TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

"yes sir I'm on it."

With that Gai began start-up of the Gawain. the hatch was still open and Tallis happened to be nearby. She happened to have been using the scaffolding around the Gawain to get a better view of the Delta Gundam. When she heard the sound of the Gawain activating she had an idea.

"Gai where are you headed?"

"I'm going on a patrol to check out some odd radar noise"

"Er... could I join you? After all you said I was good at long range combat and I could be your gunner."

Gai looked seriously at her for a moment before answering

"Not this time, maybe next time. You still need some more practice before you see real battle."

with that Gai closed the Hatch and rolled onto the deck in preparation to launch.

Wan Fey Lo

Assembly was complete; all they needed now was the tracking data and a Fandom satellite would soon be in range to provide just that.

"Very good load number 1 and stand by"

then a transmission from Snow broke com silence.

"Sir I see something coming; I don't think it sees us yet but it looks like that small black machine you fought the other day."

Wan couldn't help but smile; this might jeopardize the plans but it was too good an opportunity to finally be done with his other self.

"I'm launching. Captain, you know what to do from here."

Sume Gai

it had taken Gai fifteen minutes to reach the area that had been indicated on the Ceres' radar as he approached the low profile of the sub and the dark coloring of the Akatsukis made spotting them difficult.

However, about 20 seconds after Snow's transmission Gai finally saw what he recognized from briefing videos and photos as a Fandom sub. The profile was somewhat different than normal because of some large object attached but Gai was certain.

"Looks like a single sub but it seems to have be-"

Gai stopped abruptly as a wave of radiation energy came straight at him. Gai dipped to evade and began searching for the source of the attack as he finished his transmission.

"Been modified with something, confirmed hostile"

as he finished Gai spotted Wan closing quickly. And fired his finger harkens at him. Wan rolled right to evade fired his arm gun as he closed.

"WAN! what are you planning?"

Gai punctuated this by dropping below the shots and firing his Hadron Cannons.

"I won't matter when you're dead. GAI!"

Wan rolled left this time as the Hadron Cannons swept past him from behind. Just then the satellite came into range and began transmitting; in less than 10 seconds the needed data was downloaded and the extra equipment tilted upwards. Gai noticed this and finally realized what was going to happen. Wan was planning to use what was basically a large railgun to deliver a tactical weapon.

"WAN!!!"

Gai fired his finger Harkens again as he tried to push past Wan

"What's wrong Gai? You and the gundam team are in my way and I intend to remove you then the Gundam team and then I'll do the same to the DC."

Wan again fired his radiation wave. though, it missed as Gai passed but Wan was ready. The Icer team suddenly attacked from both sides. Their four Slash Harkens all firing at the Gawain in unison; Gai in his rush to the sub had no time to evade. Two pierced the arms and two pierced the legs and then the four machines spread apart pulling the Gawian into a large X and forcing it still.

"Gai... Gai... Gai... I'm sure that you knew your softness would get you killed. that silly goal you hold so precious has been your undoing"

Wan moved past the captive Gawain and raised the Guren's right arm as he readied a radiation wave.

"think on your mistakes... IN THE AFTERLIFE!!!"

"YOU WON'T HARM THEM WAN!"

Two things happened at once; Gai fired his left Hadron Cannon as Wan fired his radiation wave. Rather than attack the Gurren, Gai put all of the remaining Hadrons into an attack on the sub; It struck the railgun's base and destroyed the 'ammunition' inside.

Wan jerked his machine aside as they fired and his shot, rather than landing the clean kill it was meant to, cut through the right side of the Gawain badly damaging the float pack and destroying the right arm.

The forces of the two shots caused the Gawain to jerk free of the Slash Harkens; but at his point it was too late; the damaged float pack was unable to keep the Gawain airborne and was consuming energy at prodigious rate in the attempt.

In a splash the Gawain fell into the ocean sinking like a rock as it's power gave out. the hatch had been damaged by the Radiation wave's cascading effects and as the pressure built. it gave way and cold water rushed in. The Swirling torrent was too much for any man to resist and Gai helpless before the ocean was dragged out of the ruined Gawain...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"What the...?!"

Strike had been relaxing aboard the Ceres' observation deck when he spotted the flash of weapons fire at the edge of the horizon. That was all he needed to see to know that Gai, who had launched earlier, was engaged in battle.

"I suppose that's our cue." He got up sprinted down to the hanger where, luckily, the Delta Gundam was already primed to launch. He climbed up to cockpit, jumped in and primed the machine for take-off.

"This is Strike Zero, launching in Delta!" he signaled before rocketing out of the hanger in waverider mode. Pushing the throttle to the max, he was able to close the distance between the ship and the site of the battle in about five minutes. As he arrived at the scene, he screeched to a halt and transformed the Gundam into mobile suit mode. Taking in his surroundings, he spotted a large submarine with what he immediately recognized as a large rail gun mounted onto its top--though it appeared to be badly damaged--and a group of Knightmare Frames, their apparent leader the Guren Mk.II that belonged to Fandom ace Wan Fey Lo.

Gai, however, was nowhere to be seen.

"Don't tell me that he...!" Strike uttered as he scanned around, finding not even a trace of the Gawain.

No, it couldn't be. He couldn't just be gone...

Strike's gaze eventually came to rest on the enemy Guren. On the man who was without a doubt responsible for this.

Despite the welling anger he felt building at the pit of his gut, Strike still forced out a low chuckle. "Well, you son of a bitch... looks like you finally got him. But now, you've got me to deal with. I just hope you're ready!"

With an vicious jerk of the controls Strike shot several meters into the air up and above the Guren and took aim with his beam rifle, letting loose an unrelenting barrage of beam fire at the crimson machine, now fully intent on scattering the enemy Knightmare across the ocean in multiple pieces.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai could no longer see in pitch black ocean. It seemed all was lost; Gai resigned himself to his fate. One last thought crossed his mind as he slipped into a darkness deeper than that of the surrounding water.

'I hope... they make it...'

Wan Fey Lo

Wan watched as The Gawain sunk deeper and deeper into the Sea. He was pleased; even the Delta's appearance meant nothing now. Wan had regained his Newtype power, nay, he now had even more. As he weaved effortlessly through the beams, which the Icer team had to defend against with their shields, He opened his mind a jabbed outwards with a force even non-newtypes would feel. Daggers of mental energy raced towards the minds of Strike Zero and the far off gundam team.

"Heeheeheehee; It maters not Captain begin retreat."

Wan fired a wave of Radiation Energy at the Delta as the Guren continued to twist and weave.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

Strike's eyes widened and he let out a grunt as a sharp pain suddenly stabbed at his head. He grasped at his temple with one hand and momentarily lost control of his mobile suit. This nearly proved fatal as Wan chose that moment to unleash a burst of Radiation energy from the Guren's claw.

"Crap...!" Strike grabbed the controls again and summersaulted over the wave of energy. The blast managed to singe the Delta's anti-beam coating, but the Gundam otherwise remained undamaged.

The Guren was small--one shot from Strike's beam rifle would take it out. But along with its size came the advantage of it being extremely nimble. Ergo, it wasn't an easy target to hit.

"Oh well..." Strike said, still wincing at the pain that was throbbing through his head. What the hell was that anyway? He continued to fire at the Guren while dodging back and forth in an attempt to make himself harder to hit.

Should've waited for backup before heading out. I just hope the others show up soon..."
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

By this time the Vosgolov had been freed of the now useless railgun. and was preparing to dive. The Icer team was already on board and the two ASHes had been launched to provide cover.

Wan had now begun to pull back himself; acting defensively rather than risking a suicidal battle against the Ceres' entire force. He was Evading the majority of Strike's shots and blocked the two he didn't with a burst from his radiation barrier.

The ASHes suddenly surfaced enough to launch 4 missiles each toward both sides of the Delta Gundam before disappearing again.

Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Dammit! Get back here!" Strike called after the retreating Guren. He had no time to pursue, however, as a pair ASSHs surfaced from below the water and launched a swarm of missiles. Strike reared back and fired over a dozen beam shots at the missiles, managing to shoot them down in a trail of fiery bursts.

He wanted to stop that submarine, but he would first have to shoot down the Guren, something that was proving to be more difficult than Strike originally surmised.

"Not too bad..." Strike murmured as he watched the Guren effortlessly dodge and block his shots. "But, how about this?"

He then put full power into the Delta Gundam's engines, raised his shield, and charged at the enemy Knightmare, aiming to ram and crush the Guren into the sea.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

The Delta charged and Wan reacted. He moved sideways and as the Delta neared used a Wide-Area EMP. At this point two Z'Goks had also launched and were adding their own MegaParticle Cannon fire to the mix.

the only thing the Sub was waiting for was Wan; once he was on board they would disappear as silently as they had come.

Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Sonnuva--!" All at once, the Delta's controls started malfunctioning as Gai detonated some sort of EMP. It was by sheer luck that Strike managed to avoid being hit by the Mega-particle cannons before crashing hard into the water.

It was going to take a few seconds before the controls started working again... and Strike knew by that time it would be too late for him to do anything to stop Wan.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan didn't miss his chance he landed on the Sub and they quickly dived.

An eager ASH Pilot wanted to finish the immobile Delta but Wan and the Captain ordered a withdrawal; lest another Gundam Team member found them. The group slipped away into the dark sea....

Strike Zero

- Strike -

With a rush of engines, Strike finally managed to get the Delta Gundam up and out of the water. He looked around frantically for the Guren... but it too had disappeared along with the submarine.

Now that it was gone, he found that the radar was working again. He performed a scan of the area, searching for something, anything, be it the enemy, or the Gawain.

Nothing. The radar was drawing a complete blank.

Strike's shoulders slumped and he leaned back in his seat. "Goddammit..."
SNT1

--Rachel--

Rachel was already taking off the safety contraptions on her unit, ready to climb down and talk to the folks down low. It's particularly interesting that there is a Sidewinder cargo plane, and a Sidewinder decal-laden ZetaPlus.

"Probably going to be one our main contractors in the coming months or years," one pilot notes. Another agrees.

"Why did you ask if I was dating Zaine?"

"Eh, I thought we already established that you're not and that's that...but you brought it up again... you're jealous, aren't ya?" Rachel quips, "Well, I'll let you think about that," she finally adds as she took of the microphone and got off her Airmaster Burst.

The team were greeted warmly by the officials and ground crew alike. If the Federation here in Asia is right, there would be a battle in the vicinity; too many reports of Fandom and DC operatives heading this way.

----

--Slug--

"Welp, I'm going back to bed," Slug says, yawning.

"You're kidding me, right?" Antonio says, "You don't want to meet the--"

"I'm not so good at selling the goods by talking, 'Tonio. I do it best by kicking ass in the air, and right now I don't see any asskicking opportunities. 'Sides, I'm not a soldier."

"Fine, I'll go out there. Expect a rude awakening when I let them enter your quarters while you're snoozing!"

"MEH," Slug whines.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

"I'm just wondering why you asked, and..." There's no way that I...s*** "...Um..." Ruka's cheeks turned bright red at Rachel's remark when it's meaning hit her. "W-well... I... can we go talk about this someplace else, Miss Rachel?" She asked. Ruka almost tripped but caught her balance before she could fall. She seemingly enjoyed the warm welcome.
Wingnut

- Ceres bridge -

Like in the Delta Gundam, the radar on the ship was now working in that area again, but was only picking up one signal that matched the Delta's signature.

"Strike, this is Ryker. What happened out there, and where are Gai and the Gawain?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

-Hellbore and Sara-

Hellbore and Sara both saw the Gawain take off for some unknown purpose, but both reacted differently. Hellbore saw Tallis standing by where the Gawain had been and moved over toward her. Sara watch the small KMF launch passively and continued walking toward the Falken.
Hellbore climbed up the scaffold Tallis was on and asked, "Wheres he off too?"

Before she could answer, the flashes of weapons fire reached the Ceres. Next they knew Strike was pelting into the hanger and onto the Delta and launched before they knew what was up. This time their reaction was the same. Hellbore glanced at Tallis before vaulting over the railing of the scaffold. Thankfully Gawain was so small, otherwise things would have ended rather quickly.

Hellbore and Sara ran toward their suits and climbed in as fast as they could. Hellbore opened a line to the bridge and asked, "What the hell is going on out there?!" He noticed the new DC pilot was also in the comm. line and nodded to her as a way of greeting.

Sara nodded back, rather uncomfortable having not done anything like this before. She had just gone with her gut and felt like she might be needed. He reached out and gabbed the Ochstan Rifle and set it to a ready position on the rear armour of the Falken.
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine sensed something was amiss when the blind spot on the Huckbein's radar cleared up and only a mobile suit signature was there. Didn't a knightmare launch? He thought to himself. I'll try and figure out what's up. He climbed out of the Huckbein and, upon noticing Tallis, went to where she was. "...Is something wrong, Tallis?" He asked.
Cybaster

-Light Warriors-

"What was that?" Masamune cried out, running back into the hanger just as Hellbore and Sara were climbing into their own machines. Kirie and Black Mage were just as confused as they were, staring out the hanger doors. After running and stopping next to Kirie with a slight skid, he glanced to his left --- and found that Emily still wasn't there. "And where'd that little shrimp go? She should be here for this."

Kirie frowned in disapproval and rolled his eyes at Masamune's description of Emily. "Emily went to look for Lune," Kirie simply said, reinforcing the general belief that Kirie was the sane one amongst the group --- odd given that he was Fighter this time. "It's alright, we shouldn't all pile out there unless Lune's going out in the Valsione as well, anyway. You haven't been here earlier, Masamune, but the Ceres tends to be prone to people sneaking on board and attacking individual members for whatever reason --- Just that mess with Mike and Kitty was enough to deal with at one point."

Masamune nodded, scoffing very slightly at Kirie's defending her. One of these days...

"Pfffft, I'm not standing around here either way. I'll be in the Ashura. Call me if there's anything worth ganking out there --- otherwise if I have to stare at you longer, Fighter, I might give in to the urge to stab your face anyway." Black Mage shrugged, and before Kirie could stop him, Black Mage walked past Kirie and Masamune with a condescending stride and moved towards the Ashura Temple, climbing up and into it. Kirie and Masamune just blinked; Kirie sweatdropped. 'Fighter'? Odd nickname, although Kirie remembered BM mentioning it once; It's fitting for Kirie, but...

After awhile, Kirie looked back into the hanger and corridors and his shoulders sagged at the weight of what he has to bear right now. He'll do it, but it never was easy. Masamune did likewise, biting his lip. "Well, imbecile? Are we going to stand here like a couple of wooden pegs in the middle of a Kyoto road? What do you want me to do, 'Squadron Leader'?"

"No, of course not." Kirie glanced sideways at Masamune in annoyance --- He's really got to cut using that word out someday. "Wait in the Blue Frame for now, Masamune. I'll go look for Emily and Lune and meet up with you and Black Mage later if you need help." Kirie said calmly, rubbing his head a little. "If this is a distraction to sneak someone on board like Pyshtek, Emily might not be able to fend him or her off by herself." Kirie walked forward then and didn't look back as Masamune gave Kirie a mock salute. "Be careful out there, Masamune."

A pause as Masamune found himself in stunned silence; Finally, he nodded.

"You too, Yukimura."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis as of yet had no clue what had gone on out there, no inkling of Gai's fate. She had been unable to respond when Hellbore asked, due to his sudden departure. then Zaine approached.

"To be honest I'm no- AGH"

it was at this time that Wan's Psychic attack hit the Ceres. Many would feel the sting as mental daggers jabbed against their consciousness. Tallis gripped her forehead and waited for the throbbing to subside before finishing.

"I'm not sure. Gai launched to investigate something and it looks like there was some kind of fight."

Omega

Zaine felt the psychic attack, but somehow managed to hide the pain. He knew he wasn't in any condition to fight, but he needed to know what was happening. I'll kill the newtype who threw that cheapshot. He decided to ask Tallis something and wait for an answer before going out to investigate. "Was Gai acting strange before he left?"
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Between being an oldtype and sitting inside Zero's cockpit, Wingnut felt nothing as the wave hit as he was searching for signs of what might be going on out there. Once the jammer dropped, Wingnut could clearly see what was out there. And there was only an angry Strike Zero to be found. Zero also found the submarine that apparently attacked Gai and was now leaving, unfortunately too deep for Zero to effectively fight. Zero didn't press Wingnut to go after it anyway as it didn't see revenge for one pilot worth the risk.
There isn't going to be any need to sortie. The enemy has done what they came to do.

Wingnut's mood turned sour at what the Fandom had just managed to do to them. They had taken down one of the pilots of the Gundam Team and with seemingly little effort in doing so.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Strike, this is Ryker. What happened out there, and where are Gai and the Gawain?"

"Enemy attack by Wan Fey Lo. He and his submarine have already retreated."

Strike paused for several seconds before continuing. "There is no sign of the Gawain, or Gai. I can only imagine... that Wan took him out."

There was nothing more to be done out here. Time to return to the ship. He turned the Gundam around and started a slow, steady flight back towards the Ceres.