So, what kind of music do mech-heads like ?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

What music ?

Rock (modern / classic)
36%
Metal (all forms)
25%
Electronic (House, Trance, Techno, Eurobeat, Dance)
6%
Pop (average top-40 stuff)
3%
Classical (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tschaikovski, etc)
8%
Country (From Johnny Cash to Garth Brooks and everything inbetween)
No votes
R'n'B / Rap (Eminem, 50 cent, et al)
No votes
Instrumental / Synth (Jarre, Vangelis, etc)
No votes
J-pop / J-rock (Anything J, really)
11%
.. Did I forget one ? If so, please elaborate.
11%

Total votes: 36
Lert

So, what kind of music do mech-heads like ?

Thread title speaks for itself.

My own taste can be described as eclectic, but mostly centering on various forms of Rock and Metal. Some days I'm in the mood for the most brutal blackmetal, some days I prefer atmospheric symphonic metal, and some days I go for classical and / or soundtrack music, classic rock or even a sappy ballad or moody instrumental or two.

Ah, dang - forgot Jazz. Sorry.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
wilcosu35

i don;t really have a specific music style. the only thing i can say is that i can't stand rap/r&b/hiphop music. it's just tasteless noise to me.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

I am a Headbanger pure and simple. Slipknot, Pantera, etc

All the Good Heavy Songs from Guitar Hero 2.

Pop over to my Myspace and listen to Shadows Fall - Light That Blinds...love it :twisted: its in the music section not the song that comes on automaticly..need to remove that one...its boring now.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=10526098

Edit: Gonna See Mindless Self-Indulgence in April wooo I think they're quite fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYhbRiuVK0
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Antares

I'm a clubber, personally. Trance and fellow genres, to be exact. Two weeks ago Ferry Corsten paid a visit to Helsinki and I was there too by a complete freak accident. The genre also classifies the majority of music I listen to at home as well, but I am known to making numerous exceptions here and there. I can handle hiphop, but it's Finnish hiphop (at a club) that really gets me feeling I should chuck my pint at the DJ's head.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
silencer.001

I don't have a specific type of music that i listen to, i just listen to what i like, whether the song be pop, rock, etc, but most of the time it is rock though
Wedge14

No Ska music? How could you? Originally the grandfather of Reggae which somehow managed to evolve with time and never ever really breaking into the mainstream for that long. I should stop..I'm pretty infamous for threadjacking music threads and just going on about ska, even if people aren't even reading it.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lert

Hey, I never claimed my list was all inclusive. :) But thanks for the input. See I also forgot reggae and jazz.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
SNT1

I'm pretty sure I already posted my favorite music in one of the general discussion threads, but specifically when I'm watching Gundam/building Gundam/doing anything Gundam I listen to techno / anything similar.

I don't know why.
RedShirt0909

I'll pretty much listen to anything except rap.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Ravager

Rock-Hooba,Nickelback,J-Pop...really i have so diverse tastes you should've allowed your poll to take multiple choices :D
Fritz Ashlyn

You've gone and made me choose between Rock and Metal. I guess I'm a metalhead more often. Iron Maiden, Dio, Megadeth, Metallica, etc.

I like most thrash metal, NWOBHM, hair/glam metal 8), speed metal, etc. I can't STAND nu metal or rap/rock metal (rapcore?)... which I see mentioned fairly often around these parts. Dave Mustaine would melt those guys' faces with a guitar solo!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Strike Zero

J-Pop all the way. In second place comes emo rock/alternative rock groups like Nickelback.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Jericho

Pretty much all what Fritz said earlier. I only got to add Death Metal to it.
Morbid Angel, Slayer, Destroyer 666...
But German Thrash rules all metal with it's own Thrash Trinity; Destruction, Sodom and Kreator.

And honorable mentions of Anthrax, Saxon, Infernal Majesty, Exciter, Sadistik Exekution, Spazztic Blur and so many true metal bands (read: the bands that aren't shown on MTV)

Maybe worth mentioning, I'm also roadie of the Belgian Thrash Band, Rot. Which means one big alcohol-fueled party known as the weekend.
Gambit01

wilcosu35 wrote:i don;t really have a specific music style. the only thing i can say is that i can't stand rap/r&b/hiphop music. it's just tasteless noise to me.
Add heavy-metal that consists of nothing but some emo-loser screaming into a microphone the entire time and I'm the same way.

Yuck; I don't mind screaming in my rock, provided that at some point there's some actual, you know, singing.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Fritz Ashlyn

Gambit01 wrote:Add heavy-metal that consists of nothing but some emo-loser screaming into a microphone the entire time and I'm the same way.

Yuck; I don't mind screaming in my rock, provided that at some point there's some actual, you know, singing.
Not all heavy metal is screaming, you know. Not the good metal, anyway. It's kind of sad that these days people associate 'incoherent screaming' with metal (this isn't directed at you, it's directed at the newest metal groups ruining the genre). Whatever happened to quality stuff like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden? When a band can take a poem from the late 1700s and turn it into a 14 minute epic, that is heavy metal.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Mostly J-Pop myself though really, I'm open for anything.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wedge14

All this talk about 'pure' metal and 'true' metal and no mention of the loudest band in the world Manowar? :?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
v_zubko

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Whatever happened to quality stuff like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden? When a band can take a poem from the late 1700s and turn it into a 14 minute epic, that is heavy metal.
Iced Earth, Gettysburg

As for my own tastes, I lean heavily towards power metal.
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.
ShadowCell

I like that old time rock and roll
The kinda music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock and roll

Man, I look forward to seeing him on Thursday.
wing zero alpha

It's a three way tie between rock and roll, classical and J-whatever for me. I like to think of myself as a balanced individual 8).