TARRRPG Chapter 8: Island Oasis (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Thanatos -
- Bridge -

"Sir," Lister said, "We are coming up on the Hawaii base now."

"Very good," Leon said. "Go ahead and contact Charles Gordon. He most likely has several things he wants to discuss. I know I do."

Lister nodded, then ordered the bridge crew to do so. Leon, meanwhile, simply stood in the middle of the room and waited.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

In his dorm Kylern started to turn as the hours passed. His body had started to recover as a fast pace as he slowly sapped energy from his connections in this world. He wouldn't be at perfect condition but he would have recovered from his physical and mental fatigue.

After waking up sometime in the middle of the night he yawned large showing teeth that hadn't been brushed in awhile. That was the first thing to do as well as grabbing a shower. So with his stuff in hand he headed into the communial bathroom. Being the only one in there meant he could take as long as he needed.

Brushing his teeth and taking a shower went by quicker than he had expected. And after spending about 15 minutes doing it all he was out and dressing in his DC uniform. He reattached his neural inhibitor to his head and attached his mobile AI to his arm. While he had slept several updates had been downloaded to his AI systems and he quickly checked them. He found faster d/l times, details on all the newest mecha being used. Just interesting systematics and details.

Now he needed to find something new to get into which meant traveling towards the lounge where mecha pilots typically gathered. But nowhere was here from what he could tell. That meant grabbing some coffee and then reading the current intel and briefings from his mobile AI. So sitting down on a chair he crossed a leg and activated the laser beam visor of his eyes. Then pressing a few buttons on the infer red keyboard to bring up screens of paperwork which he started to read.

(Am free for anyone to RP with)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

Red Eagle, Hawaii base

From his temporary quarters that happened to face east, Charles could easily see the Thanatos approach, no doubt carrying DSK Leon Bolt as he failed to show up for the return trip with everyone else.

The fact that despite the force they threw at the Ceres, they were unable to defeat them and their DC allies was gnawing away at his calm demeanor. Even the Hawaiian scenery was unable to calm him down.
There was no reason why we lost. We just did.

The buzzing of the intercom broke him out of his internal struggle.
"Yes, what is it?"
"Leon Bolt is requesting a meeting with you as soon as you're free, sir."
"Very well. I'll board his ship when it lands."
Maybe between the two of us we can come up with a plan to beat them once and for all.

Bian Zoldark

"Thank you, Ms. Stormgunner. Yes, I know who you are, though not from my daughter. Your name came up in Federation intelligence reports about being a very strong newtype that you yourself are likely unaware of right now. I look forward to seeing what you will become."

Wingnut, underground hanger levels, Aidoneus Island

Wingnut was somewhat restless even among the calm of the island. Unlike everyone else, he had no mech to call his own. To him, the Over Flag was just a rental, albeit a good one. Seeing as he couldn't find any of the other pilots to talk to, not even Emily as she was likely chasing after Lune, Wingnut went to the hanger area in search of something he might be able to upgrade to.

Unfortunately, the best he could find would be a Guarlion Custom unit. Not much better than the Over Flag. It was during this trek through the main hanger that he overheard talk from various techs and repair crews about a strange "demon mobile suit" that was apparently kept in a hanger further down from the main hanger. Most dominant that gave it its nickname was that it supposedly drove anyone who piloted it crazy.

A number of possibilities ran through Wingnut's head at what kind of suit could do such a thing, none of them favorable if he had to face one in battle. After about an hour of looking around and tailing a pair of techs around, he found the elevator to where the demon was being kept.
Naturally Wingnut waited until no one was around before getting into the waiting car that was surprisingly left unlocked and had only one button inside.
I guess they don't expect a break-in this deep in their own HQ.

A minute later the car arrived at the secluded hanger where most of it was in darkness. Stepping out onto the catwalk, Wingnut could see the faint shadowy outline of a mobile suit against the far wall. Finding the control panel for the main lights Wingnut flipped them on and turned around.

Shock for a brief moment at what he saw soon changed into immediate understanding of the situation and exactly what the hanger techs were talking about. The pointed shield on one arm, the large weapon in the other, and the green circle on the chest were all very familiar to Wingnut indeed.

Wing Zero

The moment was broken by the sound of a round being chambered in a submachine gun not far behind Wingnut.
"Don't move." said the guard behind him.
Crap.

The guard quickly secured Wingnut's hands behind his back and led him back up the elevator and to what Wingnut presumed would be an unpleasant interrogation of what he was doing down there.

Unknown to anyone else and for no apparent reason, Wing Zero's eyes glowed their familiar green for several seconds before once again going dark in the empty hanger.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

As the Red Eagle exited his office he would find Wan coming to see him.

"sir I have something for you..."

Wan presented a disc; the same one he had just edited.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

Exiting the room and heading for the airbase, Charles ran into Wan.
Taking the disc, he asked "What is it?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"It's my plan for an attack on DC HQ; we can't afford to let up the pressure on the Gundam team."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

"I'm heading to meet with Leon Bolt about our next move now. Unless you have something more pressing, feel free to join in. We must achieve some kind of victory, no matter how small with our next attack."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"I'd be glad to"

Wan smiled inwardly; he would not be denied his victory this time...

SNT1

--Maria--
--Somewhere towards Hawaii from Latin America--

"This is your last warning!" Stop, or we will engage!"

"Hmph!"

Three federation pilots are chasing down a Legend Gundam for questioning. Two Union Flags, one Overflag. It certainly did not register as a friendly unit. The latest Federation intel confirms that this unit's trajectory is towards Fandom territory. The fact that it will not cooperate confirms the squad's commands assures them that this unit is to be shut down.

"You are cleared to engage and destroy."

With the linear rifles starting to unload, the Legend promptly evades most of the attacks and blocks the others with the beam shield as it started to face them. Its unusual spikes that protrude outward its backpack starts to point towards the first Flag.

With a simple press of the trigger, that Flag is down in flames.

"That bastard!" The assumed leader says. With his Overflag he draws his plasma saber and charges towards the Legend, with the other Flag covering fire. Let's see how that porker of a unit fares in this range, the Overflag pilot says.

With a diagonal slash, the Overflag gets stunned as it gets promptly blocked with a quickly-drawn beam saber from the Legend, and then uses the beam shield to slash back at the Overflag. He manages to evage, but not without a paint job scratch. Trying again he draws both of his plasma sabers to keep up.

"Persistent!" The pilot of the Legend Gundam, Maria Rodriguez, says with a bit of an annoyance in her tone. She is mentally kicking herself for being even seen by these losers. As the Overflag tries to settle the score, it goes into the offensive by using two melee weapons on hand to disrupt the Legend. Little did he know that Maria knows best about melee range, despite her unit's... not so melee-range appearance.

With the saber lock on hand, Maria kicks the gut of the Overflag. "Gaah!" The pilot says, shaken up by the forces. By then Maria makes her counteroffensive by slashing one of its arms clean. Going for the killing blow the other flag spammed shots at the Legend causing her to back up, while the Overflag is crashing down the sea. With the Other Flag on the defensive, Maria disengages and makes a run. No use for her to kill them now, she has a base to attend to.

In a few hours Maria gets cleared and lands on the Hawaii base of the Fandom. It was a bit awkward of an experience as she gtes to hangout with a so-called Anti-Gundam team when she herself pilots a Gundam.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Emily-

"Thanks, Mr. Zoldark!" Emily smiled sweetly, arms clasped at her hips. She didn't think much of herself being a Newtype --- she just did what she did best, and so far it seemed to be working. At least Bian approved of her for now, which says something. oO(And I look forward to seeing a 30th level Epic Marshal in action, too! One day I'll hit 20th, too!) "I'll do my best in the DC, sir! Can I look around? Seeya later, Miss Lune --- go ahead and borrow Fuurin Kazan if you want!"

With a cheery smile and wave to Lune and Bian, Emily pranced away to get her first good look at Aidoneus Island (And leave Lune and Bian alone until Emily was called for --- she didn't want to be a nuisance and bother Lune all the time, y'know).

-Kirie-

Meanwhile, Kirie (with his left hand bandaged up) had taken to sightseeing Aidoneus Island along with virtually everyone else on the Ceres, but Kirie's mind was far from vacationing. It occurred to Kirie that this was going to be home for quite a long time --- he had thought he's gotten used to being on the Ceres, but now that Kirie thought about it he missed being back on the Japanese front a little. Stepping on a rock in the middle of a large waterfall, with crystal clear water falling and splashing behind him, Kirie frowned as he looked up at the clear sky, the lush greenery. It was as if everything about the DC was more advanced than either of the other two sides.

Maybe it was because Kirie's days on the Japanese front harkened back to far, far simpler days, when the only enemy he had to deal with was Date Masamune --- at that thought, Kirie's eyes closed ruefully. Back in those days, Date Masamune still wasn't a good person to be around; He was self-centered, arrogant, and to a point narcissistic. But in those simple days, Masamune was still a noble opponent...one Kirie had been proud to call his rival.

Now everything changed. Here he was, dealing with multiple layers of politics; First being on the Gundam Team, second the intrigues surrounding Michael Radachi and the Federation's Newtype Quarantine Order, then recently Emily and Lune, and now defecting to the Divine Crusaders. It wasn't that Kirie didn't know the meaning of loyalty, but there were days when he wished things had returned to that simple formula --- one enemy to fight, one way of fighting to follow.

And then there was the Shuffle Alliance.

"Do what you feel is right and fight all injustice, Kirie," She said to him. "Once you have understood what to fight for, and why, then you shall be ready to truly become the King of Hearts. The Shuffle Alliance had been destroyed, torn apart, because they forgot that --- and you shall find that answer." What *did* Kirie fight for? Who was he fighting to achieve it? Kirie had thought it was Masamune, but maybe it was deeper now --- maybe it was what Masamune and the Zero System symbolized.

The end of all chivalry.

All chivalry ends, Masamune's voice, mocking, rang out in Kirie's head. People forget. People *will* forget.

Shut up.

This is war. People don't care about chivalry when they're looking out for their own necks. Can you change anything alone?

Kirie sneered, glancing around angrily. I certainly will try, Masamune!

Are you ready to take that burden, Yukimura? What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve Perfect Chivalry?

That is not what I seek and you know it!

Isn't it, Kirie? Then Masamune's voice was gone. Aren't you trying to get everyone to adhere to a Knight's Code? To change the world in your image...?

Everything went silent save the waterfall behind Kirie. The boy stood. That is not what I strive for --- I strive to prove the worth of chivalrous combat through my own actions, not to forcefully make everyone live as I do. I shall be the King of Hearts even when nobody in this world cares about chivalry...but can I really do it alone?

Then Kirie's eyes caught onto the waterfall itself.

The waterfall, more than 150ft high and 100ft wide, brought on an endless stream of water behind Kirie, splashing him with jets of waterdrops and cooling him down. Suddenly, as Kirie blinked and continued to stare, noting the waterfall's movements, he found his worries melt away from him. Even the inner worries about whether or not Kirie was worthy of being the King of Hearts didn't seem all that heavy compared to the weight of the waterfall.

Kirie nodded. This would be as good a place as any to train himself. Unsheathing the Hanzo Sword from its sheath, standing on that very rock, Kirie first symbolically moved the sword blade slowly across, in a half-circle horizontally, and then he moved into a ceremonial stance, crouched slightly, sword raised horizontally above his head with both hands.

Then Kirie slashed and stabbed, fighting imaginary opponents, while in his heart he began praying to the Japanese God of War, the great Bishamonten.

Oh great and omnipotent God of War, Bishamonten...

Kirie made a straight thrust.

Guide my actions with the ideals of chivalrous battle.

Then Kirie sharply turned in a backwards slash, at another enemy's midsection.

Fill my empty heart with the flame of righteousness and good.

Kirie suddenly leapt, making an upwards slice.

Grant me the strength to defend those who look to me, who I care about!

Then Kirie turned again, brought the Hanzo Sword blade upwards vertically, and with an angry glare he made one slash down --- a decapitating blow.

Rend and slay all villainous thoughts from my body!
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

- Thanatos -
- Bridge -

As the Thanatos approached Pearl Harbor, it slowly drifted down towards the ocean's surface and made water-fall, coming to an eventual stop in the middle of the harbor.

"Landing successful," Lister announced. "We might as well take this opportunity to resupply."

"Agreed," Leon replied, then turned to leave. "I'll be in my office. Be sure to send someone to inform the Red Eagle once he arrives."

"Aye, sir," Lister said with a nod.

-----------------------------------------------------------
- Brig -

Strike sat counting the lines on his hands for what must have been the thirteenth time since he'd been sitting in this damn cell. All of a sudden, he let out a strangled cry.

"HOW LONG ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO MAKE ME SIT IN HERE?!?!"

No response. Apparently, they weren't concerned enough to keep him under guard. That insulted him.

"Geez ... I figured not being tortured or interrogated would be a good thing, but man... this place is hell'a boring."

They could have at least given him something to keep him from being bored. Something to read, like a magazine, or a book. If he had that then he at least wouldn't--

Srike froze, then slapped his head. He'd completely forgotten. He did have something to read--it was nestled back in his coat pocket. He reached in a drew out the data disk he'd taken from the Fandom outpost in Africa, as well as a personal PDA he just so happened to be carrying. If Leon had been smart, he would have searched him before tossing him in this cell. Strike supposed he could consider himself lucky on that regard.

He plugged the disk in, and the PDA came to life. Lines of text and several charts of data began to scroll up the screen. Strike skimmed over the information with mild interest.

As he got further down the page, however, shifted from interested to alarmed.

"Whoa..." Strike said, eyes wide. "This is...!"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
The Big Zabowski

Ceres hangar

Technical and mechanical service crews were hard at work overhauling and repairing what they could to the many suits under the Ceres' care, the bay itself a flurry of activity. Toward the back of the hangar, the Bawoo K was being tied down and secured, crews working inside the cockpit and stripping what they could out of it before a new unit could be installed. For the most part, the suit was intact, so there was no use in scrapping it completely. It was better put to use with the Ceres air wing with the Thunderbolts.

Problem was that they had to find a pilot..

A crew of computer technicians were hard at work wiring and downloading what they could off of the black boxes on the suit before they fully pulled the linear cockpit from the nose of the craft. As one technician scanned through the data, he noticed the last readouts on the box, which had been recorded during 'Michael's' escape attempt. Of course, he read the linking codes and other computer inputs that were used by the rogue pilot to link himself with the CPU of the Bawoo. But there was something else.

The AI was still there, even though it was said that it had been removed by the pilot during the last Fandom engagement. Also, it appeared the AI actually had TWO network codes, not the normal one. Waving one of the technicians more versed in AI tech, the pair scanned over the screens and could only scratch their heads. It was as if the Bawoo had TWO AI programs. As far as they knew, nobody had ever done such a thing, so they went through the service records of the suit..

And found no such record of the AI even being found when it landed, let alone being reinstalled with another AI.

"Where the hell did you come from.."

The AI technician muttered this to himself as he began to query the banks of the suit on the two AI programs. And what happened next shocked the two technicians as they gawked over the diagnostic station.

Well, it's a long story, but I'm alive. KITAI is too. Captain Michael Radachi, reporting. Who is this?

"TALLIS!"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had been sulking; even after they had been cleared of suspicion she hadn't been allowed to work on either the TEMJIN or the Valsione. Then a tech called her over, sounding rather nervous.

when she came to see what it was she indeed understood; somehow an AI, which should have been destroyed, was responding under the name Michael Radachi. She was aware of the suit's maintenance record and knew such a system had never been added. Before making a fuss she needed to check if this was real.

'Mike? this is Tallis, can you tell me what happened to you?'

Alex Bloke

after Emily's exit Alex knocked on the office door.

"This is CX-00013; I wish to discuss classified information with you Commander Zoldark"

The Big Zabowski

Michael

Hey, Tallis. You don't have to type anything. The Laptop has a mic. I can hear everything out there. When I was fused with Mikhail, the batshit dude that jacked the Bawoo and killed Pyshtek, I more or less wound up as a memory signature in his banks, rather than being a signature in his biological brain. Since my brain pattern had been transfered to a digital signal, it was easy to jump into computers and stuff. Fun Fun.

I was the one that sent that disk with all the information about the Fed experiments to Ryker on the bridge while wildman took apart Pyshtek. From there he decided that he was some sort of all powerful being, and as such did what he did to Kitty and myself. It was his belief that he could become his own superpower with his convoluted sense of reality.

So, as a backup plan, I downloaded a copy of myself to the Bawoo's banks as well as a duplicate of KITAI when he tried to whipe her. When he pulled the banks, I transferred the data to the black box, and that's how I'm here talking to you right now. KITAI and myself are right as rain, so all should be right. But for a lie detector test, I'd like to have you call down Zangetsu or Emily down here to double check. I'm not sure if they can sense digitized mental patterns, but since the brain is more or less a mess of electrical signals, it shouldn't be hard.

Got a psycommu system handy?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Kylern

Seeing as nobody seemed to be coming around Kylern finished his coffee and turned of his arm unit. The red line that had been covering his eyes disappeared and he kind of glanced around feeling rather isolated. The Gundam folks were always together in a little sort of social group, Alex was never all that interesting to start with, leaving him to chat with people he didn't know.

"Hey Kylern! Guess what?" Kylern looked back to notice a technician coming in and getting himself a pot of coffee. A pot?

"What? and ain't that a bit much?" He replied eying the fact the guy was drinking straight from the pot. C'est bizzare...

"Well we have been working around the clock on your TEMJIN since he got here. Gotta say you did enough of a number on it they we practically had to rebuild it." The guy laughed as he finished downing the coffee in one long gulp despite the fact it was hot.

"Really? What all did you do to it?"

"Changed some weapons, upgraded your systems, altered some things, really we just made it more comfortable to pilot and more capable for fighting." The guy gave a belch and sat the pot down so another one could be made.

"Could I see it?"

"Nope not yet. We will contact you when its ready for synchonizing. For now just hang around and work on getting into better shape." He then started to leave. "See you around."

"Au revoir..." The tech guy left to go continue working leaving Kylern sitting there rather bored again. He finally got up and headed out. He was heading for the hangar that the Ceres was in, in order to see if better. He was interested in see if these people really were joining them or was this just convienent for them since the Federation was after them.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis was more convinced than she had been earlier but not quite; she was however certain enough to alert Ryker.

"Alert the captain then see if we can find a Psycommu; it may take a bit and since most of the pilots disembarked finding them may also take some time"

Omega

Zaine had found his way to the hangar in order to retrieve his Exia's blueprints from the computer... should they still be salvageable. Let's hope i can get it working again... he thought to himself when he noticed some people talking...Wonder what's wrong? Zaine went to see what's going on. "Is something the matter?" He asked.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu walked around the Island scrap heep. After talking to a ff the techs he had found that some suits they had tried to bring over only came in pieces. As he looked trough the junk had had found sevral treasures. most of a Freedom Gundam, The Justice's head, the back part of an Exus, and a few suits equiped with psycommu systems. "Well I supose I should first ask Bian if I can use these." he said as he made his way out of the junkyard and to Bian.

Sevral moments later he walked in and aproached Bian. "Excuse me Dr Bian but, would like to request some of the leftovers from your transported mechs."
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

As expected, Wingnut was being taken away to parts that he didn't know. At least not until they arrived at where they were going. Wait, this is...
The door was opened to Bian's office where Wingnut had been only hours ago.
"Sir, sorry to disturb you like this, but we found him down in the hanger with "the demon suit"."

Bian raised an eyebrow at the news and instructed the guard to leave and that he would handle it himself.
Wingnut could only wonder what Bian had in mind for him. Hopefully he wouldn't do anything like blow his brains out for knowing too much right in front of his own daughter who was the only other person in the room at the moment.

"I'm not going to bother with asking how or why you were there. Now that you went to the trouble of going down there and seeing what you saw, I want to know what you plan on doing next if I were to let you go"

Relieved that he wasn't planning on doing anything nasty to him, Wingnut spoke his mind on exactly what he wanted to do.
"I plan on making the Wing Zero my own. That suit is indeed dangerous what with having the Zero system and all." Wingnut noted the sudden attention Lune now also had on what he was saying after learning about it herself earlier.
"However, I know how it works, and I also know how to use it properly in battle. It takes a certain type of person to handle such a system. I feel I am that type of person."

Lune wasn't quite convinced however. "You think you are? I'll bet Masamune thinks he is too and look what it's doing to him."

"He may think he can handle it, I know I can."

"Big talk for someone who got shot down and lost his suit a few days ago."

"Which is why I need something like the Wing Zero if I'm going to be able to help end this war."

"Enough." interrupted Bian. "I can see your desire is strong, and that you are very set in the path that you have chosen. I'll give you the opportunity to pilot it. However, stronger men than yourself have failed to tame this beast. What you do now is at your own risk."

"I know. And with all due respect to those other men, I have something they lacked." The "cheat codes" to the Zero system.

It was then that Zangetsu walked in on the conversation.
"Excuse me Dr Bian but, I would like to request some of the leftovers from your transported mechs."

"If you can find anything useful, than go ahead. We're not having much luck with just parts of units that come through." replied Bian.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

"Thank You Bian. Parts are all one needs to make a franken." he said as he left the room to go and peice him together a mech. Stop one the Ceres to pick up one piece from the Sonicscream.