It's Airborne and We're All Going to Die.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mwulf

It's Airborne and We're All Going to Die.

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but I think the message is clear.

My advice: it's time for all of us to strip off all our clothes and fall into the lifestyle of hedonism and debauchery that we're... expected to. It's in the Bible, or something.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ascension

Not so! We all know that mysterious stuff from space actually turns us into superheroes! This is like the airborne form of the Venom symbiote or something.

NOTE: I'm only cracking jokes because 1.) no one has died yet and 2.) it sounds so unbelievable it's probably a hoax.

In the event someone dies from it, I will immediately apologize and retract all humorous statements.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Fritz Ashlyn

TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

Hey, at the very least, hoax or no, the original link at least has the web address in the right format. That zombie one is obviously bogus.
Fritz Ashlyn

Ascension wrote:Hey, at the very least, hoax or no, the original link at least has the web address in the right format. That zombie one is obviously bogus.
And also put up on April 1, 2005. It was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP article.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
SNT1

^
After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”
Wow. :shock:

Resident Evil 6?!? :idea: :idea:
Last edited by SNT1 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

It claims to have been posted "Mon Sep 17, 11:23 PM ET"... I don't know where you're getting the April Fools Day thing from...
SNT1

It says Last updated: April 1, 2005 right at the top
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

Enter: Kal-El and Venom.
Fritz Ashlyn

And I, for one, welcome our new meteorite-borne overlords.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ascension

I'm talking about the meteor strike, not the idiotic zombie mess. Did you also notice that it has a link to a perfectly legitimate-looking video news report about the meteorite thing? I'm beginning to lean towards authenticity on this one. Either that or the AP owes someone a big lawsuit for using their logo...

The zombies are an obvious hoax. It's this Peru thing I'm genuinely concerned about.
Fritz Ashlyn

I never said the Peruvian death meteor was fake. I guess I'm just the kind that likes gallows humor.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ascension

"Peru meteorite" gets 411,000 Google hits including just about every major news service you can think of. I highly doubt that every one of them is a fake.

It's real people. It's out there. It could be landing in your backyard. The water's about to start turning to Wormwood.

THE END IS NIGH!

I think I might just use "anxiety about the impending doom of the world" as an excuse for turning in homework late...
Fritz Ashlyn

I'm really not that worried at this point.

Plus, I'm probably pretty well prepared for the end. I've got access to an obscenely large stockpile of weapons and lots of ammo, I'm a Freemason, a Texan, and (thanks to the internet) an ordained minister. I'm basically the badass hero of a horror/post-apocalyptic movie.

BRING IT, APOCALYPSE
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ryujin

This has happened before.

Back in June 1882, a large meteorite crashed into a farm owned by one Nahum Gardner, near the town of Arkham, Massachusetts. Gardner's entire family reportedly suffered illness, both mental & physical, shortly afterwards. It was also said that the vegetation in the area exhibited unusual properties afterwards. The meteor was described as having an unusual 'colour.'

A surveyor last visited the area in 1927 and reported that the entire area of about 5 acres was completely devoid of life.
Last edited by Ryujin on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gadget

You sure it's not Smallville? Or could it be from the GL Crops (Green Lantern) Alan Scott's (The frist Green Lanter) green meteroite causes lots of death in ancient china before it went to alan Scott.
Fritz Ashlyn

Ryujin wrote:This has happened before.
Oh crap, this is The Colour Out of Space!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Nimrod

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:And I, for one, welcome our new meteorite-borne overlords.
hahaha...awesome Kent Brockman quote.

When this dies down will you once again swear allegiance to your human president? :wink:

Topic at hand...We'll see if this is really something caused my the meteor of just something like a new wacky version of the ebloa virus that's unrelated to said falling rock.
Saikuba

Ryujin wrote:This has happened before.

Back in June 1882, a large meteorite crashed into a farm owned by one Nahum Gardner, near the town of Arkham, Massachusetts. Gardner's entire family reportedly suffered illness, both mental & physical, shortly afterwards. It was also said that the vegetation in the area exhibited unusual properties afterwards. The meteor was described as having an unusual 'colour.'

A surveyor last visited the area in 1927 and reported that the entire area of about 5 acres was completely devoid of life.
That was my first thought on hearing this... so let's go to my second thought:

A similar incident occured in the late sixties/early seventies. A US military satellite, supposedly for the collection of upper-atmospher or possibly extraterrestrial organisms, crashed in the small town of Piedmont Arizona. All but two residents of the town died, some seemingly instantaneously, while others appear to have committed suicide. The survivors and satellite were taken to a specialized government facility for quarantine and study. A strange organism codenamed "Andromeda" was discovered, which would cause rapid clotting of the blood in a human being. Ultimately the organism at fault would escape, though it was claimed that it had mutated into a form harmless to humanity.

And I'm sure I could dredge up other literary examples if I had to. And once you hit movies and tv and games, man it's all over the place.

As for the story, well, if Jacques Vallee is to be trusted South America is kind of weird when it comes to things from outer space. So who knows.

EDIT: Some related stories.

I'm more leaning toward this not being a hoax and my interest is definitely piqued.
Mark064

The first story reminds me of a dream I had a while back of some strange alien invasion or something including some weird cloud which was over South America. It's offical I can see into the future!