TARRRPG Chapter 7: Stellar Mysteries (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 7: Stellar Mysteries (Space)

((Again, new thread time and this one will be for all actions that take place in space. If a character moves from space to Earth, then the posts that involve them should also go to the Earth thread.))

- Theo Rawn, Grey Wolf -

"Sir, we are approaching the moon and the Lunar Corp headquarters." called out the helmsman.

"Very well." replied Rawn. "Have Mr. Ryder come to the bridge at his earliest convenience."
I need to know what he is planning to do next, and more importantly if it relates to that newtype mobile suit we ran into. If it does, than I believe I can actively help him.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

Looking over at Dreacon Kyle gave a sigh. "I'm sorry if I sound unfriendly. I'm just angry with how things have gone this past year." He said this as his laptop showed a new instant message. It was from the bridge and it seemed the Captain wanted to see him.

"Guess I'm needed." He got up from his seat and grabbed his uniform jacket to at least look half presentable when he entered the bridge. "I'll talk to you later mister Gundam pilot." With that he walked past the man who thought so highly of himself and headed down the hall.

After walking for awhile he finally reached the bridge and stood straight up. Then he walked in with a salute to the man in charge of this vessel. "Lt. Ryder reporting Sir. What am I needed for?" He asked this but when he looked at the window he relaxed. They were coming into Lunar airspace and that meant he was almost home... They could drop the survivors off and he could figure out where to go next.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Cybaster

Necronomicon, Side 6 Libot Colony

Tuxedo Mask whistled to himself approvingly. When Melodius said he'd get men for the Necronomicon, he delivered; Where once there was just him, Bob and Mari, there were now over 250 men on board the Necronomicon, manning their various functions --- hanger personnel, bridge personnel, ship mechanics, gunners...and even pilots. Melodius had even managed to bring aboard four Methusses, numerous other machines that he had apparently purchased beforehand from the Black Markets in Side 6, 7, 4 and elsewhere, and for good measure, a few of his so-called 'Custom Magic Items' which were now sitting secretly in Melodius' own quarters.

("Don't ask how and where I got all that," Was all Melodius said when TM asked about it. TM nonetheless had his suspicions --- who was able to finance Melodius like this to be able to obtain this many professional mercenary soldiers and machines at such short notice? Such an organization would probably have to be as powerful financially as the Federation itself, and that ain't easy to accomplish...)

However, one thing that TM couldn't help but notice was that all 250 men that had come aboard the Necronomicon were wearing the exact same uniforms --- green body armor and grey helmets with clear visors, almost like something out of Doom. Or Halo. And somehow, for some reason, all of the men looked similar, if not identical to each other. TM remembered snorting at that, and Melodius giving him a glare that said something between 'don't underestimate me' and 'don't question me'. TM had shut up after that, although in his opinion...they had might as well been wearing Clone Trooper armor, with how their similar appearances would freak the other Space Pirates out.

Melodius had an answer for that one as well, naturally ("Stormtrooper helmets don't work; Their visors are too small and impede eyesight and give a -6 Circumstance Penalty to Attack Rolls. Why do you think they aim so horribly in the first place? And no, don't give me that Plot Contrivance crap, I get enough of it from Lucas watching Episode I as I already do.").

Nonetheless, with the Necronomicon almost ready to go, TM was now waiting in the briefing room of the ship, seated on the podium in one of the seats off to the side. The other four 'Party Members' that TM had picked up prior to Melodius' arrival --- Zero Murasame, Heavy Weapons Guy, Gyunei and Quess --- were seated opposite the podium, in the front row, as if to accept their importance, the latter two with their arms crossed and nothing but disdain for the new men Melodius had brought on board. Were all these men here to replace them with professional mercenaries...?

Nonetheless, TM shrugged, letting the benefit of the doubt seep in for now, and waited. Melodius said he would hold a briefing soon regarding the upcoming raid on Trinary; That should be good, at least.

(More to come later tonight.)
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

"I thought I'd let you know that we're almost at Lunar Corp HQ, and that I am curious as to what your next move is. It's possible that we may be able to help you out." replied Rawn.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

"I honestly don't know..." He replied staring out the windows as the moon became larger by the minute. His mind was rather turmoil but there was was thing thing.

"I know for certain I can't go back to the Federation. Something fishy is going on in this war on both sides and its eating at me. Somehow I feel like my sister's death has something to do with the Federation's abduction of Lunar Corp ace pilots. And then their's the Fandom's unexpected assault on our facility and the introduction of those mobile doll units. I just want to know whats actually going on before I decide who my next opponent is." He offered his opinion in a rational sort of way. He had gotten better by all accounts and was ready for whatever was next. But deep down he wanted to solve this mystery for the sake of her memory. If the Federation was targeting Newtypes like the rumors said then he couldn't ally himself with them, but he also couldn't follow Fandom who were creating trouble were it wasn't needed either.
dreacon

Dreacon looked out to the moon from the observation deck of the Grey Wolf.
thinking to himself about this whole mess. wondering how and why he was here, and what had happened in the past for the world to turn out like this.

About the huge ass he'd made of himself. It didnt bother him too much, but he had been presuming alot lately. Trying to hold on to some feeling of home. where he was Top dog in Mecha combat. Noone surpassed him there. He was the Be-all end All of combat. But this world held pilots on par with him. It was almost like his World was made just for him. As though God or some higher power had molded a world to suit his needs.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Wingnut

- Theo Rawn -

*A few hours later*

Rawn was in his quarters on the videophone with the head of Lunar Corp discussing the situation and what happened at the asteroid.

"That is indeed a mystery, Captain Rawn."

"Yes it is, Chairman." replied Rawn. "As soon as we are resupplied I plan on heading out to try and learn why the Fandom suddenly attacked as well as attempting to get some answers to a couple other questions I have about the Fandom's actions recently."

"I would like an answer to that myself. However, I don't think you can do it with just one ship." said the chairman.

"We'll manage somehow."

The CEO got a look on his face that many businessmen get when they are about to get the better end of a deal. "How about we help each other out then? I can loan you a few ships and their variable fighters, and in return you share every bit on information that you get about the Fandom and their operations while on your mission."

Rawn could tell that this guy was scheming something. However, the ships and fighters would be a great asset to use in his efforts.
"I accept your offer. I would also like Lt. Kyle Ryder to be among the forces you lend to us. His skill would make things go smoother if we run into trouble."

"Very well. I'll see that he joins you. Good luck, Captain." The CEO then terminated the transmission.

If the Fandom is overall taking a more aggressive stance in space, it could mean the start of a large scale offensive, which would put everyone that stands against them in a very tight situation. We must know what they are planning if we are to have any chance of winning this war.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

Kyle was rather shocked when he got a call from the head of the Mobile Weapons Development and Testing department gave him a call later that day.

"So how did the VF-25 feel?" He asked with an oddly gleeful tone in his voice. This creeped Kyle out because it meant he had a something planned.

"Pretty good I must say. Performance wise it is better than the 19 and weapon wise its unapproachable."

"Good, good. It seems we have a new job for you. The head of Lunar Corp wants to find out why Fandom attacked out facility and we are supplying several Northhampton class stealth frigates as well as our most powerful ship the Uraga class stealth carrier known as the Redemption. We are also supply a few recently ungraded VF-11Gs. These are more powerful versions of the original with the environmental cockpit as well as the Pin-point-barrier your 19 tested. They shouldn't be mere cannon fodder anymore. We also have several VF-11 Full Armor types to provide serious anti-ship firepower."

All the data was forwarded to his laptop of the new units and he was rather impressed. The FA wasn't as strong as his version but it still boosted as total of 134 missiles, four anti-ship beam cannons, and a powerful anti-ship gunpod. The later would be even enough to chew a Gundam to shreds... Then something else was sent to him.

"These my friend are our companies first drone weapons known as the Ghost fighter. While nowhere near as advanced as the Fandom's mobile dolls were are equip with similar systems as the Federation's newtype drones. We are giving you a fair amount of them to augment your combat ability. You can only use three at a time but they boast impressive armaments. You will though need to refocus your fragmented powers before you can control them but I believe in you. Use all our new toys well and take revenge for the death of so many people."

"Yes sir I shall... and thanks for watching over me so much." With that the conversation ended and all the new equipment was being shipped up to this new fleet under the command of Captain Rawn. Kyle had to get his tail back in gear before he fell behind.[/i]
Cybaster

Necronomicon Briefing Room

"All those of you who aren't already, please take a Standard Action to be seated," Melodius said bluntly, walking into the briefing room and standing onto the podium as the lights dimmed, addressing TM, Zero, HWG, Gyunei and Quess as well as the 50 similarly-dressed pilots in the briefing room at once. The central projection screen switched on, showing a green-outlined map of the Outer Rim behind Melodius; a red dot was blipping somewhere to the 'northeast' of Side 3. "Now, let's begin. This is, as you're all aware, our next destination and target: The Federation Outer Rim garrison at Trinary."

Melodius pointed at the red dot, and the map disappeared, revealing a green outline of a large, Axis-like asteroid with three round spherical satellites to the north, east and west 'axes' of the base, to the rear. "For those of you just joining us in this RPG, Trinary used to be named Axis and was little more than a supply outpost for the Outer Rim. During the so-called Flame War, however, the Federation positioned a garrison in Axis to watch over the Outer Rim; It also indirectly watched over Side 3 and Side 6 nearby and, in a way, protected their neutrality from various feuding warlords. After the Flame War, however, the Federation decided that they wanted Axis to be their main garrison base and staging area in the Outer Rim and decided to retrofit it...over a number of years, they added life-support and sustenance modules, workshops, hanger facilities, and repositories for weapons and data. Eventually, this was what Axis became.

"Now, as you can see, the Trinary's main defining feature here is these three circular satellites on the asteroid..." Melodius gestured to the three modules at the applicable locations. "These are named the Fritz Ashlyn, Cardi Doorl and mcred23, respectively, and provide the bulk of Trinary's life-support apparatuses and food supply facilities. More importantly, however, these three satellites each house gigantic Phase Shield Generators --- these combined generate a large Phase Shift Armor field around the main module of Trinary and protect it from landing parties as well as most forms of bombardment.

"This shield must be taken down if any raid is to be landed on Trinary itself. However, since the Fandom invasion, the Federation had been lax on the maintenance of Trinary --- our spies have revealed three critical weaknesses to Trinary's Phase Shift Defence System, located on the very bases of the three modules, between them and Trinary itself," The bases of the Fritz Ashlyn, Cardi Doorl and mcred23 blinked blue in turn to accentuate this. "These spots are not protected by the Phase Shift Field and are vulnerable to any type of fire, provided we are accurate enough. Which we will be, with a +8 to Attack Bonus from my Command Rating. Once these are down, the interior of Trinary will be vulnerable, and the satellites will lose all contact with Trinary itself. Which is what we will be counting on."

Everyone nodded. "Um, that's suicide." Quess piped up, raising her hand. "Doesn't the Federation have a large fleet garrisoned there at all times as well in addition to this Phase Shift Field? 50 guys against all that?"

"Large, yes...but not well-maintained. The Fandom war effort had drawn the Federation's efforts elsewhere and they had forgotten about Trinary for the time being. The Trinary currently contains mostly outdated ships and Mobile Suits --- Barzams, GM Quels and Marasais comprising their main defence force, and Salamis Kais, mostly, with a few Alexandrias and possibly a Dogos Gear. If we keep a level head, they will pose no problem for us; What we will have to mainly worry about is Thrawn coming in to the rescue, as predictable as he'll be," Melodius sneered, restraining the urge to spit at his nickname for Theo Rawn. The full name sounded awkward, anyway. "But we'll be prepared for that as well."

Now it was Gyunei's turn to frown. "It won't work, you fool! The Federation fleet there's too large to take apart!"

Melodius glared at him. "You're overreacting. I wouldn't send us in there without being confident of having a good chance of victory, Gyunei, so don't doubt me."

"Doubt you? Doubt you? Come on! You don't know what you're doing, they don't know what you're doing, and we don't know what we're even doing here! I should be leading us to plunder some colony, not making suicidal runs on---"

Suddenly, Gyunei found himself being pulled away by Tuxedo Mask, moved to a corner of the briefing room; TM had a very annoyed expression on his face. "What are you doing, Gyunei!?" TM exclaimed. "You're not supposed to be questioning him like that!"

"Why not? He doesn't know---"

"Because you've just set it up. Melodius is going to defend himself, and he's going to..." TM paused, shuddering...and Gyunei suddenly felt very unnerved. "...Great."

"What?"

Melodius was indeed glaring, and he was pointing at Quess. TM frowned, shaking his head: "You just gave him an excuse for the obligatory 300 Tribute Scene."

Gyunei...sweatdropped.

"You!" Melodius indeed pointed at Quess. "What's your purpose here?"

Quess stared. "...I guess I'm here because I hate Daddy and I want Taisa all to myself back in Sweetwater---"

"Right, right." Melodius cut her off and turned his gaze to HWG. "You?"

"I'm here to see if anyone can outsmart bullet." Was all HWG said.

"Okay. You!" Next, Melodius pointed at Zero. "What's your purpose?"

"...I'm here to prove myself to be a true Newtype...that I can defeat any of them!"

"So basically, you're all here to prove yourselves, and to gain merit. Especially you, Gyunei, don't think I haven't read your file." Melodius turned and glared, causing Gyunei and TM to sweatdrop again...and finally, as his finishing act, Melodius raised his hand into the air, turned forward, and glared fiercely to finish the Tribute Scene: "SPARTANs!!!" Melodius cried out. "What is your purpose here!?"

At once, all 50 of the green-armored mercenaries stood up, stood straight, and pounded their fists into the air.

"MurderDeathKill!"

"MurderDeathKill!"

"MurderDeathKill!"

Everyone else stared at Melodius as he grinned.

"Yeah, I changed it a bit. 'Haoooh' sounded too boring anyway, but the point still stands, Gyunei..." Melodius turned one last time, with a look that implied that one wrong step will result in Gyunei being killed. "...They know a hell of a lot more about what they are here for than you ever will. Now, take another Standard Action and sit down."

The mercenaries obliged, as did Gyunei. Melodius took a deep breath and continued; the viewscreen returned to the map of the Outer Rim. "Now, I don't need to stress the importance of Trinary in present times. Many of the dissident resistance groups, smugglers, pirates, and colonies in the Outer Rim do not welcome the Federation's intervention in their matters; Many of them would just as soon flock to the Fandom, but they are fearful of the watchful eye of the Trinary. A successful attack and defeat of the garrison there would incite virtually the entire Outer Rim into revolt against the Federation; At worst, many of the dissidents would flock to the Fandom against the Federation --- and among them would be Side 3 and Sweetwater, which would be a major pain to the Federation in having to fight on two fronts again. This would get them off our backs for sure.

"Tuxedo Mask." Melodius turned; TM stood, finally glad to be doing something. "As soon as we are out of Side 6, request an audience with Lady Sterling...proposing a joint attack on the Federation's Trinary base. Propose that we shall only seize the supplies on the Cardi Doorl satellite in exchange for our assistance; They can have the Fritz Ashlyn and mcred23, and Trinary itself."
Last edited by Cybaster on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling -

An aide came in and informed Raven that a priority transmission was coming in.

"Who is calling?" asked Raven.

"The person is calling himself Tuxedo Mask and is requesting an audience on behalf of a Melodius Greye." replied the aide.

Greye? That name sounds familiar.
Raven pondered the name for a moment before making her decision.
"Very well. I'll take it here."

The aide then left the room while Raven opened the secure connection to the Necronomicon.

"This is Raven Sterling. What is it that I can do for you, or rather your employer, Tuxedo Mask?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

TM straightened himself regally, trying to look charming and charismatic in front of a ship under retrofitting.

"I am Tuxedo Mask, of the Necronomicon Space Pirates...formerly the Council of Evil, and a gentleman's gentleman." TM would wink at Sterling but the mask would get in the way. "I greet you with the utmost sincerity and respect, Fair Lady Sterling. On behalf of my new commander, Melodius Greye, he would like to propose a joint attack on the Federation's Trinary headquarters in the Outer Rim and offers our assistance to the raid. The success of this raid is mutually beneficial to both our factions --- to the Fandom, it would allow the other dissident groups and colonies in the Outer Rim to revolt against the Federation or join you, while it would allow us to obtain supplies and get the Federation off our backs.

"Commander Greye has proposed that if and when the Trinary attack succeeds, we will only take the needed supplies from Trinary's Cardi Doorl satellite module; You and the Fandom, fair Lady, can have all three satellites, the supplies in Fritz Ashlyn and mcred23, and Trinary itself to do as you see fit. Any other details can be worked out, and Commander Greye has also offered to leave any and all Fandom supply convoys alone in the Outer Rim from this point on as a mutual...offer of friendship, if you will."
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling -

Tuxedo Mask came across as one of the types of people that Raven hated most. A boot licker with more power than they should have and not enough brains to use said power properly.

Still, what he proposed had merit. The Federation's Trinary defense system had caused countless problems with the more minor parties in the Fandom that worked in the so-called Outer Rim. The area that was literally the outer rim of what would be called the Earth Sphere.
It had even managed to stop a large Fandom convoy from the home colonies in orbit of Mars once. Removing it would be a significant help to overall operations in space.

On the other hand, Raven strongly suspected that things were not as they seemed. This group was willing to give a large part of what was for the taking in this operation, which was highly unusual for a group of space pirates.

"Your proposal is accepted. My aide will contact you soon with the particulars of the mission." and with that she closed the channel.

It did not escape Lady Sterling's eye that there was a certain suit parked in the hanger of that ship of theirs.
"Get me Raven. I believe I have found what I sent him out to look for."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

With all the data that came in from LCHQ he decided to approach the Captain again. Grabbing his stuff he headed for the Captain's quarters. In his hand was the file with the new data on it about the new small fleet that was to be loaned to the Gray Wolf.

Upon reaching the quarters he knocked.

"Captain its Lt. Ryder. I'm here on behalf of my contractor." He waited for the order to enter and then did. He gave a salute and shut the door behind him. "I guess I'm under orders to assist you in a new operation. Do you have any information on what were are up against?" He asked relaxing a little. He felt like he was at a business interview more than talking to the man that had kept him around since the Zudah was picked up deep in space.

"I also have data on the new ships and mecha that are going to be added to our battle strength if you would like to study them later." He laid the disk on the table and waited for an answer.
Sume Gai

Raven

It was only a few hours between the call and Raven's return to his Lord. he came, in person, faster than it seemed possible.

He enter the chambers of his liege and bowed as a knight to it's master.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling -

"You came here personally. Although a simple video transmission would have worked, I am pleased that you have such devotion to your work."

Raven then brought up the recording of her conversation with Tuxedo Mask and paused it at the appropriate moment.
"As you can see there seems to be a suit on board their ship that bears a close resemblance to the one you are looking for. Investigate them next as part of the attack force we will be sending to take over the Federation's Trinary installation at Axis."

- Theo Rawn -

"Yes, I do. Our target is one of the ships that has been loitering near the Axis asteroid's Trinary defense system lately. The objective is to capture their captain and see if he or their computers have any info on why the Fandom attacked the Lunar Corp satellite. These smaller pirate ships in the Outer Rim areas for some reason seem to be more well informed than most so we should be able to get something out of them."

Rawn paused for a moment as his mood shifted.

"I heard about what happened on board the Osprey involving your sister. I'm very sorry. Do you know why she might have joined the Fandom?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

"Axis?" Kyle had to stretch his mind a bit to remember just what that place was. Then it popped in his head that it was an outer laying Federation outpost. "But why would Fandom waste its time there? Then again why would Pirates have anything to do with Fandom or even why Fandom is acting so desperate." He was rather confused by it all but this also one of the reasons he was interesting in investigating these events even more.

"I'll get to work on preparing the attack. It would be good to intercept them before their able to take over that outpost." He was willing to offer his help if it got him a step closer to unraveling the mystery. This was his dimension and he hated to watch it fall into such chaos. Then a subject came up that wrenched his insides a bit. "I think we could make use of a new transportation system as well. The Northhampton class and Uraga class have a device known as the Fold Booster which allows warp like travel. I think we could make use of this to deliver our main forces almost instantly to the battlefield and leave the Gray Wolf to provide reinforcements." He thought it was a brilliant idea because it would allow them to jump into the battle and prevent the outpost from falling without the Fandom realizing what happened. They had no idea of the fold boosters from the Macross universe.

"No need to appolgize Captain. You didn't shoot her..." He bite his lower lip and clenched his fists still unable to believe that she was truly gone. Something deep inside told him to keep hope because if she was dead then he should have died with her. "I can't answer that question Sir. We were both graduates of the same Lunar University. I ended up joining the Federation and I thought she had gone back home to Earth. Maybe they got to her somehow..."
Last edited by Kylern on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

"What of our proposal, Tuxedo Mask?" Melodius inquired directly on the other end of the viewscreen on the Necronomicon's bridge, with TM still where he was. Oh, Tuxedo Mask couldn't wait to be sitting on the refitted Necronomicon's bridge again once the retrofits were actually finished --- While Melodius was the main Operations Commander here, TM had retained command over the Necronomicon itself in most cases, and he was already wondering what kind of ship would emerge as a result. "Did Lady Sterling accept?"

"She accepted, Commander," TM grinned. "An aide will contact us later with the details of the operation."

"Very well. As soon as the aide calls, patch him over to me --- I'll deal with him personally. And get your Party ready to launch at a moment's notice as soon as we're near Trinary's sensor edge."

TM nodded and the line was shut down, leaving him to wonder about one other thing: Where was Mari, anyway? He hadn't seen heads or tails of her *or* her Zaku I since the Necronomicon docked at Side 6; perhaps she left, or Melodius had her sent away. Oh well, good riddance, was all TM decided to think on the matter and walked towards the hanger where his leftover 'Council of Evil' was waiting. She never would've gone along with any of this, anyway.
Sume Gai

Raven

Raven rose and "Saluted" (an act where he placed one fist over his armored chest) The very atmosphere seemed to speak his determination as if saying "Yes My Lady"

Raven turned and left he would have to hurry
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Melodius-

Necronomicon, 30 minutes later, outside Side 6 airspace

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mari," Melodius had just managed to catch the woman with the strange hairdo known as 'Blaster Mari' just as she walking out a hatch out of the Necronomicon, into the Side 6 maintenance and security sector and the hanger where the ship was berthed for retrofitting. She was looking as blazen as ever as Melodius sharply wheeled her around by grabbing her by the left arm and swinging her towards him. oO(She's beautiful like this,) Melodius remembered thinking then, in that instant. oO(Of course, she's prettier when she's not angry. But I guess this would be moot soon.) "Mari, wait a second."

"There's nothing I have to say to you, 'Commander'," Mari answered, crossing her arms, forcefully throwing Melodius' hand off of her. "You've decided to side with that...that...that..."

"If you can't describe him, don't try."

Mari fell silent.

"Don't worry, Mari. Mostly, I agree with your sentiments on Tuxedo Mask." Melodius continued, shrugging; Mari didn't look impressed. "But I'm a little lost. I've been trying to think about why you've been hanging around him for so long, but I can't come up with anything...care to enlighten me?"

For a moment, Mari just stared at him, half unable to come up with an answer and half unwilling to actually answer Melodius on that one. Melodius, however, seemed content to wait; He stood with his hands in his pockets, staring evenly back, and Mari couldn't help but notice that now he didn't look anything like the Melodius Greye who had come aboard a few hours ago, struck up a conversation with Tuxedo Mask, and commendeered everything here for his own purposes. He looked more like a level-headed officer...maybe someone she would probably go out with if Melodius had asked, but no, not likely. Mari shook her head. "Mari?"

"...If you really must know, Melodius, it's because there's no other place to *go*." Mari sighed gently. "The portal on the Necronomicon is broken, we're marked men and women, and I don't even know this Earth Sphere...Lately all I've been doing is getting dragged around here and there by that snivelling little...that..."

"Bean curd?" Melodius finished for her, smiling; Mari found herself giggling at it. "That generally sums my own feelings for our mutual 'friend' up, yes. I don't think very highly of him, either, but he knows the Necronomicon and he knows our Party Members, so I've got to bear with him for now. I hope you understand."

The two were silent for a moment. Finally, Mari looked away from him, pacing around frantically. "If I don't stay on the Necronomicon, there's nowhere else that would have me. What can I be doing? Both the Federation and Fandom want my head after the stunts TM had been pulling in the Outer Rim, and..."

"You know that's not true, Mari. There are plenty of places that you'd be better off in."

Mari stopped, turned back to Melodius with a quizzical look. "What do you mean, Commander?"

At that, Melodius took a deep breath, composing his words. "I'll be sorry to see you go, Mari," When Mari's stare *intensified* at those words, Melodius blinked, scratched his head and quickly recovered. "B-because you're pretty much the only sane person on this ship, of course --- and yes, this includes me --- but I want you to leave this ship. Get off the Necronomicon here...From Libot I'm sure you'll be able to find a transport to Von Braun, Amman, Mos Eisley, one of the Lunar cities, and even to Earth if you want."

Mari couldn't believe his words, and all she could do was blink. "...Then what? Wouldn't you kill me? Don't I know too much?"

"That's what Tuxedo Mask would do because he thinks he's too important to leave anyone behind him...but I know better, Mari. I'm surprised you think that little of me. Not that I blame you given present company..." Melodius shrugged. "I don't kill people needlessly, and I'm not going to kill you, Mari. If you want to leave the Necronomicon..."

"Why are you doing this, Melodius?"

"...Because you deserve better than to be stuck here with us, Mari. You're a good woman...and I'm sure you'll be happier someplace else. Goodbye, Mari. We probably won't see each other again, but it'd be a pleasant surprise if we did. Goodbye." Then Melodius turned around, walked back into the Necronomicon, and behind him Mari bit her lip unhappily and stared behind him. Melodius didn't check for her reaction. oO(No regrets, Melodius. Don't look back.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master's going to kill me, Melodius frowned, standing alone in the briefing room, seated on the first row opposite the podium, looking over some paperwork. But I'll miss you, Mari. Time to go back to being the only sane person on an insane ship.

There was an advantage to having only one single ship --- there was no dragging, no slowing down waiting for the other to catch up. Melodius nodded, looking over the papers in his hands --- technical blueprints of the Necronomicon's new retrofits. The entire ship, 20% larger, was now much better suited for combat --- with the addition of four Mega Particle Cannons in front, two at the rear, six Ship Missile Launchers at the front of the Necronomicon, and numerous AA guns on the sides and rear. But the most important was in the propulsion --- there were now eight protrusions on the NE, SE, SW and NW axes of the rear and center of the Necronomicon, equipped with a scaled-down Voiture Lumiere propulsion system similar to the ones equipped on Hellbore's Strike Freedom, which, when needed, gave this large ship the speed of a light cruiser. It still did not help the Necronomicon *turn*, however...

Nonetheless, Melodius knew that this system was the main part of the retrofits, and was going to help the Necronomicon get ahead of Thrawn and Lunar Corp, and get to Trinary before Thrawn's fleet can reinforce its defences. If all went according to plan, the Necronomicon would have the Phase Shift Field down before Thrawn's fleet showed up. Reaching his right hand onto his chest, Melodius pressed a few buttons on the portable comm console clipped to his suit and hailed the bridge. "Line us up with Trinary and hit the Voiture Lumieres, TM. Let's give the Federation a surprise."

As, a moment later, Melodius felt the ship accelerate to the wanted speed, he smiled to himself deviously, all the unpleasant thoughts of what Mari was doing right now suppressed from his mind. Normally, the Necronomicon would take at least four hours to get to Trinary at flank speed; With the Voiture Lumiere, the Necronomicon would be there in a little less than two and a half...

And if all went well on the Fandom end, they'd get there well before Thrawn's reinforcements arrived, and the Trinary garrison would be all but finished by then --- allowing Melodius and the Fandom to pincer Thrawn and finish him once and for all.
Sume Gai

Raven

Raven and his battle group were fast approaching the Trinary as well

they ships had been reinforced for full scale battle with the addition of three ships, 15 GN-X's and 15 Zssas.

Soon enough the Captain of the Raven's ship opened a line to the Necronomicon and began "This is the Fandom Battle group under Dark Star Knight Raven. We are the Fandom Group here to aid in the attack on the Trinary"