Masked Rider The Next

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
VR7

Masked Rider The Next

Anyone here ever watch Kamen/Masked Rider: The First? Well, they're making a sequel, The Next:

http://www.maskedridernext.jp/

I did, by the way. Great movie.

Where The First was a retelling of the original Masked Rider, The Next focuses on retelling the story of Kamen Rider V3. There are obvious changes though--Rather than being created in the labs of Destron (which appears to no longer exist in The First's continuity) by Kamen Riders 1 and 2, Shocker is still alive and kicking. Shiro Kazami (V3) is instead abducted by Shocker.

Shiro Kazami will be played by Kazuki Kato. For those who have watched Kabuto, yes that's the guy who played Daisuke Kazama, aka Kamen Rider Drake.
-noel
Cat-Scratched-Victim

Oh yes! Thanks for sharing the news!
I enjoyed Kamen Rider The First, great redesigns of the costumes!
I don't hate cats!
codename:v

Well, this time the V3 looks better than back in the 70s'... Soon we might get to see Riderman.
Cat-Scratched-Victim

codename:v wrote:Well, this time the V3 looks better than back in the 70s'... Soon we might get to see Riderman.
I agree with you on V3 looking better plus he looks more like First and Second, an improvement I'd say. Well for me at least.

It would be nice if they continue, but release a movie a year instead of every two. Again, just my thoughts on the matter.
I don't hate cats!
artmaster079

Thanks for this info, I love the Kamen Rider series!

The First was a great movie and this one looks to be good too. And Daiskue's playing him???? Sweet.

And a little bit off topic: have you seen Den-O, VR7? Its amazing...
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

I've seen bits and pieces of Den-O. Can't say I'm very fond of it though. Rau Le Creuset yelling "Ore... sanjou!" (translates to "I appear!" or something similar) randomly was the greatest thing to have been conceived in that series.

Back on topic, I noticed that the Kamen Rider 1 and 2 suits are suffering a bit from wear and tear, while V3's suit looks brand new. I don't know if the effect is intentional since not much has been revealed about The Next, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look cool.
-noel
VR7

A 30 second teaser trailer is available now. Needs RealPlayer to view though.

http://www.maskedridernext.jp/movie.html
-noel
VR7

An actual trailer is available now. Same link as my above post, see the second video. (on the right)
-noel
artmaster079

Can't remember where I read it, but basically Kamen Rider THE NEXT follows the story of Kamen Rider V3, the sequel to the original series. Like the First, there are some changes to allow a smoother film adaption.

Kamen Riders 1 and 2 appear first, continuing the story from the first movie, but Shocker has a plan to make a new Hopper to stop the Double Riders... namely V3. As is standard fare, the title character is turned into a Rider against his own will.

Regardless of if what I just said turns out to be true or false , this movie is gonna be incredible.. Just research Kamen rider V3 on Wikipedia.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**