For those of you who haven't heard...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Koshernova

This is FOX news, and people expect proper journalism? Please.

EDIT: Watching that now... jesus. How can ANYONE give FOX any credibility? It's nonsensical yellow press.

If any of you have the chance, give the DVD for "The Day Today" a spin. It's a mid-90s comedy show by the inimitable Chris Morris, which parodies this sort of exaggerated, fearmongering press. FOX news looks like someone watched The Day Today and thought this was the way news ought to be reported.

EDIT 2:

Ah, lazy journalism. They show stuff done by SA goons and Ebaums world goons (like the Harry Potter spoiler raids) and assign them all to these eeeevil hackers. Jesus, I could do a google search and get more accurate information. Idiots.
Antares

Kosh said:
If any of you have the chance, give the DVD for "The Day Today" a spin.
I have both The Day Today and Brasseye, both are marvellous pieces to use to reflect about what exactly is news these days. I'd like to know if the good people of the The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are aware of it (I assume they are).

Haros_Pet_Kat said:
I think everyone wants to bash FOX news, and I do agree that they're pretty ignorant on a lot of things, but if it's true that those people were terrorized, then whoever did that is in the wrong as well, despite how much people like the word "LULZ".
But the problem here is that given the level of "journalism" in the story, I am not even sure if these people were terrorized. They sure did respond in the way that FOX likes to show: panicking. And at the risk of sounding callous, when your password(s) are stolen seven times, maybe it is time for some 101 lessons on how to use your computer safely (firewall, anyone?). And if the guy's GF left because he got hit with gay pics on his MySpace -page, then oh woe. That report was not just stupid, it was stupid-stupid.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.