NBA Finals 07

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
EZero8

NBA Finals 07

Well, the season has gotten underway for about 2 weeks now. Any teams you guys are rooting for? As you guys would guess, I'm hoping for the Warriors to make the playoffs this year. Other favorites include the Bulls, the Pistons, and the Heat.
Last edited by EZero8 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

Eh, the NBA really doesn't start to interest me until the last part of the season before the playoffs.

That said, generally, I root for a different team pretty much each year, depending on who I like and the players on the team and a bunch of other stuff. Last year I was rooting for the Suns (As I refused to jump on the Heat bandwagon like so many other people down here), but since the playoffs are many months away, the NBA won't have much of my interest for a while.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Cardi Doorl

I always root for the Magic. And no, I don't, as a matter of fact, care how much they suck every year. They're my home team and I cheer for them.

That said, I'm usually cool with any non-California team winning. Just my bigoted regionalism at work.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
SNT1

coming from memphis, gotta go for the grizz. They need to get that playoff win >.<

Otherwise, my other teams are the spurs, heat or the cavaliers.

Cavaliers and Nets are especially good shows, since vince carter, jason kidd and lebron james can put up some highlight-reel worthy plays.

Teams I wanna see phail are the Pistons, Lakers,and the Mavs.
Wingnut

Then it looks like the Colomera Corps is a bit split here as the Pistons are both the local club and my team of choice.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
solid snake

While I don't follow basketball that closely, I am a fan of my local team, the 76'ers.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Anonymous

i say the bulls are going to be the top teams this season.
Oruma

I was rooting for Phoenix but at the moment they weren't doing too well. :(
Although I am a Canadian I like Shawn Marion (slightly) better than Nash :lol:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
EZero8

The Warriors are doing pretty good. 2 wins and 3 losses isnt too bad for the beginning of the season, especially if they beat powerhouse Dallas. :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
SNT1

dallas is off to a very craptacular start anyways. 0-4? come on. They possibly can't still be shaken up from the championship upset! :lol:
EZero8

As craptacular their start is, they are still a huge threat in the West. They are a very powerful team, with a 7' 3-point shooter and one of the top backcourts to boot.
Anonymous

the season is early but do you think there are too many surprise?

like bulls beat heat by 42pts, hornets last team to be unbeaten, top teams with bad starts, etc.
EZero8

I just read the paper today, and learned that the Warriors slaughtered the Pistons 111 to 79 after handing New Orleans their first loss of the season.

Looking good... :twisted:
Wingnut

EZero8 wrote:I just read the paper today, and learned that the Warriors slaughtered the Pistons 111 to 79 after handing New Orleans their first loss of the season.

Looking good... :twisted:
Early it is. And one win does not a season make. We will be the ones prevailing come playoff time.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
EZero8

I know... too bad. The Warriors never made it to the playoffs for at least 10 years, so things are gonna look grim eventually. :(
EZero8

Update: After watching the NBA for the past week, I'm quite happy with the way the Warriors are playing. 7 and 3 isnt bad at all. The Heat and the Pistons are a disappointment at the moment unfortunately, and the Bulls are barely hanging on...
SNT1

the grizz are playing a pathetic 1-7. We have to rely on rooks/sophomores/has-been veterans to play :( oh Pau Gasol where art thou?

I am impressed with J.Kidd lately, that guy seems to be churning more triple-doubles or near it every game, and I thought he was on his decline.
Bezerker

Why did you have to go Ben Wallace, why did you have to be a money grubbing player and leave a sure thing WHY! *fetal position*
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
EZero8

Updated again. It seems that the Pacific West is the strongest group of the NBA, with all but one team over .500. The Warriors are doing well, so I guess I'm still happy with the results so far. :P
Anonymous

well the nba is a month old just wait after all-star weekends for the real season then playoffs.

now their complain about headbands geez there was dress code then game ball what next?