Why no American Mech Series?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Ryujin

GruntyBalboa wrote: Not to mention tossing in the old cartoon "The Centurions", or at least I think that's what it was called. ... I'm pretty sure it ran for about 50 or so episodes back in the 80s...
Interesting that you should mention Centurions, which, while an American creation, was actually animated by Sunrise. It ran long enough for two additional members to be introduced.

The Eighties were a fertile decade for such co-productions (even Disney's Gummi Bears was outsourced to Japan), with a number of shows with high mecha content such as Mighty Orbots, M.A.S.K., Bionic Six & Galaxy Rangers (not to mention Transformers) being produced for the American audience. Even Shinji Aramaki of BGC & Megazone fame had a hand in the designs for MASK.
codename:v

Except the Orbots were sued over copyrights due to their resemblances with God Mars.
Ascension

From the looks of the Wiki article it sounds like the Godmars resemblance was intentional. I know it isn't reliable, but it claims Tonka sued them over a resemblance to GoBots.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
FEMC_Mirage_Corp

Ascension wrote:From the looks of the Wiki article it sounds like the Godmars resemblance was intentional. I know it isn't reliable, but it claims Tonka sued them over a resemblance to GoBots.
Ah, Mighty Orbots. I do have a fond memory of that show. There was a scene in which some sort of Uber tough dome was closing over them, trapping them inside and the announcer said something to the effect of.

"Oh No! Not even the Mighty Orbots can break through the Unobtanium dome!"

Mighty Orbots promptly smashes through the dome.

"Hmm, looks like I was wrong."

About the only thing I can remember about it though.
"We are All Individuals" - They Chanted in Unison
Kiggz

I think most people forgot to follow the yellow brick road.

The reason why there is a lack of american mecha is extremely simple JAPAN are mecha GODS as long as japan is around there is almost no reason to make anime or mecha outside of japan because they are the kings of mecha and anime.

Mecha and anime need no creators outside of japan to stay fully alive because its already been proven 10000000000 times over that Japan nerds are the kings of this kind of stuff and we should just sit back and leave it to them because they do the best job.
Ascension

I think that Exo Squad and Megas XLR are more than enough proof that Americans can do a mecha show just as well as the Japanese if/when they want to. They just don't often want to. Figuring out why is the entire point of this thread.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.