Supposed UFOs seen over Delhi Airport

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Rei Murasame

Supposed UFOs seen over Delhi Airport

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/ufos-over-d ... 3.html?xml

I couldn't help but laugh. That's either a radar malfunction, or a serious security breach which I'd automatically assume is either the USA or China, doing something iffy with stealth fighters as a kind of arrogant field test.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
codename:v

They could be helicopters flying to the PM's residence...
Rei Murasame

codename:v wrote:They could be helicopters flying to the PM's residence...
If that were the case, then someone in the Air force, or the Prime Minister himself would've said that it was helicopters, as opposed to being completely mystified...
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."

Maybe they're having a secret meeting which are not suppose to be disclose, not even on radar...
Rei Murasame

codename:v wrote:Maybe they're having a secret meeting which are not suppose to be disclose, not even on radar...
Perhaps, that might be it.

Belated Disclaimer:
Oh, and since it was pointed out to me that it sounded weird, my opening post is written to be sensational because it's the opening post. The suspicious planes that I'd be trying to catch your interest with would be the F-22, J-12 and J-13. But I'm not actually saying that any of those aircraft were present, nor can I prove it.
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."

Well, I can also say that they were Doraemon and Q-Taro on a flight trip...
Brave Fencer Kirby

Technically, if something's flying and you don't know what it is, it's a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) -- so the idea of a "supposed" UFO is a bit silly. Either there's something flying around and you know what it is (a plane, a helicopter, whatever), there's something flying around and you don't know what it is, or you don't see anything flying around at all (which means either that nothing's there or you just can't see it -- which would be the point of a stealth fighter).

However, note what it says in the article:
ATC officials say the objects were too slow moving to be aircraft.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
SNT1

If I am reading what you said right, why a US stealth fighter would be flying alongside a prototypye chinese stealth fighter, both picked up by radar, is very well beyond me :|
RGM-79G GM Command

SNT1 wrote:If I am reading what you said right, why a US fighter would be flying alongside a prototypye chinese fighter is very well beyond me :|
I think she meant that the UFOs would be the same kind of plane (Like two F-22s or two J-12s not a mix of the.) and that they both could be one of those three planes.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Rei Murasame

1. @BFK: Well, that's true, but the reason I said 'supposed', was because they might know what it is, but be only pretending that they didn't know, ect.

2. @SNT1: Basically it was meant to be read as GM Command has said, reflecting my use of 'or', rather than 'and'. I'm not that crazy. o.o

3. @All: You're taking my opening post far too seriously, just comment on the article! xD
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."
SNT1

I still really do not see the point of assuming they are stealth fighters, too bad I can't elaborate on this further, not on this forum.
Rei Murasame

SNT1 wrote:I still really do not see the point of assuming they are stealth fighters, too bad I can't elaborate on this further, not on this forum.
It was just an easy way to start up the topic, and I'm pretty sure that discussing stealth fighters is totally legal here. (And it's not like I'd lock my own topic for something that's legal...)

Basically, object appearing and disappearing in the sky brought stealth to mind, which brought a recent story on China's J-13 to mind, which is why I mentioned them in this topic.

It could also be that I'm writing badly due to lack of sleep, but...
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."
Nightwing03

Why is everyone assuming it's the F-117 Stealth Fighter? The stealth fighter cannot be detected by rader AT ALL.

If they were detected then on the rader they would show up like the size of birds, on that picture they are the size of approx 10 jumbo jets as my brother says.
♣♦♠♥
Brave Fencer Kirby

Nightwing03 wrote:Why is everyone assuming it's the F-117 Stealth Fighter?
They're not. The planes under discussion have been the F-22 Raptor and the J-13.
Nightwing03 wrote:The stealth fighter cannot be detected by rader AT ALL.
Not true. The aim of stealth aircraft is to reduce the machine's radar cross section -- that is, how many radio waves it reflects back at an active radar station. I don't know the details of it, but my understanding is that at present we have the technology to significantly reduce the radar cross section of an aircraft, making it appear much smaller (making it look like, as you mention, a large bird or a group of smaller birds) and make it impossible for a guided missile to lock on to them, but still far from completely invisible.

In any case, the possibility of this incident involving fixed-wing aircraft of any sort is pretty much zero, as the article itself mentions that the radar contact was moving too slowly for that to be the case.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Phantomexe87

Something akin to this has happened in Washington DC, they even put Cheney in the bunker. It could be a stealth fighter, alien tourists, a big bird, or just a glitch. Your typical UFO story.