Transformers in Iraq? (MSN Satire)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
The Big Zabowski

Transformers in Iraq? (MSN Satire)

Andy Borowitz wrote:Bush Proposes Sending Transformersâ„¢ to Iraq
Awards $85B Defense Contract to Hasbro.

The Oval: Bush’s Real Plan for Iraq

July 17, 2007 - Increasingly frustrated by the Iraqi government’s failure to meet a series of defined benchmarks, President George W. Bush today proposed sending a group of giant robots known as the Transformers™ to Iraq.

Aides to the president were vague as to when Mr. Bush arrived at his new Transformersâ„¢ strategy. But sources say that he devised the plan last week, shortly after a surprise visit to a multiplex in Bethesda, Md.

In announcing his new proposal, the president authorized an $85 billion defense contract to Hasbro, believed to be the largest military contract of its kind ever awarded to a toy company.

At a White House press conference, the president expressed his confidence that the Transformersâ„¢ would succeed where the Iraq government had failed.

"I’d like to see what would happen if Al Qaeda tried to attack one of our tanks, and instead the tank got up on its legs and turned out to be a robot and started shooting at them," Mr. Bush said. "That would be so cool."

But even as the president announced his new plan for victory in Iraq, congressional critics questioned the wisdom of dispatching Transformersâ„¢ to the war-torn nation.

"A tank that can turn into a giant robot is awesome, but it’s not an exit strategy," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada.

Responding to his critics, Mr. Bush said that he would announce an exit strategy later this week after consulting with his newest advisor, J.K. Rowling.

"She has experience at ending things," Mr. Bush said.

Elsewhere, China announced plans to send a new brand of rat poison to the United States under the name "Delicious Cupcakes."
O_o.. Epic satire is epic...

And note: IT'S SATIRE PEOPLE! Don't get all pissy over the political context. I don't want to feel stupid for doing this, but I just wanted to share this.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Gadget

So, is the new Japanese PM (no relation to the guy who directed SEED), going to send in Mobile Suits as support? Maybe they could work along side the Blade or Zero Liger.
PM Brown (UK) could appointed Joesph Dredd as Security Chief.
Tafumi

I shouldn't have eaten that cupcake...
eztofu

your source is quite questionable TBZ :lol:
acguy rules. period.
wing zero alpha

The new rat poison wouldn't be laced with Lead, would it? :P
VR7

Huh.

For some reason I thought it came from The Onion. :P
-noel
razgriz

ah msn, no wonder stewie griffin enjoys guest hosting countdown when keith olberman is taking a dump, thats one fine network :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
DAG101

Huh. When I first read that, until the third paragraph, I thougth that was real...
now, why use MS as support...ship the construcion to mexico, pay 50C a unit... (remembers Robot Chicken's 6 Million Peso Man...) nah, 6mil peso man is better...
still, giaant transforming tanks has to be a great military stragety ("OMG!!! GIANT KILLER ROBOT!!! SUNRISE IS INVADING!!! LOOK, A GIANT TURN-A SYMBOL!!! MOONLIGHT BUTTERFLY!!! now I can't remember what we were doin???")
Nightwing03

Man, moonlight butterfly would destroy basically everything in sight.
♣♦♠♥
codename:v

Cupcakes? Why not just named them "Ratatouille"?
Kyranik

Re: Transformers in Iraq? (MSN Satire)

The Big Zabowski wrote:
Responding to his critics, Mr. Bush said that he would announce an exit strategy later this week after consulting with his newest advisor, J.K. Rowling.

Oh God, everyone's friends are going to get married and have kids with each other in the happiest way possible.
Darth Optimus

Re: Transformers in Iraq? (MSN Satire)

The Big Zabowski wrote:
Andy Borowitz wrote: In announcing his new proposal, the president authorized an $85 billion defense contract to Hasbro, believed to be the largest military contract of its kind ever awarded to a toy company.

Probably the only one too.
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
Antares

Kyranik said:
The Big Zabowski wrote:
Oh God, everyone's friends are going to get married and have kids with each other in the happiest way possible.
Unfortunately, it will be all for naught after Rowling outs one of the major players of her exit strategy team and shortly after that no one cares about the plan itself. Major news networks, however, will ignore the story which is centered on a factual character. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.