Conan O'Brien Gundam

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Malik Carr

Conan O'Brien Gundam

Evening gentlemen.

Anybody happen to remember this little gem?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... a6b291.jpg

I'm trying to find any kind of citation I can use for the appearance of this Late Night commercial bump for a Wikipedia article (you know how those types are with "reliable sources"). I don't suppose any MAHQ denizens might have that kind of knowledge or a point in the direction thereof? It's kind of a specific thing, so I haven't turned up squat on Google.
Nightwing03

Don't use IMG tags...use URL ones instead...

But anywho, i do remeber this, it was on a few months ago IIRC, i've tried looking for that picture quite some time...but i have no info on it.
♣♦♠♥
Malik Carr

They ran a rerun of that episode? It's an incredibly old one (circa May 2000), I didn't even know they kept prints of those.
Randall Miyashiro

It might have been originally shown before 2000 and reused since then. I remember a friend telling me about it when it aired, and I believe it predates the US Wing Gundam airing. I remember my firend who wasn't paying close attention during the commercial break said he saw something that looked like the MK II to me the next morning.

This is the first time I've actually seen the image!
lalahsghost

I'd contact Conan O'Briens's show somehow... I mean... What else would they be doing while the writer's strike is going on? I bet they're twiddling their thumbs, praying for emails.

Lets not forget the Angsty rant/rave about the Macross/Robotech confusion by the african american male sitting on a couch. It used to be all over youtube. Apparently someone involved with the CO'B show is an enthusiast of robottos!
Wedge14

That angsty African American male is Pierre Bernard. And he's the graphic artist for the show.

So more likely then not the guys a gundam fan.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Big Zabowski

Ah, Mr. Bernard. Everytime I see that on youtube, it forced epic lulz from within, and forces me to become dyslexic with the keyboard. Indeed, I wouldn't put it past him to take an HCM Mk II and plop a modeled Conan head onto it, which I believe was done to make that image.

I need to make an avatar of that sometime..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
artmaster079

Ah, yes, I remember this... I agree that your best bet would be to contact them, who better to certify it for official use than the show that made it?

And I love Pierre Bernard's rants. Especially the Stargate one (that one got him on the actual show!!). I think he even talked about Gundam once...
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

Malik Carr wrote:They ran a rerun of that episode? It's an incredibly old one (circa May 2000), I didn't even know they kept prints of those.
NBC needs something to show while the writers are striking and really old episodes have been chosen to fill in.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Malik Carr

Hahah, I agree.

That said, I did fire off an email to NBC, and received their usual "due to the volume of emails we receive, blah blah blah, probably not going to send you an individual response" automated response. Oh well, maybe something like this will turn up.

Oh, if you wanted a cleaner image, you can find one here:

http://centerclick.org/conan/art.shtml?6.

Kind of a "Late Night" bump compendium of sorts.
lalahsghost

Malik Carr wrote:Hahah, I agree.

That said, I did fire off an email to NBC, and received their usual "due to the volume of emails we receive, blah blah blah, probably not going to send you an individual response" automated response. Oh well, maybe something like this will turn up.

Oh, if you wanted a cleaner image, you can find one here:

http://centerclick.org/conan/art.shtml?6.

Kind of a "Late Night" bump compendium of sorts.
You can contact Totally Graphic AKA PIERRE BERNARD'S GRAPHICS "COMPANY" by e-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 1-718-421-7418 or write to Totally Graphic,
P.O. Box 1137, New York, NY 10150.
Malik Carr

Zing! I will do just that. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh poop, his address has a 522 Quota violation, or so the Mailer-Daemon tells me. Grumble.
Last edited by Malik Carr on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haros_Pet_Kat

What I find most amusing is the emblem on the shield. Almost makes it an ace pilot MSV, heh.

EDIT: "Conan O'Brien! Ikimasu!"
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
razgriz

ah conan is there anything you cant do? :D
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!