Human Weapon, the program not the weapon

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
razgriz

Human Weapon, the program not the weapon

Anyone catch this series on the history channel? its only had a couple episodes aired but i think its pretty freakin cool. i love seeing 2 guys who would normally be something not to f- around with getting pwn'd when they have to go out to a different country and fight out of their element against guys much smaller, faster, and in some cases younger than them. i especially like the breakdowns of the various offensive and defensive moves, really gives you an idea of just how lethal the right elbow, punch, or knee strike can be. http://www.history.com/humanweapon
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ParaParaJMo

I watch this show too. I saw the episodes about Filipino sword fighting, Okinawan Karate, and Judo so far. I think this show is pretty cool. My cousin trains with Jason Chambers because he also trains under Eddie Bravo and also works out at the Legends Gym.

I did Tae Kwon Do and some wrestling as a kid. I now do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing.
To see my anime reviews, please go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/paraparajmo
Toxicity

I've only ever seen one episode of the show, but it was an awesome episode. It was the one with all the stick fighting (for lack of a better term) :oops: and I loved every minute of it.
razgriz

one of the many terms to describe filipino stick fighting, well at least the most well known is eskrima :) man those r some mean sticks hehe, that guys hand mustve looked like a canteloupe the next day
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ParaParaJMo

There is also Kali sticks. Bruce Lee and his student Dan Inosanto taught this style a lot. And there is also Arnis which another cousin of mine practiced.

I heard Ultimate Fighter season 1 contestant Kenny Florian was supposed to be one of the co-hosts but Dana White said no.
To see my anime reviews, please go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/paraparajmo
Saikuba

It is essential Conquest (not the old news program) with less History, no Peter Woodward, and more fighting.

Not that the end result of this is bad.

I do very much like how they have covered Escrima and Savate because all too often these fighting style reviews turn into "here's fifty variations of Kung Fu and Karate and maybe we'll do a short on Muay Thai or something."
Captain Fellowship

I watch the show pretty frequently. I quite like it. It could use some more interesting bits for the history parts though. Like the Karate one I think it was, when the big historical figure turned was just some dude who beat up a Samurai. Each time I see a new episode though I usually flip out afterwards and for the next 3 hours I'm like "OMG THATS SO COOL I GUNNA LEARN THAT!" then I remember the only Martial schools in my area teach only Americanised Karate to little kids.
Boosh!