TARRRPG Chapter 8: Island Oasis (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 8: Island Oasis (Earth)

It did not take long for the Ceres to land and dock at the assigned bay.
Personnel below began securing the ship to the dock, and armed boarding parties moved in to make sure the interior was secure and free of any traps that may be present in case Ryker's words proved to be false.
They wouldn't find anything of course, but it was still a prudent action to take when the Federation's top of the line battleship comes knocking on your door out of the blue and says they want to join you.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Upon arriving at Aidoneus Island, Alex, bringing Kylern with him, disembarked and returned to DC HQ.

He saw that Kylern was taken to his roomand then went to make a report to Dr. Zoldark.

Sume Gai

Gai along with the rest of the Ceres pilots was forced to stay aboard the Ceres...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore had been standing apart from the others as the weirdness took over again. He often stood apart from groups in order to assess the general dynamic. He could fit himself in better that way. He had always been awkward in social situations and this made it easier.

He turned and looked up at the damaged Freedom Gundam. What was he doing here. He was no pilot, whatever his new found skills were. He sighed and turned back to watch the antics continue. At least he was kept entertained.

-Sara-

Sara's unconsciousness laspsed not during the battle but when the engines of the Vela powered down as it reached dock in Aidoneus. She opened her eyes and looked around. Where am I. What happene... Her eyes widened in shock as she remember the moment the cockpit exploded around her. She tried to get up , but was brought up short by restraints she hadn't noticed before. Only her head was free. She turned her head to the left. A wall. To the right... she was shocked for the second time in as many minutes.

Jacob lay there hooked to a large number of life support apparatus, beeping and whirring. Most shocking off all was the large cuts on his body which revealed the mostly mechanical nature of the test pilot. Tears formed in her eyes and she found herself unable to look at him any longer. She squeezed her eyes shut and turned away.
Kylern

Kylern was taken back to his dorm on the base and he was laid there sleeping like a baby. Nothing to much to that since he had exhausted himself in more way than one.

The TEMJIN was taken from the Ceres though and brought into a DC weapon development where they began work on it. Instead of just repairing it they were attempting to recreate it to better complement the pilot. It would take awhile though before there were any fruits of their labor since they had a lot of work to do.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan's transport landed at the Hawaii base. He had made sure to correct the Akatsuki pilots. They could have easily guarded yet they failed to do so.

Thankfully they had begun limited production of KMFs so replacing the damaged ones would be easy enough. However the engagement had proven something to Wan; he started up a computer and, after making several modifications to a file on a disc, Headed to meet the Red Comet.

This time things would be more interesting.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

- Bian's office (Wingnut POV) -

Ryker had been taken to Bian to discuss the future of the Ceres and her crew, and Wingnut had been allowed to join them.

Wingnut was getting a little jumpy when Bian finally entered the room.

"Welcome to Aidoneus Island. I am Bian Zoldark." He extended a hand which Ryker then took and introduced himself as well.
No wonder this guy managed to pull off what he has, both here and in OG1. I can practically feel whatever it is about this guy that makes him what he is, and I just met him.

"And this is Wingnut, our mobile unit leader." said Ryker as he made the introduction for Wingnut as well which snapped the pilot out of his thoughts.

"You're not from 'around here', are you?" asked Bian.
"No, sir. I'm not. There are several more like me on the Ceres as well and I imagine you have at least one other around here yourself."
Bian said nothing, but the look in his eye conveyed his understanding of what Wingnut meant.

Turning back to Ryker, Bian asked "I am understandably curious why the Federation's top warship and crew would want to suddenly defect over to my side."

Ryker nodded. "There are several reasons, most of which concern the treatment of our pilots. Federal order A-1141 for example, as well as drastic experiments on one of our pilots that eventually lead to his death.
These are things that we never expected the Federation to do and while I can understand their motives, their methods are far too drastic and at least in our case, are doing more harm than good."

"How can I be sure that you will not turn on us if things go down a similar path while you're here?" Bian asked.

"Because they're not like that, Dad."

The three men in the room all turned their heads toward Lune, who had somehow gotten into the room without anyone knowing.
"These people went well out of their way to save me when they could have easily looked the other way. They're an honorable bunch of people if ever there was one that have been used as tools of war up until now. Most of the pilots just want to know what it is they're supposed to do in this world, or simply to just go home. They're not soldiers, but they're better than most that I've met. I guess that's why the Federation wanted to use them like they have."

"Lune..." Wingnut muttered, quite touched by her standing up for the Ceres and her pilots.

Bian seemed suitably impressed. "Congratulations. You've either just gotten the best recommendation possible, or done the impossible and brainwash my daughter."

Both Ryker and Wingnut were relieved that Bian had believed them that their desire to join was genuine.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to have some help repairing my ship and mobile weapons. We're all a bit worn out from all the fighting we've had to do." said Ryker.

"Of course." Bian replied. "I'll see that they are taken care of."

- Ceres -

"Attention all hands." came the voice of the officer in charge while Ryker and Wingnut were off the ship.
"This ship and her crew are now officially members of the Divine Crusaders. As such we will be getting supplies and repairs from them soon. Plans are also being made to allow shore leave for all crew and pilots. Stop by the mess hall to see when you are scheduled to go ashore. That is all."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Emily-

And behind Lune was Emily, who had done her best to show her the parts of the Ceres that either weren't completely boring or messed-up from the previous arcs, especially the one involving Pyshtek. Which was a task that had Emily's work cut out for her --- until she got to the Video Library which, fortunately, for Emily and Lune, had a pretty big collection of Jidaigeki.

It was to Emily's surprise that Lune was a fan of Jidaigeki, not that Emily even knew what that was --- Japanese historical drama --- until now, anyway.

So after time browsing through the collection and deciding on a few episodes of Fuurin Kazan (Gackt made a pretty good Uesugi Kenshin, Emily decided), the rest of the trip to Aidoneus Island was rather uneventful...until now, when Emily was about to wave to Lune's father, Bian. Instead, upon the first sight of Bian Zoldark, Emily blinked and stared momentarily in awe.

This was the very first 30th Level Epic Character Emily's ever seen in her life. Sublime Way Marshal with Leadership and Epic Leadership...

After awhile, by the time Lune finished her recommendation, Emily snapped out of it and shook her head quickly, realizing that she was staring. When Wingnut and Bian were finished talking, Emily finally walked forward, waved, and smiled warmly at Bian as she held out her hand in greeting. "Hello, Mr. Zoldark! I'm Emily," Emily greeted, being her best to be polite without going off on a tangent about Epic Level builds. "It's an honor to meet you. Miss Lune's told me quite a bit of nice things about you."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-DC Research Center-

Once again we return to the eccentric Doctor/scientist that had been placed in charge of the otherworlder known as Kylern. He was overlooking data sent in from the California and Pacific battles from both the TEMJIN and the mobile AI. And of course he was very interested in the progress his subject had made since first arriving here.

"It seems that despite the flawed cross over he has developed a very advantages connection with his counterparts in this universe. In a sort of parasitic relationship it seems the subject can draw psychic energy as well as traits and memories from his counterparts. This could prove dangerous to the Federation pilot in the future should Kylern draw too much energy. I think I need to implement extra safeguards into the TEMJIN to prevent further assimilation." The man clicked the recorder off and set back to work. On his list of things to do was upgrade the Neural Defense Device as well as the mobile AI to better complement the new 747.

The 747 was data they had found from the universe the mech was originally from and it seemed the A8 was an unlockable Virtualoid in the Marz games. They decided to use it as the base and augment it with several DC additions. Quickly the found that this version of the TEMJIN would complement their subject better than the 707 A3 for various reasons. It was also more efficient in its energy usable and the weapons would be finer in detail. The biggest advantage though would be in defense... the 747 was just built stronger and with the break field it would be able to take more punishment with Kylern's impulsive combat style. They would name this unit not the White Knight but the Archon.

With the arrival of the Federation Gundam's and Newtypes he figured it was in their best interest to keep their own special pilots at the top of their game. Hopefully they could do some work on Alex's unit as well in order to reflect the Cyborg's growth in ability as well.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex waited outside Dr. Zoldark's office a quiet and stiff sentry. He had given a short report on the events before Bian met with Ryker but Alex still had various things to speak with the commander about. Things that he for some reason would not trust anyone with save Dr. Zoldark.

The Twins

after several tests the higher ups in the federation had an inkling as to the tactical value of the two Cyborgs. They were completely loyal; they could easily keep up with any of the Gundam Team's members (based on the last updated data) and their mechs were theoretically better than VF- 11's.

With he fall of the Trinary; they would be sent to space where they could prove themselves in real combat. their response was a simultaneous and robotic

"Yes Sir."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega

(Finally, Zaine can leave the Ceres brig.)

It was the officer who knocked him out earlier. "You're free to go. we've reached our destination." was all the guard said before unlocking the door to his cell. "Wait... isn't this a Federation ship? i'm guessing from the Scenery through there that this place is Divine Crusader HQ..." he wondered aloud and the officer responded, "We've defected to the DC is why you're being released." The officer and guard left as Zaine decided he'd meet the commander and tell him about his current situation concerning the Exia and warn him about a Gold Mobile Weapon. " ...I'll meet him at the bridge." he then went to the bridge (earning glares from some of the crew members going about their business) and decided to ask where the Commander was. "Um... Where's the commander of this ship? i really need to talk to him..."
Volnixshin

Bio dropped out of the sky and brought down his shield, surfing the wind currents. Otto leapt from behind him and used two Zaku shields as ski's through the air. Their awaiting ship transport was two miles down, so they had sometime to fool around. Bio slid on the thermals downwards towards a huge white cloud, dissapearing withen. Otto followed. The cloud was blinding, but suddenly Bio came surfing upwards both axes drawn. Otto whipped out two heat axes and attached them to his upper manips, clashing with Bio. Bio whipped his legs up to attack Otto's legs with his shield, but Otto's lower manips caught the shield, allowing Otto's free hands to grasp Bio's cloak and swirl it around him real fast, sending Bio spinning rapidly downwards. Otto broke away and charged Bio. Bio couldn't see anything but black until he jammed his thrusters to maximum, and rocketed upwards, his cloak streaming behind him. He holstered his axes in his shield then, strapped it back to his back and grappled Otto. Otto grappled Bio with his hands, the four manips grabbing his shoulder spikes and legs. They twirled as they fell, below them their awaiting ship came into view. Otto broke away and thrusted upwards to slow his decsent. Bio did the same but about two hundred feet up curled into a ball and dropped into the ocean. Otto landed safley on the deck. Bio swam to the surface with his powerful arms and stroked to the ship. He grabbed the upper deck, leaning the ship slightly and pulled himself onboard, water draining from him. He shook his head and drained the water from his cloak over the edge. The ships crew looked mighty bewildered, but some were laughing. Bio and Otto high fived MS and walked into the hanger bay below deck. The ship unanchored and took off towards their target.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Strike Zero

- Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean -

Leon had been floating on top of a piece of debris from the DC submarine for what felt like several hours now. He glanced down at his watch. Yup. It was definitely several hours. The situation, as it was now, blew heavily.

"Don't tell me this damn thing is broken," Leon moaned as he shook the SOS beacon attached to his flight suit in his hand.

Just then, he heard something off in the distance--it sounded like the roar of an engine. Just over the horizon, he could pick out the shape of an aircraft heading straight for him, and as it drew closer, he was able to with much satisfaction recognize it as Thanatos.

A small object darted out of the ship's hanger bay, streaming with red particles--a GN-X. As it neared, the mobile suit pulled up along side the piece of debris and extended a hand. "Commander Leon!" the pilot said over the external speaker. "Are you alright?"

"Right as rain, now that you guys are here," he said, climbing atop the GN-X's metal palm. "Though you were taking so long, I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me."

"Never, commander," the pilot asserted. The Mobile Suit lifted off from the water and made headway back to the Thanatos' main hanger.

------------------------------------------------------
Leon jumped onto the deck as the GN-X set down. He found Lister there waiting for him.

"Hello, Captain. So good of you to come," he said, then snapped off quick salute. Lister returned the gesture.

"Never forget that we are at your total and complete service, Commander."

"I'll remember that," Leon said. "Now, set sail back to Hawaii! I'm anxious to see what those guys are planning now, seeing as how their little attack strategy failed miserably."
Last edited by Strike Zero on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

(I considered including Wendy to make a cameo in this post just for completeness, but since I have no clue if Masaki's motivations for chasing after Shuu in this RPG remains the same as in SRW (or what they are in this RPG, for that matter), I decided against it in the second draft. Besides, not having Wendy around simplifies things considerably. ^^)

-Morpheus-

Location Unknown

Neither of the two medieval-like guards --- decked in regal-looking plate armor, helmets and carrying longswords --- saw him coming when the black-clad, face-scarfed Ninja suddenly dropped down in front of them, as if appearing in a blur, and lunged straight for them. The first blow, a horizontal chop, connected with the right side of the first guard's neck and dropped him like a stone, and the second guard swung his longsword down, hard, in desperation. In turn, the ninja sidestepped, spun left, and stuck out his left leg upwards, roundhousing the second guard in the face. He, too, went unconscious.

After brushing himself off for a second, Morpheus glanced around. The so-called Alchemists' Academy was no spartan affair; White marble walls and floors, and large pillars dotting this corridor, with Victorian-style plate glass windows to one side of the building, illuminating the corridor with moonlight. In front of Morpheus were a pair of ornate, wooden doors, painted blue with gold decorative trimmings, with a large, glowing lock bolting it down.

Morpheus nodded. It was probably a magical lock, given La Giers' nature; Warded against forceful picking or attacking the door, but not the door itself. Looking once more to make sure there wasn't anyone around --- there weren't --- Morpheus walked towards the doors and raised his right hand, placing it on the door next to the lock without touching it; After pausing and closing his eyes a moment, Morpheus sharply opened them again...and shoved the hand forward once.

The door creaked, and at first there was nothing --- until Morpheus nudged the door gently, revealing that he had cracked open the second door around the lock, leaving it and the first door intact. With the obstacle out of the way, Morpheus nudged the second door open, and it obligedly swung wide.

Whatever was inside this very room was very important to the Alchemists of La Giers. Small bookcases filled with tomes lined this room, with a very tall ceiling; The bookcases were spaced evenly along all three walls, and bright torches illuminated the floors, and there were various tables with alchemical apparatuses lined up along the center. Between the bookcases, on pedestals, were small diamond-like crystals and, as Morpheus narrowed his eyes and smiled inwardly, what he was here for.

Prana Converters.

Seeing nobody else in the room, Morpheus padded forward quickly and examined the various tables and bookcases as he gently took the Prana Converters, starting from the left wall, giving the tomes quick glances. When he was on his way to take the third Converter, however, his eyes caught onto one particular tome on a nearby table, half-opened, bookmarked. Morpheus' eyes blinked in recognition. Laplace's...Demon Computer?

The name sounded familiar somehow, but Morpheus couldn't place it --- he had a feeling it'll return to him later, perhaps. Shrugging, Morpheus picked up the tome, closed and bound it, and placed it into his backpack as well as he continued walking to continue the 'plundering'. After counting four Prana Converters in his backpack --- it should do, Morpheus agreed, one for each faction and one for himself in case of an emergency --- he closed the backpack firmly, slung it over his back again, and turned around to leave.

There was shouting from outside and, seconds later, an alarm sounded. Time to go.

Morpheus dashed out of the room just in time to see more than two dozen armed guards, alerted to Morpheus' trail, begin pacing towards the room where the Page had discovered the downed guards. Morpheus frowned. As much as he knew the guards couldn't stop him, once all of La Giers was up in arms they would eventually discover Morpheus' backdoor into the mystical world to begin with --- and shut it on him. That cannot do, of course; Morpheus still had to get the Prana Converters to the Upper World, as ordered. Without another word, Morpheus paced forward, then leapt to his left, the jump being higher than even an expert martial artist can achieve...and went through and out the window in a shattering of glass and a piercing noise.

He landed on his feet on the grass outside the Alchemists' Academy again and knew there would be no reprieve until he was away from the perimeter; The torches and lantern lights approaching Morpheus from his flank sides were indication of that. Immediately Morpheus ran again, faster, gaining distance, through gardens, grass and trees, with his pursuers close in pursuit. For a moment, it seemed Morpheus would lose them for good in the darkness of night until the mortar wall came up towards him. Guards who had spotted his escape were pointing, shouting at him; Two arrows, then another, buzzed by Morpheus as he continued running.

Morpheus didn't panic, didn't think. The mission was everything. He leapt, the same way he came in. He gained height...then zoomed forward. Finally, before the other guards could register what was happening, Morpheus was over the wall, and the guards could only stare in surprise as Morpheus managed to clear it, land on his feet, and continue running --- outside the perimeter of the Alchemists' Academy.

There would be no further pursuit here. Soon, into the forests beyond --- Morpheus marvelled inwardly at how clear the air was in La Giers compared to above --- Morpheus ran with his new cargo in tow and disappeared effectively into the night. With the Alchemists' having lost track of him, all that remained was for Morpheus to return to the backdoor...and that he knew exactly where it was.

Another half-hour later, with a fifteen minute headstart on the Alchemists of La Giers by the time Morpheus was done pacing, Colonel Morpheus of the Divine Crusaders vanished into a tree off to the distant edge of the forest, where his backdoor into La Giers was located, and disappeared off the face of La Giers effectively.

Three seconds after that, the backdoor portal closed behind him.
Last edited by Cybaster on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Omega

~Zaine~

"Would you please tell him that i need to talk to him..."

With some help, Zaine found his way to the hangar and was going to ask someone for a little help rapairing the Exia. I have to be ready for when Dante shows up. he thought to himself as he tried to locate someone who'd be up to the task. I'll talk to the commander another time.When he couldn't find anyone to help him, he decided to work on it himself. Hopefully, i can get it working again.
Wingnut

"There he is! Get him!" shouted the lead MP as two more grabbed Zaine and forced him to the deck as they placed handcuffs on him.

"Thanks for the tip about your machine being about to blow up, but that doesn't mean we're just going to let you have run of the ship." said the lead MP. "Unless Ryker says otherwise, you're still a Fandom pilot and a prisoner here."

Put him back in the brig until Ryker can spare a moment to talk to him."

"Yes sir."

A few minutes later, Zaine found himself once again sitting in the Ceres brig.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Slug--

He told Antonio everything that had just happened recently. The very crew he was assigned to (or, rather, assigned himself into) defected over to the DC side, just like that. By the looks of it, the whole ship was unanimous over the decision. Somehow, Antonio wasn't much disappointed.

"Well, whatcha' gonna do," Antonio says, "I do have some good news though Slugger. I'm into Tokyo right now."

"How did you--" Slug interrupts,

"I was traveling the entire time you're downing units," Antonio replies, "but my main point is, I finally talked to some Feddie big wigs and now has acknowledged us. They've increased our funding yo! Also, come over here. Your unit is gonna be installed with bigger engines, and you're going to space, where are you now?"

"Nice! Well, I'm actually heading to... well, nowhere. Ok, incoming to Tokyo... in three hours." Seeing as Slug still had fuel left as his unit has been topped off thanks to the Ceres, he went straight for Japan in supercruise, more than twice the speed of sound fashion.

~~~

Landing at the base Slug was surprised to see four engines that obviously looked like a Full Vernian descendant waiting for him at the hangar.

"Arigato!" Slugger mentions after getting of his unit, greeted by Federation officials. Meeting Antonio, they both hi-five. Even Clara, his wife, was there. "Impressive," says Antonio, "you managed not to damage the unit too much!" he jokes. Looking closer at the frame, where the crew is busy stripping of the armor, Antonio gloats, "Wow, frame is still intact. A few more reinforcements here and there, and it could handle another 25% more power! Of course, 10%+ is all we have right now, so we should be fine."

Slug just looked at Clara with a 'how could you live with this guy' look as he shrugged, sending her into a giggle.

One last thing before Slug was sent into a comfortable bed---Antonio gave him blueprints of interest. Slug mentions that he was going too look into it later as he is tired, but a quick glance revealed some codenames: Superior, Deep Striker, Hummingbird.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

- Ryker -

There were several details to be taken care of, but they were finally taken care of and Ryker could now deal with the captured pilot.

"So, Zaine is it? Given our own status has changed, I would like to know what your plans are. Your choices are limited. You can either stay here in prison, or you can join the DC yourself. But be warned, there will be no going back on the decision. If you decide to fight with us, there is no going back to the Fandom later."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Well, i've been considering the idea of joining the DC myself for some... personal reasons. For now i can't tell you what they are, but i'll do everything i can to help you guys with whatever you're going to do now."
Was Zaine's response. "... By the Way, could I get some help with repairing my Gundam in the hangar? it has something to do with those things i can't talk about... but in return, i'll give you guys some blueprints in my database that are still salvageable on a particular enemy Mobile Weapon."
Wingnut

- Ryker -

Ryker could tell that like many others under his command, this one didn't seem too happy with his previous situation.

"All right. I'll see that your machine is repaired along with the others." said Ryker while signaling the guard to let Zaine out.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Thank you, sir." Zaine said as he walked out of the cell. "... When the time is right i'll talk to you about it." He just hoped Dante didn't appear beforehand the way he did at that first mission.

"Well, guess i'll go look around the ship if that's alright with you, sir."