TARRRPG Chapter 7: A new path (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cybaster

-Emily and Masamune-

Hearing Lune's words, Emily felt very encouraged --- no, it's not just the Aura of Courage at work. But it helps! Emily nodded, swerving the Unicorn straightforward at the Efreet Custom. "Okay! Be careful, Miss Lune!"

"Now it's the two of you now? You'll have to do better than that!"

Emily's fourth Beam Magnum burst was a horizontal cut towards Masamune as the Unicorn Gundam descended, Beam Saber still drawn; As Masamune felt Zero advise him in a flash, the Efreet Custom swerved back, firing two Beam Chaffs at the advancing Unicorn, causing Emily to suddenly spin left, push up, and hover above the water. That was what Masamune was told to wait for, however, and the Efreet Custom moved in, right shoulder extended for a tackle while the two Beam Sabers were lowered diagonally away, to its left.

*DING!*

"Uh-uh. Nope! No Attacks of Opportunity for you!" Emily cried back, slashing her own Beam Saber downwards before Masamune could finish the tackle, but Masamune was fast enough. The Efreet Custom's back leg swung forward, turning the entire unit rightwards and spinning away from Emily's slash --- and swinging the two Beam Sabers upwards at the Unicorn in counterretort, threatening to take off the head and waist with both blows.

"You were saying, Imbecile?"

"I was saying..." Emily was no slouch either, and sensing the Beam Sabers come at her, the Unicorn Gundam leapt back hurriedly, back into the air, and fired another burst of shoulder vulcans at Masamune. Masamune sneered; Zero told him to minimize the damage, and as the first of the burst of bullets recoiled against the Efreet Custom's chest armor, Masamune strafed right to avoid the rest of it and, before Emily could recompose herself, the right missile launcher emptied the last of its burst of rockets at her and Lune; Despite Emily managing to avoid most of it, two of them landed hits, one of them blowing off a chunk of the left shoulder armor and shaking the pit (causing Emily to wince) as the left shoulder vulcan was likewise rendered inoperable.

The other destroying the Beam Magnum in a brilliant energy explosion that momentarily clouded Emily and Masamune from each other's view. "That word stopped being funny three chapters ago, Masamune!"

Masamune laughed despite the clouding in vision, relying on Zero to guide him. "And you can stop me? You can't change your fate, or Lune's. Why do you even care, anyway!?"

Emily smiled fondly at that.

"I like Miss Lune for being Miss Lune. But it's not like it matters to you, does it?"

"Not one bit. Not anymore."

-Kirie-

Kirie was just about to go after Masamune again when he felt the DC Sub sink a few inches, and Kirie decided that taking out Masamune himself was not happening at all at this rate. With the amount of enemies surrounding it, the DC Sub was all but doomed; All that could be done, as Kylern was doing, was to keep the inevitable at bay for as long as possible to allow the crew to safely evacuate. But the Musha Gundam was not designed for water combat...

Could I even do anything here without my pistol?

Realizing the absurdity of his own question, Kirie shook his head and leapt the Musha Gundam off the sub again, Naginata drawn.

I *have* to, even if I can't, Kirie decided, and gave Emily and Lune one last glance in their direction. They'll have to handle Masamune without him for now. Damn you for losing your ideals, Masamune.

Then the Musha Gundam, skimming over the water, swung and spun his Naginata once, twice, and then made a passing slash at the Z'Gok E of the Waverider Team as Kirie passed by, leapt, and took to the air to get a better vantage point. He was going to have to dive in there to do more.

Suddenly, a white machine rocketed out of the DC Sub at that very time and took to the air, binders and thrusters activated...and eyed the battle with disdainful eyes.

-Black Mage-

"Underwater units, is it? It's gonna be pretty interesting seeing your entrails blown all over the ocean, hohoho!" Black Mage cooed, the L-Gaim now somersaulting into the air, gaining altitude over the Waverider Team and the Musha Gundam, and then spun itself and its right arm --- throwing a circular S-Mine down and into the water near the middle of the Waverider Team formation. At once, the S-Mine split into six, and all six smaller mines went off in a spread of shockwaves against the Z'Goks. "That's how you do it, little Samurai! Now don't you ever say my stabbing never does anything to your armor!"

"What are you trying to do!?" Kirie yelled back angrily. "You could've killed me, too, with that thing!"

"Yeah...but I didn't. Not that I would've minded if I did---waaaaaait."

Then when Black Mage turned, he caught sight of something else further up above him. And when it registered, Black Mage's eyes turned red with malice --- only one person could do this.

Leon.

"Pretty boy!" Black Mage cackled, moving the L-Gaim up and backflipping to the right, and opened up with a trio of beams from the Power Launchers at the Sturmvogel from beneath Leon. "Face-stabbing time for you, Part 2! Aren't you just glad plot contrivance keeps having us run into each other? Gosh...I'm already imagining 98 ways to gank you, up to 'Meteor Shower' and 'Having you pretend you are Leeroy Jenkins'! Got any suggestions for #99 and #100?" ^^
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex corkscrewed around the bolts of energy and switched his pistols for a pair of beam sabers. Ignighting them hes prepared to meet the saber.

Icer

They were right that he was not as fast as a VF-11 but his size both made him a small target and, thanks to the newer Float pack, quite a bit more mobile than they gave him credit for.

Icer moved down ward to evade the first set of gunfire and followed by turning and using his chest Vulcans to intercept the missiles that were now curving after him. then as the other Valkyrie tried to strike from the side he did something they never expected; he moved forward and blocked the shots with his "hair". Icer moved upwards as the wo screamed away letting their final shots impact each other

Icer could have chased after them but just then he picked up a rescue signal. from his team who had been shot down earlier. They wee alive in the water but needed to be picked up, now, before the storm grew worse.

Icer headed that way at once and opened a private com to Red Eagle

"Sir we can't keep this up we are too outmatched and outnumbered I must suggest a tactical withdrawal."

Sume Gai/Wan Fey Lo

Gai opened fire with the Hadron cannons causing the beams to converge on Wan's location from the side. Wan Ascended and the two beams disappeared shortly after meeting.

Wan then opened fire with his arm gun, hoping to distract Gai before firing a Radiation Wave. Gai Dipped to evade the shell from the arm gun and Wans blast came straight at him; with barely a second to spare Gai moved right and the wave hit the edge of Gawain's left arm damaging the fin.

Gai didn't intend to let Wan get in the only hit and quickly fired his Hadron Cannons...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Lune -

It was difficult to get in shots on the Efreet with them so close, but Lune fired off three shots anyway at the enemy unit.

- Ceres -

The heavy shots slammed into the engine block armor and, though failing to bring down the ship, still did damage.
"Engine output down by 38%!" cried the girl to Ryker's right.

Ryker noted the 707 go after the metal armors that were attacking the ship. "Give that white machine cover fire with the CIWS."

- Wingnut and Red Eagle -

The red and the black suits traded sword swipes and parries with seemingly equal skill. Wingnut had the large sabers on his last unit, but the Red Eagle was new to the form and thus even in somewhat of a blind rage, Wingnut was able to match even with the Fandom ace.
Charles switched to the dobergun and caught Wingnut off guard. Fortunately, the defense rod took the blow, but just barely. Another hit and it's done for. thought Wingnut.
Wingnut fired the linear gun to prevent the Tallgeese from jumping on him, though only one shot actually hit. I can't hold this guy much longer. This Flag just doesn't have the power to take it down.

Charles on the other hand was surprised by the attack that the Flag had given him. What did I do to earn this pilot's rage?
If Wingnut was still piloting the Re-GZ he might have made the connection, but to him, the operation in New York was just another mission that happened a long time ago and did not stand out other than it was his first contact with a Gundam.

"Sir we can't keep this up we are too outmatched and outnumbered I must suggest a tactical withdrawal." came the transmission from Icer.
The Red Eagle quickly surveyed the situation and had to agree. The team was holding their own against the Gundam force, but they really weren't making any real progress against them.
Perhaps another strategy other than a surprise attack is needed.
"Very well, begin withdrawal back to the transport plane."
Charles took one last look at the black machine in front of him. "Maybe we'll meet again, but for now I must go."

He then turned around and fired his booster to escape the battlefield.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Wan Fey Lo

The blast from Gai's Hadron Cannons headed straight for Wan. with no time to dodge completely Wan moved as far right as he could befor deploying the radiation shield. The Hadron Streams were stoped for a few seconds befor overcoming the Barrier and breaking through. Only Gai's left beam scored a hit on the left arm of Wan's machine...

Icer

Icer swept the three Akasuki pilots from the water and boosted up into the storm clouds to where their transport was waiting.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Emily and Masamune-

"Now! Attack Roll of 30...go!"

Just then, with Emily moving back up, she fired her Beam Magnum at the Efreet Custom's left side. Masamune blinked, and sneered --- he knew (and Zero) that Emily's purpose was to herd the Efreet Custom at Lune's set of shots, but at the angle Emily had fired her Beam Magnum...he didn't have much of a choice. The Efreet Custom turned and rolled past the Beam Magnum shot to the side, some of the armor sizzling and smoking at how close the Beam Magnum blast was...just as Lune's own three shots came straight at him.

Evade.

"Of course." Masamune simply said, and skated the Efreet Custom backwards, avoiding one blast; the second blast forced Masamune to raise his Beam Sabers, cross them, and block it head-on, causing the Efreet Custom to slide backwards with the force of the Valsione's shot --- and then the third came in, and threatened to bulls-eye the Efreet Custom in the chest.

At once Masamune suddenly found himself seeing multiple images as the third blast came at him, and it was all he could to register them; Images, in a flash, of him winning, and him losing just as quickly. Of his fate if he stayed in the Fandom, if he left, if he turned on them...it was too confusing, and Masamune quickly closed his eye, sneering, trying to make something coherent out of it. Was this why Lowind abandoned the Epyon System...?

Evade!!!

"Imbecile!" Masamune yelled at that and the images vanished, returning to a single thought --- how best to avoid death. Masamune sharply leapt upwards and back in response, and the Valsione's third beam sliced off the Efreet Custom's right leg missile launcher and some of the side foreleg armor. It was a clean hit; Only the Zero System and Masamune's reflexes prevented the shot from hitting higher up, and staggering a little Masamune landed the Efreet Custom on the water and angrily fired off the remainder of the mass of rockets in the left leg missile launcher in conjunction with four more Beam Chaffs from the left forearm.

Then the Red Eagle's message came in and Masamune found himself sneering angrily. It was too soon! "It's too early! The battle still hasn't been decided and---"

Retreat. Retreat, or die here.

In a flash, Masamune became deterred, and he knew for certain what he had to do. Shaking his head, he pointed both Beam Sabers at Emily and Lune. "Wash your necks and prepare your heads, you two --- by the birthright of Aizu, I shall come one day and take it from your shoulders! Zero promises me this, and so I swear it!"

Then the Efreet Custom wheeled itself around, skirted at full speed along the water and kicking massive jets of water behind it, and headed back to his home carrier. Emily, the right shoulder vulcan blazing as she tried to spin and shoot down as many of the rockets as possible, just stared at him ruefully as Masamune fled.

"The Zero System...it's wrong. As long as I'm here, that won't happen, Masamune." Emily sighed, and turned back to the Valsione to see how it was faring. "Are you okay, Miss Lune? Do you need a heal?"
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

- Leon & Falkens -

"These guys aren't too bad after all," Leon said with a wide grin. He danced and somersaulted around the laser fire while shooting down the missiles fired from a third Thunderbolt that had joined the party.

The two units he had been tracking earlier then turned their attention to the Falken units, releasing a massive swarm of micro-missiles in their direction.

"Countermeasures!" Tsuruya ordered. She and her wingmen launched chaff, intercepting most of them while Leon finished off the rest with a few missiles of his own. He was about to engage the Thunderbolt still in front of him when an all-too-familiar voice blared over the radio.

"Pretty boy!" Black Mage cackled. Leon backflipped past the trio of energy blasts the L-Gaim sent his way.

"Well, look who it is!" Leon chorused, forgetting the Thunderbolts entirely.

"Face-stabbing time for you, Part 2! Aren't you just glad plot contrivance keeps having us run into each other? Gosh...I'm already imagining 98 ways to gank you, up to 'Meteor Shower' and 'Having you pretend you are Leeroy Jenkins'! Got any suggestions for #99 and #100?" ^^

"Not really... but I can certainly think of 99 ways to shank you. Here's number ONE!"

The Sturmvogel abruptly dived towards the ocean, and the L-Gaim, all the while gathering energy around its right fist.

"Leon-ultimate-signature-style-move: Valkyrie..."

The Sturmvogel launched a vicious punch at the L-Gaim's body

"...PAAAAAAAAANCH!!!!!"

- Waverider Team -

Things were not looking good for the Waverider team. One of the DC machines--the Temjin--dropped into the water and destroyed on of the Hy-Goggs. It then proceeded to fire another burst of energy aimed at the rest of them.

"Evade!" J.T. cried. The remaining units scattered and dropped deeper into the ocean, evading the powerbomb. It was just as well, too, because a second DC machine, the Cybuster, launched an attack of his own, and would have likely destroyed them had they not been on the move.

A third machine dropped into the ocean at that point, J.T. recognzied it as the samurai-type Gundam. It slashed at his Z'Gok with its Naginata, which J.T. blocked with the Z'Gok's claws. It should have been easy for the five of them to gang up on and destroy it, but as fate would have it, it was not to be. An S-mine was dropped into the ocean. The weapons split into six and tracked the Waveriders. J.T. managed to shoot down the mine that followed him, but the rest weren't so lucky--the remaining five Hy-Goggs were lost in a massive plume of fire.

"Dammit..." J.T. muttered. As the bubbles settled, he saw that the Musha Gundam still remained.

"It seems like we're the only ones left... only one thing to do, then..." he said, then rushed forward and extended the Z'Gok-E's claw, aiming to tear at the Musha Gundam's torso.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

~Zaine~ (figured it'd be smart to post here since my character dropped in through the atmosphere.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zaine was able to bring the Exia to a halt before dropping into the stormclouds below. (Close... too close for comfort.) he looked around for a bit and noticed a few explosions nearby. so he went to investigate... (Huh?)... and, along the way, noticed an Amphibious MS try to attack a Mobile Suit he had never seen before. "Hey, look out!" Zaine shouted as he charged the suit he recognized as the Z'gok E. GN Sword ready, he caught the Z'gok and sliced off the extended claw. As it came in for another attack, it was ended with a GN Beam Saber narrowly missing the cockpit and the unit fell backwards and went silent. Suddenly the Musha bore down on the damaged Z'gok, and Zaine quickly put himself between the oversized gundam and the damaged Z'gok whose pilot was teetering on the edge of death.Zaine quickly shouted to the other Z'gok, "Hurry, and get him outta here! i'll keep this wannabe gundam busy!"

(Sorry, Strike Zero... mix-up on my part.)
Last edited by Omega on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

"No you don't..." Kylern came down ontop of the last remaining aquatic MS as it went for the Musha. His confidence boosters had sent him in quickly and with and grab he went for the outstretched hand of the unit. A power core gathered and with a release the TEMJIN sent a concussive wave downwards to crush the enemies arms. Then with a twist he threw his boosters into overdrive in order to use his battered shield as a ram. He was out to drive this guy off with one final powerbomb fired from his free arm.

-VF Teams-

The KMF tried to escape to find its friends but the two refused to let that happen. Instead they released the remaining HM micromissiles from their two pods at the remaining unit. In total about 20 or so missiles were chasing the KMF from all directions.

The second team had turned their full sights on the Falkens now that the VF-22 was intercepted by the L-Gaim. And with their full attention on the other fighters it was time to finish them. During the release of chaff to stop their missiles the three split up and used their gunpods to chew at the enemy. Then once they moved all three fired missiles in groups of three each. The reasoning was the defeat the anti-missile defenses. The first three missiles would probably be intercepted by a second three wouldn't be and would find their targets. The UN Spacy's HM micromissiles would chase the Falken's and shoot them out of the sky.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Lune -

Masamune's words were certainly unusual. Was he the one that set up the ambush against me? Maybe he's just sore about losing. I hear samurai types are like that.

"Are you okay, Miss Lune? Do you need a heal?" came Emily's voice over the comm.
"No, thank you. You did good out there, though once we get out of our mechs, I have a question I need to ask you. Let's get you back to your ship."

Lune then took the Unicorn's hand and guided it back toward the Ceres.

- Wingnut -

"Maybe we'll meet again, but for now I must go."

You can count on it.
Wingnut was about to head back to the ship when he noticed the arrival of a new machine from above.
An Exia? Did it come from space?
The question of what side it was on was answered by it starting to go after the damaged Musha Gundam.
Stowing the saber, Wingnut then transformed and raced toward Kirie's position and firing 4 shots at the newcomer once in range.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

[size=0]I HATE VF-11s[/size]
Icer

Icer couldn't use his shield with the pilots in hand but he could turn and fire his chest vulcans once again shooting down the missiles with a quick left to right sweep as he continued moving upwards.

Omega

Zaine quickly parried the shots when his alarm went off and retaliated with a volley of 12 shots from his GN Rifle. " All right wise guy, let's see what you can do!" As he charged toward the sudden attacker, He readied his GN Sword to slice the unit in two...

(Hope this is better.)
Strike Zero

- J.T. -

It was over in an instant as the Z'Gok's claw was severed by the newly-arrived Gundam Exia. The death blow was delivered as the TEMJIN unleashed a devastating attack, finishing the mobile suit.

"I'm... being defeated? No...!"

The Z'Gok exploded. J.T., and the Waverider team, were no more.

- Falken Squadron -

"Damn... even with Falkens, we're no match for Variable Fighters!" Tsuruya muttered. Though she hated to admit it, with Commander Leon distracted by the arrival of a new unit, they didn't stand much of a chance.

"Koizumi! Nagato! Pull back!"

They turned and pulled away from the enemy just in time, as they had fired a new swarm of missiles at the trio. Their quick maneuver allowed them to avoid most of the missiles... but not all. All three of them suffered badly damaging hits as several of the micromissiles found their marks.

"Ugh... forgive us... commander..." Tsuruya said, glancing back at the combating Sturmvogel and L-Gaim as they sped back in the direction of the transports.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

(wow... So Kira of you to shoot down so many HM micromissiles with just vulcans.)

-VF team-

They had no intention of letting this guy go and fired a combination of their gunpods and pulse laser cannons. They were moving in a spiraling climb manuever in order to attack from both sides and prevent its escape. This guy wasn't escaping them and after passing it up they transformed into battleroid mode and cut off its retreat back to its ship.

Both units had their bayonate equiped gunpods aimed at the KMF with smiles on their faces. Then opening their leg missile launchers they fired 4 missiles each at him knowing that the unit was should be running out of ammo soon. The missiles bloomed out as two came in from the front four from each side.

The other team engaged with the Falkens also didn't give the enemy a chance to run as they opened up fire with their gunpods. Then there was another two missiles fired at each of them before the squad broke off their aggressive assault. The Templar team had been trained to be the best and they would prove it.

-Kylern-

His fight ended with the destruction of the Z'Gok. His unit had suffered more damage from his own powerbomb attacks as much of his armor was crushed. He was even forced to disguard his shield into the ocean because it was nothing more than a small piece of scrap metal attached to his arm.

But now that the Musha was being attacked by a new unit Kylern had to run it off too. So rising from the ocean he fired four energy rockets at it from behind. The TEMJIN was almost done but Kylern was determined to push it to the very end.
Omega

... Having heard the alarm go off, he sidestepped the shots from behind, letting them hit the Overflag; or so he hoped, and turned his attention to the odd-looking machine and decided to engage.
SNT1

--Slug--

It flashed on his screen:

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Another GN-Magic Gundam. A quick analysis shows that it has basically crap for guns. Engaging from the left side, Slugger's ZetaPlus approaches with his two beam cannons firing relentlessly at the Exia, followed by a quick burst of the beam smart gun.

"I'd like to steal your technology," Slugger smirks at himself while attacking the Exia.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

(Oh hell... three on one... i'll have to be very careful) Zaine thought to himself as he raised his GN Shield to block the first attack, only to lose it to the second. "I'm NOT going down without a fight!!!" Zaine shouted aloud to the third attacker as he started firing at the new opponent.
Wingnut

Wingnut was forced mainly to dodge the incoming fire and was unable to get in a position to counterattack.
Fortunately Slug came in and drew the Exia's attention away from the TEMJIN.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

"Down you go!!!" Zaine said as he rushed the new attacker with two beam sabers, intent on slicing up the enemy unit as best he could.
Kylern

Kylern was behind the Exia and took advantage of this as a beam firing Zeta Plus arrived on the battlefield. But instead of rushing the Exia, which would have been stupid since Kylern lacked his main weapon, he started to charge his power cores again. Then he began with a firing of his four energy rockets at the Exia. This was followed up with two power bombs to either side of the Exia to prevent its movements. Both bombs were set to energy detonation as to defeat the GN particle enhanced armor. Kylern had watched 00 and knew how to fight this machine. If they could prevent its movements they could overpower it.
Omega

The attacks hit fairly hard, but using the Long and short blade, he managed to weaken the attack somewhat, though it cost him a leg, and an arm to the homing bolts.(grr... if this keeps up i'm dead!)