What made G-Savior so bad?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
wing zero alpha

Cybaster wrote:Starship Troopers Costumes. That is all. :roll:
Firefly also had Starship Trooper costumes, so I don't what the problem with that is :P.
dreacon

IMO G-Savior was good, but bad at the same time, When i saw it i was reminded of Final fantasy the spirits within, good idea, nice CG, but the story was just a rehash of FF7.
Now with G-Savior, i agree with all this talk of it being Atypical American Sci fi.

Now who ever wrote it i think looks to have done no more than glance at a U.C. plot summery for .5 seconds. whitch is what realy mifed me, the story just didnt hold up for me.
Now as for acting, they get a B in my book, it looked like most of them didnt know wtf they were doing, this to me indicates problem no 3
POOR direction, even films with abagillion,zillion dollars can be horrible if the direction sucks.
as for the cgi, A+, now you think i'm a mad man but, working with 3d my self i can see that it was Key Frame animated, which with any thing human form is a bitch to do right, and the CG itself was good for a low budget film of that era. it may have been a tad beter with Mo-Cap

the MSs C-
First problem: Tech regresion, i had just finished 0083 when i watched it and their MSs (at least in terms of the cockpit) had gon backwards, now i am being harsh on this low budget end, but all it would have taken was 3/4s of a rotating Green screen ball with space for the cam. i personaly chock this up to lazyness, on the part of designers who hadent studied to at least the Z Gundam era.

2nd: MS over all
This was a major factor they forgot, when you make a "Gundam" anything, be sure to bring along 1 gundam and about 5 kinds of suits for it to blow up, but in the end all we had was a cheap Near Gundam and it shot more spacerocks than MSs.

G-Saviors design was nice, i think it needed a bit more color but its was fine as is, howvwer, exposed frame designs are kinda well (explitive)
which is why i hated the I Savior, however, oddly enough now, 2 years later, and just 2 days after finishing Turn A they may have fit in that show beter than a UC Era plot.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.