Without Anime/Gundam

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mark064

Without Anime/Gundam

So a random thought that appeared in my head last night. What if you never got interested in anime and devoted the time/money into it. What if you didn't buy the 100,000 yen Char Cellphone? Would you have been Captain of the Football team scoring with girls left and right? Would you finally have that hot car you are saving up for? Or perhaps did anime save you? Would you have been living in a ditch right now if it wasn't for the influence or anime. Or perhaps your goal to be a scientist is becoming a reality due to the influence you had on anime. Or maybe your life would have been the same just instead of anime you'd be watching shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, House, 24, Prison Break, etc. Share your thoughts!
Dygenguard

I watch Family Guy, House, and anime. Not at the same time, but if I could...wow...

I'm pretty sure I'd have become a full-time gamer instead. I've always put computer/console games before anime and without anime, obviously I only have the other hobby to invest in. Really, it might have been better that way considering my financial situation. Having limited income as a college student sucks... :?
Ougi: Guren Maengun!!!
The Big Zabowski

Meh; I'd probably be less of a mecha-head and more of a Military Nut.. It was my first passion before I was sidetracked by Gundam, and then anime in general. But now there's been a wanning of my interest of general anime, so yeah... I'm starting to revert to my pre-anime days.

Yeah, watching a General Motors FM-2 is a hell of a lot better than watching Potemayo run around in circles..

Hell, now that I think of it, I'd probably spend less time online if it weren't for anime, and thus wouldn't be quasi techno-savvy..XD
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
codename:v

I would have been more involved in fine art and probably DC Marvel that kind of stuffs. Then again, Transformers wouldn't even exist either...
ShadowCell

I would rule the world.
SNT1

I would have more Eagles, Falcons, Fulkrums and Flankers in my shelf than I do Crossbones, Freedoms and Deathscythes. My LEGO interest might still be higher.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Nightwing03

I might've not lost my skill to draw by hand, i started watching Gundam/anime around 5 years ago, and back then i was totally awesome at drawing by hand but now i cant even copy something out of my old sketch book.
♣♦♠♥
Toxicity

Re: Without Anime/Gundam

Mark064 wrote:So a random thought that appeared in my head last night. What if you never got interested in anime and devoted the time/money into it.
I have no clue. I've been into anime for as long as I can remember, and I don't remember any of my hobbies or anything from before I found Toonami.
Folken Fanel

I'd have a social life, a girlfriend, and about $1000 more than I do now. I might also be tan, atheletic, and I know I wouldn't dread people coming over because when they see the models on my shelf they ask "What are those?" and I respond, "Uh, well...just leave".
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Strike Zero

I can't possibly imagine my life without Anime and Gundam. It's just... something I'm unable to comprehend.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ultimetemark4

I would have better grades.....probably care more about my friends ideas...would also be eating babies
Once we mass produce the Sazabi.....
SNT1

Folken Fanel wrote:I'd have a social life, a girlfriend, and about $1000 more than I do now. I might also be tan, atheletic, and I know I wouldn't dread people coming over because when they see the models on my shelf they ask "What are those?" and I respond, "Uh, well...just leave".
Some friends ame over at my house way back. We were showing them around the house---and they looked quite interested in Gunpla (as in, they think it's cool). Asked what those are, I replied, "It's my private military" :P /facepalm
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
MrMarch

I'd be ruling the Earth with an iron fist. Be thankful I'm easily distracted by bright primary colors :) :P
Draco Starcloud

Lesse...I'd probobly have devoted the part of me that is for anime to Godzilla, Transformers, and Star Wars.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
wing zero alpha

Hm. I'd probably be locked up in a padded room somewhere.
Hyakushiki

I'd be reading more Sci-Fi novels and playing more video games. Maybe I'd have more money too.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
RedShirt0909

I'd be doing my homework instead of watching anime... so I'd have better grades, plus more $$, and a better social life (sighs). I really should stop, but I don't want to, and I can stop whenever I want...
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Kishiria

I've always been an SF/Fantasy fan, so probably I'd be watching the live action shows on Sci-Fi instead of watching the anime I do now. I don't watch both, like many do.

I otherwise think my life would be tracking pretty much identically.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Mark064

Dygenguard wrote:I watch Family Guy, House, and anime. Not at the same time, but if I could...wow...
You aren't the only one.

Might as well throw in mine. Well my life would actually be really different not so much of money and time spent but because people I've met through anime. A few years back I started to hang out with people from the local anime convention through the forum (we never actually did anything anime related). To make this a short story I became friends with some people through that and that's how I met my ex-girlfriend (she didn't like anime her friend dragged her along). So because of her I ended up going to college, I always planned to but I honestly probably would have never gotten around to it. So really pretty much all my friends these days are either the cause of the anime convention people that I'm still friends with or paths in life I've taken after my ex-girlfiend and I broke up which otherwise wouldn't happen.

So where would I be? I'd be way more into videogames I guess like I was back during the N64 and to a lesser extent the Dreamcast eras. Probably working some construction job and not going to college (to be fair I do demolition now but I go to college too) and hating my job. It's also a possibility I'd live in Edmonton as a few of my friends from highschool moved there and wanted me to go too but I got school. And of course I met them before I was too into anime and they hated it.
Heecarl_Reez

w/out Gundam i'll probably more interested in cars.
w/out Gundam/anime i won't draw as much as now,and i won't dream as mangaka...
w/out them the dvd on my shelves probably gone...
w/out them i won't download so many mp3(oops)...

It's not such a problem if i don't know Gundam/anime,perhaps it will be better,coz my money won't be in those merchandise,but who knows...
and it will be better coz,i won't know some crap shows(GSD)..
oh man somewhat i want to change my time...But this is it,my life now...
surrounded by Gundam,anime and,j-music...
And i don't know what will i became if i don't know them...

:D