TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

((As you may have noticed, I don't have a snappy title for this chapter. I may edit one in later, but having a subtitle is less important right now than keeping threads at a 15 page or so maximum size.))

- Skies over Aidoneus -

The transport aircraft had managed to approach undetected by the Fandom as they were busy with matters concerning the recent attack and thus managed to avoid a fight on the way to the island. It was a good thing too as its cargo was very important to the Gundam team.

It carried various components and spare parts that the team would have gotten from the Federation, but obviously could no longer acquire through normal channels. Fortunately there were spares in various Federation storehouses that had been obtained on the black market by the DC so that they could keep their newest members in business and not have to worry about a lack of spare parts or weapons.

The plane touched down on the only remaining runway big enough for it and taxied over toward the west end of the island to unload its cargo onto the waiting Ceres.
Last edited by Wingnut on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Can't believe I..." Zaine muttered when Tallis opened the container via the release mechanism he missed. Definitely a lot I need to learn. he thought to himself as the container opened, revealing a mostly-assembled machine he didn't recognize. He climbed up and noticed the cockpit was fully assembled at least. “…A core fighter…?” Zaine thought aloud and noticed the torso alone needed to be finished for the machine to be operable. “Sorry, looks like I just added to your troubles…” Zaine said apologetically, trying to figure out what to do with the machine. He heard the engine of a plane coming from outside.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner/Sume Gai

Tallis was slightly disappointed; she had hoped for a full machine but as it was she really wasn't sure what 'it' was.

"Don't worry this thing is technically the DC's anywho so you'd need their permission to use it or assemble it."

Tallis then checked her watch.

"I'm also off the clock starting ten minutes ago; I have somewhere to be."

with that Tallis left; a shower and change of clothes later she entered the simulator to find Gai studying something on a video screen; Before she had a chance to see the looping footage of a small red mech Gai switched it off.

"Good to see you made it, how bout we raise the level a little this time?"

"If you think I can handle it."

With that Gai and Tallis once again climbed into the connected Simulators and took control of two Virtual Jegans
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

After Tallis left, he stepped into the open cockpit, and noticed a disk sitting on one of the Control panels. "What's this...?" Zaine picked up the disk, and read the message on it. "Looks like i've got to pay the DC commander a visit..." he said aloud. Deciding to take the disk with him, (after closing the Container the way Tallis opened it) he asked around and soon found the office belonging to the DC Commander, Bian Zoldark. He knocked since this was his first time at a place like this, hoping for a response
Wingnut

Zaine's knock would go unanswered however as Bian had instructed the hallway guard, who was off taking a leak at the moment, to have anyone with truly urgent business to simply knock and enter, but to otherwise not disturb him while he was meeting with Sara.

The guard would soon return and inform Zaine of this fact.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

After dropping Stellar off at the infirmary, Strike returned to find Wingnut again. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what have you guys been up to lately? This doesn't seem like a Federation base... where the hell are we, anyway?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

A voice came from behind Strike to answer the question

"this is Aidoneus Island the Divine Crusaders Headquarters."

Alex had, once Apollo set to work, come to observe the Gundam team. Emily's behavior had made him curious or, at least, the closest an emotionally suppressed Cyborg could be to curious.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

"And a lot has happened since you left on your little trip."
Wingnut then began filling him in on what all had transpired between the time he left and now from the Suez battle to the decision to join the DC, to rescuing Lune at Point Alpha, to Radachi literally losing his head, to the battle that somehow brought him to Aidoneus as well.

"So just how did you get down here anyway, and where'd you get the Hyaku Shiki knockoff?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

Strike's head was left spinning, trying to absorb everything Wingnut had told him. "Wow... that's... wow..."

He proceeded to relate to Wingnut the details of what happened after he and Stellar left the Osprey, their discovery of Zephyr's secret base, the encounter with the Dark Star Knight and their subsequent entrapment and escape, then their encounter with the Thanatos and Leon Bolt, and their extended period in the ship's brig.

"During the battle, we managed to escape. We made our way to the hanger where we found the Delta Gundam and were about to use it to get away from the ship, when Leon interrupted. We had a big fight, and he nearly killed Stellar... but in the end, it was I who did him in."

Strike paused, remembering the scene of Leon's body laying on the hanger floor. "Anyway, after that, I finished stealing the Gundam and made my way here. And that's that."
Last edited by Strike Zero on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

-Masamune-

Undetected and like a literal brief ripple in the air, Date Masamune managed to get into the DC's main base in Aidoneus Island with relatively little trouble thanks to the Mirage Colloid that Ishikawa gave him for that special purpose, hiding himself behind some crates overlooking the preparations for the Gundam Team where the Ceres is parked. Masamune inwardly snorted; The Gundam Team was moving out somewhere, and while the thought had occurred to Masamune that he could sneak onto the Ceres and escape Aidoneus Island that way, his pride would not allow it. Forcing himself to move on, he soon passed Tallis and Zaine apparently opening some kind of locked crate, and had eventually snuck himself deeper into the recesses of the DC base.

He was here for Bian and he was not leaving without killing him.

Masamune timed himself and frowned mentally; It's been 20 minutes, meaning that Masamune would have to finish Bian off and stow away onto the Ceres in 40...if Masamune hoped to live. He shook his head, moving past a cross-junction stealthily; Somehow, Masamune realized, it didn't matter if Masamune didn't escape. As long as he could take the leader of the DC with him, he would be sated.

So why doesn't Masamune feel any remorse? The Masamune that had Zero's help would never be reckless like that --- sure, victory at any cost, but self-preservation came first, Zero would normally tell him...up until the part when it just gave up on him. Maybe that was the old Masamune's feelings, when he was just a retainer, an heir eager to prove himself worthy of the Samurai's honor---

Not now, Masamune clenched his fists. Not now. Keeping quiet, Masamune tiptoed and snuck his way further down a corridor, briefly ducking into an empty uniform storage room, and re-emerging from it to continue down once the coast was clear. The Samurai, unseen, unheard and undetected, then proceeded deeper in, towards the quarters where one Bian Zoldark would be waiting for the final confrontation between him and Date Masamune.

-Emily and Black Mage-

"You what!?"

Strike was quickly greeted by a blue-cloaked, large brimmed hat-wearing Black Mage with only two yellow dots for a face who proceeded to grab Strike's shoulders and, literally, shake him. Repeatedly.

Emily, still next to Lune and Wingnut, continued rubbing her forehead in ebbing pain from headbutting BM earlier.

"You actually killed pretty boy off? For real? The guy's like a literal boy scout, y'know, there's always more of him. Are you sure you killed him off?" All that time as BM asked, until Strike answered, Black Mage kept shaking him...and finally let go, blinking in disbelief and taking a step back. For awhile, Black Mage said nothing.

And then he blurred forward and slapped Strike on the back.

"Pretty boy got what was coming to him! If you made sure to incinerate him and then Gust of Wind on his remains, you get extra Awesome points." Black Mage cooed gleefully. "Hahaha, this is the best day of my life after all! Good job!" ^^

-Kirie-

...Something's not right.

Some would call Kirie Morgan a worrywort at times, and for good reason; Even though he was not a Newtype or Coordinator, Kirie often had bad feelings about things that proved founded, to an extent, and his warriors' instinct was more honed than most which made Kirie so talented as a Mobile Suit melee pilot. However, as most of the time Kirie didn't seem extraordinary in any single way, his bad feelings were often ignored or forgotten, and Kirie had since learned to keep them to himself.

But he could've sworn there was a ripple in the air in the cross-junction in front of him, just as Kirie was emerging from a debriefing for non-combatants in the previous battle. And...

Suddenly feeling his blood boil at something, Kirie sauntered forward into the junction...Right? Kirie turned. Nothing. What did...was it his imagination? It can't be. I felt something...

Kirie looked around again. Nothing.

But Kirie's blood could sense it. Murderous intent...? But from where?

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, controlling his breathing, Kirie let his instinct guide him and, with steady, careful steps, he walked into another corridor in search of that elusive malicious feeling nearby.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao and his team were now supposed to be heading back to the Hawaii Fandom base. Having suffered three defeats straight, Mao was not at his highest state of thinking. He was mindlessly flying straight into nowhere. It was quiet between the four crafts that were battered and out of ammo."Sir..We're heading in the wrong direction.." Kyon was not hesitant in saying so.

Mao snapped out of his blankness."Oh. Of course. Okay change our direction and head straight for Hawaii, We dont wanna die from an empty tank." He let out an empty laugh and changed direction.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
SNT1

--Slug--

Antonio is sitting with his wife and friend Slug, and debriefs him on the current events. He explains everything, about the effects of the Gundam Team's defection, and the massive Fandom offensive at the heart of the Divine Crusaders that ultimately failed because of the Gundam Team's more potent sheer brute power.

"And that's just mostly the Gundam team along with some DC Modules," Antonio finishes.

Slug, just drinking his coffee, takes in all of the information. He does not seem worried or overconfident. It has nothing to do with him, right? Until Antonio drops the bomb, anyways.

"The Fandom... is gaining influence here in Japan, southwest of our Tokyo base." Slug looks up at this, and stops his drinking. "Go on..."

Antonio continues, "And we have unconfirmed rumors of the Gundam Team heading here as well. Possibly China..."

"That's interesting," Slug deadpans. "Do we get front seat tickets?"

"Heh, well, while we would rather have DC beat Fandom in this scenario if this happens, I'm thinking we can't have a SEED DESTINY team effin' s*** up and think they're tough s***. At least, that's how the officials here are thinking. I agree with em."

Slug looks around outside the base, and comes back. "Ok, Aside from my ZetaPlus, we have, like, only 12 other A1s and C1s outside. Don't think those stand a chance against the likes of the Gundam team or whatever Fandom could throw at us. Unless we can convert them all into CX2's..."

"Out of the question Slugs. We simply have no time. We are supposed to be getting reinforcements from Nellis and possibly New York, though I wouldn't hold my breath for the latter."

"So, what's the course of action?"

"Here's what the base decided: If the Gundam team does come over here, they'll be targeting the Fandom first. We'll wait out their battle, and at the precise moment we will be doing bombing runs south, if fandom gets weakened. Federation can't have Fandom just taking slices of land.

"If not, then we head to China. But we can't afford to take the Ceres head on, not right now, regardless of their destination. If anything, we want to take advantage of a Fandom weakening, and stay the hell away from the Gundam team. For now."

"Sounds like a plan," Slug says, while he slumps on the chair. he is possibly the leader of this squad if it comes down to that.

---------

--Rachel--
--crossing Alaska, towards Japan--

"New information Captain Anne. We are in a wait and see mode, we will try to see what the Gundam Team does, and we will react accordingly."

"Sir!" Rachel salutes. With her legs lazily on the cockpit dashboard, she traverses the north with nine other Airmasters with her, six of which are the local "Dusk Raiders" from Nellis.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
hellbore

-Sara-

Sara could hardly believe her ears, join the Divine Crusaders? The idea was... Suddenly Jacob came into her mind. Images of him when they first met, to just now when she saw the real him. She placed together all the behaviour and realised this is what he had been so withdrawn about. She saw he was protecting her. She finally understood.

"Mr. Zoldark, I accept your offer. I join the Divine Crusaders to protect what's important to me. So we can have a better tomorrow." She stood and gave Bian her best salute, which was laughably inept, but her earnestness made it deeply symbolic.

-Hellbore-

Hellbore had finished bothering the cooks on the Ceres and had left to wander around the docks. He had been looking around for a while and found himself near the medical ward. What he found caused him to choke on the toast he'd been nibbling on.

"Strike!!," he yelled running up to the long missing pilot, "Mate, when'd you get back." He thumped the other man on the back. Perhaps a little harder than was strictly necessary. He looked around. "Hey was where's Stellar?"
Omega

-Zaine-

He backed away quietly as to avoid trouble from the guards coming back.
Footsteps made themselves apparent, but Zaine chose to ignore them, knowing he wasn't really in any condition to fight. So he waited for a chance to meet the DC Commander.
Volnixshin

Bio's ship halled pulled into port last night. Supplies were being unloaded. Soon the Fandom woukd hit the coast and Bio and Otto would travel northeast to greet them. Otto had been working on some armor for Bio, nothing to serious, but it was going to be a great help in the upcoming attacks.
Otherwise the island wasn't so big, statues were everywhere, and Bio found it was a great place to work on his fighting tactics. Bio had a few nights to rest, but this upcoming trip might be more than he expected, so he never rested unless nesecarry. Somewhere out there lay the enemy.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Strike Zero

As the hatted man slapped Strike on the back, Strike sudden felt a very strange feeling stir at the pit of his stomach. He took a few steps back from the unusual figure.

The feeling still didn't go away, and it wasn't just because this man seemed to be overjoyed at the fact of Leon's death. Strike could feel something else... an aura, for lack of a better word. An overpowering sensation that caused his stomach to churn... and the scent of blood to tingle at the back of his throat.

It was a sensation that reminded Strike of him... the man that had called himself Zephyr.

Hellbore's greeting as he entered into the hanger went unnoticed. All of Strike's attention was focused this strangely-dressed man in front of him. He took another step back. "Who... are you?"
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex once again saw his chance to provide helpful information.

"This is Black Mage, formerly a fandom Dark Star knight; currently acting independently on behalf of the DC. noted as extremely dangerous as well as reveling in acts of destruction."

Zangetsu

Zangetsu walked up after waking in his room. Eventually he found the other pilots gathered around.................Strike? He ran over as fast as he could. "Strike? Is that really you?" he asked as a wide grin came on his face. "Well it's about time you got here. What happened to you?" Zangetsu looked around and finnaly noticed. "Strike where is Stellar?"
Strike Zero

Several facts clicked into place at once. If this man, Black Mage, really had been a Dark Star Knight, that means he would have known Leon well, and his being overjoyed at the news of his death served to indicate that the two had certainly not been friendly with one another. The strange aura Strike felt could also be explained if Black Mage was the type of man who got his jollies when fighting on the battlefield. A Blood Knight, if you would.

This did not help to quell Strike's unease.

But... he decided he would accept it for now.

At that moment, Zangetsu came running up, asking about Stellar. "Oh... she's in the infirmary. She got a little injured during our fight with Leon. You can go see her if you want--it might make her happy."

He turned to face Black Mage again. "If you were once a Dark Star Knight, then perhaps you can tell me something..." Strike paused. "Do you happen to know anything about a man named Zephyr?"
Cybaster

(I'll wait for S0 to answer a few things before posting for BM.)

-Masamune-

A single door guard? Masamune blinked, hiding behind a corner overlooking Bian's office, his eye peering quizzically ahead at the one door between him and his opponent. The Mirage Colloid System had half-run out by now, and it was not going to last Masamune the way out if he dallied --- but this seemed rather odd for the office of the leader of the Divine Crusaders. Seems a little odd...I was expecting two, at least. Imbecile...

Then again, this was Bian Zoldark, and here on Aidoneus Island he probably wasn't expecting anyone to be able to get this far into the base, anyway --- even the DC leader was probably suffering from a bit of ego. If that was the case, at least Masamune and Bian had something in common here, but---

Bringing his mind back to the task, Masamune inwardly frowned and, at his quietest, walked up to the single doorway guard cautiously, drawing his pistol; Once he was close enough, Masamune lunged forward with precise, honed movements, one hand cupping around the guard's mouth and the other, holding the pistol, butting the hilt end against the guard's temple. Once was all Masamune needed, and soundlessly the now-unconscious guard slumped down, gently helped down onto the ground and along the wall.

Behind the door, Masamune could hear a man and a woman conversing, the woman getting up to leave after awhile. From the scattered tidbits of conversation he could hear from the woman, the man had to be Bian, then.

This was it, Masamune realized, staring at the closed doors. There was nobody else behind him for now; behind that door was Bian himself. Pausing, Masamune took a small breath to compose himself, thinking of what came next; All Masamune had to do now was wait for the woman to open the door, push her aside, fire twice at Bian, and run. That was all there was to it; Unless Bian was superhuman not even he could survive an armor-piercing round through the head, and with the Mirage Colloid on Bian would never, ever see it coming. Masamune paused, raising his pistol, and readied himself.

To his dismay, at that moment, Masamune found that he couldn't bring himself to do that --- he wanted Bian to see Masamune coming before Masamune shot him dead with the pistol...And moreso, Masamune wanted Bian to have a fair chance to fight back, man-to-man, Bian armed and shooting back at him, Masamune finally killing him in satisfaction in even combat.

Why was this?

This was not what Masamune had initially set out to do...but Masamune shook his head, closing his eye shut, and found himself unable to deviate from what he expected of the encounter. And as Masamune tried to ponder some kind of compromise that balanced his ego --- was it really ego? It had to be --- with efficiency, his time ran out. On the other end of the room, Sara Klein opened the doors. At that point, Masamune sneered --- out loud, cursing his lack of options. He realized there was no turning back now, and his ego won.

Suddenly, Masamune pushed out both hands and, with all the force in his body, shoved Sara aside and back into the room. He then stepped into it himself and, as he then hurriedly punched the console next to him and closed the door behind Masamune, his ego(?) did the next thing for him before Masamune could react; His hand went to the vest and turned off the Mirage Colloid System, revealing his form, loud and clear, to Bian Zoldark himself. Too late now. No regrets, Masamune. Masamune found that he indeed felt none, oddly enough.

"Bian Zoldark, Commander of the Divine Crusaders..." Masamune cooed, taking a few steps to the side to move away from Sara and levelling his Victorian-era pistol at the DC commander. "I am Date Masamune, the Daimyo of Aizu and formerly of the Fandom. It's an honor to finally meet you face-to-face..."

That last sentence surprised the boy as Masamune squared off against Bian. Honor...when had Masamune known honor last?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!