Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What kind of place do you like best?
Pizza place 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Burger Joint 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Family Restaurant 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Hot Dog Cart/ food stand/ court 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Other 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
I'd much rather cook than go out 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 539
Location: University of Northern Iowa.
Ok, we have threads about sports, school, movies, books, and television. So, why not discuss another staple of world cultures...food. What is your favorite or most hated restuarant?

Now, I'm sure many of us (myself included) like a local watering hole as opposed to the internationally located McDonald's. That's fine, in fact, that's great. But don't just say "Joe's." Keep in mind that the local spot you enjoy going to is probably not located in the towns of the diversely located forum members, so describe why you like that place in detail. :D

_________________
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:03 pm 
Offline
Busty Fanservice Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3006
Location: The big doomsday rock
Depends on what I'm in the mood for, and where I go out that day. When my parents go down to China Town, then we usually hit a place call Asian Legend, sence my dad is kinda picky about where we go. There's also a Vietnamese place we go to from time to time called 99. Other then that, its the usual fast food joints.

_________________
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:52 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: Athens, GA
I'm weak for pizza. Always have been, and always will be

_________________
This space for rent


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:26 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4535
I can eat on any restaurant (fast foods are a different story), as long as it has any of the following:

1. 1/3-1/2lb burger
2. ribeye/new york strip
3. grilled chicken wih sauce (teriyaki/lemon/bbq/sweet and sour etc...)
4. Japanese food

That being said, restaurants like Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, TGIF, American cafe, Outback fall into this category.

Japanese Restaurants are also cool (sucker for Teriyaki sauce, sushi, and well, almost anything else outside raw sashimi) Hibachi grill shows are awesome, Although I havent been to Benihana yet (Shoguns' Grill is nearer)

Italians' are so-so. I eat steak in Macaroni Grill, so its all good. Olive Garden, besides the 15-hour wait lines, suck because of lack of any good choices, given my 4 criteria.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:44 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 3:11 am
Posts: 420
Location: Malaysia
As long there're good foods on the menu and the prices are affordable, I don't mind. Most of the time, I prefered home cooked meals.

_________________
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass. Yippee-ki-yay, cheebye.
http://vforvengeance.deviantart.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:13 pm 
 
Oh, Lawdy Lawdy Taco bell is my absolute weakness. Once... I knew I wouldn't be going back for ages, so I bought ten soft tacos, Mind you that the closest one is about 30 miles away. I think I ate like four or five as soon as I got them, but the rest were saved until about seven or eight hours later... oh man... And you know what taco bell does to your stomach sometimes..... :oops:


Top 
  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:30 pm 
Offline
Mod of Bling, Yo
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 am
Posts: 3627
I'll do fine as long as I get to eat good food. Generally, I dont mind if I go out or eat at home, but since I'm so active in sports I'll have to rule out the fast food.

Burger joints like Fudruckers that actually make fresh burgers are great to eat at. Japanese and Chinese restaurants are also good, as well as noodle houses from time to time. For Mexican food, I usually go to places where they serve good burritos or tacos.

Steak houses are also high on my list. Prime rib and chops are good. Not to mention the various seafood restaurants that serve crab cakes and oysters... :D

_________________
ShadowCell wrote:
"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 1101
Location: Behind the Sofa to escape from the Daleks.
I like the Family restaurant kind of place. The atmosphere is more pleasant if, like my family does, you like to talk about things over a meal. I do like cooking meals for myself and my family but I don’t get the opportunity all that often.

Absolutely can’t stand fast food, first because it sucks, second because it doesn’t; allow for the pleasant socializing I prefer.

There is a Japanese Restaurant down the street from me that I’ve been wonting to try out when I get the extra cash.

_________________
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:51 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: 미합중국 버지니아주 페어팩스군
Dude, there's this Sushi place I go to called Ichiban Sushi that's 5 x awesome! Love that stuff.

However, I currently work at a restaurant, so I am compelled to say my favorite place is Villa Bella Ristorante Italiano.

Okay, so of course I was kidding there, but the place is pretty damn good anyway. I love that I get discounts there, as they actually have pretty damn good food.

For the most part, though, I choose home-cooked meals over restaurants. Doubly so, if my mom's the one making it. Am I a mama's boy? Yes, very much so. Regardless, she knows how to make that stuff right.

_________________
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl


Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:38 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 am
Posts: 857
Location: Nor-Cal
I go to Friday's fairly frequently. I'm a total sucker for the Jack Daniel's sauce.

_________________
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:52 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 1338
Location: Chernarus
I'll eat just about anywhere except Mcdonald's. I hate their food. It's all nasty.

_________________
Mechwarrior Living Legends: A Crysis Wars total conversion mod. Now with Masakari Clan Assualt mech, Solitaire Clan Light mech, Chimera Inner sphere medium mech, and Ares clan medium tank.

You can now play without having to purchase Crysis Wars, see here for more details.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:41 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:17 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Princeton TX,
I am weak for Whataburger, they have good food, and the personnel is really nice.

Mcdonalds is a last resort for cheap food.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:16 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 pm
Posts: 600
I'm currently planning to work as a cook or as a manager in a restaurant, but the funny thing is that i preffer little food stands. Despite their size the food is much better than the bigger companies'. And you can meet funny people there.


And I try to avoid mcdonalds/burger king, once I went there to eat a burger and the "outcome" was GREEN on the next day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:05 pm 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:32 am
Posts: 281
Location: Hidalgo Colony, Side 3
I haven't been there in a while because The Boy is doing South Beach (and it's working), but Toro Sushi is our favourite place to eat sushi, teriyaki, and udon with our friends.

Otherwise, I have a real fondness for TGI Friday's. It's open for dinner until at least 11, there's always something on the menu you're in the mood for, the atmosphere is relaxed, etc.

_________________
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:30 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 am
Posts: 857
Location: Nor-Cal
Kishiria wrote:
I haven't been there in a while because The Boy is doing South Beach (and it's working), but Toro Sushi is our favourite place to eat sushi, teriyaki, and udon with our friends.

Otherwise, I have a real fondness for TGI Friday's. It's open for dinner until at least 11, there's always something on the menu you're in the mood for, the atmosphere is relaxed, etc.


and they generally have Guinness on tap :P

_________________
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:51 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 533
Location: Audubon, PA
Well as fast food goes, I'm always down for a burger or pizza place, though I recently discovered Quizno's. Applebee's is always good too. As for my favorite resturant overall: Buca di Beppo's. Great food and lots of it.

_________________
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:16 pm 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:32 am
Posts: 281
Location: Hidalgo Colony, Side 3
bluemax151 wrote:
Kishiria wrote:
I haven't been there in a while because The Boy is doing South Beach (and it's working), but Toro Sushi is our favourite place to eat sushi, teriyaki, and udon with our friends.

Otherwise, I have a real fondness for TGI Friday's. It's open for dinner until at least 11, there's always something on the menu you're in the mood for, the atmosphere is relaxed, etc.


and they generally have Guinness on tap :P


American Guinness is an abomination. American Boddington's is worse, which leads to my favourite place to eat and have a pint in Montreal, McKibbin's on Bishop at Ste-Catherine.

In Tijuana, I generally hit Sanborn's because even if I'm with a gabacho I know the food won't make them sick.

_________________
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:33 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 717
Location: minnesota
Well, my preference really isn't on the list or it is crossing over too much. Every day I eat fast food once at noon, pretty much every place in minnesota is around where I work. Subway is usually good, but $7.33 is a bit much every day, same goes for Chipotle.

I also eat atleast one meal with the family since I've grown up that way, plus it is mega cheap for me, $0. If I'm up late I hit up a local gas station at my friend's house that cater's to late night munchies.

My favorite actual resturant is Olive Garden. Fast food, subway as I said.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:18 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 am
Posts: 857
Location: Nor-Cal
Kishiria wrote:
American Guinness is an abomination. American Boddington's is worse, which leads to my favourite place to eat and have a pint in Montreal, McKibbin's on Bishop at Ste-Catherine.

In Tijuana, I generally hit Sanborn's because even if I'm with a gabacho I know the food won't make them sick.


HAHA sometimes I go to a local British Pub called the Duke of Edinburgh for that exact reason but not many of my friends are interested in drinking anything other than crap water esque domestic beers.

You really shouldn't use gabacho..... it's pretty derogatory. Not that I care but I'd rather use Guero :twisted:

_________________
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:05 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1809
I don't know about favorite place, but there are two places that tie for worst in my opinion.

1. Noble Roman Pizza: I had some right before a four hour flight and I was on the verge of vomiting by the time I got off.

2. Some fancy restaraunt in a hotel in Irvine, California: I ate there last New Year's Eve with my folks and I got this expensive lobster tail that was smaller than any lobster tail I'd gotten for less than half the price and it tasted awful.

Some of my favorite places though are Fresca Grill (because I love their Horchata) and Jack in the Box (where else can you get a breakfast sandwhich any time of the day?).

_________________
Chris wrote:
IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@

Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Discussion » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: