Hometown Pride?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
The Big Zabowski

Wingnut wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:
The popular 1990s sitcom Home Improvement is set in Royal Oak.
You gotta be pretty modest to leave something out as awesome as that!
Well, I don't remember it being stated as such on screen so I didn't mention it. Although it is the most likely location it seems. I didn't even catch it mentioned in the article until you posted that.
*should mention that he goes to the same university that Tim Allen graduated from in the late 1970s.* Western Michigan, baby..

Toledo, Ohio

- Glass City, USA and home to Owens Corning (The guys that make the pink panther fiberglass insulation)

- Home of the farm team for the Detroit Tigers

-Sits on the Maumee River, which is nice, and has some good dockside restaraunts downtown.

- Home of Willys Overland, "Originators" of the Jeep of WWII Fame. Currently, the old factory has been torn down, though. Daimler Chrysler built a new one further down the pike. The Old Overland stack still stands IIRC, so that's a nice piece of history.

- Home of the Jeep Wrangler, and Liberty Plant. Also home to the Dodge Nitro Plant.

- Jeep, Jeep, and More Jeep.

- Home of Jaime Farr (Actually, from the suburb of Sylvania, which was where I grew up), and Tony Packos hot dogs..watch M*A*S*H and you'll get it.

- Home town of Tom Scholz, founder of the band Boston

- Hometown of Ernest McSorley, captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

- Art Tatum was from Toledo, believe it or not.. (even I didn't know that. and I'm not sure to believe it either..)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Destroy Gundam

What the Big Z said, basically. I live in Sylvania proper, but I lived in Toledo for a few years.

Oh, and the current mayor punched somebody in a bookstore roughly 10 or so years back.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
The Big Zabowski

Destroy Gundam wrote:What the Big Z said, basically. I live in Sylvania proper, but I lived in Toledo for a few years.
O_o No flipping way.. Which Highschool did you attend? NV or SV?

SVHS FTW beatches..<_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Destroy Gundam

Northview. And I always got stuck with a locker that was defective in some way.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Blade of the Red Comet

Cleveland, Ohio
- Home of the always underdog Cleveland Browns, and the almost champion Cleveland Caveliers
- Numerous cool bars, clubs, restaurants and museums
- Rated as being one of the most liveable cities in the U.S.
- Home of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

aaaaaaand....that's bout it.
The Big Zabowski

<_<

How about the "Almost Champions in the 90s twice" Cleveland Indians. Methinks that they'll make another run for the World Series again..and win it ^^

How could you forget about them!?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
MHpanruka
Location: Somewhere in chair in front of a monitor eating pocky.

Well the town Im currently living in Old Town ME well we have......

Trees that's it oh and a grocery store and a few fast food restuarants.
ku ku ku ku ku ku
Toxicity

My hometown

It's been 7 years since I last visited my hometown, so I don't remember much about it. One distinct memory I have is that leaving the valley via the interstate gives has a lot of really nice scenery.

----

Not my hometown, but this is where I've lived all my life, so I thought I'd throw it in here anyways.

I hate it here. There is nothing.
dreacon

Gravette Ar, USA
well...
umm......
We have a park with an old 'Nam fighter on display....
thats about it.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Random Zaku Pilot

NYC HARLEM 125th Aka. Bootleg 42nd street

Well I could say is welcome to Harlem Bootleg Capitol of the World... Forget warehouse bootleggers we sell Jordan's in a street corner in front of Gamestop. oh There is the Apollo but who goes there beside tourist? majority of the population is black but we spanish ppl are taking over like crack on a stand around a group of crack heads.... Well all I can say don't walk around the projects alone after dark

Other then that its boring as hell here.... also if you have a pack of eggs Egg the 26 prescient its funny as hell
Meh
ZeonfromHell

Davenport, Iowa in itself doesnt have much. However, Davenport is the largest city in the Quad Cities. The QC is a metropoitain area of about 325,000 people and is made up of four cities (actually now it's five, but it started as just three and continued to grow) located next to one another. Davenport and it's sister city, Bettendorf, are on the Iowa side of the Misissippi River, and on the Illinois side, we have Moline, East Moline, and Rock Island. There is a bit of rivalry though between the Iowans and Illinois..ans. It is common to hear "stupid Iowan" and "go back to Illinois" when you're driving. Chalk that up to road rage I guess. Davenport has a reputable college known as St. Ambrose University. Moline has The Mark of the Quad-Cities, now known as the US Cellular Center (but we still call it the Mark) and that place has seen a few WWE visits, and concerts such as Judas Priest, Korn, Disturbed, Aerosmith, Van Halen, as well as the Family Values Tour, Britney Spears (uugh!) and a few other pop-artist (again uugh!). Plus, we have John O'Donnell stadium, which is the farm team for the St. Louis Cardinals. This town has also been a campaign stop for presidents such as John and Robert F. Kennedy, Bill and Hilary Clinton, both George Bushes, John Kerry, and Al Gore. Rock Island has the Rock Island Arsenal, which has been open since the US Civil War. Rock Island also was a station stop for Trans-Continental Railway.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Fritz Ashlyn

My current college town (serving as hometown at the moment, and much more exiting than where I was actually born and raised), Corpus Christi, Texas. I'm from a small Texas town about 3 hours up the coast, but that isn't important at the moment.

We're the home of Whataburger, have a naval air station, and host the Astros' AA team, the Corpus Christi Hooks.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Outlaw

Lacey, Washington. We got trees, and ummm.... trees. Seriously, if you can find something interesting here I'd be surprised, and I've been here for more than ten years.

But it makes a nice jumping off point if you want to see Olympia or Seattle.
Dendrobium Stamen

York, England.

Where to start?

- More ruins/remains of the Roman and Viking eras than I care to count.
- Third-largest tourist destination in the UK after London and Edinburgh.
- Home to one of the top British universities (York) and one of the worst (York St. John), as well as half of one of the best British med schools (Hull-York Medical School).
- Formerly one of the largest confectionery-producing cities in Britain.
- One of the best-connected cities on the British Rail network, former site of one of BR's leading locomotive works.
- Home to York Minster, the largest Gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
- Retains 5 miles of medieval walls, as well as Clifford's Tower of the castle.
- Various museums are based here, including the National Railway Museum, home to the Flying Scotsman locomotive and the world's fastest steam locomotive Mallard.
- A different pub for each day of the year (unless it's a leap year).
- Home to "mighty" York City F.C, first team in the Football League to achieve more than 100 points in a season (old Division 4, 1983-84 season).

...So, yeah. These days I live in London and go to university in Hull, but York is my real home town. :D
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
dreacon

dreacon wrote:Gravette Ar, USA
well...
umm......
We have a park with an old 'Nam fighter on display....
thats about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravette
gunna edit that, lol
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Draco Starcloud

Let's see...

The town of my birth, Clarion, Iowa, is notable only for being the hometown of the Hat Lady who used to appear on David Letterman and having the birthplace of the 4H emblem. EDIT: Oh yeah, one of the businesses in town, SportsGraphics, made the padding at the Chicago Bulls' stadium and is currently bidding to provide the padding for the new Yankee Stadium.

The town I live in now, Rancho Santa Margarita, California, is notable as having the high school NFL quarterback Carson Palmer went to and, according to Wikipedia, having members of the band Velvet Revolvers as residents.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
razgriz

*back from being awol*

i guess my ancestral hometown would be angeles city philippines since i was born there and lived there for the first 4 years of my life but i pretty much consider home to be well the whole san francisco bay area really. i love this place and i really cant see myself living anywhere else, the bay is my home and my backyard and i definitely encourage people to visit this wonderfully independent and open minded part of the world :D
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!