Stanley Cup '07

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Nimrod

Vash wrote:Go Red Wings! The east has its share of pretenders (both new york's, to name a couple), but the west is evenly matched all the way down, and whoever wins, it wont come as a shock. I have a feeling the Detroit-Calgary series will have me biting my nails the entire time.
I'll agree with that as I still think it's easily going 7. Have you read if zetterberg is going to dress tonight? Last I read it was still iffy.
Wingnut

No official word, but speculation says that Zetterberg will not be in action tonight. :(
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nimrod

Wingnut wrote:No official word, but speculation says that Zetterberg will not be in action tonight. :(
CBC has just confirmed during the pre-game show Zetterberg is good to go and will play tonight.
Wingnut

Well the game just ended. The Wings won 4-0 and there was some interesting psyical activity (read: near fight) at the end too.
Game 2 Sunday afternoon.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deacon Blues

Chalk up a 4-1 lead for the Sabres. =)
Blue Comet

Well so far each series has been played for one game so if someone wants to check which teams are leading what series from now on, I will keep updates on my first post showing the opening series to also show the series standings. That will also more than likely be the post that will house quarter-final, semi-final and Stanley Cup Final series in the future as well.

Keep in mind though that I don't always have access to my computer so check when that post was last updated if you are unsure of how current it is.
kfrooster

GO FLAMES GO!

Unfortunately we played dismally last night. Eugh.
SNT1 wrote:<Haro> We are Haro. We are legion, for we are many.
MrMarch

kfrooster wrote:GO FLAMES GO!

Unfortunately we played dismally last night. Eugh.
Yeah, I think I'm already looking ahead to next season with hope :)
Nimrod

You guys are fickle fans. It's only game one and you're already writing them off. :roll:

I'd rather them have a crap game one and then come back to win the series then to start off good and fizzle at game seven.

Ask the Ottawa senators about that when the Leafs beat them silly in those seven game series after Ottawa looked so good in games one and two.
Vash

I'd rather they just sucked period and Detroit stomps a mud hole in them.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
kfrooster

Nimrod wrote:You guys are fickle fans. It's only game one and you're already writing them off. :roll:

I'd rather them have a crap game one and then come back to win the series then to start off good and fizzle at game seven.

Ask the Ottawa senators about that when the Leafs beat them silly in those seven game series after Ottawa looked so good in games one and two.
Hey, I'm simply commenting on how they were playing last night. I'm sure the Flames will pull through =P.
SNT1 wrote:<Haro> We are Haro. We are legion, for we are many.
Draco Starcloud

Nimrod wrote:(QUACK QUACK! FLYING V!)
You should be hit for that. :P
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
EZero8

I'm surprised that I'm actually following the Sharks here. It's good to see that they won (in two overtimes though...), but Cheechoo took a pretty bad hit... :?

Not good.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
MrMarch

Nimrod wrote:You guys are fickle fans. It's only game one and you're already writing them off. :roll:

Since when is one person's opinion representative of all fans? The flames will do well in the playoffs like they always do, but again this year it appears they don't have the closing power to take it all the way. I'd love to be proven wrong, but their's no harm in guessing how it's going to go. I'll be there cheering for them regardless, just like all the past years.
Deacon Blues

Sabres lost the second game 3-2. Islanders gave them a run for their money in this one. D:
Nimrod

Deacon Blues wrote:Sabres lost the second game 3-2. Islanders gave them a run for their money in this one. D:
You mean Dipetrio gave the Sabers a run for their money. :)
Blue Comet

And I had Buffalo pegged for an easy 4-0 sweep against the Islanders :shock:
Draco Starcloud

Heh. Ducks are 2 - 0 in their series. Here's hoping they break the current trend they have against Minnesota and either win by more than one goal or win in Minnesota. :lol:
Wingnut

Well Detroit won again 3-1, spoiling Calgary's attempt to steal one on the road.
The Flames shot themselves in the foot early on with penalties, and were not able to recover from it.

Next game is a late 10pm eastern start Tuesday night in Calgary where the Flames had an NHL best 30 wins in their home building in the regular season. If Detroit can take one of the next two, then I see this series going 5 games, mabye 6 if the Wings slip a little, with Detroit being the victor.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Draco Starcloud

Wooooooo! Ducks have a chance to sweep the first round!

EDIT: Oh wait. Game's not over yet.