arms behind his back and waited for the door to close. After it shut tightly, Morpheus took a few paces forward and finally nodded. "Very productive, if I may say so. The Fandom had not only provided for me the frequency for a Portal into La Giers, but also actually gotten me there for us. It was a gamble, no doubt about it, sir; Ishikawa's already gotten the notion of using Lune to get to you even before I got involved, and as for him...I obviously couldn't use the Portal here or obtain the frequencies ourselves from the Psybuster, otherwise it would certainly alarm him that we are taking measures against him.

"So I decided on a plan. First I made a deal with that fool Ishikawa that in exchange for Lady Lune, he would obtain the Psybuster's spectral frequency for me and prepare a portal to La Giers. I contacted Masaki Andoh in Calais and sent him to retrieve Lady Lune; After sending Ishikawa on his way to Point Alpha, I notified the Gundam Team of the imminent ambush, knowing that they've been exposed to the Psybuster before and know of its importance. That, if nothing else, will make them inclined to come to Lady Lune's aid. The Newtype Quarantine Order issued by the Federation was a very benevolent coincidence that caused the entire team to defect to us, it seems.

"After the ambush was thwarted as predicted, I received the frequency readings from the Psybuster, and used their Portal in Hokkaido to sneak into La Giers. It was just as I suspected; our mutual friend was either raised, or spent considerable time there, from what I could gather of information --- he's caused considerable turmoil and destruction there, as well. But the main accomplishment, sir, are these."

Morpheus pulled some photos from underneath his overcoat and handed them to Bian --- that of a mystical device surrounding a pulsating, active crystal.

"These are what gave the Psybuster its immense power, Commander Zoldark --- Bio-engines that transform a pilot's life force into arcane energy for attacks. After issuing one to the Fandom and one to the Federation, I have two Prana Converters and Eternal Engines remaining in my possession, as planned, sir. I shall keep one with me, currently stored off-site in a secure location only I have knowledge about; The other I shall send here, to Aidoneus Island, as soon as possible after he leaves. This precaution is necessary as..." Morpheus paused. "As being from La Giers himself, there is no telling how attuned he is to these Eternal Engines; Sensing one within this base would immediately give the game away all the same."
hellbore

-Sara-

Sara picked herself up and caught her breath. It all seemed to be over and she was relieved. She noted Masamune was among them and wondered why this was. The Gundam Team group passed her, apparently not noting her among the other DC personnel. She started to go after them when she felt a tug on her sleeve. She turned and saw a slight woman with large spectacles, smiling up at her. Now, Sara was not a tall person, average at best. This woman was barely taller than the little girl from the Gundam Team. "Um," she began uncertainly, "can I help you?"
"Not really," came the reply. "However, I am her to help you. If you'll follow me please." The woman turned and began walking away, forcing Sara to follow.
"Uh, who are you?" Sara was baffled by the strange woman.
"Oh, of course how rude of me." She paused and extended a hand. "I am Dr. Hakase of the Divine Crusaders R&D Division. I've been in charge of restoring the Cerberus you, uh, provided us with, and I'm taking you to see it." Sara, taking the offered hand, was shocked by this could only nod and continue following the strange Doctor.

Sometime later and several metres down, Sara was lead into a cavernous hanger which was dimly lit at one end. The other however, was lit by floodlights and was packed with all manner of equipment and scurrying technicians. "This," Hakase said, rather proudly, "is where we work. I want to show you something, come here." She led Sara to a terminal which was running a simulation of some kind. As they came closer, Sara recognised it instantly.
"This is...," she said in a shocked voice.
"Yep," Hakase chirped, "This is the latest simulation from the newest TE Engine. It was built using data provided by the late Dr. Mishima and improved by our very own Dr. Shirakawa."
"Wait, Dr. Mishima is dead?"
"You didn't know. I'm sorry. but the Fandom was shutting down the Tsentr project down and Mishima sent us the data on the project. Unfortunately, the Fandom got wind of his plan and he was killed in the process. I'm really, very sorry."
It was hard for Sara, Mishima had been her mentor since college, but she needed to focus, Jacob was what was important now. Going over the simulation Sara found the data shocking. "How did you adjust for the instability of the Terminus energy?"
"Well, it wasn't east but..."
The next several minutes where spent geeking out over various technical matters and exotic particles and the like. When they where done, Sara said, "I'd like to see the Cerberus now."
"Of course," replied Hakase. She moved over to a wall and flipped a switch. At the darkened end of the hanger a floodlight illuminated a mobile weapon that wasn't obvious before in the dark.
"But thats..." Sara begun. Instead of a completed mech like she expected, the Cerberus was suspended from the ceiling, the damaged pats removed, barely more than a hanging torso. "Bian said..."
"Bian Zoldark gets a little metaphorical in his speeches. The final trials for the new TE engine is weeks away. While you wait you'll pilot this..." With that, she flipped another switch which revealed another mech along the left wall. The one was more curves, contrasting with the hard angles of the Cerberus.
"This," continued Hakase, "is the PTX-016 Wildfalken. It's a design stolen from the Fandom by our agents. This is the second of two units, codenamed 'R Unit'. the first, or 'L Unit' was destroyed during an operation. We, or more accurately, Dr. Shirakawa, would like you to test this unit and see if it is suitable for mass production." She began walking toward the Falken. "Follow me please." Sara followed her.
Hakase indicated a large weapon to the right of the PT. "This is the Ochstan Rifle. It is a combination beam machinegun and large bore cannon. It should give you great tactical versatility. Other armaments are pretty standard." She gave Sara sideways look. "It's on a lift to the surface. Are you ready to go?"
Sara steeled herself. "I'm ready."
"Excellent." Hakase gestured a tech over with a package. She took it and gave it to Sara. "This is your DFC suit. It also got a few other things you might need."

Sara climbed aboard the Falken and gave Hakase a final wave. The small woman smiled and waved back before activating the lift, which slowly rose to the surface.

-Hellbore-

Hellbore came across the others in one of the hallways leading from deeper inside the base. "What the hell was that all about?"
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"I see." he said as he addressed Gai and Hellbore. "Don't worry about it. We just had an unexpected visitor and someone over reacted. It's nothing to be concerned about. I hope.

"Then I ask what you plan on doing with it, Masamune. Are you planning on using it in your next machine or are you abandoning it? If it's the latter I need to know so I can destroy the system. It's far too dangerous to leave lying around."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

He then remembered the reason he went to see Dr. Zoldark, but figured it was a bad time to go back. "Great... now what am I supposed to..." a machine was being brought toward the Ceres on a trailer with another one following behind, likely containing weapons for the machine. Zaine recognized it almost immediately. "A Huckbein Mk. 2..." His mind went back to the mostly assembled machine in the hangar, then he realized what it was. Oh... a set of spare parts in case the Huckbein gets damaged. He started to run for the hangar, and made it there in time to help them place it in a berth... but they took the crate containing the unfinished machine, and after leaving the weapons container, they drove back to where they came from. Zaine checked the cockpit and found a note saying, My gift for you... don't get it destroyed, though. Zaine thought for a moment, then he figured out who sent it. "Thanks..." he thought out loud.

-Ruka-

She was coming up on a mobile weapon she didn't recognize. Ruka opened a com-line since it didn't look Fandom-made "... Are you an ally?" She asked.
SNT1

--Rachel--

As she was flying along, she notices a bleep on the radar, coming up faster than her, heading in the same direction.

"... Are you an ally?"

"Stand down!" Rachel commands, with her unit quickly transforming into MS mode and points the beam rifle and three of the nine Airmasters quickly follows suit like robots. The sensors confirm it after moments to be a Federation unit assigned to land to Tokyo like the rest.

"Oops, I'm sorry! Can't be sure these days, (^^; )" Rachel apologizes, as she goes back to flying. "State your name, pilot, looks like you'll be flying with us."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Masamune-

"I guess it's not exactly up to me anymore..." Masamune muttered back; Whether it was that Masamune was not willing to discuss the Zero System anymore if he didn't have to, or that he was still burning with envy against Wingnut, or both, it seemed he was reluctant to talk about it with Wingnut by how he was deliberately turned away, shuffling himself uneasily. "I don't intend to ever use it again, believe me, but I'm thinking someone else might have a use for it."

A pause.

"You'll have to ask that guy who just became our CO. Morpheus, I think his name was..."
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

The Volosgov class sub moved silently through the water; unseen by DC submarine patrols that had been recalled to reinforce Aidoneus' battered defenders.

in the front most catapult a large amount of equipment including magnetic Catapult parts a had been pre-assembled. the five KMF's and were in place of the usual MS; Two Z-goks and two ASHes were in the Submarine MS bays though they would be a mute measure since the sub was unlikely to come in contact with any actual enemy forces.

'so Gai do you know what I'm about to do? have you figured out how to use our connection? or is it just luck that I can no longer...'

hellbore

-Hellbore-

Masamune? He looks familiar somehow. Hellbore considered the newcomer and his enigmatic statements. Something didn't sit right with him but he was willing to let it go if Wingnut said not to worry. "So who's this then?" he asked indicating Masamune. The young looking man seemed incredibly uncomfortable with the majority of the Gundam Team gathered.
Cybaster

-Light Warriors-

"Apparently he's our new teammate." Black Mage answered in a foul humor and crossed his arms towards Hellbore. "He'll steal anything not bolted down or on fire to accomplish his mission --- Watch out, he might steal your legal rights if you turn your back on him!"

oO(Imbecile, are you saying I'm a Thief?) Masamune blinked.

Kirie rolled his eyes backwards at that in disdain; This had 'long day' written all over it. "Don't mind him, Hellbore. He's Date Masamune, our new teammate. We just got welded into a squad called the Light Warriors." Kirie then leaned in to whisper to Hellbore while glancing sideways at BM and Masamune. "Personally I think we could've been named better. Excalibur or Sword of Damocles or even Sword Knights, but Light Warriors?"

Emily raised her hand in an excited grin, tittering. "You really do like swords, don't you, Kirie? I like our original party name, though! It's got '+10 Circumstance Bonus to Charisma and Diplomacy Checks' written all over it!" :D

Kirie could only slap his forehead. "...This really also has 'long day' written all over it, that's for sure..."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

as Gai listened to the exchange between the "Light Warriors" and hellbore he felt he had heard it all before and for some reason got the impression that Kirie was going to ask about 'Sword-Chucks'

"Kirie, don't ever try to make, much less use, Beam-Sword-Chucks"

Omega

-Ruka-

the unit and it's squadron turned full circle and were ready to open fire on her but the leader apologized after confirming that she was federation. the unit then asked for her name. "I-i'm Ruka... it's a pleasure to meet you..." Ruka replied nervously. She soon went into formation along with the rest. of the units.