For the Guys - Shaving: Necessary or Do You Hate It???

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Do you enjoy facial shaving?

Yes! OMG Favorite Thing of The Day!
7%
No, But My GF Hates Stubble...
5%
Eh, I Don't Shave Every Day, But I Don't Hate Shaving
74%
BEARDED ALL THE WAY!
14%

Total votes: 43
Camille Vidan

I love shaving, It's one of the most manly things in the world(right next to dressing up as Gengis Khan and beating women), and it makes you pretty. I do it every day.

I use a regular gillette razor, but sometimes I have to use my Phillips electric razor if I'm in a hurry, but the regular one is much better. The braun stuff you are talking about looks and sounds badass, I might give it a try.
solid snake

The main thing I hate about shaving is having to clean shave, which fortunately I don't have to very often. I ususally use my electric razor and trim every few days.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
The Big Zabowski

Ascension wrote:
I'll take that gene if you don't want it.
Now we know the TRUE reason coordinators are superior... control of their facial hair!
Which would explain Andy's kick ass sideburns..

But, I'd like to see him try to sport mine.. They used to be sideburns long ago, but now I have full blown mutton-chops and a goatee-stache to boot. Stache part is coloring in slowly but the hair is there.

My facial hair tends to go into a peach fuzz state but retains a normal length and then darkens as time passes. Only problem I have with uneven hair is that it starts out that way, but eventually grows in. But the quick trim, that's the only thing I like about electric shavers... the rest of the time the stubble never gets shaved. And I've already gone through 5 screens and 4 blades on my 6 year old Braun and it still never shaves.

One of these days I'm gonna try wet shaving..

Oh, and the avatar doesn't do justice.. It's grown in much more since that picture..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

...I use disposible single-blade Bics. 8) The classic yellow handled model.

I usually keep fairly long sideburns, but I swimg back and forth between clean shaven and manly lumberjack stubble every few weeks depending on how I feel and if my girlfriend complains about it.

When I buy gel, it's Edge (w/blue cap, not sure which model that is).
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Nagi

I have this obsessive-compulsive trust issue with putting a razorblade to my throat, and electric razors prefer to rub my neck raw as hell before actually cutting the hairs up top, so shaving automatically becomes an irritant to me. My way around it is to just take a beard/sideburn trimmer and just buzz my face once every one or two weeks. My jaw isn't silky smooth, but I get close enough. Got a nice, perpetual Kaji Ryouji kinda thing going on...long enough to be noticeable, but short enough not to get in the way or look ratty.

I may end up sporting a goatee rather soon, though, because of an inside joke among me and my friends. Suffice it to say a reference to our respective dating statuses and that one Star Trek episode with evil goatee-clad members of the Enterprise's crew are involved.
ShadowCell

Nagi wrote:I have this obsessive-compulsive trust issue with putting a razorblade to my throat,
Well, gee, when you put it like that, suddenly I have even more qualms with shaving.
Deus EpS Machina

never thought this sort of topic would come up here...but ok

i shave when i need to, not everyday...mainly to sculpt it to how the beard is on the guy on my avatar...which i drew in =p
Folken Fanel

I usually shave once every other week, depending on my mood. Right now, I've got this cool little soul ptach thing going, and I've been considering trying to grow a goatee.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

ShadowCell wrote:
Nagi wrote:I have this obsessive-compulsive trust issue with putting a razorblade to my throat,
Well, gee, when you put it like that, suddenly I have even more qualms with shaving.
And that's why I perfer electric shavers. It gets the job done, but leaves the areas I shaved feel...kinda irratated afterawhile(Probably because I don't bother using after shave)
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
EZero8

Who knew shaving would show up in a Mecha site? Anyways, I tend grow it out into a mustache until someone comments on it (may it be the girls at school or my older cousins bugging me about it), mostly because I'm too lazy to bother with it otherwise.

I usually dont consider it to be much of a chore really. I'm still very capable of getting a completely clean shave on a Gillette razor. It's simply 10 minutes of quick facial hair removal and I'll wait another 2 weeks or so before I shave again. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Nimrod

I usually shave every couple of days or wait till the girlfriend gets on my case about it.

However, when she tries to bug me into shaving everyday I kindly remind her that the day she shaves her legs everyday is the day I'll shave my face everyday.

So far, she has no comeback for that one :wink:
Wedge14

Does anyone use a straight razor? Sometimes when i go to the barber shop i get a shave and they use the straight razor. Closest shave ever. I kinda wanna get my own and do it that. Thats pretty much the manliest thing you could do, next to burning the hair off every morning.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Folken Fanel

My brother tried burning the hair off because of a bet. He's still re-growing the left eyebrow.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Ascension

I once saw a scan online of a Superman comic in which he was using a hand mirror to reflect his heat vision onto his chin and burn off the hair...

I shave the beard/mustache areas, but I have rather remarkable sideburns. When I toured the White House a little over a week ago, one of the Secret Service guys compared me to Chester A. Arthur (They aren't really THAT out of control, but they're getting there).
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

Burning hair... ugh. My friend tried that, and his room stunk like hell afterwards. I dunno if whether it was from the protein content or that he was simply a dirty guy.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Fritz Ashlyn

Ascension wrote:...but I have rather remarkable sideburns. When I toured the White House a little over a week ago, one of the Secret Service guys compared me to Chester A. Arthur (They aren't really THAT out of control, but they're getting there).
Likewise, in high school I had longer hair and looked like I stepped out of a 70s super robot anime (shaggy 70s hair + ultra sideburns = GETTA CHANGE!). I wore reflective sunglasses a lot outside of school because my friends thought it looked cool.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wingnut

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
Ascension wrote:...but I have rather remarkable sideburns. When I toured the White House a little over a week ago, one of the Secret Service guys compared me to Chester A. Arthur (They aren't really THAT out of control, but they're getting there).
Likewise, in high school I had longer hair and looked like I stepped out of a 70s super robot anime (shaggy 70s hair + ultra sideburns = GETTA CHANGE!). I wore reflective sunglasses a lot outside of school because my friends thought it looked cool.
Sounds like you were doing a Jamil Neate impersonation without even knowing it. Shades + ultra sideburns, and all you needed was a scar over one eye and you'd have it down.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

I don’t really hate shaving; it’s just that if I shave of my beard, I look like I’m seventeen year old. I trim it regularly so it looks nice though. It also goes well with my hat, as seen here.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Lol. I neither like it or dislike it.

I tend to forget to shave at times. I shave once every month or two most likely, aside from that I just trim now and then.

Much like Heretic, I tend to trim it more than shave because it looks much more stylish. :D
Lert

I shave every few days, or when I need to look presentable (which to me means 'minus stubble')

However, since I'd rather spend time surfing the web or picking my nose, I shave quick and hassle-free with my power-mower, commonly known as a philishave.

Can't stand hand-shaving.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.