Just heard this on the news tonight...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Aegis

Or just make the person feel sick that they'll keel over from the sonar attack. Somehow, the use of sound as a lethal weapon is something I can handle as opposed to, oh, making wasps horny for men.
BlackOpsElf

At first I found the notion that turning someone gay would make them into a worse soldier somehow offensive, but then I realized the context of the comment was a news story about a GAY BOMB... I just can't watch the coverage of this on the news and try to take it seriously without bursting out laughing.

My favorite comment on an website in response to a video of the news story, however, has been "I need a gay bomb to justify my clothing".
razgriz

a gay conversion bomb, talk about a politically incorrect weapon. ill take the brown noise sonic cannon anyday ;) a crapped enemy is a demoralized enemy.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ShadowCell

Gundam 00 would be so awesome if it included a gay bomb.

Not because the ranks of the yaoi fangirls would start swelling courtesy of mitosis, but because the concept of a gay bomb is so mind-numbingly bigoted and stupid that it would transcend bigotry and stupidity and become awesome.
razgriz

forget the gay bomb, its all about mr. sparkle, who can turn young school girls into big giant sumo wrestlers :D now thats a weapon :twisted:
(setsuna giggling)
Antares

Dark Duel said:
I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten Keith's nickname for the Fox News Channel
That would be Fox Noise Channel. Yes, up here in the barren North, Keith has some sporadic watchers too. :wink: Or then I go to some sites that feature some of his Countdowns and watch them there.

The gay bomb has an insidious agenda indeed, as it is already making the ground fertile for gay as is evident by the Daily Show report of the Garnier Fructis NASCAR. The story is from last year, but they replayed it recently and it is still pure gold.

And on the subject of yaoi bomb, I think Gundam Wing already did all the damage there is to be done on that field, given the "fanart" I've seen. There was a time when I didn't know what "slash" meant in literary terms. Now I wish I could forget. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Aegis

Given all the 36 different flavours of bishounens around, who needs a gay bomb? :P
Bright Noa

Aegis wrote:Given all the 36 different flavours of bishounens around, who needs a gay bomb? :P
Because there is always room to make bishounen flavor #37......character designers always find new ways to make that feat possible.....or at least plausible.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wedge14

So what i get from this is...they're just gonna drop a bunch of E on people?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Bright Noa

Wedge14 wrote:So what i get from this is...they're just gonna drop a bunch of E on people?
No.
The proposed bomb design called for special chemicals that act like pheromones and--supposedly--attract enemy soldiers to each other.

The designer(s) of the bomb were betting on turning an all-male army gay would make them combat ineffective and easy to defeat.

Honestly, I feel it is about as dumb as weapon plans go.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Haros_Pet_Kat

Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala's plot shielding saved them from these type of weapons, as they get women by the end of the anime.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Gambit01

I don't see what's so surprising; they're have been stupid concepts proposed by idiots in the military/government since time immortal: from the previously mentioned Hitler episode to the ill-fated Cuba 'invasion', one of the propsed plans of which was to light a messge via fireworks that said, 'Jesus compels you to stop being Communist' or something to that effect.

Since most of these (if not all) are rejected out of hand for being stupid, I don't see why that's a reflection on the competency of the US Gov't, merely that they REALLY need to fire some people....and possibly a better screening process for hiring people.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
ShadowCell

Eh. This is what happens when you have an essentially unlimited budget.
Paul McCartney Jr

What was really scary was that Neutron bomb president Carter had in mind. Thats like Hitler's ideal weapon
razgriz

from what ive read a neutron bomb isnt the magical "kill all biological beings without scratching a building" dream death device, apparently there would be a considerable amount of collateral damage to the surrounding buildings since you're dealing with a nuclear type weapon. probably more effective would be a chemical or bio-weapon provided you have a way of cleansing the area once your enemy is put down.

but if your're talking weirdest of the weird weapons, the WWII japanese flea/smallpox bomb is definitely the #1 weird weapon in my book. i mean fleas? really?
(setsuna giggling)
Paul McCartney Jr

One failed idea we had was tying phosphorus grenades to bats, letting them out over Tokyo so they hang up in buildings and light the place up. After we burned down one of our bases, it was cancelled.

Another funny thing was the Russians training dogs to run under tanks with bombs attached to them. In battle, the dogs did go under tanks to blow up, only problem it was the Russian tanks which they were trained on.

oops
razgriz

what kind of dogs were they, german sheperds? :lol: hehe anyone? is this thing on? hmm ok nevermind :oops:
(setsuna giggling)
Paul McCartney Jr

Daschunds maybe? But really, probably huskies