Mid Town Comics, anyone?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
fullupneon

Mid Town Comics, anyone?

Has anyone ever been to Mid Town Comics in Times Square?

Because I went there back in May and my gosh do they have an immense load of Gundam related stuff!

I mean they had a Ramba Ral model kit playset. In fact, thats where I first discovered the Gundam 0079 manga.
Glory to the Brodie Empire!

Jun Jion!
BrandonEaston

Re: Mid Town Comics, anyone?

fullupneon wrote:Has anyone ever been to Mid Town Comics in Times Square?

Because I went there back in May and my gosh do they have an immense load of Gundam related stuff!

I mean they had a Ramba Ral model kit playset. In fact, thats where I first discovered the Gundam 0079 manga.
I go there all the time, but if you're looking for model kits, there are about 5 places on Elizabeth Street in Chinatown that have a wide variety of kits for a good price.

http://www.urbangeek.net/geek/directory/nyc.html
15 Elizabeth Street
New York, NY
J/M/N/Q/R/W/Z/6 to Canal Street

You can walk on Elizabeth Street a hundred times and never notice this place. Just a storefront, next door to the NYPD 5th Precinct, it's not really noticable, either. But if you know where it is, and what it is, the place almost equals heaven. A bank of escalators leads down into the basement: a warren of small stores and passageways. Half sell Chinese cosmetics, statues, bits of jewelry. The other half sell videogames. Aside from Main Street, in Queens, this is the single greatest concentration of import videogame places in NYC. You can, of course, find the American-released games here, too, but why bother. You can find the same games, cheaper, and with a decent return policy, at Toys 'R Us or Software Etc., or wherever. But if you need an actual untranslated game, straight from Japan, here's your place. Other cubicles stock "fansubbed" videos of anime and Asian movies, which can't really be bought anywhere else. Yet others have piles and piles of Japanese models of anime robots, and action figures. Elizabeth Street Mall, the name by which it's commonly known, is an obscure place, granted, and very much a niche-filling one, but there really are no better places in the U.S. for that one elusive copy of the latest dating simulator game, straight from Japan and pricetag in yen still attached. - MK
Mwulf

ther cubicles stock "fansubbed" videos of anime and Asian movies, which can't really be bought anywhere else.
o__O

Hm... I wonder if I could find some decent Trick DVDs there.... shame it's halfway across the country.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
BrandonEaston

Mwulf wrote:
ther cubicles stock "fansubbed" videos of anime and Asian movies, which can't really be bought anywhere else.
o__O

Hm... I wonder if I could find some decent Trick DVDs there.... shame it's halfway across the country.
From what I understand, there are lots of NYC folks on this board. See if someone is willing to go down there and check it out for you.

B
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I've been to Elizabeth Street Mall once last year. It seemed like an eternity now, yet I can still remember this 1/60 PG Wing Zero Custom standing at the window of one cubicle, all painted in chrome. Sorry I can't tell you about the DVD's; I was more interested in models and figures at the time. But compared to the Net, the prices there may be a turn-off for you. I suggest looking around eBay.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
fullupneon

Man, all this talking aboot Mid Town Comics keeps on ushering in new dreams for me at night aboot me going back thea.

But yeah, how I wish I could have checked out the DVD section.
Glory to the Brodie Empire!

Jun Jion!