TARRRPG Chapter 7: A new path (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan was dismounting when he saw a man in a mask heading his way

he had heard the stories from Icer and was easily able to Identify him; the Red Eagle. Wan saluted at once and said.

"It's a pleasure to meet a celebrity like yourself"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

Charles was soon approached by what he guessed was one of the team leaders.

"It's a pleasure to meet a celebrity like yourself"

Raising an unseen eyebrow under the mask, "A celebrity even here? So much for that tropical vacation." Charles replied with a slight smirk.
Gordan returned the salute and asked "And who might you people be?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan dropped his salute and spoke;

"I am Wan Fey Lo pilot of the Guren and those..."

Wan indicated the three running laps as Icer watched them.

"...are my subordinates. So will you be in charge of this task force?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Masamune-

Hawaii Fandom Base

"How's the Ryofu Tallgeese?" Masamune asked, pacing around in the maintenance hangers, forcing the mechanic responsible for his unit to pace with him. Although trying to be externally calm, Masamune was seething within --- how could he have let Kirie Morgan do that to him? Fill his head with doubt, distract him...but still, Masamune sighed, was Kirie right? Was the Fandom really transforming him into a second Oda Nobunaga, hated by friend and foe, willing to achieve any means for victory...?

Never again, Imbecile, Masamune clenched his fists tightly. Never again will I be party to something that dishonorable. Even if it kills me in turn...

"It's pretty much totalled, Lieutenant," Was the answer. That answer caused Masamune to seeth even more, snorting derisively. "You're lucky. The Ryofu Tallgeese's reactor failed critically just as you returned to base, and then the entire power relay system got fried with it. It's not going to move, and you're lucky it didn't blow up on you. I'm sorry, sir."

"Imbecile!" Masamune snapped back, causing the mechanic to flinch, although it was more to vent out his own doubts than actual anger at the mechanic's incompetence. The young Daimyo wheeled around and swung his arm wide, gesturing at the Mobile Suits around him. "What am I going to be using for the next operation, then? I will not be stuffed into a grunt suit like some---"

The mechanic scratched his head. "Yes, we've got something prepared for you that caters to your talents, Lieutenant. Right this way..."

Huh, Masamune blinked inwardly as the mechanic led him further into the maintenance hanger sections, past Mobile Suits in repair and various crates stacked haphazardly along the walls. They'd actually have something for me here? Shrugging, Masamune followed in silence. After a few minutes, the two finally reached one particular, clean and well-maintained experimental hanger; in this hanger was a large, menacing-looking blue Mobile Suit with red trim platings.

"This is...?" Masamune began. The mechanic smirked proudly.

"The MS-08TX...Efreet Custom. An experimental Earth-terrain fast attack unit that excels in both melee and ranged combat. We've made some modifications to it, ourselves, to keep up with the Gundam Party...exchanged the Heat Swords for Beam Swords, a more powerful reactor, Beam Chaff Pod Launchers in place of the Grenade Launchers, and dual chest Gatling Guns." The mechanic reported, raising a hand proudly at the Efreet Custom, and began leading Masamune up the walkway towards the cockpit. "Most of all, though, this unit is specifically designed to accomodate Special Systems."

Masamune raised an eyebrow at the mechanic. "Special Systems...?"

The two stopped in front of the Efreet Custom's cockpit and Masamune peered in quizzically; At the back, attached to the cockpit's interface systems, was a box that didn't look like it belonged to the Efreet Custom to begin with. "We believe that when we pulled it in, the Efreet Custom was a testbed for a system called the EXAM System...try as we did, we couldn't figure out what it does, and it doesn't seem to work, so in the end we had to discard it."

"Then what's this box?"

"In place, we installed another Special System as a testbed for its efficiency...when Lowind's Gundam Epyon got a GN-Drive installed, it couldn't accomodate the Epyon Zero System it originally had, and it had been sitting in mothballs for the most part. Commander-in-chief Ishikawa said that---"

Masamune sneered angrily at that. Ishikawa...hasn't he done enough already?

"Lieutenant? Anyway...We've got Commander-in-chief Ishikawa's authorization and installed the Zero System here. Theoretically, it should boost the Efreet Custom's fighting ability, and yours, by approximately 200% to 300% when active, but as for how long you can maintain it...we don't know."

"Don't know?" Masamune turned and stared. "Haven't you tested it?"

"...No. This is the first time we've actually brought it out, to be honest. We were hoping you'd be able to give us some data on it."

Everyone fell silent. Masamune walked back a few steps and looked up at the Efreet Custom's monoeye. "...So what does this Epyon System do?"

"The Epyon System theoretically interfaces directly with the pilot's mind, implanting combat data...eliminating all doubts and fears and theoretically giving the pilot unquestionable knowledge of his or her opponent and the means to achieve total victory. But it's supposedly unstable and can't be maintained for a long period of time...if it can even be shut off to begin with..."

Something caught Masamune's ears, causing him to perk up; The Epyon System eliminating doubts and fears? Sounded like it was a terrible and powerful system, and on the Efreet Custom...could it handle the Epyon System? Could Masamune handle it? Masamune frowned, leaning back against the railing behind him.

Eliminating doubts... Masamune frowned inwardly, and shook his head. Maybe if Masamune was turning into Nobunaga, the Epyon System would warn him. Sounds like I could use it right now. "I'll take it. Thanks."

"Right, we'll have it moved to the maintenance hangers and get it ready for you. I'll go file a report with the Fandom and register you as its pilot, too, Lieutenant. If you'll excuse me..."

Then the mechanic walked away, leaving Masamune alone to stare at the cockpit, and Masamune stood back up bitterly. The Epyon System...it sounded like a tall order just to find an answer, but what choice did Masamune have? If Masamune didn't do something, if he just sat this out, Kirie's words would be the end of him. One way or another...with a shrug, Masamune walked down the walkway and, looking around for Lowind and the others, began heading back to the main base structure to see what the next offensive is about...

Then Masamune's eye caught onto Charles Gordon. The Red Eagle...Masamune smiled wryly. Maybe this day would be better for him than he thought. As Gordon piped up, Masamune walked up and held out his hand for a handshake --- something he's learned from Kayla all that time ago, and until he's cleared his doubts and what Kirie had told him, Masamune felt he shouldn't be as condescending as before, anyway. Masamune didn't deserve to after his defeat.

"Date Masamune, former Daimyo of Aizu...well, now I'm a Fandom pilot formerly under Ishikawa." Masamune narrowed his eyes bitterly at that, restraining the urge to spit at the name of that cowardly swine that made Commander-in-chief. Never again, Masamune. Never again. "It's...an honor to meet you, sir."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

"Nice to meet you, Wan. And it seems that I will be in command of this group."

Another pilot strode up to him and offered his hand. "Date Masamune, former Daimyo of Aizu...well, now I'm a Fandom pilot formerly under Ishikawa. It's...an honor to meet you, sir."

Gordon took the offered hand and shook it.
"The honor is mine if what I hear about you is true. Your skills are first rate, and it seems that you have had a run of bad luck with that Gundam team. That one machine in particular as I recall."

Although Masamune hid it well, Charles could tell that he didn't care for Ishikawa. The feeling was mutual and shared by many others. However, few complained as aside from his recent troubles with the DC, he tended to get the job done whatever that might be.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Masamune-

Masamune nodded.

"My thanks, sir. I look forward to seeing you in action, as well --- I've heard nothing but the best things about your own skill and leadership." Masamune's gaze was even, but he could sense that Gordon at least shared his dislike of Ishikawa, even if he got the job done in most cases and had proven a dangerous adversary against the DC --- Masamune himself knew better, and knew he would never forgive Ishikawa for taking Masamune's honor away from him.

At the mention of Kirie and the Musha Gundam, however, Masamune's expression grew slightly sullen and he nodded. "I won't let him make me vulnerable again, sir, I swear it. I await your command on the upcoming missions."
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan saw his chance at the end of Masamune's last statement. He had once arriving checked the lasest intelligence on the Gundam team and the local areas; He had used this to form a plan...

"Sir If I may interject I'd like to discuss our first operation; Have you checked the weather lately?"

Terrace

Terrace read over the report from the techs, scarcely able to believe his eyes. According to the Leopard Destroy's computer, it was the personal property of Terrace himself. Or at least someone with the same name, with the additional name of Two-Face. The dead body the techs had pulled out of the cockpit did greatly resemble him, but for the massive amount of scars all over the left side of the face.

But the other data that was recovered was disturbing. Apparently, this... person had been secretly supporting the late Dr. Pshytek's experiments in order to gain mind control over Terrace's own wingmen, all part of a plan to drive Terrace insane.

And now two of my team are dead, and the third's turned into a vegetable.

Why had this Two-Face wanted to make Terrace insane? Personal grudge? Unlikely, as Terrace had never met him before, even though there was that odd connection between them. Alternate future version?

Surely I can't have my own Darth Vader after me...

At the end of the report was a note stating that a copy had been sent to Commander Ryker and to Wingnut.

Terrace got up and headed over to the bridge to report in to the Commander.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily nodded at Kylern's analysis of the Unicorn Gundam and smiled, shrugging --- Kylern seemed to know more about it than Emily did already, and Destroy Mode...Emily didn't remember ever using it before, to be honest. While she *was* curious about what it did, the Epic Level House Rules on that thing confounded her, and Emily had a feeling that when plot calls, it'd activate on her anyway, so there was no rush.

"Mmmmmmm...I've never used Destroy Mode yet, and the Epic Rules confuse me a lot, but if it could be activated it sounds awesome! Constant Foresight, Haste, Owl's Wisdom, Eagle's Splendor, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace...and a whole lot of stuff? Sounds kinda game-breaking when it *does* activate but I absolutely have no clue how to turn it on. I guess maybe I can't turn it on actively. Hmm."
Wingnut

- Red Eagle -

"No, I can't say as I have checked lately. Is there something about the weather that pertains to the mission that I should know about?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"Well if you had checked you'd see there has been a large Tropical storm building right in the path of the Ceres if we act with correct timing we'll be able to attack them alone, and perhaps, exhausted"

hellbore

-Hellbore-

"Slugger, pleasure."

Hellbore watched, slightly bemused as the newcomer took of, obviously to look around. Hellbore wandered off in the opposite direction and came across Zangetsu standing over two machines. As he got closer, he made out that they where simulators, obviously in use.

He came up and signalled a greeting to Zangetsu, not wanting to disturb those in the simulators. He looked in and saw Gai with the mechanic from Gibraltar, Tallis. Gai was as good as ever, but Tallis skill with a MS was quite surprising. He let out a low whistle of appreciation.

-Juuso Eljas-

Juuso was conversing with the Practice Team when he caught sight of Charles Gordon. Tch, what he doing here, he thought. He signalled to Dan, Hendrik and Fritz to follow him. He walked up to the Eagle, with the three in tow and said, "Major Gordon. I'm Cmdr. Juuso Eljas, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I take it you'll be on the team then."
Lowind

-Lowind-

"Here we are at last. That was quite a long ride. Luckily we got here before the storm got us first."

He then noted the small group of pilots talking not too far away. Lowind could only recognise the not-very-liked face of Wan Fey Lo, but he had heard he was part of the ace group he had been told to join.

"That should be them..."

He walked up to the gathering and said, "I am Captain Bob Lowind of the Kamataichi. I assume that you are the Red Eagle?"

Hmm. Wait... what? When did you get a first name?

If you think about it, that isn't exactly the most badass name around... I had wanted to hide it before this moment. Now since my reputation, self-confidence and overall effectiveness is at this low it won't matter anyway.

"I would prefer it if you address me by my chosen name..."
Kylern

He listened and was kind of shocked that she didn't know much about her own unit. Maybe he had the advantage slightly when it came to mechanics of mobile suits since in his world this was all information you could find online. He just smiled and decided that he was making a bigger deal about things then they were.

"I'm sure its one of those things that will only show itself when you absolutely need it. Like near death or under extreme stress." If that was the case then he knew that it shouldn't be long now. Something deep inside him told him that this war was slipping into the final stages of desperation and now that the Gundam team was with them it was all down hill. Fandom didn't stand a chance against the combined might of DC and the Gundams.

"I am curious though what kind of universe do you come from? Or are you a native here?" He asked this because her behavior was kind of off... Even in his world people didn't live life by the throw of the dice so either she was slightly crazy or she was from a world where it was normal. He wanted to know for the sake of red-head curiosity.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

they had finished the program and climbed out.

"so how did I do?"

"not bad at all; you still need some more practice before you actually get in a real mech but I think you can do it."

Zangetsu

Zangetsu waved to Hellborne. "Indead Gai, is right." he said turning to Gai then Tallis. "Tallis, what mech would you like to drive? As a mechanic you must have a unique way of deciding."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

To be completely honest Tallis wanted to pilot them all; right now but her answer was ambiguous.

"Well I haven't quite decided..."

Gai added his thoughts a few moments after she trailed off

"Judging by what I saw you'd be best suited to a long range mech like the Dynames; your target practice accuracy is pretty high"

Zangetsu

"Dynames probably wouldn't be for the best. It was brought to this world already. The pilot was incredibly injured and then Dynames was stolen. Yeah, what about the Wiessritter? Highly maneverable and it's got a big gun. Or perhaps the new Dynames, whos name I can't remember." Zangetsu said.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

"It was, once again, only an example; Regardless you still need to work on perfecting the basics; then we'll worry about specializing. How bout we do this the same time tomorrow Tallis?"

Tallis was pleased things had gone so well

"sure thing; Gai!"

with that Tallis turned and left; clearly happy with how things had gone, as she was humming the theme to Gekiganger 3. Gai began to leave as well but before going turn his head to look at Zangetsu

"and Zangetsu I think the one you're thinking of is the Cherudim"

Zangetsu

"Right thats it's name. These new names will take some getting used to." he said as he steped toward the simulators. "Mind if I use these for a bit? I could get some interesting training done." he asked Gai.