TARRRPG Chapter 8: Island Oasis (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

While the various Techs were (with expected confusion) trying to figure out what was going on a curious someone approached and asked what was happening.

Tallis was the one who answered

"to be honest we're not entirely sure; it seems someone we know, or knew, has found himself turned into some kind of AI like entity"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

"Uh... i take it you need a Psycommu System for that someone you knew?" Zaine had asked, then followed," Ah where are my manners today? I'm Zaine, Zaine Kamiya. and you are...?" Zaine had asked.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu opened a conpartment behind his pilot seat in the Sonicscream. "Ah, here it is Zaraki's mobile suit interface. With this he can interface with this new suit and helop me control my newtype powers more." he said as he grabbed the part and jumped out. He found a few techs and got them to go with him to the junkyard. 'It's time to build me a new gundam.' he thought.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had been distracted by Zwaine and almost missed Zangetsu thankfully she saw him before he got out of hanger and yelled after him.

"HEY ZANGETSU~~~ COULD YOU COME HERE FOR A SECOND?"

turning back to Zwaine she said

"nice to meet you Zwaine I'm Tallis and I'm a mechanic here and yes e did ask for a psycommu."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

"My apologies. it seems you're busy." was all Zaine said, before leaving the ship to go explore the island.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu stopped and motioned for the techs to continue on and start working. He walked back to Tallis, still klutching Zaraki's interface. "Yes, Tallis. Is there something you needed?"
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Well it's a little hard to explain but well..."

Tallis motioned to the console where Michael's text messages were displayed

"... It seems Michael may not be as gone as we thought."

Zangetsu

"Huh what do you mean?" asked Zangetsu then he saw the message. "So this other Mike was mad and now he wants me to be a lie ditector. Well I glad to know you think so highly of my opinion." he said to the computer. "Go ahead say what you want to say. I'll gve you my opinion after you've finished."
Omega

((Zaine's going where you were a little while ago, Zangetsu.))

Remembering Tallis' words, he soon found himself at a junkyard of sorts. after talking to the guard and gaining permission to enter, he started looking for a Psycommu system, or at least a Psycommu equipped MS, which didn't take long. "A Psycommu MS... That should help Tallis." he double checked the unit to see if it was still fairly operational, which it was, and headed back towards the entrance to negotiate with the guard over the suit.
The Big Zabowski

Michael

Ugh, what the hell else am I supposed to do? You were there when I first came here; we came at the same time dolt. Anywho, the jist of it was that the dude I fused with on the Liberator ended up being some sort of cyborg with an inferiority complex..a BIG one. Hence why he went all out on Pyshtek.

And those Fandom pilots..

I had no other choice, I wasn't going to let him run off with the Bawoo to wreak havoc with the Whysp drive..and me locked in this black box. Had to stop him somehow; so I just gave him a really bad denial of service virus. Hence why his head burst.

Listen, I know I've been kind of a dick and all the past oh..year or so while we've been here, but I had my reasons. Namely saving yours and Emily's asses from the Federation crackpots that tinkered with Mikhail. Heck, if you want to delve in it, he was pretty kosher UNTIL they screwed with him..

We agreed that getting the Gundam team out of the Federation would be out prime mission, as serving the feds obviously wasn't in the teams best interest any longer. So, we ALMOST made it to Gibraltar, but ran into Kayla and her gang. Me being the rosy idealistic kind..decided to hand over the orders while Mikhail banged his head on the wall. Needless to say that's when our paths started to stray.

He was the one that fired on Leon, and the Fandom. He wanted to protect and rule over the newtypes as some kind of savior. At first at least. That soon got twisted into "Hey, I'm the bitchingest thing out there, stronger than Pyshtek..I can rule EVERYONE!"

So, that's when things got hairy, and he decided that he could do everything himself. He even forgot that the Whysp drive wouldn't even function without KITAI. But somehow he was able to fly the thing, and knowing tha,we had to stop him. KITAI and myself ran the virus into the ports in his head..and plooie.

Problem is, that when his head went plooie..so did mine. With him dead, I have no physical body. Hence the dilemma. I don't think the Bawoo can fit into the cafeteria..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

"Hmmm, thats quite a story. An almost unbeliveable onebut, only almost. Welcome back to the team." he said to Mike. "So what is your plan for getting out of their?"
Omega

Leaving a pendant with the guard, Zaine activated the machine and took it back to the Ceres. nearing the Hangar where it was docked, a strange, bad odor made itself apparent. "Damn... what's that smell?" he decided to wait outside the hangar where the ship was and let the suit air out. "Once the smell's gone, i'll take it to the hangar... i'll at least let tallis know i have a Psycommu for her friend." Zaine thought to himself as he returned to the ship's hangar. "Excuse me, Ms. Tallis?" Zaine asked to get her attention and added, "I have a psycommu system for your old friend." then he waited for a response.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"thanks Zwaine; Did you hear that Mike? We have a Psycommu now we just need to know what you want us to do with it?"

The Big Zabowski

Michael

Good question. Unless you can find me Noonien Soong, I'm screwed. So yeah, I got nothing.

There was a pause..

Psychomu? Well, I wanted to hook Zangetsu up to it and have him confirm my alibi using empathic reading. I want this to be rock hard, air tight. Especially after what Mikhail did and how Ryker and Wingnut view him, and thus me.

You okay with that, Zangetsu?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

"Thats fine with me I need to get used to the Psycommu anyways." Zangetsu said. "Go ahead and hook me up Tallis."
Omega

"i'll go bring it in..." Zaine said as he ran off, and a few minutes later returned with the MS. "Just one thing... is hooking someone up to it safe?"
He asked after getting out and onto the ground.
Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

The Jeep carrying the Red Eagle and Wan drove up the ramp and into the Thanatos's hanger where an armed guard then took them through the ship to see Leon.
The door to his office opened and Charles was first to speak. "I do believe you had something on your mind that you wanted to share with me."

- Wingnut -

Once again Wingnut found himself in the isolated hanger where the Wing Zero was kept. This time he was able to get into the cockpit and could feel the Zero as if it were another mind in there with him. So it is a form of AI. Good.
For some time Wingnut just sat in the cockpit getting to know the Wing Zero. He consented to one simulated engagement only as he knew such things were pointless when working with a machine like this and used it to familiarize himself with the Gundam more than anything else.

Wingnut had always wondered about the totally dark monitor screen that surrounded him and soon found out that it was indeed to eliminate distractions, but it only seemed totally dark to those that were not the pilot.
If he wanted to, Wingnut could easily see the whole of the hanger as if he were looking through a conventional cockpit display, or even what was beyond it in other parts of the base.
It was a totally new sensation.
Gotta stay calm and in control of my emotions. You'll end up driving me over the edge if I don't, Zero. A feeling that some might say was the wind talking swept through Wingnut at that thought. Almost as if Wing Zero was agreeing with him.

Wingnut opened a external comm line to those outside. "I'd like to take this out for a spin if I may. Data and simulations are only going to get us so far and I want to get a better feel for this suit."
The technicians were extremely hesitant about letting him go out as the only other time they had done so with anyone, he nearly fired on the base himself in a delusion. However, they did relent and doors were opened to the outside and Wingnut powered up the Wing Zero for real.
Time to spread our wings and leave our mark on this world, Zero.
Out of the bay and up the tunnel he went as once again the Wing Zero took to the skies over Aidoneus Island.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Black Mage-

The Flicker had returned to Aidoneus Island to the sight of the Ceres and its crew taking their sights of DC Headquarters. Black Mage's yellow-dotted eyes blinked. So they really did...? Well, of course they did, Black Mage frowned bitterly, hammering the Flicker's control dashboard once with his fist. They're still alive. That's the only way they'd be permitted to land on the island, anyway, Bian isn't stupid...

In the distance, Black Mage caught sight of something taking off, into the skies, and flying around. He blinked and glared in jealousy as he recognized the machine, moreso since that thing had a deadly cannon while BM was now stuck without one. The Wing Zero. Black Mage snorted. I swear, if that guy starts stealing my kills...

Ignoring the Ceres, Black Mage turned the Flicker around, flying above the landing pad, towards a cliff where a hanger was built into it; After lining the hoverbike up, Black Mage pulled the Flicker into it and touched down, letting himself deliberately be jarred by the force of the landing. It's not like he cared about the Flicker anymore; What good was it without the L-Gaim?

Stupid pretty boy Leon. I hope you get devoured by an acid-breathing shark or...something...

"Ah, Lieutenant," A random mook mechanic that Black Mage knew would have no significant effect on the story if BM roasted him walked up to the Flicker as Black Mage slid himself off of the bike. The thought occurred to him, yes, but Black Mage was too lazy right now. "I trust everything is well?"

The response from Black Mage was a very notable ._..

"What are you, retarded!? Compare what I left in to what I'm coming back in. Does *this* look like everything went well to you or has this world hardwired you to ask this question every time someone starts a conversation with you?" Black Mage ranted, raising a hand quizzically. The mechanic's expression didn't change visibly.

"Ah, yes, I'm sorry, sir." Good grief, BM rubbed his hat, sweatdropping. At least he wasn't saying 'Welcome to Corneria' repeatedly every time I said something to him. "Have you been injured?"

Rookie. "No, no, and no." Black Mage sneered. "Unless you want me to knife you in the head, why don't you find me a replacement machine?"

"Yes, yes, of course, sir." The mechanic pursed his lip and followed Black Mage as he walked further into the hanger. Various armored modules lined the left side of the hanger wall, mostly Lions. "We can try to get a replacement L-Gaim for you, but it's going to take quite a bit of time to build it from scratch. In the meantime, I think we have another Heavy Metal you can use until then. Over there."

Black Mage leaned forward and blinked at where the mechanic was pointing, one of the machines lined up against the left wall; It was red and salmon pink, more reminiscent of something that Char Aznable would pilot rather than a DC machine, with giant shoulders and what looked like satellish dish-like binders hanging out front from the back.

At the sight, BM promptly ._.'d again. "What...what is that?"

"Oh, that's the Ashura Temple, an A-Class Heavy Metal. It may not have the L-Gaim's Buster Launcher, but the two binders house an actual anti-Beam field that gives it better defence, in addition to the standard Beam Coating on Heavy Metals. Plus, it has an Energy Bomber hidden underneath the shoulder plating that should be useful against Valkyries. The rest of the armaments are pretty standard. Is something wrong, sir?"

Black Mage stared, pointing at it with disbelieving outstretched hands. o_O "Oh, absolutely nothing except that it's painted in Red Eagle colors, which makes me want to gank a kitten every time I see it. That, and no Hadoken!? What am I supposed to do my mass-destruction with now?"

The mechanic took a step back from Black Mage and visibly sweatdropped, eyebrows twitching. "W-well, yes, I u-understand that, but please, sir, b-be patient until we can get the replacement L-Gaim for you. We're d-doing everything we can."

Black Mage dismissed him with a wave of his hand, crossed his arms, and sighed angrily. "Haets the color scheme, but I'll have to deal with it until I get my Hadoken back...many sighs and tribulations..."
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

Walking into a really odd scene the DC pilot looked as everyone was doing something with a psycommu system. This wasn't something you saw everyday...

"You do know that messing with technology like that is dangerous right?" He asked rather curious about what was going on here. He flicked his visor on and started to review security systems for this area and went through the previous few minutes. What the hell happened here? It was like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

"I suggest you wait until we find something with experience in this sort of thing..." Did that even exist? How many personalities get trapped inside an AI? "Cause hooking him up to a system like that might cause more trouble... Worst case senerio you could wipe his data out by accident." He offered his opinion knowing they probably wouldn't care what he thought.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

Zaine heard the remark. "Do you know anyone that does?" was his reply, a hint of concern in his voice.