Transformers Movie Thread Mk II

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
turkishproverb

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:There were also a bunch of other japanese-only Transformers series, Victory being one of them
Ah, victory. WIth the Combattler V homage in the theme song. (V. V. Victory. Transformers Victory. Victory.. Transformers!)

STARSABER!

wing zero alpha wrote:
Jack wrote:I've never paid to see a Michael Bay film, and never would.
Then how did you get to see this one short of sneaking in the movie theater or watching a rip via internet?
I second that.

How are you judging a movie you couldn't have seen legally.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
SNT1

Guys, relax. Maybe someone took him/her out?

....But it's still stupid to watch a movie you hated in the first place.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
swordoath

I have to concur with the other folks, Jack. Now, having a negative opinion of the movie is your obligation, but it seems to me from reading your comments that you hate it mainly because Michael Bay directed it. It seems odd that you'd even bother seeing this movie for free if you dislike Michael Bay's work so much.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
razgriz

eh everyone is entitled to their own opinions, its how well you are able to ignore them thats the real gift of freedom :D besides, im sure that somewhere unicron is listening...and waiting to strike down on all those who oppose him :twisted:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Jack

I watched it because I like Transformers, funnily enough. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I've always been fond of them. So when something I like becomes a summer blockbuster, I'm keen to see it and disappointed to find it's been messed up so much. If I knew it would have been this bad, I wouldn't have bothered.
wing zero alpha

Jack wrote:I watched it because I like Transformers, funnily enough. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I've always been fond of them. So when something I like becomes a summer blockbuster, I'm keen to see it and disappointed to find it's been messed up so much. If I knew it would have been this bad, I wouldn't have bothered.
You're not a big fan of Transformers beyond regular fondness. You hate Michael Bay like Hitler, to the point where you don't pay money to go see his movies and expect anything he makes to be a piece of crap (meaning you're biased). Yet you went to see the movie anyway, for a reason other than sheer boredom?

"Are you familiar with the old robot saying 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?" - Bender
razgriz

its best not to worry about it WZA.
what is best to worry about, is who do you think exemplifies the real megatron...G1 megs, beast wars/machines megs II, unicron trilogy megs, or movie megs? :twisted:
(setsuna giggling)
Jack

wing zero alpha wrote:
Jack wrote:I watched it because I like Transformers, funnily enough. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I've always been fond of them. So when something I like becomes a summer blockbuster, I'm keen to see it and disappointed to find it's been messed up so much. If I knew it would have been this bad, I wouldn't have bothered.
You're not a big fan of Transformers beyond regular fondness. You hate Michael Bay like Hitler, to the point where you don't pay money to go see his movies and expect anything he makes to be a piece of crap (meaning you're biased). Yet you went to see the movie anyway, for a reason other than sheer boredom?

"Are you familiar with the old robot saying 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?" - Bender
I didn't go to see the movie, I BOOTLEG REFERENCE REMOVED to see if it was any good. The only decent parts were getting Peter Cullen to do the voice again, and Bernie Mac's cameo. They should have tried getting John Carpenter to direct it, now that would have been an amazing film.

Mod Edit (Red): Comments about bootlegs and illegally seeing the movie have been removed.
mcred23

Alright, enough on Jack's wacky reasoning on why he saw the movie.

And Jack, don't bring up downloading bootlegs again or you'll get a warning.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Charismatic Enigma

I agree with what Nu-Liberty said eariler. It doesn't make sense whining about something you spend money on. Like I've said, I liked this film and Peter Cullen as Prime was the highlight for me.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Aegis

*ahem*

Lets... move on, shall we?

Like, continue on where we left off with the whole TF having many alternate universes and all that (I always wondered why Cybertron looked so misplaced within that trilogy).
swordoath

Yep, Galaxy Force was never part of that continuity until it was rewritten as Cybertron. Well, it was supposed to be, but the anime studio rebooted the continuity without consulting Hasbro, and things got weird. Wikipedia actually talks alot about it, and despite not being the best source sometimes, has some good facts on the situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transforme ... Continuity

One of the interesting things about Galaxy Force was how there were multiple Convoys (Primes) for the different planets included in the series. The Convoys included Galaxy Convoy (Optimus), Live Convoy (Evac), Nitro Convoy (Override -- this character was male, by the way) and Megalo Convoy (Metroplex).
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
razgriz

all those convoy's and not one ultra magnus. so sad :( i honestly feel that optimus's original heir apparent just did not get enough respect since rodimus sorta usurped the matrix from him.
(setsuna giggling)
Thundermuffin

Ultra Magnus (or at least an alt-Ultra Magnus) got some respect in Car Robots/RID, despite being a glorified new set of clothes for Prime.
wing zero alpha

razgriz wrote:all those convoy's and not one ultra magnus. so sad :( i honestly feel that optimus's original heir apparent just did not get enough respect since rodimus sorta usurped the matrix from him.
Well you have to admit, Ultra Prime or Magnus Prime just doesn't feel as smooth as Rodimus Prime name-wise.
Thundermuffin

I guess it would be "Magna Prime".

In the Japanese version of Armada, Overload is named "Ultra Magnus" and when he combines with Prime they become "Magna Convoy".
wing zero alpha

Thundermuffin wrote:I guess it would be "Magna Prime".
Still doesn't feel quite so smooth :?.
swordoath

wing zero alpha wrote:Well you have to admit, Ultra Prime or Magnus Prime just doesn't feel as smooth as Rodimus Prime name-wise.
Ultimus Prime? Or maybe Magnanamus Prime ... In any case, they did sort of set him up as an incapable leader in the classic movie (I can't deal with that now!), so it may just be that the name is doomed to an eternity of second fiddle roles.
Thundermuffin

I think Magnus gets a bad rep cause of the movie.

He can't deal with it now, Springer, because he's trying to deal with the homicidal maniac trying to blow them up at the moment!
Aegis

Still nowhere as bad a rep as Rodimus Prime, although DW did a great job in making Magnus as whiney as Shinji Ikari at one point. Still gets more respect considering how few Hot Rods and Rodimus variations we see in comparison.