Linkin Park Mecha

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
J-Lead

Dark Duel wrote:Disregarding the Green Day comment(I'm rather a fan of Green Day), what about NGE fans' obsession with Rammstein? That annoys me even more, frankly.
Alright, for the record, I do like old Green Day, (pre American idiot,) but I can't shake the vibe that punk just kinda...well, "died" in the 80's, and a lot of bands try unsuccessfully to revive or reinvent it. :( Maybe I'm the only one who gets that vibe...

Although I never actually realized the common connection of Rammstein with NGE footage...until just now. :shock: I'd like to overlook the whole "LOLZ!!! ASUKA IZ PART GERMANN, THATZ WHY!" connection...maybe someone just made one Rammstein/Eva vid, and another thought is was cool and made his own, then two more thought his was cool and made their own, etc. (pretty much what I think happened with Linkin Park as well...)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Saikuba

Dark Duel wrote:Disregarding the Green Day comment(I'm rather a fan of Green Day), what about NGE fans' obsession with Rammstein? That annoys me even more, frankly.
Maybe it is just because it's German and thus the "clever" connection to Asuka? Because I've stumbled across a bunch of Toten Hosen Evangelion AMVs as well. Rammstein at least has the fact that they have a song named "Angel." Though I suppose Die Toten Hosen has a song about how great drinking is as well so the German could theoretically be coincidental. But I doubt it.

And while we are on the other subject, Die Toten Hosen is a great punk band. Of course they've been around since the 80's and so that might account for a lot of it.
ZeonfromHell

I happen to think listening to Robot Rock from Daft Punk would be good for an AMV of Various Gundams laying waste to their respective cannon-fodder-antagonist mobilesuits.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Koshernova

ZeonfromHell wrote:
assault gundam wrote:
Kosh wrote:Then you ought to tell them to please pay some royalties to Sunrise:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4963 ... matwy5.jpg

Also, tell them to stop making bad music.

first of all, that's the MC, backup guitar, keybord Mike Shinoda's artwork, he also designed the cover for hybrid theory and i think even meteora. He has a diploma in graphic arts. And linkin park rules!
Yes, I am appalled. Linkin Park is awesome! They're the only band I like that combines hard rock melody with hip hop-style vocals. I mean how can you harp on In the End, Crawling, Lying Away from You, Easier to Run, Breaking the Habbit, Numb, or What I've Done (aswe all know is from the newly released Transformers)?
I can harp on the fact they sound trite, overused and extremely bland, when I can name five bands off the top of my head that can do it much better.

And yes, the guy may be a graphic artist, but he's not a particularly good one if all he can do is put a Franken on the cover of a mass-release CD.
assault gundam

Kosh wrote:
ZeonfromHell wrote:
assault gundam wrote:
first of all, that's the MC, backup guitar, keybord Mike Shinoda's artwork, he also designed the cover for hybrid theory and i think even meteora. He has a diploma in graphic arts. And linkin park rules!
Yes, I am appalled. Linkin Park is awesome! They're the only band I like that combines hard rock melody with hip hop-style vocals. I mean how can you harp on In the End, Crawling, Lying Away from You, Easier to Run, Breaking the Habbit, Numb, or What I've Done (aswe all know is from the newly released Transformers)?
I can harp on the fact they sound trite, overused and extremely bland, when I can name five bands off the top of my head that can do it much better.

And yes, the guy may be a graphic artist, but he's not a particularly good one if all he can do is put a Franken on the cover of a mass-release CD.
okay buddy. Go to mikeshinoda's homepage and click on the art section.
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
Testament

assault gundam wrote:
Kosh wrote:
ZeonfromHell wrote: Yes, I am appalled. Linkin Park is awesome! They're the only band I like that combines hard rock melody with hip hop-style vocals. I mean how can you harp on In the End, Crawling, Lying Away from You, Easier to Run, Breaking the Habbit, Numb, or What I've Done (aswe all know is from the newly released Transformers)?

okay buddy. Go to mikeshinoda's homepage and click on the art section.
I went there.
...well, I don't like it. Is it just me, or does every artist/designer put some weird abstract stuff in their websites? It ticks me off when -famous- people put a circle with lines as eyes and mouth and call it art.

He may be a great artist, but I don't see anything special in his works; I would rather say the Zaku he made for the LP cover sucks. Artistic? yes. Colorful? yes. Well drawn? not at all. Perspective errors, boxiness everywhere... come on, even I can do something better, and that's saying a lot.
Mecha gallery | DA gallery
Original mecha designs and lineart.