Cosplay

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Would or Wouldn't You?

Would you Cosplay?
74%
Would you not?
26%

Total votes: 27
Volnixshin

Cosplay

Any members of Cosplay.com here?

What are your opinions on Cosplay? Would you do it, would you not, tell me! And don't just vote, gimmie som reasons. Although it would be nice if we were all polite and considerate as well.
I cosplay all the time, love it, huge passion for it
Here are some pics of me.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=943381
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=940258
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=736231

Hey Mods, this typea' thread IS allowed...right?
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
alucard2

Well...i loved to cosplay,after i did it once i had to do it again :D

but lately with all the school things and some issues in my personal life i've been out of it for a while...

Last year i was working in a Sazabi cosplay...was...:(

BTW...i didnt quite understand the poll,which is the "yes" and which one is the "no" :)
Volnixshin

Would you Cosplay? =Yes
Would you not? = No
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Android raptor

I cosplay. I Hope to go as Garma for Momocon in March, though I have yet to start.
Haros_Pet_Kat

I once took a picture of myself and drew an Earth Federation uniform onto myself using a paint application and never shown it to anyone. Does that count?

(No. I don't have the picture anymore. I would do it again if I could draw a Feddie uniform better, though).
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Cardi Doorl

I've never cosplayed, though I can't honestly say I'm closed to the idea. I actually had a Garma uniform going but it was never finished and never will be.

Thing is, I can't stand the idea of cosplaying unless the costume is superbly done. If it's even a mote below par then I can't imagine bringing myself to actually wear it under any circumstance.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
alucard2

Cardi Doorl wrote:I've never cosplayed, though I can't honestly say I'm closed to the idea. I actually had a Garma uniform going but it was never finished and never will be.

Thing is, I can't stand the idea of cosplaying unless the costume is superbly done. If it's even a mote below par then I can't imagine bringing myself to actually wear it under any circumstance.
Same here...thats one of the things that led me to scrap my sazabi prototype -_-
Volnixshin

Anyone else have any interesting cosplay related stories?

swordoath

I'm hoping to have a full Zeon uniform ready for April. Possibly Ramba Ral, though more likely just the generic colors - I haven't decided for sure yet.
Heretic

I have one pic of myself about to slap a random seeder.

Me on the left

I started with a coat that was on sale and made modifications myself. I didn’t have to worry about shoddy seams ripping on me or what have you and it was still a fully functional jaket.

Best thing is, I was able to easily undo the modifications to the coat and now I where it all the time. As seen here
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
swordoath

Heretic, that might be the single greatest cosplay pic I've seen, just for the sheer feeling of imminent redemption. Well done.
Kishiria

I cosplayed Garma when I was 19 and under 100 lbs.

Now I would LOVE a Zeon uniform made the way I think such a uniform would really be: dark green gabardine with velvet cape and panels and gold piping to make the stylized eagles.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Ascension

I've got a paper mache Gundam Alex helmet and a partially completed beam rifle in my room, but I haven't built the rest of the costume (nor do I really plan to).
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
codename:v

I don't really enjoy cosplay. They(cosplayers) kinda give me goosebumps as an anime character may not even look good in real life.
ZeonfromHell

I would really like to cosplay. I would probably go as Ramba Ral, since I have the fat body for it. I could also go as Norris Packard. (Goufs for teh win!) I've got one tall skinny friend and a really tall fat fiend, so we sould go as the Black Tristars. As soon as I get myself situated with money and, uh...er, cotsume-making skills, I can do so. Plus, I have a friend on deviantart who makes great cosplay costumes, and she looks so good in them :D .
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ShadowCell

I was going to cosplay as Basque Om at AX this year, but the only suitable black bridge coat I could find was somewhere in the $130s, and I decided I have better things to spend my money on. Like college.

Besides, no Basque Om cosplay is complete without a street of Titans to beat people down.
ZeonfromHell

ShadowCell wrote:Besides, no Basque Om cosplay is complete without a street of Titans to beat people down.
What? You can't find any Zeons or AEUGs to beat up either? Bask Om is a big guy, I'm sure he doesn't need little minions to do his dirty work. :D
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ShadowCell

Oh, sure, Basque could perform the beatdown by himself, but it's not the same unless he has four or five minions do it for him.
Dark Duel

I was gonna do Aizen Sousuke from Bleach for Oni-Con last September, but I never got the costume done.
I'm still gonna do it, though, because I can do Aizen perfectly - right down to the color of the eyes.
(I have naturally brown hair and eyes, and Aizen in the Bleach Anime has brown hair and brown eyes. Plus I can do the hairstyle easily)

After that, I dunno. Might try for Jamille Neate from Gundam X, if I can find the coat.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
solid snake

If I had any skill with a needle and thread I would cosplay, but something simple, like a Federation uniform or maybe Kaneda's outfit.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.