Here are the official policies for the Junk Guild. Please remember that all regular forum rules apply here as well.
1. The Junk Guild's purpose is to connect people who want to buy, sell or trade items. However, MAHQ does not take any participation in any transactions and is NOT liable for anything that might happen. If you have a problem with someone, get ripped off, etc., it's not our problem, so don't contact us about it.
2. No bootleg items are to be listed for sale or trade. This covers the whole range of items: DVDs, books, models, etc.
3. Items do not have to be limited the mecha or anime, but it must be in the category of sci-fi or fantasy. Selling something from Lord of the Rings or Star Trek is ok, but don't put up vacuum cleaners or sex toys for sale.
4. Posters must list a detailed description of the item they're putting up for sale or trade. If it's a DVD, state if it's new or used (if used, its condition). The more detailed your description, the better the chances of someone being interested in the item.
5. The Junk Guild is only to be used by forum members selling items on an individual basis. No businesses are allowed to use the Junk Guild to sell merchandise. We're not here to give free bandwidth for businesses to hawk their wares.
6. Once a sale has been completed, please post feedback in the original item's thread. This will allow people to see how a transaction went and decide if a person is trustworthy enough to buy from. However, all comments must be in a civil tone. If you run into a problem with someone and want to make people aware of the situation, make sure it's not a baseless accusation.
7. After the transaction is over and feedback has been posted, the thread will be closed after a reasonable period by staff. If the sale's over, there's no need to keep the thread open indefinitely.
8. If you express interest in an item, make a post saying so. After that, the seller and buyer should make contact via a PM, e-mail or whatever other fashion they wish. No business is to be conducted in the thread itself. Also, don't give out ANY personal or financial information in any thread. By doing so, you put yourself at great risk.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor