Who gave the OK for this?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Charismatic Enigma

Who gave the OK for this?

I found this on Yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070905/sc_ ... _embryo_dc

This sounds like out of science fiction. :?
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Hyakushiki

So we're one step closer to having real-life catgirls? :shock:
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Dark Duel

That is awesome...
Of course, 99.9/0.1-ratio's not gonna get you any real "catgirls" in that sense of the term, but farther down the line, perhaps...

What I worry about is this: How would the nonhuman genetic material affect the way in or extent to which the test-subject reacts to treatment. 0.1% doesn't seem like enough to make a real difference, but I dunno.
But hey, if this can help the radical anti-human-testing hardline types back off and let medecine do its work(Not that I really think it will), and if indeed the genetic difference isn't sufficient to affect the results, then I'm all for it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Charismatic Enigma

Crossing human and animal DNA sounds risky to me. I have the same concerns as Dark Duel.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
ShadowCell

Ahhhh yes, so merrily do you all wander into the veritable minefield that is human genetic manipulation and medical ethics.

I don't know if you guys watch the news or get out or anything, but this sort of thing is controversial. And I don't know where all or any of you come down on those kinds of issues (and I don't really want to know). And since this article is so new, it probably hasn't generated much controversy yet--but I bet it will. And that means someone's going to start a fight. And that means we have to clean it up.

So in light of that, this thread gets locked.