The Simpsons Movie

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Antares

Hum, might as well put in my two cents.

The movie was okay, it had about a dozen gags in the ninety plus minutes that cracked me up, and a good load more that got me smiling, but it wasn't hilariously good. I'm rather fed up with the idea of Homer doing something stupid, then refusing the blame, and they have a crisis in the family. Maybe I've watched too much Family Guy/American Dad. And in the end he fixes things, sort of, and Marge takes him back. Typical happy-go-lucky. I also noted in the theater that I was among a very small number of people who laughed at the political satire, not at Homer hitting himself in the eye with the hammer (also: Homer hit with a wrecking ball not as fun; add a rock and a hard place, fun). So it was an okay movie but nothing I would celebrate. Well, beyond the exchange between Smithers and Burns in the end: "You know Smithers, I've never believed in suicide, but if you'd like to give it a try, it might cheer me up." :twisted:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Vyron

wing zero alpha wrote:But on the topic, one thing that got me was when did the Simpsons ever live at the very edge of Springfield?
Well it can be explain as a plot device; they needed to be able to conveniently escape the dome when the mob was coming after them.

But I do find it odd too, any previous scenes of the house in the TV version seesm to place it in the middle of the street.
razgriz

if its one thing the simpsons r known for its running gags and plot devices, i mean their house has also been across the st from a mansion owned by george hw bush, down the street from moes, next to a freeway, and next to an enormous parking lot at the nuclear plant, lol i could go on but mr. burns might shoot me.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!