Warning! Mars evacuation plan has been activated

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
razgriz

might need to get the lil green stuff for that night, and i aint talkin martians :lol: no seriously drugs r bad mkay :wink:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Bord

Where's the Satellite System when you need it!? No, seriously, I'm worried about its possible effects on Earth when it hits mars. Fragments would probably rain here, but in the rare and unfortunate event that it changes course and heads for us, we can blow it up right? I mean, we have lots of nukes in the US alone to shatter this big rock.
Nagato21

Bord wrote:Where's the Satellite System when you need it!? No, seriously, I'm worried about its possible effects on Earth when it hits mars. Fragments would probably rain here, but in the rare and unfortunate event that it changes course and heads for us, we can blow it up right? I mean, we have lots of nukes in the US alone to shatter this big rock.
Don't you know? Nukes don't do squat to asteroid because of their mass, speed and composition (dust and metal) the nukes won't be very effective.
Beside you'll need months of calculations and retrofiting an ICBM for an orbital strike would certainly take more time. But I am sure the AIR FORCE is working on the problem bet you they got an Excalebur Laser system or something ready just in case. 8)
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
razgriz

or they could do something pseudo armageddon-ish by having a piloted space shuttle armed with a very large and powerful nuke fly directly at the asteroid and detonate itself and the poor guys aboard on the 'roid surface in order to try and deflect it, assuming the asteroid isnt too big or small. obviously blasting it to a million pieces is just not an option with our level of technology.
(setsuna giggling)
~SEED~

and then japan reveals the RX 78 2 GUNDAM! ( I hope) but seriously It will rain down as millions of fragments. But The thing is mars is quite big so if it does, we can only hope that earth gets a ring around it that WAS mars
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
DAG101

razgriz wrote:or they could do something pseudo armageddon-ish by having a piloted space shuttle armed with a very large and powerful nuke fly directly at the asteroid and detonate itself and the poor guys aboard on the 'roid surface in order to try and deflect it, assuming the asteroid isnt too big or small. obviously blasting it to a million pieces is just not an option with our level of technology.
...and, blowing up an asteroid heading for earth is the absolut most retarded thing you can do. then, instead of having a large, "visible" (With equipment) rock, you have billions of them, which will hit a larger area of the earth. it's much easier to just load thousands of rockets on it, and push it away. and don't forget this:
The asteroid poses no threat to Earth.
that basically means the asteroid poses no threat to Earth.
The head of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program said the crash would be "cool."
What great scientific terminology :lol:
razgriz

assuming you have enough prior warning in order to formulate an asteroid deflection plan to begin with. i've heard from some history channel program that about 90% of the sky, and its a pretty big sky isnt being monitored due to lack of manpower.

somebody call zaft and ask if we can borrow some of those meteor breakers :lol:
(setsuna giggling)
teslashark

Zeonic Glory wrote:This will be something interesting to bring up in science class...

Unfortunately, the Oldsmobile Army (Mars Zeon) could destroy it before it hits...
but the grand zam isn't complete! :!: :shock:
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Zeonic Glory

Aww, the morning news says that scientists say that it will miss Mars...

It was pretty random to see it on the news this morning. It caused massive lol though.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
razgriz

they didnt happen to mention its missing mars because its going to hit earth itself right? cuz that would really suck :shock:
(setsuna giggling)
ShadowCell

So that pretty much ended the point of this thread, huh.
Lans

But the things about Chuck and Bruce isn't end yet. :lol:
Nagato21

I have been searching but no news yet :shock:
I smell government conspiracy lol
I guess that ends the thread until more news
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
DAG101

lans* wrote:But the things about Chuck and Bruce isn't end yet. :lol:
Damn! We forgot about Pierce Brosnan! lol

yeah, people have said things about this asteroid hitting earth, there is an asteroid that will pass close by earth (the date was like 2009, or something. within the next 5 years, for sure) and although they don't know exactly where it will go, there is a region of space that, if the asteroid passes through, it will loop around the sun and hit earth (which will take a few years, at least)
razgriz

i'm waiting anxiously for that day when im watching tv and then...
"we interrupt regular programming for this special report"
followed by...
"we now have confirmed reports that the asteroid scientists predicted to collide with mars will now miss the red planet completely...well thats certainly good news for mars isn't it? :lol: scientists now confirm that the asteroid will collide with earth instead...oh, oh my :cry:
(setsuna giggling)
mcred23

ShadowCell wrote:So that pretty much ended the point of this thread, huh.
Correct. Since the odds of the astroid hitting are now 1-in-10000 that it will hit, we have no need to keep open the subject (Particularly since most of what's being posted in this thread has little to actually do with the subject anyway).

So yeah, the story is over, and so is this thread.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')