Prayer/good thoughts/ best wishes

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Ali-Sama

Prayer/good thoughts/ best wishes

There are a series of fires in orange county. This is a Prayer/good thoughts/ best wishes for everyone who is in the area.,a big should out to the brave fire fighters who are doing their level best to not only combat the fires but are saving lives. I hope that everyone is safe and well.
I not only live in the area but i have family and friends. We can smell the smoke in our back yard, it is getting thick. I hope to god everyone is okay.

God Bless,
Ali
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258229,00.html
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
ShadowCell

I live in Orange County.

The fire's in southeast Orange County (as far as I know) and I'm in north Orange County, so for now I have nothing to worry about, other than my allergies rising up and deposing all my other brain functions in a horrible orgy of bloodlust and revolution.

But it is kinda eerie to look out the window and see the sky all red.
Ali-Sama

ShadowCell wrote:I live in Orange County.

The fire's in southeast Orange County (as far as I know) and I'm in north Orange County, so for now I have nothing to worry about, other than my allergies rising up and deposing all my other brain functions in a horrible orgy of bloodlust and revolution.

But it is kinda eerie to look out the window and see the sky all red.
i hope it does not go to your area. I live in lake forest on the border of irvine.
It is scary.
Ali
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
ShadowCell

Yeah, I'm surprised you're still there. The OC Register says that they haven't called for a bunch of mandatory evacuations, but I would think the conditions would drive people out anyway.

I'm up north of Fullerton, so it has to go through all of Anaheim and Santa Ana to get to me. So, uh, that's comforting, I guess.

I hear the San Diego fire is a lot worse, though.
SNT1

I am fortunate enough to not live in a fire-prone are (severe T-storms and ocassional tornadoes are our specialty), but I have been around in CA during a huge fire near Tahoe. The amount of smoke was thick, covered the entire city of Reno NV... this is serious stuff.

I do hope and pray somehow the firefighters and everyone in CA get a break.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ali-Sama

ShadowCell wrote:Yeah, I'm surprised you're still there. The OC Register says that they haven't called for a bunch of mandatory evacuations, but I would think the conditions would drive people out anyway.

I'm up north of Fullerton, so it has to go through all of Anaheim and Santa Ana to get to me. So, uh, that's comforting, I guess.

I hear the San Diego fire is a lot worse, though.
fortunatly it isnt' that close yet they are fighting it roughly 5 miles away or so.
They are holding the line. My third cousin once removed lives there. they are now packing to come to our house.
Ali
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

My mom and sister live less than five miles from the southwest tip of the Irvine blaze. Mom's got the car packed up and is waiting on possible evac orders.

Her house is situated in the middle of a huge, tightly-packed grove of eucalyptus trees, many of which are dying. These trees basically explode when they burn. If that forest catches fire there will be little or no time for people to escape the resulting firestorm.

Going to be an interresting couple of days.
Sanjiro

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in that area.....Kudos to the firefighters, too. A few relatives of mine live in CA, but they're too far away (near Edwards AFB) Also, they live on the edge of the Mojave desert.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it."

--Sun Tzu
Draco Starcloud

I've been watching the news all day. They aren't saying it's headed my way, so I haven't made any plans to evacuate. Probobly should though. :\
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Kishiria

San Diego County is also on fire, and worse off. 250,000 people have been evacuated. I doubt we'll be in that number; we live a mile and a half from downtown so if we get to the point where we need to evacuate, the city is gone.

It's times like this where I just want to kick my husband in the balls for insisting we move here.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Newtype87

My grandparents live in Encinitas: they got evacuated last night. I've also got two aunts, an uncle, three cousins, and my great-grandmother in the general San Diego area. My sympathies and support are extended to everyone in the area, and I hope everyone in the path of those fires gets out okay.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
SNT1

AP wrote:SAN DIEGO - Faced with unrelenting winds whipping wildfires into a frenzy across Southern California, firefighters conceded defeat on many fronts Tuesday to an unstoppable force that has chased an estimated 1 million people away.

Unless the shrieking Santa Ana winds subside, and that’s not expected for at least another day, fire crews say they can do little more than try to wait it out and react — tamping out spot fires and chasing ribbons of airborne embers to keep new fires from flaring.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21431682/?gt1=10450

Bad news. Looks like there's nothing they can do except to wait it out and save as much things as possible. Much worse than Katrina here, good thing the people of Southern LA are more prepared.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
razgriz

that amazing but overworked DC-10 tanker can only do so much, i think at this point all they can do besides fall back is to set up as many firelines and breaks as possible and jus let itself burn out but apparently smaller fires are starting to merge to form larger fires so this is much like what happened in greece a few months ago. but yes we are definitely much more prepared and determined to save as much of our state as we can.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
codename:v

My condolences to the families who lost their loves one to the fury...
Kishiria

I just got back from a friend's place and the air is much more humid. I'm hoping this means a good change is on its way. Two friends of mine had to cancel their wedding Sunday because of it. :(
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
ShadowCell

The forecast for the next few days has it getting cooler (so even if southern California wasn't being consumed by a giant blazing inferno of doom, that's a relief). And the winds have started to die down, so hopefully that will help.

That said, I hear that the fire crews don't expect to have the largest of these fires 100% put out until late November. But hopefully the worst is beginning to end.