Nissan GTR - coming to America - Gundam inspired?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

Nissan GTR - coming to America - Gundam inspired?

Alright car nuts, the skyline is coming here in the USA.

480 horsepower V-6 twin turbo, around 440 lb/ft of torque. Too bad, it will cost north of $70,000 USD.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... issan_gt_r
Overall, the GT-R's exterior design pays homage to modern Japanese culture. Hasegawa admits to harnessing his countrymen's fixation with all things futuristic and high tech-such as Sony's Aibo robotic dog and "Mobile Suit Gundam," a popular Japanese cartoon about giant robot warriors. "The 'coolness' of machines like Aibo and Gundam comes from the fact that they're inorganic, yet made to show movements of something truly alive," clarifies Hasegawa. "We wanted to infuse something similar into the design of the GT-R, which is also a machine."
lol @another Gundam in real-life reference

...and I think the Z06 is still better than this.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Gadget

Actually, it should be Godzilla.

A quote from wiki:

The R32 series Nissan Skyline GT-R was nicknamed Godzilla by Wheels magazine for its performance and Japanese exclusivity (neglecting Grey Markets).

I could vouch for that. When the Skyliner was first introduce in Australia for racing, it was nickname 'Godzilla'. It was more powerful than the Holden Commoder, and Ford Delta. It also feature 4 wheel drive and all wheel steering.
artmaster079

Yeah, Gunota posted something about that a little while ago:

Gundam influences automobile design
Business Week did a write-up on Nissan's redesign of the GT-R sports car. Shiro Nakamura, Nissan's chief creative officer, said that the car had to really reflect Japanese culture and, the article notes, "the inspiration for the model's square lines and high-tech vents came from Gundam, the Japanese anime series featuring giant robots." The $69,850 automobile will be available in the US for the first time in June as well as Japan. Galleries of photos can be seen at Nissan USA's site and Motor Trend.

I absolutely love this car! When I found out it was Gundam-inspired, I have to admit I got a bit excited about it - - then reality struck when I realized i'm too poor to own one lol.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

I absolutely love this car! When I found out it was Gundam-inspired, I have to admit I got a bit excited about it - - then reality struck when I realized i'm too poor to own one lol.
There's (probably) always Tamiya versions for us peasants xD
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
razgriz

well look at it this way, if you drive a ford, you're that much closer to driving a jaguar, if u drive an audi (like me) you're that much closer to driving a lamborghini, and so if you are driving a nissan you're that much closer to becoming amuro ray (hopefully with a better haircut) :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!