Gundam Crisis

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
J-Lead

Gundam Crisis

I honestly had no idea where to put a thread for a theme park attraction, or if we already have a thread for this, so please move/delete this if you feel that it deserves said treatment. :oops:

Anyhoo, I'm sure that a few of you out there have heard about the coming Gundam attraction, Gundam Crisis. Supposedly, it's a walkthrough attraction where you are inside of the Space fortress Solomon, and you have to perform certain tasks similarly (I guess) to Epcot's Mars Mission. There's also a 1/1 scale Gundam sitting in the a hanger bay. When I take a trip to Japan next summer (or the one after that,) this is something that I definitely will have to visit. :D

Here's all the information from Gunota:
Gunota wrote:Gundam Crisis
Gundam Taneshi reports, Fujikyu Highland is set to open a new Gundam attraction called "Gundam Crisis" in July 2007. The story starts out at Solomon right after Earth Federation captures it. The walk-through type attaction will feature a hangar featuring a 1/1 scale Gundam. A shop adjacent to the ride will sell limited edition goods and other various Gundam items.

Gundam Crisis 1/1 scale Gundam illustration
Fujikyu's official site has a page up showing off an artist's rendition of the 1/1 full body RX-78-2 Gundam that'll be part of the new Gundam Crisis attraction.

Gundam Crisis official site
The Fuji-Q Highland attraction opening July 21st has an official site now available. Other than the promo photo, more info is found in the press release than on the site so far. Sunrise is providing newly done 2D animation with 3D CGI mobile suits with director Kenichi Suzuki, a story by Kazuho Hyodo, and mecha designer Hajime Katoki on the staff. Up to 40 people can participate at once.

Taking place after the Federation captures Solomon from the Zeon, players have to work as a team to execute Mosk Han's magnetic coating project for the Gundam. During that time, news comes from the 24th patrolling unit's Jack Bayard that Zeon forces have been detected. The deployed GMs, Balls and Saberfish are outgunned by the Zakus, Rick Doms, and the testing of the new unit from Char's forces. Players get a PDA called a "VQ Divider" and run around the hanger accomplishing time-restricted missions, the successful clearing of which allows them to get inside the Gundam's cockpit.
Well, what are everyone's thoughts on this? This sounds like it may be even more interesting than GUndam: The Ride. (I'm especially eager to sit in the cockpit.) :D
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
codename:v

The idea of having contestants running around to magnetise the Gundam for battle and the winner gets to sit inside the cockpit for a change... Well, it ain't so bad. But I'm sure there are other attractions in the theme park, something like chasing each other in scooters/segways around the themepark...
Black Dranzer.exe

Well, I'll have to make a trip to Japan now, because this is freaken awesome.

Gundam: The Ride was cool enough, this seals the deal.
I suppose I should put something witty here, Right?
Scyron

Black Dranzer.exe wrote:Well, I'll have to make a trip to Japan now, because this is freaken awesome.

Gundam: The Ride was cool enough, this seals the deal.

Last I heard Gundam the ride doesn't exist anymore other than cellphone videos people recorded while they rode it. Not sure if you knew that, I'm assuming this new Gundam ride is just an improvement, or successor.
GAT-X109 Truth

if it does exist then that is automatically the number 1 amusement park ride. Well... assuming its better than the first one.
"The quickest way to slay the beast is to aim staight for the head."
-Rau Le Creuset-
SNT1

I don't know about that... Eejanaika is in the same amusement park =D
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/