Gundam Train Station Monument

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Gundam Train Station Monument

The Japanese truly are insane. While i was looking for some articles for Gundamn, I came across this article about a Gundam monument unveiled at a train station in Kamiigusa.

The craziest part of the article is that part of the cost of the monument was government funded!

The monument does look pretty cool though.

Here's a link for some pics.

http://www.gundam.info/topic/1282
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
ShadowCell

Moved to General Discussion.
Toxicity

Lol. Perhaps Bandai has given up model kits and action figures for statues instead?
Lans

I was expecting something huge and monumental when you said about government funded. But true, the statue itself looks pretty cool.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

lans* wrote:I was expecting something huge and monumental when you said about government funded. But true, the statue itself looks pretty cool.
Its not completely government funded. The monument cost about 20 million yen, with 2 million coming from government subsidies.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
SniperBlade

Another reason. Why I love the Japanese
Gadget

The office computer doesn't show in the Japanese words. I've found an english page here.

http://mdn.mainichi.jp/entertainment/ne ... 5000c.html

And I found this in wiki.

Tram Station Monument
On 23 March 2008, the tram station Kamiigusa (上井草駅) placed a RX-78 Gundam monument in the south exit, and an original Gundam head mark will be on display on the trams until 4 April 2008. The music of the trams departing is also changed to the melody of the opening theme of Mobile Suit Gundam. The event also featured free Gundam eco-bags. The monument pose is directed by Tomino, the original creator of Gundam, and featured a pose of Gundam pointing its hand towards the sky symbolizing paragenesis and hoping for the future. According to the director, it corresponds to the title of the first episode of Gundam, ガンダム大地に立つ!!, and carries a meaning of from Earth

The usual accuracy problems with wiki still applies here. Free Gundam eco-bags? So the RX78-2 is now Eco or Greenie Gundam now :?:

What need now is ticket conductors in EF or ZEON uniforms. And automated Haro food vendors :wink:
Kishiria

I love it! Tomino looks so proud.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.