Why should i watch SEED

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
dreacon

Why should i watch SEED

you see the title, right? good, i dont like to repeat myself, lol.
Any who.
when SEED came out, i had watched every Gundam that had hit state side, And was giddy for a new show to watch, especialy Gundam, so i chose to partake in a few episodes, and found that well the first 5, didnt quite sit well with me, Why?

1: Kira and his not wanting to kill was a tad Rehashed from OYW
2: Kira being in the Gundam itself was a OYW,Gryps conflict, and first Neo Zeon War, Rehash.
3:Rau: Look at me I'm Friging Char Marquise the Red Baron! (well kinda)

Those are my 3 Reasons, that i have not yet watched more than those 5, and 1 i needs posts, 2 i is bord, and 3, well, i just cant seem to push myself to try and watch it again.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
SNT1

If you don't want to watch the rest, that's fine. I don't think any of us would get butthurt if you stop right now---since most won't probably care.

But all in all I only see this as yet another CE-bashing spampost (evidenced with "i needs posts")
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
dreacon

thats a bit harsh, yes i said i need posts, but that in itself dose not denote spam, but that isnt the issue here.

And where in did i "Bash" CE? i posted my opinions garnerd from all of 5 episodes i watched. now mind you i watched those some time ago. long before "Destiny" ever came out, and , again in defence of the "CE Basher" comment, what CE Basher with a shred of self respect would own all of the Gundam SEED ASTRAY manga?, now it sounds odd that i like 1 part of SEED and have absolutly very little info on the main stary of it. and i dont want to "Wiki" it if i did that all i'd end up with is a full plot synapsis, done by some guy that ought to write a history book, makeing me even less interested.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Antares

Watch it, but don't expect too much depth. The final battle is a good epic space-fight with good music. SEED is candy for the eye and ear if not for the brain.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Haros_Pet_Kat

The only real problem I have with the original SEED is that a lot of younger people don't realize how much better some of UC's fighting is choreographed (specifically in Zeta and Victory), and have a newer = better mindset (which we all know doesn't always work).

Well, SEED was decent in the story department, and the first half of the series had fight scenes that looked different from each other and had different scenarios like good UC fights are. The latter half began to feel more like Gundam Wing, and you'll know why.

From what I've heard, SEED Destiny was awful enough that it disgraces its own predecessor.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
SNT1

Why I came off that way, is because from the history of internet discussion, "Why SEED sucks" thread always end up in fail, including unneccessary bashing from CE fans, UC fans. Yours is no exception, as you already decided how bad it is based on five episodes.

Thing is, it would have been different is you disliked it for other reasons. But, it's probably just going to get alot worse from there if you don't like a Char clones or seemingly rehashed scenes, because SEED will have gobs of both, as well as flashy MS fights for selling models (and UC grouches for some reason just hate that)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
vaKuz

Yup, a UC grouch, that's me I admit. But I'll still give credit to SEED for introducing me to the world of Gundam. Then again, I urge you dreacon to give SEED a chance by at least watching it half way through the anime and make your verdict. Heck, I watched both SEED and Destiny before I made my verdict and found out that UC portrays what Gundam is rather than any of the AUs IMO. Who knows, maybe you'll have a change of heart and accept CE :roll:
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Kokopelli

If you've gotten into the first 5 eps and already have these opinions, going further probably wouldn't be very enjoyable. This is not hate for SEED, but rather advice based on your opinions, which are very similar to a lot of people that gave SEED a chance all the way through and still didn't enjoy it. If you're really interested in what's going on you can always read the MAHQ summeries, that's what I did with Macross 7.
Charismatic Enigma

SEED I think really is about racial conflicts and genocide and the lenghts people will take to kill everyone they see as freaks or inferior.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
ORegan

Charismatic Enigma wrote:SEED I think really is about racial conflicts and genocide and the lenghts people will take to kill everyone they see as freaks or inferior.
now which faction gave you that idea? Zaft with the make everyone fat before exploding cannon or the terrorist group sending nukes to destroy giant hourglass colonies? :lol:

but you more or less hit the nail on the head. SEED(maybe DESTINY, wouldn't know) is more or less about "Don't fight people you are too afraid to understand" or some other message Lacus tried to rape into my ear.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
deathpony

SNT1 wrote: selling models
You.
Hit.
The.
Nail.
Squarely.
On.
The.
Head.
Shori wrote:OMIGAWD IT SUCKS U USE SIMMONS ART U NEWB.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

deathpony wrote:
SNT1 wrote: selling models
You.
Hit.
The.
Nail.
Squarely.
On.
The.
Head.
That was why Dearka defected after all :lol:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wingnut

SNT1 wrote:Why I came off that way, is because from the history of internet discussion, "Why SEED sucks" thread always end up in fail, including unneccessary bashing from CE fans, UC fans. Yours is no exception, as you already decided how bad it is based on five episodes.

Thing is, it would have been different is you disliked it for other reasons. But, it's probably just going to get alot worse from there if you don't like a Char clones or seemingly rehashed scenes, because SEED will have gobs of both, as well as flashy MS fights for selling models (and UC grouches for some reason just hate that)
And thus, this thread is closed.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.